PDA

View Full Version : I must have been asleep for sure...

sook
08-15-2008, 12:24 AM
It seems that through out this off season a snake has slithered itself to what could be the top next yr. Of course I am talking about the clippers. Anyone that thinks that they won't be a playoff contender needs to bite themselves in the ass. Basically they signed all the best players in the FA to assemble...

B. Davis
Kaman
Camby
Mobley
Ricky Davis
Shawn LIvingston
Smush Parker
Jason Williams
Steve Novak ( incredible incredible shooter, if the clipps can use him or fit him in despite his crappy defense they will be to reckon with...)

+ Lottery picks

IDC what you say but Kaman looked freaking beastly before he got injured, developed some really nice post moves, they might have some better players too i might not have mentioned them.

IMHO they will be tough for any team Davis is one of the biggest difference makers in the league.

I think they may get thissss...its a stretch though :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

timtonymanu
08-15-2008, 12:29 AM
replace maggette with camby.

sook
08-15-2008, 12:30 AM
replace maggette with camby.

Got the 2 mixed up thanks bud.

JamStone
08-15-2008, 12:34 AM
They aren't bringing Shaun Livingston back. That's why they signed Jason Williams and traded for Jason Hart. They won't be bringing Smush Parker back either. They drafted Eric Gordon and signed Ricky Davis and gave Mike Taylor a guaranteed contract.

They did sign Brian Skinner though.

mrspurs
08-15-2008, 07:42 AM
this thread made me smile, thanks......but you surely cant be serious, with that roster, heck its worse then the spurs roster times 2......i aint saying it cos im being mean, just being honest. half of those players never stand for a whole season. shouldnt there be at least one allstar on an nba championship team? and i mean legit allstar not one of those,(barely made it one yr.)

Red Hawk #21
08-15-2008, 11:51 AM
I think the Clippers can be a very good team this season, they need their main guys to be healthy though

T Park
08-15-2008, 11:59 AM
the clippers are going to be interesting to watch I think they need more scoring though their wings are bad and Gordon will be a bust

sribb43
08-15-2008, 12:38 PM
too many spare parts on that team...will contend for last playoff spot, make it, no.

B Diddy is due to get injured since he already got his contract and we all know Camby is capable of missing time. J-Will has got bad knees and cant play back to backs

Red Hawk #21
08-15-2008, 12:39 PM
the clippers are going to be interesting to watch I think they need more scoring though their wings are bad and Gordon will be a bust

What makes you think Gordon will be a bust? He looked very agressive in the summer league, and Ive heard that he has a great work ethic.

tomtom
08-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Thornton is sure to shine this year. He's been slowly proving himself but with the addition of Davis he's gonna improve greatly.

xtremesteven33
08-15-2008, 12:47 PM
its gonna come down to the Clips and Blazers fighting for the 8 spot.

i lean towards the Clips for experience alone. but i wouldnt be suprised if the blazers took it either.

jack sommerset
08-15-2008, 01:23 PM
I like Davis but he can't get them to the playoffs with this team in this league. Ain't happening.

sook
08-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Thornton is sure to shine this year. He's been slowly proving himself but with the addition of Davis he's gonna improve greatly.

LOL Thats they guy i forgot! He was 2nd for ROY right? I remember watching his 38 point outburst has a chance to be a future all star.

Roxsfan
08-17-2008, 01:10 PM
I didn't know LA had NBA basketball:sleep

BUMP
08-17-2008, 01:17 PM
they will be a dynamic team. Davis is a big difference maker, i think the highest they could get is a 5th seed. championship? no