PDA

View Full Version : Muhsin Muhammad: "Chicago is where receivers go to die."

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Muhammad: Chicago 'is where receivers go to die'
Wednesday August 13, 2008

Wide Receiver Muhsin Muhammad, who played for the Chicago Bears from 2005 until he re-joined the Carolina Panthers for a second go-around during the offseason, had some unflattering things to say about his former team's offense recently.

Apparently Muhammad told Sports Illustrated's Peter King that Chicago is "where receivers go to die."

Now that's certainly not a shocking revelation, but it probably didn't sit well with some of his former teammates, who will be coming to Carolina for a week-2 contest.

And it's also worth noting that, while there is some truth to what Muhammad says, if you throw out his monster contract year in 2004, which completely overshadows any of his previous seasons statistically, Moose really didn't fare much better in Carolina than he did in Chicago.

So I guess by his standards, Muhammad was dead for three years in Carolina. Came alive for one season (coincidently a contract year). And then went to Chicago (where they paid him big bucks to be their No. 1) where he did, in fact, die as he indicated all receivers do in the Windy City.

He has a point about Bears' receivers. Chicago is where many a receiver has crashed and burned. You could say that about quarterbacks as well.

But on the same token, I guess contract years are when Muhsin Muhammad comes to life.

http://football.about.com/b/2008/08/13/muhammad-chicago-is-where-receivers-go-to-die.htm

Spuradicator
08-13-2008, 05:59 PM
I had Mushin in fantasy his last year in Carolina...It was great.

Spur-Addict
08-13-2008, 06:00 PM
AHh ha ha haaaaa

jack sommerset
08-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Nice headline.I can only think of one good Bear reciever. Willie Gault and he was not that great. Good but not great.

Gino2882
08-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Chicago is not receiver friendly for a couple of reasons.

1) There quarterbacks have been well below average for years and years.

2) Its the windy city, it get colds and snowy and windy.

LocosPorJuana
08-14-2008, 12:40 PM
well, what can one expect from an organization that decides who will start at QB with a coin flip!! dios mio! But when they're defense is healthy, they're a joy to watch. Injuries suck.

Whisky Dog
08-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Why open your mouth now?