PDA

View Full Version : Big Al has a new toy.

IceColdBrewski
08-14-2008, 11:57 PM
http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/gore-hits-the-waves-with-a-massive-new-houseboat/2/

Former Vice President Al Gore, the Nobel-winning self-proclaimed global prophet of green, has made a lot of money from the so-called “crisis” of global warming. He has profited from best-selling books that tout the looming climatic catastrophe, won an Academy Award for a movie about his slideshow presentation that focuses on his “sky is falling” message about a world on the brink of environmental disaster.

His business interests have been focused on the profit side of the equation when it comes to “global warming,” creating a “carbon credits” program that has put millions of dollars into the pockets of Gore and his environmental cronies. There are also financial interests benefiting from the sudden shift to the ‘environmentally friendly’ light bulbs that he has trumpeted so loudly: his friends at General Electric stand to make big money from the congressionally mandated demand for their new light bulbs.

There is no question that the alarmism and doomsday scenarios spread by Al Gore have been very, very beneficial to him personally and professionally.

But the question persists as to whether he actually buys into what he is selling. His own behavior clearly indicates that he doesn’t believe we are at a “tipping point” of worldwide environmental destruction. While he preaches that the rest of us must dramatically change our lifestyles and lower our standards of living to “save the planet” he lives by another set of rules himself.

It happens in the air, where he jets about in private planes that consume massive amounts of energy to spread his message of “conservation.”

His hypocrisy is revealed on land, where he travels in fleets of limos and SUVs to deliver speeches about the dire consequences of ignoring “man-made global warming” — and leaves the cars running throughout his entire speech in order to ensure that they will be nice and cool when he exits the building and returns to his gas-guzzling vehicles.

His supposedly “green” mansion consumes electricity that dwarfs the consumption of the typical family home.

And now, in order to complete his hypocrisy trifecta, Al Gore may now be extending his excessive consumption to the water as well. In an amazing display of conspicuous consumption, even for Al Gore, his new 100-foot houseboat that docks at the Hurricane Marina in Smithville, Tennessee is creating a critical buzz among many of his former congressional constituents. Dubbed “Bio-Solar One,” which may reflect some latent Air Force One envy, Gore has proudly strutted the small-town dock claiming that his monstrous houseboat is environmentally friendly. (Only Al Gore would name his boat B.S. One and not get the joke. Or perhaps the joke is on us?)

You'd think he would've bought a sailboat so as to not invite criticism, but i guess when your jetsetting around the world to save humanity from flatulence, you're just too important to the future of the earth to worry about such details.

ChumpDumper
08-15-2008, 12:04 AM
When did he proclaim himself the global prophet of green? Is there a quote?

Nbadan
08-15-2008, 12:32 AM
So, Global warming is bogus because Gore bought a boat - nice reach of logic

Anti.Hero
08-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Guys, we should all be focusing on the real problems we face in this once great nation.

Like WTF are we going to do about this limo shortage in Denver!?!?!

Fucking Hypocrites.

Cry Havoc
08-15-2008, 12:49 AM
So, Global warming is bogus because Gore bought a boat - nice reach of logic

I think this article is critical of the man himself rather than the views he claims to espouse.

He is a hypocrite, and as bad as Bush is, I'm glad we've never had Gore for a President. He isn't just two-faced, he's obstinately and openly two-faced, and doesn't care. If one of those limos just happened to explode tomorrow while he was climbing into one, I'd be happy we wouldn't ever have to hear about him again.

Nbadan
08-15-2008, 12:59 AM
Think of it this way...if Gore had been elected and was wrong, what would it have costs us?
A few billion dollars and a cleaner environment? Instead, you prefer the Bush years and a dirty environment, billion dollar deficits, war without end, the 9/11 terra attacks, the loathing of the majority of the world, and your and mine Social Security money going out by the boatloads to Bush cronies?

IceColdBrewski
08-15-2008, 01:02 AM
So, Global warming is bogus because Gore bought a boat

Yeah, that's exactly what I said dan. :rolleyes

Whether or not I believe in global warming has nothing to do with why I posted this. It's his "do as I say, not as I do" attitude that I have a problem with.

What's wrong Dan? You mad because your global warming hero isn't walking the walk?

Nbadan
08-15-2008, 01:05 AM
....no, but you seem to think that just because Gore has money and buys himself a boat, a green boat mind yo,u that makes him a hypocrite on Global warming? What do you expect? for him to live his life as a pauper?

Cry Havoc
08-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Think of it this way...if Gore had been elected and was wrong, what would it have costs us?
A few billion dollars and a cleaner environment? Instead, you prefer the Bush years and a dirty environment, billion dollar deficits, war without end, the 9/11 terra attacks, the loathing of the majority of the world, and your and mine Social Security money going out by the boatloads to Bush cronies?

This is way more than just "a boat". It's a question of his character. Can you not see that? This is a man who does the exact opposite of what he says. Would you want to see someone like that in the White House? And spare me the lowly Bush retorts, as that is tired.

I should also bring up the fact that Gore didn't really come to the forefront of environmental awareness until after he lost the race. He did anything and everything he could to stay in the spotlight. He obviously holds no value for the environment with the way he behaves, for him it was merely a medium through which he could attain fame as a kind of celebrity cum politician. It is readily apparent to me that Gore cares far less about the environment than he does appearing in as many headlines as possible.

To put it succinctly, I have absolutely zero confidence that someone as self-centered and fame-hungry as Mr. Gore would have made a better president than GWB.

I'll take Barrack OR McCain over both of them.

Tully365
08-15-2008, 02:07 PM
It's strange that Teddy Roosevelt started the national parks system and Nixon formed the EPA, but nowadays so many Republicans become incensed at the mere mention of any topic involving the environment. It has become such a knee-jerk reaction that the line is now set that declares almost any mention of the environment as an auto-response to call someone a tree-hugging extremist. Nixon's EPA plan would make him a bleeding heart liberal by todays standards... Nixon.

I don't think the debate should be about whether or not global warming exists. That's a huge scale argument that will never get settled. It should be a simpler and more fundamental question: do you want the air, land, and water to be cleaner and healthier, or are you OK with it becoming more polluted and less healthy? But it seems like the priorities of the land being God's creation, the health and safety of innocent children, and the John Waynesque adoration of the pure great outdoors-- all great sentiments of the Right-- are rarely strong enough to battle the simpler motive of monetary profits.

Wild Cobra
08-15-2008, 02:27 PM
It's strange that Teddy Roosevelt started the national parks system and Nixon formed the EPA, but nowadays so many Republicans become incensed at the mere mention of any topic involving the environment. It has become such a knee-jerk reaction that the line is now set that declares almost any mention of the environment as an auto-response to call someone a tree-hugging extremist. Nixon's EPA plan would make him a bleeding heart liberal by todays standards... Nixon.

You don't have a clue, do you?

Clean air and CO2 emmissions are two different things. We have required such clean standards, i don't think anyone else in the world does as much as we do with the same pollution sources.

I don't think the debate should be about whether or not global warming exists. That's a huge scale argument that will never get settled. It should be a simpler and more fundamental question: do you want the air, land, and water to be cleaner and healthier, or are you OK with it becoming more polluted and less healthy? But it seems like the priorities of the land being God's creation, the health and safety of innocent children, and the John Waynesque adoration of the pure great outdoors-- all great sentiments of the Right-- are rarely strong enough to battle the simpler motive of monetary profits.
Who is saying republicans don't? That's a lie from the left to say republicans don't care. I see you buy their lies.

xrayzebra
08-15-2008, 02:37 PM
When did he proclaim himself the global prophet of green? Is there a quote?

Nobel prize didn't do it for you? Or the Academy award for his bogus
movie.

Tully365
08-15-2008, 02:59 PM
You don't have a clue, do you?

Clean air and CO2 emmissions are two different things. We have required such clean standards, i don't think anyone else in the world does as much as we do with the same pollution sources.

Who is saying republicans don't? That's a lie from the left to say republicans don't care. I see you buy their lies.

You're right, it's not all Republicans... It's just that I think I've seen the issue in the last ten years become more and more polarized and radicalized, which is definitely not a trend limited to either side of the American political spectrum.
There are unquestionably environmental radicals that I think are nuts-- Earth First types who are violent, etc... but what I'm saying here is that there seems to be a growing segment of our population for whom the mere mention of the word "environment" is offensive. And that's what disturbs me.

Wild Cobra
08-15-2008, 03:05 PM
There are unquestionably environmental radicals that I think are nuts-- Earth First types who are violent, etc... but what I'm saying here is that there seems to be a growing segment of our population for whom the mere mention of the word "environment" is offensive. And that's what disturbs me.

It's not that conservative people are anti-envoronment. It's that just about evertime the word "enviroment" is used, it is being lied about. It always sends red flags up for me. I usually find the word being used by the lunie left about some agenda. Not anything of real impact.

T Park
08-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Im wondering if hes fixed his house.

Wasn't that house using like a SHIT load of power?

GaryJohnston
08-15-2008, 10:29 PM

:lmao @ you thinking 9/11 wouldn't of happend if that two-faced Gore was president

Go back to getting high and fucking a tree you douchebag.

GaryJohnston
08-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Al Gore's 'Inconvenient Truth'? -- A $30,000 Utility Bill
Think Tank Blasts Gore for Hypocrisy, Defenders Call Report a Last Gasp from Warming Skeptics
By JAKE TAPPER

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/GlobalWarming/Story?id=2906888&page=2

Back home in Tennessee, safely ensconced in his suburban Nashville home, Vice President Al Gore is no doubt basking in the Oscar awarded to "An Inconvenient Truth," the documentary he inspired and in which he starred. But a local free-market think tank is trying to make that very home emblematic of what it deems Gore's environmental hypocrisy.

Armed with Gore's utility bills for the last two years, the Tennessee Center for Policy Research charged Monday that the gas and electric bills for the former vice president's 20-room home and pool house devoured nearly 221,000 kilowatt-hours in 2006, more than 20 times the national average of 10,656 kilowatt-hours.

"If this were any other person with $30,000-a-year in utility bills, I wouldn't care," says the Center's 27-year-old president, Drew Johnson. "But he tells other people how to live and he's not following his own rules."

Yeah, Gore really "cares"

Anti.Hero
08-16-2008, 03:04 PM
When are you dingleberries going to realize the government is only using global warming to gain more control over you. They don't give a fuck about the environment.

So simple to see.