PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Fans!!

Logan
12-11-2003, 08:33 PM
Any Eagle fans here??

IS McNABB MVP MATERIAL?

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/AECBGGHGLOKP/120203-mcnabb-inside.jpg

December 11, 2003
By DAVID MURPHY

If Andy Reid were in charge of Most Valuable Player voting, this year's award would land fairly close to home.
Though he admitted his decision is biased, the Eagles head coach said that quarterback Donovan McNabb is his choice for MVP.

"I'm probably the wrong guy to ask that. I'm very partial to him because I think he is the MVP of the National Football League," said Reid. "I don't vote on that. He's done a heckuva job and if he continues I'm sure he'll be right there in the bidding for it."

McNabb has been on fire in recent weeks. Since the start of November, the quarterback has passed for over 240 yards in four of the Eagles' six wins. He has nine touchdowns in that span and just one interception.

QB Donovan McNabb
After a frustrating start to the season in which he was one of the worst-rated passers in the NFL, McNabb has played his way back into MVP voting. Right now, it's hard to imagine another player who has meant as much to his team's success as McNabb has.

McNabb is currently 17th in the league with a 77.2 quarterback rating. All but one of the quarterbacks rated higher than himself plays for a team with a running back and wide receiver ranked in the top 30 in yards gained.

McNabb plays for a team that has neither a running back nor a wide receiver ranked in the top 30 in rushing yards and receiving yards.

Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre is the only quarterback rated higher than McNabb that doesn't have a wide receiver in the top 30.

Favre, however, has the second-ranked running back in the league in Ahman Green.

"I think you look at the MVP as the guy who is most valuable to his team, a guy that when he is out there on the field he is making as many plays as possible despite people being on his back or talking bad about him and being able to overcome that," said McNabb. "But if you go by stats, there are a lot of guys with big numbers.

"I look at the MVP probably the same way as the BCS (Bowl Championship Series) - you never know what you are going to get."

Right now, the Eagles know what they are getting in McNabb.

"He's playing very well right now," said Reid. "It's a gradual process. It takes time and, heck, he's playing good football right now and I'd expect that to continue. He has such a confident grasp of the offense. You see that with the quarterback in this system, you see that happen.

"I always say Donovan would have been even more accelerated in the five-year plan if he wasn't hurt last year."

McNabb, meanwhile, is focused on the task at hand. He says he is looking forward to showcasing his skills on the national stage against Miami.

"I definitely love to play on Monday night," he said. "I think the whole week is rough on the body because you are anticipating it so much. That's why I think our movie bill seems to rise to the highest peak, but it's fun.

"It's a fun day because you go through meetings and conversate with players or meet with families and sit and watch movies or get some sleep. And when that times comes about when the lights are on and everyone is watching you want to bring your "A" game."

A few more "A" games from No. 5 might certainly warrant him consideration as the league's MVP.

"I think Donovan is doing more than anyone to help our team get there [to the Super Bowl]," said tight end Chad Lewis.

Logan
12-11-2003, 09:36 PM
Super Slump to Super Bowl for McNabb?

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/04/02/20031209131009990001

By ROB MAADDI, AP

PHILADELPHIA (Dec. 7) -- Donovan McNabb backed up a bold statement with another stellar performance.

McNabb threw for 248 yards and three touchdowns, helping the Philadelphia Eagles clinch a playoff spot with their eighth straight victory, 36-10 over the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday.

The Eagles (10-3), who have the best record in the NFC, can clinch their third straight division title with two more victories or one win and another loss by the Cowboys. Philadelphia hasn't lost since a 23-21 defeat in Dallas on Oct. 12.

Getty Images
Donovan McNabb and the Eagles are enjoying an eight-game winning streak.

The Cowboys (8-5) are 3-4 after a 5-1 start under Bill Parcells.

All along, McNabb has insisted the Eagles are the team to beat in the NFC East. Maybe they're the team to beat in the whole conference.

"We stayed confident, we stayed together and that's important,'' McNabb said.

Correll Buckhalter ran for 115 yards, including a 64-yard TD run in the fourth quarter that capped the scoring.

McNabb threw TD passes of 16 yards to Brian Westbrook, 5 yards to Duce Staley and 6 yards to L.J. Smith. He completed 19 of 35 passes and didn't throw an interception for the fifth time in the last six games.

After an 0-2 start, McNabb said the road to the NFC East title goes through Philadelphia. He didn't back off his comments after the Eagles fell to 2-3 with a loss to the Cowboys two months ago.

"Even though things were shaky, it was no time for panicking,'' McNabb said. "What you saw today was a team that wanted to defend its territory and move on.''

The worst-rated passer in the NFL through six games, McNabb has returned to his Pro Bowl form. He has thrown for 1,513 yards, nine TDs and only one interception in the last six games, and was the NFC's offensive player of the month in November.

The Cowboys stayed close early and were tied at 10 at halftime. But Quincy Carter threw a costly interception on the third play of the third quarter and the Eagles turned it into a touchdown.

"We stayed confident, we stayed together and that's important."
-Philly's Donovan McNabb

Sheldon Brown stepped in front of a pass to Terry Glenn and returned it 10 yards to the Dallas 27. Six plays later, Staley caught a shovel pass from McNabb and ran into the end zone for a 17-10 lead.

Parcells clearly was upset with his team's effort.

"I'm concerned about a lot of things right now,'' Parcells said. "It's pretty hard to have a full-blown crisis in your first year with a program. I don't know what I'm expecting. I expected more maybe.''

A bad snap by Matt Lehr sailed past Carter and out of the end zone for a safety, giving the Eagles a 19-10 lead late in the third quarter.

The Eagles put the game away on their ensuing possession, driving 68 yards to take a 26-10 lead. McNabb connected with Smith for a score one play after hitting James Thrash for a 20-yard gain to the Dallas 6.

"We always thought we were the best team, even if we weren't playing well,'' Smith said.

The Cowboys came out trying to run against Philadelphia's porous run defense. Troy Hambrick got the carry on the first seven plays, but Dallas had to abandon the running game once the Eagles opened a big lead.

Hambrick finished with 75 yards rushing, stopping the Eagles' four-game streak of allowing a 100-yard rusher. Carter was 15-of-24 for 93 yards and two interceptions.

"I made a mistake and it cost us,'' Carter said.

Carter executed a play fake perfectly and threw a 3-yard TD pass to Jeff Robinson to tie the game at 10 late in the second quarter. But the Cowboys never recovered after his interception in the third.

McNabb's 16-yard TD toss to Westbrook gave the Eagles a 10-3 lead in the second quarter. Westbrook caught a screen pass at the 25, broke one tackle and eluded three others for his 11th TD of the season (six rushing, three receiving, one punt return).

Notes: The Eagles' winning streak is their longest since winning eight straight in 1980, when they went to the Super Bowl for the only time in franchise history. ... Dallas has lost five straight in Philadelphia.

Bubba McBrewski
12-16-2003, 10:44 AM
That was a GOOD game last night! :smokin2

Logan
12-16-2003, 06:51 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/JOHDDHMGJCPD/PHI_MIA436_DH.jpg

Yes Bubba..it was!!

:)

Hook Dem
12-31-2003, 01:07 PM
Good game???? Give me a break. If they are as "bad" as you believe, then the score should have been 56-0. Mc Nabb will never win the main event. He needs to stick to selling soup.

SpursFanInAustin
01-21-2004, 05:28 PM
Eagles are *cough cough cough* CHOKERS!!!!

Logan
01-25-2004, 07:52 PM
Eagles are *cough cough cough* CHOKERS!!!!

Hurts me to say this..but you my friend are right!!

bigzak25
01-26-2004, 05:49 PM
not to kick'em when there down...but....your foot is that much closer...you know?!

rite of passage..... (http://www.extremeskins.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=banghaha&file=index)