PDA

View Full Version : Austin Toros to Tip Off NBA D-League Season Thanksgiving Weekend

ChumpDumper
08-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Full Schedule (http://www.nba.com/dleague/austin/schedule/)

AUSTIN, TX, Aug. 12, 2008 – The Austin Toros open the 2008-09 season Thanksgiving weekend with back to back games on Friday, November 28th and Saturday, November 29th when they host the Utah Flash and the Tulsa 66ers respectively at the Austin Convention Center. Both games are scheduled for a 7:30p.m. tip-off.

The Toros-Flash contest is the first of 50 regular season games for the Toros, 24 of which will take place at the Austin Convention Center. The Toros will also take part in the 2009 NBA D-League Showcase scheduled for January 5-8, 2009 at the McKay Events Center in Orem, Utah.

“The Toros are very excited to start the season at home this year. Our team had a great home record last season and the schedule provides several options for fans to see a game early in November and December,” said Toros Chief Operating Officer Billy Widner.

Highlighting the 2008-09 NBA D-League Schedule is the All-Star Game and Dream Factory which is a part of NBA Jam Session presented by adidas at NBA All-Star 2009 in Phoenix.

Fans can purchase season ticket packages for Toros games now by calling (512) 236-8333 or logging onto austintoros.com. Ticket prices range from $8 to $23 per seat. Floor seating and group discount rates are available by contacting the Toros office.

Widner added, “The Toros are proud to provide fun, family entertainment at a very reasonable price. There is something for everyone at a Toros game and great seats are available for only $8.”

The NBA D-League will continue to have three divisions for the 2008-09 season. The Central and Southwest divisions will feature five teams, while the West division will have six. The Toros will play in the Southwest division.

The Divisions for the 2008-09 season will break down as follows:

Central
Dakota
Erie
Fort Wayne
Iowa
Sioux Falls

Southwest
Albuquerque
Austin
Colorado
Rio Grande Valley
Tulsa

West
Anaheim
Bakersfield
Idaho
Los Angeles
Reno
Utah

http://www.nba.com/dleague/austin/schedule_080812.html

Looks like there are more weekday games than last season, and only one home game in March? Jeez.

lurker23
08-12-2008, 04:43 PM
The Toros will also take part in the 2009 NBA D-League Showcase scheduled for January 5-8, 2009 at the McKay Events Center in Orem, Utah.

I'm not sure how much of the Showcase I'm going to get a chance to attend, but I'm hoping everyone will be following the Toros for a completely different reason this year (i.e.- I'm hoping that Hill and Mahinmi will be contributing with the big club...although I could also see Tolliver spending time in Austin, if they want to use a roster spot on him).

DPG21920
08-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the update

I. Hustle
08-12-2008, 04:55 PM
I wish the Toros were there when I lived in Austin

urunobili
08-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Starring Ian Mahimni...

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Starring Ian Mahimni...

You just have it in for this guy don't you? Did he take a dump in your shoes or something?

urunobili
08-12-2008, 06:49 PM
You just have it in for this guy don't you? Did he take a dump in your shoes or something?

nothing personal.. i just wish he proves me wrong when i think he doesn't have what it takes to be a Spur... that's it... do u have a man crash with him?

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-12-2008, 06:51 PM
nothing personal.. i just wish he proves me wrong when i think he doesn't have what it takes to be a Spur... that's it... do u have a man crash with him?
Nope. Just trying to figure out why you always have to talk negative about him.

T Park
08-12-2008, 07:26 PM

If he was an argie he would be the greatest thing that walked on water of course.

urunobili
08-12-2008, 07:44 PM
If he was an argie he would be the greatest thing that walked on water of course.

fuck you T Park... i LOVE TP and other French players... btw i'd be the first one supporting Oberto to be shipped for another Center... this is about the Spurs not nationality...

ChumpDumper
08-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Just FYI -- I checked against the Spurs' schedule, and the best dates for a GTG that out-of-towners could make would be December 13 against Albuquerque or January 10 versus Colorado. Both games are Saturday at 7:30 PM.