PDA

View Full Version : Fancy Letters

Brutalis
08-15-2008, 01:27 AM
Some of you must type your letters and print them for whatever reason. How would I go about printing a nice looking one?

Not just text, I mean with borders, or fancy flowering on the corners and stuff like that. Letters with some graphics.

All I have is Paint.NET program but not sure if you would even use that to come up with what I'm talking about.

I've gotten letters from eBay purchases along with my package that were all fancy looking and I'm trying to do one for my grandma's birthday and for other reasons as well.

Is there a program you use, and if not how would I go about doing it?

Thanks.

PM5K
08-15-2008, 01:33 AM
MS Word would probably be best.

What you get from eBay is usually a template that eBay or PayPal provides for sellers.

Brutalis
08-15-2008, 01:45 AM
MS Word would probably be best.

What you get from eBay is usually a template that eBay or PayPal provides for sellers.

I have Open Office thanks to Kori instead of MS Word. I hate Word. I had the 2007 edition and it sucked.

And I know what you mean about the templates, but also they would send me a letter thanking me and info about their store on it's own letter they made out for their services.

Judge Judy
08-15-2008, 01:58 AM
Some of you must type your letters and print them for whatever reason. How would I go about printing a nice looking one?

Not just text, I mean with borders, or fancy flowering on the corners and stuff like that. Letters with some graphics.

All I have is Paint.NET program but not sure if you would even use that to come up with what I'm talking about.

I've gotten letters from eBay purchases along with my package that were all fancy looking and I'm trying to do one for my grandma's birthday and for other reasons as well.

Is there a program you use, and if not how would I go about doing it?

Thanks.

When you are in prison, young man. You can be rest assured you will not have access to any fancy boarders or headings on the 40 year old cumputer at the library.

iminlakerland
08-15-2008, 02:43 AM
Microsoft Publisher normally works great for those kinda projects. You can make anything from letters to flyers, etc. You can do a lot with it. Not sure if that helps at all.

Brutalis
08-15-2008, 02:45 AM
Microsoft Publisher normally works great for those kinda projects. You can make anything from letters to flyers, etc. You can do a lot with it. Not sure if that helps at all.

Looking for free programs or advice from advanced users of Open Office.

TDMVPDPOY
08-15-2008, 05:55 AM
well i gotto write a resignation letter soon....hahahha

The sone
08-15-2008, 11:42 AM
show me what youre talking about. ms word is what i use for typesetting. maybe i can help.