PDA

View Full Version : Pargo Signs in Russia

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Pargo to play in Russia
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
2 hours, 12 minutes ago

BEIJING – New Orleans Hornets free agent guard Jannero Pargo, a valued sixth man, has reached an agreement in principle with Moscow Dynamo on a one-year contract worth about $3.5 million, sources close to the negotiations told Yahoo! Sports.

Some details still needed to be worked out Friday before the contract could be finalized, but sources said there were no hurdles left that should jeopardize the deal.

Once again, an American-born player with options in the NBA has chosen to take a more lucrative offer overseas. Pargo is the second NBA player to sign with Dynamo this summer, joining ex-New Jersey Nets forward Bostjan Nachbar. They’ll play for American-born coach, David Blatt, who was hired to take over the team.

Pargo, 28, had developed into a dangerous bench scorer for the Hornets and attracted the interest of several teams, including the San Antonio Spurs and Atlanta Hawks. New Orleans wanted to keep him – and Pargo’s preference was to stay – but the Hornets had invested too much available money in free agent James Posey to make a strong enough bid.

The lure of guaranteed money in Russia trumped the most serious bids made by the Spurs and Hawks.

Pargo averaged 8.1 points in 18.7 minutes in the regular season, but played well in the Hornets Western Conference playoff run. He had 30 points in a Western Conference playoff Game 3 against the Dallas Mavericks, and 18 points in Game 7 of the conference semifinals against the Spurs. He averaged more than 10 points a game in the postseason.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhVCEol3.ZMDUpNc0HwzBEq8vLYF?slug=aw-pargo081508&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-15-2008, 09:12 AM
You people need to stop fucking around with the jinx threads. That's two already.

timvp
08-15-2008, 09:13 AM
:pctoss

Bruno
08-15-2008, 09:14 AM
Good news. :tu

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-15-2008, 09:14 AM
George Hill, it's all on you now.

timvp
08-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Good news. :tuOlivier Saint-Jean fan?

P.S.

Is he still alive?

timvp
08-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Good news. :tuNaw, I can't see how this is good news. If the Spurs are actively looking for a new backup point guard, that means they don't trust Hill will be ready.

I'd be nice if this meant Hill will be force fed minutes but I don't see that happening. It'll just mean more Jacque Vaughn. The force feeding of Darius Washington last year lasted all of about one and a half games. I realize the Spurs have more invested in Hill than they had in Washington but if Pop is already off the bandwagon (as it appears), Vaughn better start preparing for a lot of minutes next year.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Fred Jones
Gordan Giricek
Kirk Snyder
Juan Dixon
Devean George
Devin Brown
Michael Finley

Take your pick. :(

Bruno
08-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Olivier Saint-Jean fan?

P.S.

Is he still alive?

:rollin
No, Antoine Rigaudeau fan.

timvp
08-15-2008, 09:20 AM
I'd move on to Juan Dixon but Pargo would have been pretty damn perfect. Pop is always begging his backup point guards to shoot the ball. Pargo would have been the first point guard since Claxton who would have obliged.

:depressed

urunobili
08-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Fred Jones
Gordan Giricek
Kirk Snyder
Juan Dixon
Devean George
Devin Brown
Michael Finley

Devin Brown

I Love Me Some Me
08-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Whatever...if Jannero freaking Pargo was going to be a difference maker for us next season, than it was over before it even began.

urunobili
I'd move on to Juan Dixon but Pargo would have been pretty damn perfect. Pop is always begging his backup point guards to shoot the ball. Pargo would have been the first point guard since Claxton who would have obliged.

i think it's time to start a FO needs to change it's culture thread.. i know Pop doesn;t promise minutes etc and they never get their pants down for a player... but it's time to show more love to people that could become important for us to go deep enough to make it to the Finals... with another approach i think we could have gotten Splitter, Maggette now Pargo on this case... we need to show FA more love...

MoSpur
Dang!!!! I don't blame him. The guy wanted more money and got it. Too bad for the Spurs though. He would have been a solid backup PG.

Brutalis
08-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Happy. I am.

ChumpDumper
08-15-2008, 09:27 AM
i think it's time to start a FO needs to change it's culture thread.. i know Pop doesn;t promise minutes etc and they never get their pants down for a player... but it's time to show more love to people that could become important for us to go deep enough to make it to the Finals... with another approach i think we could have gotten Splitter, Maggette now Pargo on this case... we need to show FA more love...They all went for the most money. What difference would anything else make?

timvp
08-15-2008, 09:29 AM
They all went for the most money. What difference would anything else make?Dontchaknow, Sam Presti can turn water into salary cap room.

Bruno
08-15-2008, 09:29 AM
I'd be nice if this meant Hill will be force fed minutes but I don't see that happening. It'll just mean more Jacque Vaughn.

Maybe, maybe not.

Spurs could have also been really high on Pargo and considered him as a can't miss opportunity.
In Pop's mind, it could be : Pargo > Hill > Vaughn.

timvp
08-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Maybe, maybe not.

Spurs could have also been really high on Pargo and considered him as a can't miss opportunity.
In Pop's mind, it could be : Pargo > Hill > Vaughn.So it's good news that the Spurs missed out on a player that they deem a can't miss talent?

Brutalis
08-15-2008, 09:33 AM
:danceclub

:tu

Brutalis
08-15-2008, 09:34 AM
So it's good news that the Spurs missed out on a player that they deem a can't miss talent?

They said that?

Should I even bring up two other players I'm thinking? :downspin:

Bruno
08-15-2008, 09:34 AM
So it's good news that the Spurs missed out on a player that they deem a can't miss talent?

To me, it is because I don't have that evaluation at all on Pargo.

cool hand
08-15-2008, 09:37 AM
fucking traitor.

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Man you guys should count yourselves lucky that your team has an All-Star starting PG to begin with :lol

I have to endure another season of watching two old bald fellas try and use what little skills they have left

sribb43
08-15-2008, 09:41 AM
once less mav killer in the NBA helps

hater
08-15-2008, 09:42 AM
http://www.caam.rice.edu/~hn5115/pics/misc/owned.jpg

hater
08-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Spanoulis!!!!

http://www.draftexpress.com/gallery/General/1155711014.jpg

timvp
08-15-2008, 09:45 AM
To me, it is because I don't have that evaluation at all on Pargo.

Bruno > Pop

Got it :tu

mrspurs
08-15-2008, 09:46 AM
this aint good news for the spurs FO, but i learned many years ago, it isnt mine until i see it in my hand and its in my name. with that being said, i never had pargo on our roster, i never even once imagined him in a spurs uniform. thou i knew he would be a good player on our team....we know our roster as of right now the last guy we signed was tolliver...i dont miss pargo cos i never saw him play for us....i aint happy, i aint sad, cos nothing really happened to the spurs roster......pargo was never a spur and those who let themselves think he was can now cheer for russia. heres the good news for the spurs, NO is the team that really loses out. by pargo not signing for NO it makes the spurs a better team.......thanks for the heads up........ mrtoothman

Bruno
08-15-2008, 09:46 AM
It will now be interesting to see if Spurs go after another backup PG via FA or trade. It's also puzzling that Spurs haven't sign George Hill while almost all first round picks have signed a contract.

Texas_Ranger
08-15-2008, 09:48 AM
:rollin

mrspurs
08-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Naw, I can't see how this is good news. If the Spurs are actively looking for a new backup point guard, that means they don't trust Hill will be ready.

I'd be nice if this meant Hill will be force fed minutes but I don't see that happening. It'll just mean more Jacque Vaughn. The force feeding of Darius Washington last year lasted all of about one and a half games. I realize the Spurs have more invested in Hill than they had in Washington but if Pop is already off the bandwagon (as it appears), Vaughn better start preparing for a lot of minutes next year.

i sure hope your wrong, cos of we go with vaughn as tonys backup again.....well nvm

mrspurs
08-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Fred Jones
Gordan Giricek
Kirk Snyder
Juan Dixon
Devean George
Devin Brown
Michael Finley

this is easy............devin brown

hater
08-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Giricek is still available??

he would be my pick out of those scrubs

MoSpur
08-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Where's Latrell Sprewell?

mrspurs
08-15-2008, 10:02 AM
i think it's time to start a FO needs to change it's culture thread.. i know Pop doesn;t promise minutes etc and they never get their pants down for a player... but it's time to show more love to people that could become important for us to go deep enough to make it to the Finals... with another approach i think we could have gotten Splitter, Maggette now Pargo on this case... we need to show FA more love...

excellent point....you know larry hughes was kicked off the cavs team, cos lebron said he didnt have enough heart to make a run at a ring. once you learn about larrys life, it will become easy to see, that larry see's life as being more important then any nba championship...and it never meant larry was late for practice, didnt give 100 percent, he just didnt think lebron was right all the time, and imo larry is right....for some nba players its more about life and the enjoyment of being able to play a game and have fun, then a ring......id be curious why pargo chose to play outside the nba. it would be difficult to understand if the answer was just money....at least larry stayed in the nba and is still making millions....something tells me pargo doesnt want to be yelled at, and wants tobe considered the teams best player, but thats a guess

Mr. Body
08-15-2008, 10:02 AM
Wow. Lolz.

Sign Robertas Javtokas for back-up PG NOW.

1Parker1
08-15-2008, 10:16 AM
:pctoss

More so than anything, Spurs desperately needed a 4th scoring option after the Big 3. Mason averaging 8 ppg last year could have just been an anomaly. Pargo would have been perfect; Not only do the Spurs desperately need a backup PG (esp given they don't seem to high on Hill) and they need scoring and punch off the bench other than Ginobilli. Pargo could have done all this for them. :madrun

I can't understand why some Spurs fans are actually Happy about this? I mean, what other options are left out there that are better at this point?

lefty
08-15-2008, 10:24 AM
So?

I don't see why everybody wanted this overrated piece of shit

Streakyshooter08
08-15-2008, 10:34 AM
This is a really disappointing off-season. You go from nearly signing Splitter, Maggette and Pargo to Roger Mason and George Hill... urgh... That said, I don't blame the front office for that. The players just went where the most money is which is logical for them. The Spurs just don't have the money.

xtremesteven33
08-15-2008, 10:35 AM
this really sucks.

i am officially kicked into "Worry Mode"

mexicanjunior
08-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Yet another FA that would rather play anywhere other than San Antonio...tis a shame.

xtremesteven33
08-15-2008, 10:49 AM
This is a really disappointing off-season. You go from nearly signing Splitter, Maggette and Pargo to Roger Mason and George Hill... urgh... That said, I don't blame the front office for that. The players just went where the most money is which is logical for them. The Spurs just don't have the money.

ur right. this really isnt the FO fault. it was a pretty shallow FA pool of guys who could come in reasonably on the spurs team. i like the Mason signing and i liked the Hill draft pick at first but now it seems as though the "Hill High" is coming down.

all of this really sucks cause Manu looks like hes going far in the olympics and will play wrecklesy if he has to, to win olympic gold.

i havent said this all summer guys but now im worried. im worried for our chances of even getting far in the playoffs this year. not unless they sign or trade for a player who we know can contribute right away.

nkdlunch
08-15-2008, 10:51 AM

don't forget Gist to Italy

I Love Me Some Me
08-15-2008, 10:57 AM
2007-08

Jannero Pargo
8.1 ppg
2.4 apg/1.2 TO
0.3 rpg
39% FG
35% 3pt. FG

Micheal Finley
10.1 ppg
1.4 apg/0.7 TO
0.3 rpg
41% FG
37% 3pt. FG

Supergirl
08-15-2008, 10:58 AM
If the Spurs are smart (and 4 championships later, I'm inclined to trust they are) they aren't looking at Pargo because of anything about Hill. Pargo is not really a PG, although he sometimes plays PG. He's a small SG. They are looking at him, I assume, because they need more ways to create offense, esp off the bench.

There are plenty of other options they could look at, but it is interesting and kind of sad for the NBA that this is yet another example of an American-born player choosing to leave the NBA for more money...

jack sommerset
08-15-2008, 11:00 AM
http://www.caam.rice.edu/~hn5115/pics/misc/owned.jpg

What a pathetic pic. Not u hater, the pic....

Trainwreck2100
08-15-2008, 11:01 AM
He signed a one year deal? I hope somebody told him that he has to work overseas for 2 years for it to be income tax free.

rAm
08-15-2008, 11:03 AM
It will now be interesting to see if Spurs go after another backup PG via FA or trade. It's also puzzling that Spurs haven't sign George Hill while almost all first round picks have signed a contract.

How are you not proving TimVP's point right now?

nkdlunch
08-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Spanoulis!!!!

http://www.draftexpress.com/gallery/General/1155711014.jpg

is there any possibility of signing this guy??

he is probably having best PG performance of the olympics so far...

Budkin
08-15-2008, 11:31 AM
pargone

Bruno
08-15-2008, 11:36 AM
How are you not proving TimVP's point right now?

I just don't understand at all what Spurs are trying to do this summer and I've decided to stop drawing conclusions.
Spurs haven't signed Hill, it could be because they are very low on him or it could be another reason.
Nobody here really knows.

Dex
08-15-2008, 11:37 AM
What a greedy little jerk.

I know that's a bit harsh and he's just looking out for his bank account and blah blah blah...but still....

Doesn't anybody want to play for a fuckin' ring anymore?

xtremesteven33
08-15-2008, 11:48 AM
What a greedy little jerk.

I know that's a bit harsh and he's just looking out for his bank account and blah blah blah...but still....

Doesn't anybody want to play for a fuckin' ring anymore?

championships are pase'

its all about the benjamins

kobyz
08-15-2008, 11:54 AM

NO! he being paid to much in Europe

DROB4EVER
08-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Move on to K Snyder. Guy can play the 2 or 3 is super athletic and can get to the rim. Hes still only 25. Would be a nice guy off the bench.

Pargo must be smoking pot with his brother, not enough of a money difference to go to GOD FORSAKEN RUSSIA. Hes now Euro Trash.

kobyz
08-15-2008, 11:57 AM
good news! it will force the spurs to give Hill more minutes, so we will not waste first pick after all.

Solid D
08-15-2008, 11:58 AM
I wrote off Pargo last week. When he didn't sign right away, knowing Bertelstein and how he likes to play the field to get over-value for his clients, I stopped thinking Pargo.

Hill isn't exactly Martellus Bennett, so maybe the Spurs will use him and give him decent floor time.

RC to Pop: The dance floor is open for dancing...I spot a wall-flower over there!

duncan228
08-15-2008, 12:15 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/08/jeff_mcdonald_p_13.html

Jeff McDonald: Pargo to Russia (with love?)

If a report this morning on Yahoo! sports is correct -- and we have no reason to believe that it is incorrect -- it appears erstwhile Spurs free-agent target Jannero Pargo is headed to Russia.

According to this report, Pargo has agreed in principle to a one-year deal with Dynamo Moscow that would pay him $4 million next season. That figure is double the maximum amount the Spurs could have offered him, and is certainly more than he could have made anywhere else in the NBA.

Pargo was Chris Paul's primary backup at point guard in New Orleans last season, and the Spurs would have loved to have given him a similiar role behind Tony Parker in the season to come.

If Pargo indeed signs in Moscow, it would mark the second time this offseason the lure of the euro has hijacked the Spurs' best-laid plans. Tiago Splitter, the team's top draft choice in 2007, opted to accept a more lucrative offer to remain in Spain rather than come to San Antonio this season.

1Parker1
08-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Anybody keeping count now of how many players that makes it which have signed with a EU or overseas team this offseason? It has to be some kind of record......

HarlemHeat37
08-15-2008, 12:27 PM
I wanted Pargo, but didn't expect him to come to the Spurs..nobody should have expected him to sign here..

this could be good news though..I don't care how raw he is, I want Hill to get some minutes..we need some young blood on the team, and Hill's gonna have to learn on the floor and play through his mistakes..same with Ian..I hope to see them both on the floor this year, because that's the best way to learn..playing vs. the best..we can use all the athleticism we need, and the 2 of them can provide that..

I would also sign Kirk Snyder, as someone else already said..

ducks
08-15-2008, 12:28 PM
the best news is pargo is not with the hornets and not with a contender team this year

mrspurs
08-15-2008, 12:35 PM
He signed a one year deal? I hope somebody told him that he has to work overseas for 2 years for it to be income tax free.

:lol

xtremesteven33
08-15-2008, 12:36 PM
the best news is pargo is not with the hornets and not with a contender team this year

that doesnt make a difference. hes not a player who can make an big impact on a team but hes a player who can get a championship team over the hump

tomtom
08-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Panic Mode Ahhhhh

td4mvp21
08-15-2008, 12:40 PM
:lol Could this offseason get any shittier?

ceperez
08-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Definitely good news.

The Hornets loose a backup point guard.

Hill can get more minutes to develop. Hill has more upside than Pargo.

xtremesteven33
08-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Definitely good news.

The Hornets loose a backup point guard.

Hill can get more minutes to develop. Hill has more upside than Pargo.

it all rides on hill and mahimni now.

they gotta produce this year or we have no chance

Tully365
08-15-2008, 12:56 PM
2007-08

Jannero Pargo
8.1 ppg
2.4 apg/1.2 TO
0.3 rpg
39% FG
35% 3pt. FG

Micheal Finley
10.1 ppg
1.4 apg/0.7 TO
0.3 rpg
41% FG
37% 3pt. FG

Kirk Snyder
7.3 ppg
3.5 rpg
1.8 apg
50.8 FG%
21.7 3PT%

He won't score as much as Pargo or Finley and he's not a three point guy at all, but he plays D, is a better rebounder than both, and at least hits a good FG% when he does shoot. He's also got 5 inches and 50 lbs on Pargo.

DMX7
08-15-2008, 01:00 PM
I don't have a problem with him taking the money. It's only one year, and I honestly don't understand why we would pay more than the min for a 4th point guard.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-15-2008, 01:15 PM

3.5 millions is after tax number. And was actually $4 million.

Sissiborgo
08-15-2008, 01:17 PM
jesus!

SenorSpur
08-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Olivier Saint-Jean fan?

P.S.

Is he still alive?

You bet. Alive and still living off Mark Cuban's generosity.

MannyIsGod
08-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Its obvious why the Spurs haven't signed Hill: They want the option of trading him without waiting 30 days if a deal is completed.

your_pimp
08-15-2008, 01:33 PM
bwahahahahahahahahahaha

I told you so cheap ass bitches...Nobody wants to play for your cheap ass :lolteam

bee01
08-15-2008, 01:53 PM
According to the other Pargo thread, no news is good news....oops.

wildbill2u
08-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Let's just hope that Pop can find the oldest most ineffective over-the-hill vet available as usual and sign him .

anakha
08-15-2008, 02:10 PM
bwahahahahahahahahahaha

I told you so cheap ass bitches...Nobody wants to play for your cheap ass :lolteam

Maybe the Rockets actually have a chance this year, eh Louis?

T Park
08-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Let's just hope that Pop can find the oldest most ineffective over-the-hill vet available as usual and sign him .

Typical Spurs fan.

bitch bitch bitch, never gives an alternative.

pad300
08-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Jannero Pargo
8.1 ppg
2.4 apg/1.2 TO
0.3 rpg
39% FG
35% 3pt. FG

Micheal Finley
10.1 ppg
1.4 apg/0.7 TO
0.3 rpg
41% FG
37% 3pt. FG

[QUOTE=Tully365;2716015]Kirk Snyder
7.3 ppg
3.5 rpg
1.8 apg
50.8 FG%
21.7 3PT%

He won't score as much as Pargo or Finley and he's not a three point guy at all, but he plays D, is a better rebounder than both, and at least hits a good FG% when he does shoot. He's also got 5 inches and 50 lbs on Pargo.

1) You might want to get your rebounding numbers correct Finley 3.1 rpg, and Pargo 1.6 rpg (you are quoting their o-boards only)..

2) You really should include another number to put these in perspective, MPG
Finley 26.9, Pargo 18.7 and Snyder 21.1

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-15-2008, 02:32 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Arol1xGW06CIRCBY6qCGQWd30bYF?slug=aw-pargo081508

BEIJING – New Orleans Hornets free agent guard Jannero Pargo, a valued sixth man, has reached an agreement in principle with Moscow Dynamo on a one-year contract worth about $4 million, sources close to the negotiations told Yahoo! Sports.

Some details still needed to be worked out Friday before the contract could be finalized, but sources said there were no hurdles left that should jeopardize the deal.

Once again, an American-born player with options in the NBA has chosen to take a more lucrative offer overseas. Pargo is the second NBA player to sign with Dynamo this summer, joining ex-New Jersey Nets forward Bostjan Nachbar. They’ll play for American-born coach, David Blatt, who was hired to take over the team.

Pargo, 28, had developed into a dangerous bench scorer for the Hornets and attracted the interest of several teams, including the San Antonio Spurs and Atlanta Hawks. New Orleans wanted to keep him – and Pargo’s preference was to stay – but the Hornets had invested too much available money in free agent James Posey to make a strong enough bid.

The lure of guaranteed money in Russia trumped the most serious bids made by the Spurs and Hawks.

Pargo averaged 8.1 points in 18.7 minutes in the regular season, but played well in the Hornets Western Conference playoff run. He had 30 points in a Western Conference playoff Game 3 against the Dallas Mavericks, and 18 points in Game 7 of the conference semifinals against the Spurs. He averaged more than 10 points a game in the postseason.

NBA fans ''Kill Bill is liar, is no guaranteed contracts in Europe" :rolleyes

Duncan2177
08-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Juan Dixon? Dikembe Mutombo? Theo Ratliff? :downspin:

wisnub
08-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Its fucking great...It is actually complete a total failure of offseason (no disrespect to Mason,Hill). I like Mahinmi and Tolliver. Mason is good, FO at least tried..but Spurs luck is like a FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!! Fag Splitter Gone, Gist Gone, CM didnt give a fuck and now Pargo also gone..oh yeah we dump Barry too thats really nice of us..... The most sad part is we got Vaughn to ease the pain, and the one that play waiting game with us is fucking finley. WHAT A PROSPEROUS SEASON !!

wisnub
08-15-2008, 03:19 PM
bwahahahahahahahahahaha

I want to say fuck you asshole loser...but I think there is a truth in the statement. I think we can pay more,but we just dont.....

lurker23
08-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I remember an offseason where the Spurs front office had relatively little faith in a young PG, so they tried to sign a more experienced, more proven guard. The veteran PG decided to sign somewhere else, and some of the members of Spurs Nation were put on suicide watch.

5 years later, Tony Parker has helped lead the Spurs to two more championships, including a Finals MVP, and Jason Kidd is over-the-hill by most analysts' evaluations, with many saying his team won't make the playoffs this year because he can't quite cut it anymore.

Is there any guarantee that the Pargo/Hill situation will turn out as well as the Kidd/Parker situation? Of course not. Is there anything in recent memory to indicate that perhaps Spurs fans should step away from the ledge? Absolutely.

johnny_J_Jackson
08-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Rocket fan: Thats two thus far shooter.

Spurs fan: Oh how nice, you can count.

Rocket fan: And you can count...............on me waiting for you in the parking lot:)

timtonymanu
08-15-2008, 07:37 PM
i dont feel safe with the spurs chances now. hopefully they prove me wrong.

your_pimp
08-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Well, looks like he found Finley lol hahahahahaha

ElNono
08-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Naw, I can't see how this is good news. If the Spurs are actively looking for a new backup point guard, that means they don't trust Hill will be ready.

+1 :tu

DANILO DRASKOVIC
08-15-2008, 08:28 PM
cant blame him
People in San Antonio are fat
Russian girls are malnourished and hot

ElNono
08-15-2008, 08:29 PM
I remember an offseason where the Spurs front office had relatively little faith in a young PG, so they tried to sign a more experienced, more proven guard. The veteran PG decided to sign somewhere else, and some of the members of Spurs Nation were put on suicide watch.

5 years later, Tony Parker has helped lead the Spurs to two more championships, including a Finals MVP, and Jason Kidd is over-the-hill by most analysts' evaluations, with many saying his team won't make the playoffs this year because he can't quite cut it anymore.

Is there any guarantee that the Pargo/Hill situation will turn out as well as the Kidd/Parker situation? Of course not. Is there anything in recent memory to indicate that perhaps Spurs fans should step away from the ledge? Absolutely.

Tony was a PG all his life. Hill never has been until the Summer League. So not only he needs to adapt to the Pros, he also needs to learn a brand new position on the fly. Not gonna happen with the West as tough as it is, with the Toros around the corner and with Vaughn being available. Maybe Hill will become a good PG after a couple of years with the Toros, but I doubt he'll be contributing to the team anytime soon.

intlspurshk
08-16-2008, 05:27 AM
Where is E Watson? Can Spurs trade Bonner for him if they need a real PG?

Rescueone
08-16-2008, 05:09 PM

You're joking right? Because he didn't impress me against the U.S. at all. In fact I thought he was a scrub!

Tully365
08-16-2008, 06:06 PM
[QUOTE=I Love Me Some Me]

Jannero Pargo
8.1 ppg
2.4 apg/1.2 TO
0.3 rpg
39% FG
35% 3pt. FG

Micheal Finley
10.1 ppg
1.4 apg/0.7 TO
0.3 rpg
41% FG
37% 3pt. FG

1) You might want to get your rebounding numbers correct Finley 3.1 rpg, and Pargo 1.6 rpg (you are quoting their o-boards only)..

2) You really should include another number to put these in perspective, MPG
Finley 26.9, Pargo 18.7 and Snyder 21.1

There's some confusion here: your post mixed up different previous posts. My numbers were the ones on Kirk Snyder. The stats with the wrong rebound numbers were from the poster "I Love me some me."

So to clarify, as far as the rebounding comparison goes:

Finley, 3.1 rpg in 26.9 mpg
Snyder, 3.5 rpg in 21.1 mpg

To break it down a little more:

Finley, 5.5 per 40 minutes
Snyder, 7.9 per 40 minutes

Since Snyder doesn't take a lot of threes, it makes sense that he'd often be closer to the basket than Finley. Plus Snyder played SF almost exclusively, while Finley was sometimes a SF, but usually a SG, . Snyder's not going to knock anyone out with his stats, but he does play some D, and he is only 25 years old. He started for the Timberwolves, but with the Spurs would more than likely be closer to the end of the bench.

Rescueone
08-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Now you just sit back and watch Snaq take a shit on your team this year... and we will be here to ask you how does Snaqs ass taste?

Snag, who the hell is snag? Phoenix = Spurs bitches, check it! The Spurs pimp slap that team every time it counts.

timvp
11-14-2008, 11:05 PM
This might be the best thing that happened to the Spurs all summer.

Seriously.

timtonymanu
11-14-2008, 11:05 PM

Seriously.

+1

usckk
11-14-2008, 11:09 PM

Seriously.

LOL, I love it. JUST LOVE IT!