PDA

View Full Version : Gordon thinks he will be traded, also considers playing in Europe

lurker23
08-16-2008, 12:37 AM
The slow, drawn-out negotiations between Ben Gordon and the Chicago Bulls took a turn toward closure Friday night when the free-agent guard said he doesn't think he'll be a Bull next season.

"I guess it's safe to say I've played my last game in a Bulls uniform," Gordon said.

Gordon, who has led the Bulls in scoring the past three seasons, said his agent, Raymond Brothers, has been speaking with other teams about sign-and-trade possibilities.

"I'm pretty optimistic it'll happen," said Gordon, who averaged 18.6 points last season. "It's very likely."

Brothers refused to name the teams he's spoken with, but added playing in Europe is also a possibility. He said the only certainty is Gordon will not sign the Bulls' one-year qualifying offer of $6.4 million.

Bulls Executive VP John Paxson did not return a phone call seeking comment.

Gordon admitted he's frustrated and "feels slighted" by the slow pace of negotiations with the Bulls. He said at this point it would be best for him to play elsewhere since Chicago's backcourt is seemingly full, with Derrick Rose, Larry Hughes and Kirk Hinrich.

"It's a numbers game," he said. "Last season at the trade deadline, they brought in more guards and I saw my minutes drop and didn't understand why. This year, the problem's still the same. I don't see it getting better, so maybe it'll be a better situation for me personally somewhere else."

Chicago offered Gordon a five-year, $50 million contract last season, but he turned it down. This summer, reports have surfaced saying Gordon believes he should be the Bulls' highest-paid player since he's their leading scorer. Chicago recently signed Luol Deng to a six-year, $71 million deal.

"I've just got to wait and see what happens," Gordon said. "It's a tough time."

Gordon spoke at the "Bowling Bash and Celebrity Fundraiser" thrown by his New Life Foundation in Yonkers, N.Y. The event was seeking to raise money for the sports department at Mount Vernon High School, Gordon's alma mater. The school, which has a vaunted basketball program that's produced several NBA players, is in danger of losing its winter and spring sports teams.

Philadelphia 76ers forward Elton Brand, Charlotte Bobcats forward Emeka Okafor, UConn coach Jim Calhoun, rappers Irv Gotti and Heavy D and former world boxing champion Iran Barkley were among the celebrities in attendance.

Chris Broussard is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3537868

21_Blessings
08-16-2008, 12:10 PM
"It's a tough time."

You turned down 50 million you fucking retard.

Findog
08-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Is Ben Gordon even better than Jason Terry? They're literally the same player - undersized SG that can hit clutch shots from time to time.

confined
08-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Is Ben Gordon even better than Jason Terry? They're literally the same player - undersized SG that can hit clutch shots from time to time.

Where do you see Terry's name in that article? Or am i just missing something?

Anyway i think Gordon is more of a scorer, while terry leans towards being a pure shooter.

If I were Donnie I'd be on the phone trying to get this guy, but of course "we love our team too much" for that to happen

PanathinaikosDynasty
08-17-2008, 01:46 AM
I fuck you lie to me say Jordon never go to Europe. Eat my dick fuckfaces!!

monosylab1k
08-18-2008, 12:48 AM

Oh I think he's loads better as far as skills go. Better ballhandler, much quicker, almost as good a shooter. Terry's a smarter player and much much much better at shot selection, though. Overall I'll definitely take Gordon over JET.

Colombiano972
08-18-2008, 01:04 AM
Ben Gordon is pretty much an upgraded version of Jason Terry. But I rather have Terry than Ben Chuckerdon from a chemistry standpoint.......

stretch
08-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Oh I think he's loads better as far as skills go. Better ballhandler, much quicker, almost as good a shooter. Terry's a smarter player and much much much better at shot selection, though. Overall I'll definitely take Gordon over JET.

agreed. although i think some of Gordon's shot selection comes because i think the coach simply gives him the green light to take any shot he wants since he is coming off the bench as a 6th man. and as for shooting... statistically he is a hell of a shooter. NEVER shot under 40% on 3's in his career, while averaging over four 3pt shots a game each year. also a great free-throw shooter.

i definitely wouldnt mind if the mavs made a trade for him. although it would leave us even more undersized at our guard positions... so i dunno. but i think his scoring and percentages would go up, being able to play on a team with Dirk.