PDA

View Full Version : Trying to understand old people

BacktoBasics
08-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Hi gang its me again. Been a busy day her in my world but I wanted to stop and take a moment to comment on how fucking annoying old people are. Seems like a good portion of them have this inability to rationalize and listen to the younger folk.

Let me tell you a little story about this old jackass I work with.

Old dipshit: I can't afford my vehicle anymore and I'm gonna let it go back would you consider selling me your truck for cash and a few payments?

Me: Is it possible to trade your vehicle? What do you owe?

come to find out he's way upside down so trading won't work.

Me: Hows your credit otherwise have you considered purchasing something cheaper to make this work.

Old fella: I have great credit but can no longer afford this car since I'm old and working for pennies. ::long story about his life ensues for 20 minutes :rolleyes::

He's old so he thinks he has only a few years left and letting his car get repo'd isn't a concern of his. Which is fine by me but paying cash for some piece of shit truck or car is only going to make it more difficult on him later. He's too broken down to work on vehicles himself and he's considering these 2k and 3k junkers that'll probably stick him with repair after repair.

Me: Can you afford 200 dollar payments?

Old Tard: Yeah I can do that you know anyone that will take payments.

Me: yeah I do listen up.

Me: Don't let the car go just yet. Instead of trying to buy a running piece of shit just take your good credit and go buy a cheap 7 or 8 thousand dollar car or truck from a dealership and cut your payments in half, make sure to get a 4 year warranty with it. Then let your current vehicle be repo'd. This way you have a good reliable vehicle with warranty and you won't be stuck with a piece of shit once your current ride gets picked up.

Old jackass: na I just want something cheap for cash and maybe a couple of years of payments...like from an individual.

Me: whatever you want guy its your dollar.

I told the old lady I worked with to tell him what I said so he doesn't end up fucking himself over with some junker. Sure enough he listened to her because she's older. Dudes going to pick up a nice 04 Dakota sometime at lunch today. 59k miles 4 year warranty 6,800 bucks and he's already approved. Its like a 40 month loan. Way better off than some shit ride.

Going from a 680 dollar payment down to under 200 bucks. Not that I agree with the methods but there's no way for this guy to get out from underneath his current ride. Poor old fella only makes 900 a month working here plus his 400 in SS. I knew he was scraping by.

He then proceeded to thank the old lady in the office for helping him, bought her lunch and all kinds of shit. It kinda pissed me off because he knows damn well it was my idea in the first place.

Whats the deal with these guys refusing to listen to anyone but their own kind. This old fucker never listens to me I always have to tell the old lady co-worker to relay the info.

Let me know if these worthless stories are too long or if I need to make them longer.

mrsmaalox
08-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Just curious B2B, what age do you consider "old"? :)

BacktoBasics
08-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Old is over 50. Really old is over 60. Extremely old is over 70. Crypt Keeper status over 80.

I don't have a problem with old people. I've layed the pipe to a few "Silver Cats" in my day. I just don't understand why they refuse to be logical with the younger crowd.

marini martini
08-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Now, this is a good story! Funny, but true. I love freaking out youngsters, with my knowledge & experience. But damn, those old silver cats are some tuff nuts to crack!:toast

Spuradicator
08-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Old people don't like to listen to younger people.

Did he end up hooking up with that old broad?

BacktoBasics
08-13-2008, 11:33 AM
No she's married. I don't see that happening but fuck you never know. Old folks bone too.

manufor3
08-13-2008, 11:39 AM
wow, that's funny, but true

I. Hustle
08-13-2008, 12:14 PM
I would walk by, laugh and say, you are gonna die soon

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-13-2008, 12:18 PM
I will never understand the need that old folks have to tell their life story to anyone who will listen. When we employed this old crazy racist bitch she'd find a reason to start rambling about her life at the drop of a fucking hat. Man, firing her felt sooooo good.

angel_luv
08-13-2008, 12:33 PM
I will never understand the need that old folks have to tell their life story to anyone who will listen.

Because for those people their only amusement is telling people about what they used to be able to do.

The elderly people I know are still active in hobbies and with their families; some are still happily working and harder than a lot of 20 somethings I know.
They are too busy talking to me about next week's plans to think about/ rehash what they did way back then.

E20
08-13-2008, 12:47 PM
I love:
Old people
babies
fat people

on the basis of that they are cute. They have a lot in common. I'm also fond of cute animals.

CubanMustGo
08-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Just remember, B2B, you'll be "old" too someday. And probably worse than the ones you grouse about today.

Hell, you already are.

BacktoBasics
08-13-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm well aware of how old I am and that I too will be crispy some day. I'm not going to be so naive that I'm deaf to reality though. Thats my real bitch. Its not all about the age but more of the attitude our older generation harbors against the younger crop.

I. Hustle
08-13-2008, 03:18 PM
ageist

I. Hustle
08-13-2008, 03:26 PM
http://www.ageconcern.org.uk/AgeConcern/Images/ageism.jpg

Oh, Gee!!
08-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Seems like a good portion of them have this inability to rationalize and listen to the younger folk.

Look no further than this:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=30

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=855074

johnsmith
08-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Because for those people their only amusement is telling people about what they used to be able to do.

The elderly people I know are still active in hobbies and with their families; some are still happily working and harder than a lot of 20 somethings I know.
They are too busy talking to me about next week's plans to think about/ rehash what they did way back then.

Angel luv's old people friends are better then your old people friends.

JackLalanne
08-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Old is over 50. Really old is over 60. Extremely old is over 70. Crypt Keeper status over 80.

I don't have a problem with old people. I've layed the pipe to a few "Silver Cats" in my day. I just don't understand why they refuse to be logical with the younger crowd.

My old ass can still whoop your whining little ass.

angel_luv
08-13-2008, 03:40 PM
My old ass can still whoop your whining little ass.

But can you keep from breaking a hip while doing it?

spurster
08-13-2008, 03:43 PM
:lol at B2B complaining about old people not taking his advice. Don't worry, it's just karma.

CosmicCowboy
08-13-2008, 05:44 PM
LOL

Now this is a funny thread. A young guy complaining that "old people" won't listen to good advise. A classic reversal of the stereotype.

B2B, it's not a "young" or "old" issue. Sometimes you just can't fix stupid no matter how good the advice is.

ggoose25
08-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Old people are inherently stubborn. And on top of that they don't realize it 99% of the time.

I try to cut them some slack, but its hard when they rely on their experience to be a good barometer of judgment when in actuality they are obviously being stupid.