PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Announce Preseason Schedule

Spurs Brazil
08-12-2008, 05:38 PM
August 12, 2008
Spurs Announce Preseason Schedule

SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs released their preseason schedule for the 2008-09 season today. The Silver and Black will play seven preseason games in preparation for the regular season.
San Antonio will open the preseason on the road in Houston against Yao Ming and the Rockets on Oct. 9. The Spurs return home the following night to take on Chris Paul and the New Orleans Hornets. The Silver and Black will then travel to Grand Rapids, MI, for a matchup with Rip Hamilton and the Detroit Pistons on Oct. 14, before making the trip to Cleveland for a test against LeBron James and the Cavaliers on Oct. 16. San Antonio returns home to host T.J. Ford and the Indiana Pacers on Oct. 18, followed up by a visit from Gilbert Arenas and the Washington Wizards on Oct. 22. The Spurs conclude their preseason schedule hosting Dwayne Wade and the Miami Heat on Oct. 24.

All games will be aired live on WOAI-AM 1200 AM with Bill Schoening calling the action. The Spurs preseason home games can also be heard in Spanish on KCOR-AM 1300 with Paul Castro handling the play-by-play.

2008-09 San Antonio Spurs Preseason Schedule

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
Thursday, Oct. 9 at Houston Rockets Toyota Center 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 10 New Orleans Hornets AT&T Center 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 14 at Detroit Pistons Grand Rapids, MI (Van Andel Arena) 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 16 at Cleveland Cavaliers Quicken Loans Arena 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 18 Indiana Pacers AT&T Center 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 22 Washington Wizards AT&T Center 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 24 Miami Heat AT&T Center 7:30 p.m.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/preseason_schedule_080812.html

ThunderStix®
08-12-2008, 05:42 PM
August 12, 2008
Spurs Announce Preseason Schedule

SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Spurs released their preseason schedule for the 2008-09 season today. The Silver and Black will play seven preseason games in preparation for the regular season.
San Antonio will open the preseason on the road in Houston against Yao Ming and the Rockets on Oct. 9. The Spurs return home the following night to take on Chris Paul and the New Orleans Hornets. The Silver and Black will then travel to Grand Rapids, MI, for a matchup with Rip Hamilton and the Detroit Pistons on Oct. 14, before making the trip to Cleveland for a test against LeBron James and the Cavaliers on Oct. 16. San Antonio returns home to host T.J. Ford and the Indiana Pacers on Oct. 18, followed up by a visit from Gilbert Arenas and the Washington Wizards on Oct. 22. The Spurs conclude their preseason schedule hosting Dwayne Wade and the Miami Heat on Oct. 24.

All games will be aired live on WOAI-AM 1200 AM with Bill Schoening calling the action. The Spurs preseason home games can also be heard in Spanish on KCOR-AM 1300 with Paul Castro handling the play-by-play.

2008-09 San Antonio Spurs Preseason Schedule

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
Thursday, Oct. 9 at Houston Rockets Toyota Center 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 10 New Orleans Hornets AT&T Center 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 14 at Detroit Pistons Grand Rapids, MI (Van Andel Arena) 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 16 at Cleveland Cavaliers Quicken Loans Arena 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 18 Indiana Pacers AT&T Center 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 22 Washington Wizards AT&T Center 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 24 Miami Heat AT&T Center 7:30 p.m.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/preseason_schedule_080812.html

:lobt2: Preseason championship on the line? ;)

duncan228
08-12-2008, 05:46 PM
I just can't wait anymore. This has been the longest summer.

timtonymanu
08-12-2008, 06:26 PM
those are some good games.

ThunderStix®
08-12-2008, 07:38 PM
I just can't wait anymore. This has been the longest summer.

I actually think it's going by pretty quick. It seems like just a few weeks ago the Celtics won the title, not two months ago, and now the 08-09 schedule has come out.

Anyways, I can't for the new season either.

The west playoff race is going to be insane. I don't think the Southwest division could be any better having three teams capable of winning 55-60 games, with the exception of the Mavs.

And then you have the Lakers with Bynum coming back in the Pacific, along with the always fun to watch Suns. It will be interesting to see how they respond to new head coach Terry Porter.

Also, don't forget about the new-look Clippers, which I believe are being underestimated. Baron Davis can do amazing things when he's healthy.

The Kings can be pretty good at times. I think Thompson was a great pick for them in the draft.

In the Northwest, you have the Jazz, who are always contending for a top four spot. It's hard to say whether they'll be better or worse with the rest of the conference getting better, and having a greatly improved Blazers team in their own division.

I can't wait to see how Greg Oden does in his first season along the rest of the team. I think the Blazers can win 50 games as long as there are no injurys.

The Nuggets are unpredictable in my mind. :lol

Even the bad teams will be exciting to watch, like the Grizzlies, who have a young trio of Conley, Gay and Mayo. The Timberwolves also have a nice core.

It'll be cool to see how OKC welcomes their new franchise.

I don't want to talk about the East. The Celtics have it locked up, and the Pistons are declining. :depressed

Oh well, at least they have Stuckey! :lol

Sausage
08-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Any chance any of these games are on TV? I know it's preseason, but sometimes they show a game or two on tv..

ThunderStix®
08-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Any chance any of these games are on TV? I know it's preseason, but sometimes they show a game or two on tv..

I'm sure they will, they always show a few Pistons preseason games here in Detroit on the local channels.

Last year, they had a Celtics/Cavs preseason game on ESPN. :lol