USC 20

seems kind of high scoring for these D's

Thunder Dan
08-14-2008, 05:48 PM
seems kind of high scoring for these D's

expect the unexpected I guess--or overtime

IronMexican
08-14-2008, 06:58 PM
you shall be near my casa, the coliseum is in South LA, it's in a pretty ghetto area.

Brutalis
08-14-2008, 08:33 PM
I'll take USC at home.

Thunder Dan
08-14-2008, 09:19 PM
you shall be near my casa, the coliseum is in South LA, it's in a pretty ghetto area.

yeah I've never been to LA before- I'm staying in Vegas from Monday-Friday morning, and staying downtown Friday and Saturday. I heard the area around USC is alright for gamedays but other than that it isn't the greatest.

IronMexican
08-14-2008, 09:31 PM
yeah I've never been to LA before- I'm staying in Vegas from Monday-Friday morning, and staying downtown Friday and Saturday. I heard the area around USC is alright for gamedays but other than that it isn't the greatest.

yeah, gamedays are calmer, but still not so nice.

they need to get rid of those fried chicken places in front of of the Coliseum, that's what makes it look even worse.

and down town LA is pretty bad too. stay away from skid row.

Billy Cobham
08-18-2008, 10:56 AM
USC will destroy tOSU.

Thunder Dan
08-18-2008, 12:53 PM
USC will destroy tOSU.

yeah Ohio State doesn't stand a chance

SanAntonioBuckeye
08-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Whose going to replace Sanchez at QB? I'll go tOSU 24-17.

Thunder Dan
08-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Whose going to replace Sanchez at QB? I'll go tOSU 24-17.

USC is so good they don't need a QB

IronMexican
08-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Mustain. a transfer from i forgot, i think Arkansas.

Thunder Dan
08-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Mustain. a transfer from i forgot, i think Arkansas.

that football powerhouse Arkansas, I forgot about them

SanAntonioBuckeye
08-18-2008, 04:16 PM
I can't say anything wrong with the SEC until we beat them. I forgot SC just plugs in QB's and kicks butt.

Thunder Dan
08-18-2008, 04:24 PM
I can't say anything wrong with the SEC until we beat them. I forgot SC just plugs in QB's and kicks butt.

we never lost to Arkansas- so it's cool to talk shit about them.

IronMexican
08-18-2008, 04:56 PM
we never lost to Arkansas- so it's cool to talk shit about them.

but the LSU did, and who did LSU lose to?

Thunder Dan
08-18-2008, 05:15 PM
but the LSU did, and who did LSU lose to?

and Michigan beat Florida, so what

IronMexican
08-18-2008, 05:22 PM
and Michigan beat Florida, so what

lol, touche

Flintstones32
08-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Osu 21
Usc 17

johngateswhiteley
08-19-2008, 10:28 PM
luckeyes catch SC at the right time...but its not enough.

SC 27
LEs 16

Mr Dio
08-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Easy call here..........OSU in a rout.

tlongII
08-19-2008, 11:19 PM
You guys realize that Sanchez will play, don't you? He'll probably be ready for their opener against Virginia in fact.

IronMexican
08-20-2008, 12:20 AM
You guys realize that Sanchez will play, don't you? He'll probably be ready for their opener against Virginia in fact.

what's your team? the Ducks?

johngateswhiteley
08-20-2008, 01:10 AM

yep, and McKnight will fine as well. only reason i say the luckeyes are catching my boys at the right time is b/c the offense will need some games to find their way...but its in the Coliseum and our defense is nasty. SC wins...

IronMexican
08-20-2008, 01:19 AM
yep, and McKnight will fine as well. only reason i say the luckeyes are catching my boys at the right time is b/c the offense will need some games to find their way...but its in the Coliseum and our defense is nasty. SC wins...

A Trojan fan?:toast

johngateswhiteley
08-20-2008, 01:20 AM
A Trojan fan?:toast

lol, you haven't spent much time in this forum.

IronMexican
08-20-2008, 01:25 AM
judging by my post count, no.

johngateswhiteley
08-20-2008, 01:26 AM
Easy call here..........OSU in a rout.

dio and his ridiculous CFB takes finally emerge. how many times has SC been routed in the Coliseum since PC became coach? how many times has SC been routed total, since PC became coach?

...i'll save you the trouble. zero.

johngateswhiteley
08-20-2008, 01:31 AM
judging by my post count, no.

i would say KewlKat and myself are the biggest SC fans on this board...though, she hasn't been around much lately. i am a little too occupied with the olympics and tri nations to really get into CFB right now. plus, when those competitions are over CFB will just be starting...perfect.

Thunder Dan
08-20-2008, 07:03 AM

oh no! Mark Sanchez!

By the way, the Coliseum will be about 35% Buckeye fans

Mr Dio
08-20-2008, 10:56 PM
dio and his ridiculous CFB takes finally emerge. how many times has SC been routed in the Coliseum since PC became coach? how many times has SC been routed total, since PC became coach?

...i'll save you the trouble. zero.

:lol

So who is your team this weak janiegates?
A real USC fan WOULD NEVER, EVER, put another within a mile of the Trojans.

but janiegates claims the...and the....and the...and the...and the......
Talk about ridiculous...:lol

Be a man, get a team, stick with your team, then post. :owned

BTW, Buckeyes in a rout.
Sanchez, Lameheart, Palmy, Jesus, it don't matter who the QB will be.

Mr Dio
08-20-2008, 10:58 PM
oh no! Mark Sanchez!

By the way, the Coliseum will be about 35% Buckeye fans

I don't think CFB noobs who claim 12 teams as THEIR "team" :lol...............know how well the Bucks travel. It is on par with Hucker fans.

Hmmm, who is my team this wk....?????? :lol:lmao:rollin

johngateswhiteley
08-21-2008, 01:49 AM

So who is your team this weak janiegates?
A real USC fan WOULD NEVER, EVER, put another within a mile of the Trojans.

but janiegates claims the...and the....and the...and the...and the......
Talk about ridiculous...:lol

Be a man, get a team, stick with your team, then post. :owned

BTW, Buckeyes in a rout.
Sanchez, Lameheart, Palmy, Jesus, it don't matter who the QB will be.

pfft...b/c i really switch teams. get a life...or a new shtick.

Mr Dio
08-21-2008, 07:24 AM
pfft...b/c i really switch teams. get a life...or a new shtick.

:lmao
We all know you don't bandwagon around & that you claim one team as "your" team.......Which team is that again??? :lmao

Yeahhhh, suuurrrrrre..........

johngateswhiteley
08-22-2008, 01:54 AM
:lmao
We all know you don't bandwagon around & that you claim one team as "your" team.......Which team is that again??? :lmao

Yeahhhh, suuurrrrrre..........

...your jokes would be funnier if that had a hint of truth in them. let me help you.

1) bandwagon = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwagon_fan

nope

2) ever stated i wasn't a fan of A&M or SC?

nope

i don't understand the disconnect...? i know you're just trying to be funny, but its weak and i like making you look foolish. you can do better. make sense next time. lately i've suffered through some dismal A&M seasons while SC has been on top...even though A&M owns t.u. right now.

bostonguy
08-22-2008, 02:30 AM
...your jokes would be funnier if that had a hint of truth in them. let me help you.

1) bandwagon = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwagon_fan

nope

nope

i don't understand the disconnect...? i know you're just trying to be funny, but its weak and i like making you look foolish. you can do better. make sense next time. lately i've suffered through some dismal A&M seasons while SC has been on top...even though A&M owns t.u. right now.

USC hasnt been on top of anything since their 2005 national championship.

Mr Dio
08-22-2008, 10:58 AM

nope

Hahaha, I love having an idiot prove my point for me. Which you've done perfectly. :toast Common sense def isn't required of grad students I see. :lol

Soooo, which team is your team moron? :lol Are you an Aggie today or a Trojan? You would be a serious disgrace to either of those team's fine fan bases because you BANDWAGON & don't have "A" team.

Since you wear a skirt I guess you'll continue to skirt the question/issue.
Please, feel free to prove yourself an idiot again at anytime........................................... ....... Common sense my son, common sense..... :lmao

Blake
08-22-2008, 11:24 AM
how did A&M get mixed up in this thread?

Ohio St has talent for sure, but they run this archaic offense from 1943 that gets exposed when they play teams of equal talent. I see USC winning by at least a touchdown.

Thunder Dan
08-22-2008, 12:12 PM

Ohio St has talent for sure, but they run this archaic offense from 1943 that gets exposed when they play teams of equal talent. I see USC winning by at least a touchdown.

They are running a hurry up w/ 2 Qb's this year, and also running a Pistol- Pryor with Wells behind him and Brandon Saine as an H-back--- have fun stopping that.

What I mean by hurry up, they will call 3 plays Boeckman will run 2, then instead of running up to the line, he will run off the field and Pryor will run on. Denfenses have trouble enough adjusting to the hurry up, let alone one where you have a pocket passer and a fast runner switching on and off.

Ohio State has always had practices open to the media and local High School coaches- this year every practice has been closed, with the exception of the 2 events at the Stadium. Expect a new offense.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ab/Pistol_green.PNG

So instead of a TE, they will run a H-Back (Saine who runs his 40 under 4.3 seconds) and play 2 WR's on the line. By spreading the defense out, they will have to choose to either stop Wells, options, quick screens, normal passes or anything else. Have fun.

Blake
08-22-2008, 12:41 PM
They are running a hurry up w/ 2 Qb's this year, and also running a Pistol- Pryor with Wells behind him and Brandon Saine as an H-back--- have fun stopping that.

What I mean by hurry up, they will call 3 plays Boeckman will run 2, then instead of running up to the line, he will run off the field and Pryor will run on. Denfenses have trouble enough adjusting to the hurry up, let alone one where you have a pocket passer and a fast runner switching on and off.

Ohio State has always had practices open to the media and local High School coaches- this year every practice has been closed, with the exception of the 2 events at the Stadium. Expect a new offense.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ab/Pistol_green.PNG

So instead of a TE, they will run a H-Back (Saine who runs his 40 under 4.3 seconds) and play 2 WR's on the line. By spreading the defense out, they will have to choose to either stop Wells, options, quick screens, normal passes or anything else. Have fun.

I was exagerrating a bit. Regardless of some of the changes theyve made in their offense, it's still line up and smash the RB through.

Good luck trying to get a good passing rhythm running 2 QBs in and out.

Thunder Dan
08-22-2008, 12:45 PM
I was exagerrating a bit. Regardless of some of the changes theyve made in their offense, it's still line up and smash the RB through.

Good luck trying to get a good passing rhythm running 2 QBs in and out.

who needs passing rhythm when you have Chris Wells?

johngateswhiteley
08-22-2008, 07:56 PM
Hahaha, I love having an idiot prove my point for me. Which you've done perfectly. :toast Common sense def isn't required of grad students I see. :lol

Soooo, which team is your team moron? :lol Are you an Aggie today or a Trojan? You would be a serious disgrace to either of those team's fine fan bases because you BANDWAGON & don't have "A" team.

Please, feel free to prove yourself an idiot again at anytime........................................... ....... Common sense my son, common sense..... :lmao

two words for you...reading comprehension.

Mr Dio
08-22-2008, 11:28 PM

EXACTLY! :lmao
We have the world's biggest Trojan fan in JaneGates........:lol..............who claims the Ags as her fav team.............................................. ............................

Mr Dio
08-22-2008, 11:30 PM
........................Common sense def isn't required of grad students I see. :lol.............................................. .............

Hmmmm..........................................she skirted the question.......................................... .......................................again! :lmao

KewlKat00
08-26-2008, 01:41 AM
I'm going to this game

OSU 27
USC 20

i too will be at the game... but i'll be decked out in cardinal and gold.

let's go with... sc 23 osu 21.

johngateswhiteley
08-26-2008, 02:23 AM
i too will be at the game... but i'll be decked out in cardinal and gold.

let's go with... sc 23 osu 21.

hey hey! my girl. and you changed your avatar.

cecil collins
08-26-2008, 02:53 AM
Can't we just agree that both teams are the equally dominant in college football. How impressive it is to have this level of success in evading sanctions by the NCAA despite numerous, obvious recruiting, and booster infractions. I would give the nod to USC for also getting away with some good stuff in mens basketball. http://http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3390757

USC 31
OSU 29

johngateswhiteley
08-26-2008, 03:06 AM
Can't we just agree that both teams are the equally dominant in college football. How impressive it is to have this level of success in evading sanctions by the NCAA despite numerous, obvious recruiting, and booster infractions. I would give the nod to USC for also getting away with some good stuff in mens basketball. http://http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=3390757

USC 31
OSU 29

no, SC's run is better. good pick though.

redraiderinfiji
08-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Jane had to like SC bc the aggies where getting ass raped by red raiders the last 10 of 13 years!

let the ass raping of the aggies continue.....

but I see the trojans going down due to their quarterback, still unproven! Ohio State has a proven one!

OSU 34
USC 21

THE GAME IS WON BECAUSE OF INTERCEPTIONS - MARK SANCHEZ.....I THINK MUSTAIN WILL SEE PLAYING TIME SOMETIME DURING THE SEASON!

Harrell & Crabtree baby!

redraiderinfiji
08-26-2008, 08:25 AM
still love ya john, but you are a bandwagon!

redraiderinfiji
08-26-2008, 08:27 AM
One more thing......Jane......I remember when you were an insane Houston Oilers fan and hated the Cowboys. But when the Oilers left, you claimed the cowboys as your team and proclaimed them to always have been "YOUR TEAM". Oilers fans hated Cowboys fans in Texas!

BANDWAGON!

samikeyp
08-26-2008, 10:46 AM
17-14 Trojans

bostonguy
08-26-2008, 01:46 PM
I wish both teams could lose. OSU is in a shitty conference which resulted in 2 straight national championship asskickings and USC has been nothing but overrated preseason hype since their lone 2005 National title.

KewlKat00
08-26-2008, 03:35 PM
THE GAME IS WON BECAUSE OF INTERCEPTIONS - MARK SANCHEZ.....I THINK MUSTAIN WILL SEE PLAYING TIME SOMETIME DURING THE SEASON!

i actually wouldn't be shocked to see sanchez throw an interception or two. he has to figure out how to make the big plays without risking interceptions. but as of right now, aaron corp holds a slight advantage over mustain. but carroll said the competition will continue on a weekly basis.

johngateswhiteley
08-26-2008, 03:52 PM
One more thing......Jane......I remember when you were an insane Houston Oilers fan and hated the Cowboys. But when the Oilers left, you claimed the cowboys as your team and proclaimed them to always have been "YOUR TEAM". Oilers fans hated Cowboys fans in Texas!

BANDWAGON!

lol, OK.

Thunder Dan
08-26-2008, 04:18 PM
I wish both teams could lose. OSU is in a shitty conference which resulted in 2 straight national championship asskickings and USC has been nothing but overrated preseason hype since their lone 2005 National title.

Right. In 2006 they beat the #2 Michigan team, and the defending National Champs (Texas) in Austin. They deserved to be there in 2006 and took Florida lightly which explains why they were out partying all week leading up to that game.

Last year was a combination of the Big Ten sucking and other teams losing

johngateswhiteley
08-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Right. In 2006 they beat the #2 Michigan team, and the defending National Champs (Texas) in Austin. They deserved to be there in 2006 and took Florida lightly which explains why they were out partying all week leading up to that game.

Last year was a combination of the Big Ten sucking and other teams losing

michigan wasn't that good that year. see rose bowl...

leemajors
08-26-2008, 04:58 PM
greatness

johngateswhiteley
08-26-2008, 06:00 PM
greatness

or that.

Mr Dio
08-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Don't be suprised to see The Sweater put in TP & have the true frosh take it to the house. A backfield of Beanie & TP? OMG!
SC does have a good D however, the Bucks' D should be better this yr.

johngateswhiteley
08-29-2008, 12:01 AM
http://www.realclearsports.com/lists/top_10_college_programs/usc.html

leemajors
08-29-2008, 08:27 AM
greatness

johngateswhiteley
08-29-2008, 03:06 PM
when you're right you're right.

johngateswhiteley
08-30-2008, 06:23 PM
hmm...pretty sure i liked what i saw today. pissed away a couple TDs, but overall not bad. Kat?

IronMexican
08-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Joe McKnight > Weenie Wells

SanAntonioBuckeye
09-01-2008, 12:36 PM
SC has an extra week to practice for tOSU. I'll give them an slight edge at the moment.

SanAntonioBuckeye
09-01-2008, 12:40 PM

And your team is Boston College? What have they won? :lol

IronMexican
09-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Boston College hasn't done shit since beating Miami in '84

johngateswhiteley
09-01-2008, 01:12 PM

1) 6 BCS appearances (5-1)
2) 6 straight 11 win seasons (NCAA record)
3) 2 national titles
4) ownage of the SEC, Big 10, ACC & Big 12 ...and some crappy little program named notre dame

...if not for some stupid losses you might be able to throw another national title in there or two...but thats speculating.

bostonguy
09-07-2008, 07:58 PM
1) 6 BCS appearances (5-1)
2) 6 straight 11 win seasons (NCAA record)
3) 2 national titles
4) ownage of the SEC, Big 10, ACC & Big 12 ...and some crappy little program named notre dame

...if not for some stupid losses you might be able to throw another national title in there or two...but thats speculating.

1 national title in 05 vs OU. LSU won that won in 2004 so that one doesnt count despite the lovefest from the media etc. You shouldnt have lost to Cal if you wanted 2004 to count.

bostonguy
09-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Boston College hasn't done shit since beating Miami in '84

And USC has achieved as much as BC has in 06/07/08 as well. Neither won the National Championship!:toast

bostonguy
09-07-2008, 08:01 PM
And your team is Boston College? What have they won? :lol

They have won as much as Ohio State has won in 04/05/06/07/08...0 national championships!:toast

DMX7
09-07-2008, 09:11 PM
They have won as much as Ohio State has won in 04/05/06/07/08...0 national championships!:toast

LOL, if we list out each year your team has not won a championship it would seem longer too.

JamStone
09-07-2008, 09:49 PM
michigan wasn't that good that year. see rose bowl...

Agreed. Michigan was overrated two years ago.

And, USC wasn't that great last year. See the Stanford game.

johngateswhiteley
09-07-2008, 10:12 PM
1 national title in 05 vs OU. LSU won that won in 2004 so that one doesnt count despite the lovefest from the media etc. You shouldnt have lost to Cal if you wanted 2004 to count.

lol, you can be as ridiculous as you want...but it doesn't change anything. i'll side with the NCAA on this one, they might know a thing or 2 about records.

johngateswhiteley
09-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Agreed. Michigan was overrated two years ago.

And, USC wasn't that great last year. See the Stanford game.

blah, blah, blah...i'm sorry you're a michigan fan. the only team that can beat SC is themselves. thats evident the past 5 or so years.

any fan would love for their team to be as successful as SC's the past 5/6 years...don't hate.

samikeyp
09-07-2008, 10:16 PM
17-14 Trojans

I may have to revise that score. I know OSU will be better with Wells but with Wells not at 100% and SC having a week off to prepare?

Ouch.

samikeyp
09-07-2008, 10:17 PM
blah, blah, blah...i'm sorry you're a michigan fan. the only team that can beat SC is themselves. thats evident the past 5 or so years.

any fan would love for their team to be as successful as SC's the past 5/6 years...don't hate.

I would agree with that, although I do think Texas beat them fair and square. As far as SC's success, I would trade for that in a heartbeat.

johngateswhiteley
09-07-2008, 10:18 PM
I may have to revise that score. I know OSU will be better with Wells but with Wells not at 100% and SC having a week off to prepare?

Ouch.

i don't know why you only picked SC by 3 in the first place...who gives a shit if wells is in or out, he wont be the difference. and SC has had a bye for quite some time...you just noticed?

JamStone
09-07-2008, 10:20 PM

Last year, you were convinced USC was the best team in the country. They lost twice and got beat by Stanford. That left that contention unchanged, unwavering. It's ridiculous. USC's success the last few years has been great and the overwhelming majority of college programs would love to have that same success. That doesn't mean USC was the best last year. They weren't. And, you cannot admit it.

I know my Michigan program has been shitty the last few years, especially by their standards. And, I know they're in transition and will probably be extremely mediocre if not pretty bad this season. I can leave my bias aside.

You can't. USC wasn't the best team in the country last year. Shit, they weren't even the best team in their conference last year. Oregon was.

I'm not hating. But, you're self-fellating.

johngateswhiteley
09-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I would agree with that, although I do think Texas beat them fair and square. As far as SC's success, I would trade for that in a heartbeat.

at least you are honest. any fan would trade for it...

as for the prediction...you should change yours to 37-14.

samikeyp
09-07-2008, 10:22 PM
i don't know why you only picked SC by 3 in the first place...who gives a shit if wells is in or out, he wont be the difference. and SC has had a bye for quite some time...you just noticed?

Because both teams have good defenses and OSU has more experience on offense. But, much like preseason rankings...that meant nothing! :lol

johngateswhiteley
09-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Last year, you were convinced USC was the best team in the country. They lost twice and got beat by Stanford. That left that contention unchanged, unwavering. It's ridiculous. USC's success the last few years has been great and the overwhelming majority of college programs would love to have that same success. That doesn't mean USC was the best last year. They weren't. And, you cannot admit it.

I know my Michigan program has been shitty the last few years, especially by their standards. And, I know they're in transition and will probably be extremely mediocre if not pretty bad this season. I can leave my bias aside.

You can't. USC wasn't the best team in the country last year. Shit, they weren't even the best team in their conference last year. Oregon was.

I'm not hating. But, you're self-fellating.

SC was the best team in the nation last year...i think they were better than LSU and Georgia...shit LSU had 2 losses as well, so what. you can't always win the title...the best team doesn't always get a chance. the loss to oregon was on the road with our backup quarterback...and we had the lead in the 3rd quarter with a chance to win it at the end. that doesn't mean oregon was the best team in the conference.

however, they would have played for the national championship had Dixon not gotten hurt...a shame really.

and it isn't just the last few years...and ANY team would trade for their run. period.

bostonguy
09-07-2008, 10:30 PM
lol, you can be as ridiculous as you want...but it doesn't change anything. i'll side with the NCAA on this one, they might know a thing or 2 about records.

LSU won the title in 2004. USC wasnt in that game. Split titles dont mean shit. You only win the championship if you are actually playing in the championship game. :lmao:lmao You are biased towards your 2 ncaa teams so you defending it isnt exactly shocking. You also thought Lienart would be something in the NFL.

bostonguy
09-07-2008, 10:33 PM
SC was the best team in the nation last year...i think they were better than LSU and Georgia...shit LSU had 2 losses as well, so what. you can't always win the title...the best team doesn't always get a chance. the loss to oregon was on the road with our backup quarterback...and we had the lead in the 3rd quarter with a chance to win it at the end. that doesn't mean oregon was the best team in the conference.

however, they would have played for the national championship had Dixon not gotten hurt...a shame really.

and it isn't just the last few years...and ANY team would trade for their run. period.

IF USC was the best, they wouldn't have lost to Standford at home. If they were the best the year before, they wouldnt have lost to UCLA late in the year. If they were the best the year before, they wouldnt have watch Vince Young dethrone their asses in heartbreaking fashion.

johngateswhiteley
09-07-2008, 10:35 PM
LSU won the title in 2004. USC wasnt in that game. Split titles dont mean shit. You only win the championship if you are actually playing in the championship game. :lmao:lmao You are biased towards your 2 ncaa teams so you defending it isnt exactly shocking. You also thought Lienart would be something in the NFL.

its not worth arguing with you (there's nothing to argue), and we don't yet know if Leinart will be something or not...

and if our split title is worth nothing...then so is lsu's.

bostonguy
09-07-2008, 10:36 PM
its not worth arguing with you (there's nothing to argue), and we don't yet know if Leinart will be something or not...

and if our split title is worth nothing...then so is lsu's.

LSU actually played in the title game so it does mean something. USC didnt so it doesnt mean anything. Maybe if USC had beaten Cal that year, they wouldnt of been in that mess to begin with.

bostonguy
09-07-2008, 10:38 PM
its not worth arguing with you (there's nothing to argue)

:lmao:lmao:lmao

IronMexican
09-07-2008, 11:59 PM
#8 USC at #6 Auburn - W 23-0
#3 USC vs. #6 Washington State - W 43-16
Rose Bowl vs. #4 Michigan - W 28-14

#1 USC vs. #7 California - W 23-17
#1 USC vs. #15 Arizona State - W 45-7
National Championship vs. #2 Oklahoma - W 55-19

#1 USC at #24 Oregon - W 45-13
#1 USC at #14 Arizona State - W 38-28
#1 USC at #9 Notre Dame - W 34-31
#1 USC vs. #16 Fresno State - W 50-42
#1 USC vs. #11 UCLA - W 66-19
National Championship vs. #2 Texas - L 41-38

#4 USC vs. #19 Nebraska - W 28-10
#7 USC vs. #21 Oregon - W 35-10
#4 USC vs. #17 California - W 23-9
#3 USC vs. #6 Notre Dame - W 44-24
Rose Bowl vs. #3 Michigan - W 32-18

#1 USC at #14 Nebraska - W 49-31
#9 USC at #5 Oregon - L 24-17
#12 USC at #24 California - W 24-17
#11 USC at #7 Arizona State - W 44-24

-Have 5 BCS wins
-Appear in 6 consecutive BCS bowls
-Have 6 consecutive Pac-10 titles
-Be the first team to ever have 6 straight 11 win seasons
-Be ranked #1 for 33 straight weeks, a record

We're just as good as BC.

johngateswhiteley
09-08-2008, 03:14 PM
ahhh! can't wait for this game. always fun playing a high ranked opponent...a big 10 school to boot. love to annihilate a big 10 team again...we'll see.

Blake
09-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Ohio St loked outstanding this past Saturday. They really destroyed Ohio Institute of Career Point

IronMexican
09-11-2008, 02:45 PM
2 days away!!:downspin: Thunder, tell me how you like the experience of South Central LA

johngateswhiteley
09-12-2008, 01:44 PM
i think tressel is trying to pull the wool over our eyes....beanie plays me thinks.

JamStone
09-12-2008, 10:40 PM
ESPN had Tressel say Beanie Wells is out for tomorrow's game as of Friday night. Possible it changes tomorrow, but it looks like a slim chance.

Mr Dio
09-13-2008, 12:46 AM

Dude, you're trying to prove a point to BrokeBackGates.
That IDIOT has no common sense. :lol

She is constantly made to look like an IDIOT on this board & then she runs & hides til she grows a pair again. Trust me, I know from experience because I've embarassed her so many times.

Mr Dio
09-13-2008, 12:50 AM
2 days away!!:downspin: Thunder, tell me how you like the experience of South Central LA

IM, dude, any chance I can get you to swing by King Taco & Next Day ship me about 12 Puro Carne Asadas con guacamole/cilantro/cebolla?

IronMexican
09-13-2008, 12:54 AM
King Taco is like east los.

Mr Dio
09-13-2008, 08:58 AM
King Taco is like east los.

Yessir.
The one on 3rd in East Los & the one on Rosemead in Pico Rivera take me for for like a C note everytime I'm in LA because I go every single day. Damn good stuff.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-13-2008, 05:57 PM
If I was forced to put $$ on this game, then I'd take OSU in a heartbeat. Any line that moves that much in a short period of time makes me bet with the house.

This was a 3 point line a few weeks ago and now it's between 11 and 13. Too many people think it's free money.

IronMexican
09-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Gametime!!!!!

IronMexican
09-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Sloppy start

IronMexican
09-13-2008, 07:36 PM
we're looking ugly.

IronMexican
09-13-2008, 07:45 PM
We need to get the stable in the game. that's what sets up Mark.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
09-13-2008, 07:47 PM
OSU getting the game they want so far.

OSU 11 minutes

USC 55 seconds

IronMexican
09-13-2008, 07:50 PM
The stable!:downspin:

IronMexican
09-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Td!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

IronMexican
09-13-2008, 07:54 PM
And yes ladies and gents, he's a fullback.

IronMexican
09-13-2008, 08:03 PM
I wonder if SC could give the Raiders a ride for their money.

IceColdBrewski
09-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Put 50 on USC and gave the 12-1/2 just to make the game more intersting to watch. Damn Trojans need to step it up.

IronMexican
09-13-2008, 08:08 PM
This is what I was expecting. Kinda like the Oklahoma game, they strike first, but we will dominate the rest.

BRHornet45
09-13-2008, 08:15 PM
sons I guarantee you that the most overrated college football program of ALL TIME Ohio State will lose this game by at least 21 points. ANYTIME that Ohio State has to play a half ass decent team they get stomped into the ground, then ESPN makes excuses for them. Ohio State = 0-9 vs SEC teams and now USC is about to hand them a good beat down. what a joke that program is.

IronMexican
09-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Stuffed!

IronMexican
09-13-2008, 08:19 PM
weak tackling

IronMexican
09-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Sons, SC has this. Let's hope the Raiders, and Dodgers make my weekend. specifically the Raiders, cause if we don't win tomorrow, it could take a while.

BRHornet45
09-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Sons, SC has this. Let's hope the Raiders, and Dodgers make my weekend. specifically the Raiders, cause if we don't win tomorrow, it could take a while.

son it must be nice to pull for a team in the NL West. All you have to do is finish a few games under .500 to win the division! lol lol lol

IronMexican
09-13-2008, 08:33 PM
damn, Boeckman is getting torn up.

IronMexican
09-13-2008, 08:35 PM
jesus, we're beasts!

BRHornet45
09-13-2008, 08:59 PM
absolutely no competition as expected. why do so many people continue to buy into the media hype behind Ohio State? the ESPN head quarters are currently in a frenzy trying to come up with excuses for this beat down.

tlongII
09-13-2008, 09:44 PM
It's getting ugly...

Biggems
09-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Its official....Beanie Wells is the entire tOSU offense........without him they absolutely suck.

Biggems
09-13-2008, 09:49 PM
LSU, Oklahoma, and Alabama are the only 3 teams who I think can hang with USC. PSU has a small chance.

IronMexican
09-13-2008, 09:55 PM
I am beginning to feel bad for Boeckman. He is getting killed back there. reminding me of Brennan vs UGA.

IronMexican
09-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Thunder! we're waiting for you.:toast

Holmes_Fans
09-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Its official....Beanie Wells is the entire tOSU offense........without him they absolutely suck.
Chris Wells = product of ESPN hype machine

Brutalis
09-14-2008, 12:07 AM
I saw USC play but I swear OSU wasn't.

Biggems
09-14-2008, 12:16 AM

hey im not saying he is all that...i am saying he is their entire offense and without him, they are a big pile of donkey doo

IronMexican
09-14-2008, 12:17 AM
USC could have easily won 50-3.

Biggems
09-14-2008, 12:18 AM
I saw USC play but I swear OSU wasn't.

hey there Brut......did you finish thanking Ike for sparing your Hogs momentarily from a butt whoopin......just messin with ya....HEHEHEHE

BTW, the weather in Austin was great, they shouldn't have cancelled the game.....but I understand why they did. besides, I am sure the momentum from Ike carried bad weather into Arkansas......better to keep the students safe on campus.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-14-2008, 12:29 AM
B10+1... overrated yet again.

TheMACHINE
09-14-2008, 01:00 AM
just got back from the game. This week was a blast.

USC blow out!
UCLA got blown out!
and my ANGELS clinched #1!

carry on

JamStone
09-14-2008, 01:02 AM

That happens a lot with any "best" player on a winning team. Look at Tyler Hansbrough. That's what ESPN does. It is a hype machine.

Heck, they did it for Matt Leinart too. And, right now, Matt Winer might be a better QB than Matt Leinart.

IronMexican
09-14-2008, 01:06 AM
just got back from the game. This week was a blast.

USC blow out!
UCLA got blown out!
and my ANGELS clinched #1!

carry on

Gaylo fan? ewww.

tlongII
09-14-2008, 03:44 AM
I'm willing to bet that USC won't have it so easy in their next game...

bostonguy
09-14-2008, 04:42 AM
:lmao:lmao Ohio State=overrated. I agreed with those chants by the USC fans tonight.

Lakers_55
09-14-2008, 07:07 AM
I just found this thread. I can't play the "I told you so" game here, but what I have been saying for years is finally getting the deserved attention it merits, the announcers last night even mentioned it.

Fact is, the Big 10 is extremely overated. It has been for over 30 years. They used to be the best conference in the nation, but they still recruit locally heavily. Best football prep talent in the country comes from California, Texas, and Florida. I don't know what order. The rest of the south is gaining ground as their populations grow. The reason why the SEC is the best conference is they fill their teams with the homegrown talent. Now, I am not saying the Big 10 doesn't get some of these players, but it isn't enough to compensate for their lack of local prep quality in quantity.

I got in a big argument with my niece's husband (who is from Ohio) last month about this and he was totally oblivious to the facts I point out above. I thnk he realizes now, all those returning starters means nothing if they aren't as good as the opposition.

Pressure is on USC to win out, they seem to find ways not to win the easy ones. OSU could win out as well with their soft schedule. If no other undefeated team exists come fnal BCS poll, I hope they get a clue and don't put OSU in for another embarrasment.

Hey, I am not saying the Big 10 will never produce a national champion again but clearly the nation is becoming aware they ain't what they are are made out to be. People get old, people resettle other turf. Good football talent left the Big 10 ages ago and now plays in the Sunshine.

I don't have anything against the Big 10. I am not a hater, I am a realist.

IronMexican
09-14-2008, 09:40 AM
I just found this thread. I can't play the "I told you so" game here, but what I have been saying for years is finally getting the deserved attention it merits, the announcers last night even mentioned it.

Fact is, the Big 10 is extremely overated. It has been for over 30 years. They used to be the best conference in the nation, but they still recruit locally heavily. Best football prep talent in the country comes from California, Texas, and Florida. I don't know what order. The rest of the south is gaining ground as their populations grow. The reason why the SEC is the best conference is they fill their teams with the homegrown talent. Now, I am not saying the Big 10 doesn't get some of these players, but it isn't enough to compensate for their lack of local prep quality in quantity.

I got in a big argument with my niece's husband (who is from Ohio) last month about this and he was totally oblivious to the facts I point out above. I thnk he realizes now, all those returning starters means nothing if they aren't as good as the opposition.

Pressure is on USC to win out, they seem to find ways not to win the easy ones. OSU could win out as well with their soft schedule. If no other undefeated team exists come fnal BCS poll, I hope they get a clue and don't put OSU in for another embarrasment.

Hey, I am not saying the Big 10 will never produce a national champion again but clearly the nation is becoming aware they ain't what they are are made out to be. People get old, people resettle other turf. Good football talent left the Big 10 ages ago and now plays in the Sunshine.

I don't have anything against the Big 10. I am not a hater, I am a realist.

look at this hater. jk.

I agree on all counts. This years OSU reminds me of last years Michigan team. You hear the number of returning seniors and think they are good, but no. They didn't deserve to be in the top 15 to begin with.

JamStone
09-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Big Ten is definitely overrated, especially in recent years. Saying it's been "30 years" that they've been overrated is a bit much.

And, yes, USC is a dominant college football program. Great history, great coach, and Los Angeles recruits well. And, it never hurts to be a little pocket friendly (of course they're not the only ones), but who wouldn't want to go to the University of Sweet Cash?

JamStone
09-14-2008, 09:42 AM
This years OSU reminds me of last years Michigan team. You hear the number of returning seniors and think they are good, but no. They didn't deserve to be in the top 15 to begin with.

Michigan beat Florida.

IronMexican
09-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Michigan beat Florida.

Let me rephrase. I meant to say a title contender.

JamStone
09-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Well, based on the previous year, they did belong in the "top 15" last year. Michigan's offense last year was great but suffered several injuries to key players throughout the season, Hart and Henne particularly. Didn't expect such a drop off on defense, in which they got shredded week after week by mobile QBs. But, based on the players they did have coming back, yeah, they deserved to be a top 15 school to begin with last season. Last year looked bad for one reason, and one reason only, the Appalachian State debacle. Besides that, Oregon was a great team last year, and Michigan's other two losses were against Wisconsin without Hart and Henne and Ohio State with an injured Hart and Henne. USC knows what can happen when one of their key guys go down as they saw against Stanford. Now take both the starting QB and starting RB out, who both ended up being career leaders in school history at rushing and passing, and a team is going to struggle. Michigan might not have been a title contender last year, especially with that defense, but to say they didn't belong in the top 15 to begin with is ridiculous.

samikeyp
09-14-2008, 09:59 AM
I think SC just scored again. :)

Damn that was impressive. I thought the Buckeyes D would put up a better fight but speed indeed kills.

Hey, I am not saying the Big 10 will never produce a national champion again but clearly the nation is becoming aware they ain't what they are are made out to be. People get old, people resettle other turf. Good football talent left the Big 10 ages ago and now plays in the Sunshine

I would agree with that. As an outsider now living in Big 10 country I have noticed a few things...

A. You people can't count...there are 11 teams in your conference. :lol
B. Many people here still hold on to the pre-BCS Big 10 mindset....Its all about the Rose Bowl. They don't care about anything else.."we've got to get back to Pasadena" "We haven't been to the Rose Bowl since (insert year here) "we are going to win and get back to the Rose Bowl."

That thinking combined with better TV exposure and weather in other conferences....the talent in Big 10 country is going elsewhere. Case in point Ronald Johnson from Michigan, kid was one of the highest ranked WR's in the nation last year. MSU and U-M made dozens of trips to see him....Pete Carroll makes one trip, the kid is now at SC. There is still tons of talent in the midwest, too bad its not staying there.

sorry, can't show the rest of the pics here, she gets quite naked..

got link? :D

Lakers_55
09-14-2008, 12:07 PM
got link? :D

check your PM, you dirty old man, lol

Big Ten is definitely overrated, especially in recent years. Saying it's been "30 years" that they've been overrated is a bit much.

Well, it's my opinion. Look at the early pairings and results in the Rose Bowl when the Big 10 was the best. In the 70's it turned heavily in favor of the Pac 10. I remember two consecutive years a superhyped Big 10 team got clobbered in the Rose Bowl.
1976: UCLA over Ohio State. OSU was number 1, a huge favorite, had repeat Heisman Trophy winner Archie Griffin playing as a senior, and UCLA was not all that good, or were they? Well, the Bruins took them down.
1977: USC over Michigan. Michigan was a huge favorite, coming off an 18-0 thrashing over OSU in Columbus. I think they were number 1. USC was pretty pathetic that year but beat them 14-6. I was at that game. I seem to remember it could have been more, but the Trojans had a lousy field goal kicker.

This is also the time of my early adulthood, when I used to gamble on sports. It was during this era I learned of the "East Coast press bias" and how it favored the Big 10. It still exists today. It won't forever though. If you gamble, you can use bias in your favor, especially when you bet against local teams. Example: in the 1980 SuperBowl the Rams were 13.5 point underdogs against the Steelers if you bet in Pittsburgh, and 9.5 down if you bet in LA. Final score was 31-19. Where you lived and how you bet made the difference. Also, it depended on how reliable your bookie was.

Mr Dio
09-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Congrats on the big win True SC fans! :toast
Wish it would've been healthy team on healthy team & no controversy whatsoever but that was a HUGE win.

This is going to be a really interesting yr.

BTW, this congrats is meant for TRUE SC fans only.
Morons who jump on bandwagons & claim SC & any other team need not answer. Unless you're admitting to being a cheerleader & not a TRUE SC fan.

tlongII
09-14-2008, 02:52 PM
SC will have their hands full a week from Thursday. They will be walking into a snake pit.

mytespurs
09-14-2008, 04:44 PM
SC will have their hands full a week from Thursday. They will be walking into a snake pit.

Who are they playing? USC looks like the #1 team in the country; I'd find it difficult not to believe they can possibly go undefeated and play for the national championship.

But USC has a tendency to stumble against lesser Pac-10 opponents...remember the Stanford loss last year??? :hat

samikeyp
09-14-2008, 09:38 PM
check your PM, you dirty old man, lol

I knew I liked you for a reason! :tu

djohn14
09-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Mizzou!

baseline bum
09-14-2008, 10:29 PM
I hate the state of Ohio so much I was going for the bitch-ass Trojans in this one.

Condemned 2 HelLA
09-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Gaylo fan? ewww.

Angels>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Codgers.

johngateswhiteley
09-15-2008, 05:34 AM
greatness.

johngateswhiteley
09-15-2008, 05:34 AM

shut up.

MajorMike
09-15-2008, 08:29 AM
This is also the time of my early adulthood, when I used to gamble on sports. It was during this era I learned of the "East Coast press bias" and how it favored the Big 10. It still exists today. It won't forever though. If you gamble, you can use bias in your favor, especially when you bet against local teams. Example: in the 1980 SuperBowl the Rams were 13.5 point underdogs against the Steelers if you bet in Pittsburgh, and 9.5 down if you bet in LA. Final score was 31-19. Where you lived and how you bet made the difference. Also, it depended on how reliable your bookie was.

I read an article this weekend on SI or E$PN (can't remember) that said 75% of the voters in the AP poll were in B10 and BEast states.

tlongII
09-15-2008, 10:52 AM
shut up.

Oh it's true. It's damn true.

Lakers_55
09-15-2008, 06:01 PM
I read an article this weekend on SI or E$PN (can't remember) that said 75% of the voters in the AP poll were in B10 and BEast states.

thanks for posting that. when those guys die off they should be replaced with writers from the south and the west, which is indicative of where the population and the talent lives.

JamStone
09-15-2008, 06:11 PM
I read somewhere that 97.5% of college football analysts had USC beating Stanford last year.

Stop crying about the fucking rankings. If USC had beaten Stanford last year, they would have played for the NT.

johngateswhiteley
09-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Oh it's true. It's damn true.

if SC wants to drop 70 on osu, they will...and there isn't a damn thing the beavers can do about it.

Thunder Dan
09-16-2008, 02:41 PM
We got our asses kicked- our O-Line sucks ass. It's not Boeckman or whoever, it's our line, and has been the last 3 big games we were in. I had a goodtime though, and I won $500 in Vegas so I guess the whole trip turned out alright. I will say that the drive from Vegas to LA sucks ass and get boring after about 3 minutes. Also, LA is a nice place, but the smog driving into it was pretty nasty. I saw a Bugatti too, and Greg Oden. I also saw AC Slater at the Palms Sunday- which who I am taller than, so I got that going for me.

IronMexican
09-16-2008, 02:55 PM
We got our asses kicked- our O-Line sucks ass. It's not Boeckman or whoever, it's our line, and has been the last 3 big games we were in. I had a goodtime though, and I won $500 in Vegas so I guess the whole trip turned out alright. I will say that the drive from Vegas to LA sucks ass and get boring after about 3 minutes. Also, LA is a nice place, but the smog driving into it was pretty nasty. I saw a Bugatti too, and Greg Oden. I also saw AC Slater at the Palms Sunday- which who I am taller than, so I got that going for me.

You only went to the nice areas. Places I've never even been to.