PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick's post-prison job prospects look pretty good

ducks
08-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Michael Vick's post-prison job prospects look pretty good

By MJD

Most guys in Cell Block D don't have a plan this good, but most guys in Cell Block D aren't Mike Vick.

Michael Huyghue, the commissioner of the upstart United Football League, which plans to start play in 2009, is chomping at the big to throw millions at Vick. He sees Vick as the star attraction of his soon-to-be fledgling league.

From Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback:

The big news, I suppose, from my talk with Huyghue was this: He said the chances of a UFL team signing Michael Vick to play the 2009 season are "98 percent.'' Strange percentage, but that's what he said.

"Michael's not going to be able to walk right back into the NFL,'' Huyghue said. "He's going to need some kind of buffer before he signs in the NFL, and we'll be able to provide that for him.''

I don't know if Vick's going to need a buffer or not, but he is going to need cash. And I can't see any NFL team giving him more than the veteran's minimum, whereas the UFL could conceivably pay him in the neighborhood of $4 million a year. The prestige of being an NFL player is nice, but not being broke is probably a higher priority.

And it would be completely worth it for the UFL, too, even if Vick is never the player he once was. The attention and curiosity he'll generate is something they won't be able to get from any other player, I don't care who they pluck off an NFL roster.

hater
08-12-2008, 10:00 PM
wrong forum

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Screw Michael Vick forum (something besides this one).

ducks
08-12-2008, 10:03 PM
sorry wrong forum

Fabbs
08-19-2008, 03:09 PM
Vick will be playing pro ball for a fact.

Cinci today giving Chris Henry a job back.

jack sommerset
08-19-2008, 05:25 PM
I see Vick playing for the Vikings. The problem is getting past Goodell.

Spurtacus
08-20-2008, 01:44 AM
When is Vick due out of prison?