PDA

View Full Version : Ben Gordon with Spurs?

EvaLongoria
08-16-2008, 01:15 AM
This guy won't be a Bull next year. I think he could be a GREAT wing for us. Great scorer and 3pts shooter too. The problem: 6'3, but he can back up Tony. So this is my idea:

PG: Tony/ Gordon
SG: Mason/Ginobili/Finley
SF: Bowen/Udoka
PF: Tim/Bonner
C: Oberto/Kurt/Mahinmi

DynastyBuilder
08-16-2008, 01:18 AM
I hear Paul Pierce can be had for a 2nd rounder too.

Dex
08-16-2008, 01:24 AM
All we need to do is add Dwight Howard, and we'll be okay.

EvaLongoria
08-16-2008, 01:26 AM
dude, Ben Gordon acquisition is for real, and could be the offseason salvation. If i was FO, ill trade Finley, Mason, Hill, Tolliver, Vaughn, and cash consideration for: Ben Gordon and Nocioni. If not, Ben Gordon for Finley, Hill and cash consideration.

DynastyBuilder
08-16-2008, 01:27 AM
Cash consideration for Dwayne Wade is still an option too though.

ss1986v2
08-16-2008, 01:28 AM
dude, Ben Gordon acquisition is for real, and could be the offseason salvation. If i was FO, ill trade Finley, Mason, Hill, Tolliver, Vaughn, and cash consideration for: Ben Gordon and Nocioni. If not, Ben Gordon for Finley, Hill and cash consideration.
i dont think any of that works under the cba (not nearly enough salary going to chicago), nor would chicago be interested in either package. try again...

baseline bum
08-16-2008, 01:33 AM
Fuck Gordon. We should trade for Derrick Rose instead.

Sense
08-16-2008, 01:34 AM
i smell fail

DynastyBuilder
08-16-2008, 01:39 AM
Your ship has arrived

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/fail-owned-cruise-fail.jpg

Sean Cagney
08-16-2008, 02:00 AM
Maybe since Wade is so good and healthy now we can get him too!!!!!! YEAH he is the answer here as well.

Texas_Ranger
08-16-2008, 02:03 AM
Bonner + Vaughn for JAMES!

Leetonidas
08-16-2008, 02:04 AM
Ben Gordon sucks ass. :lmao

DynastyBuilder
08-16-2008, 02:04 AM
Maybe since Wade is so good and healthy now we can get him too!!!!!! YEAH he is the answer here as well.

http://www.getentrepreneurial.com/images/Success%20Way.jpg

anakha
08-16-2008, 02:05 AM
Be quit my friend,,,,dont hurry up,,I have a great 6th sense telling me that there is a BIG SURPRISE in the corner:

JOSH SMITH OR IGUODALA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you'll see,,,,,,,Pop & Spurs pride is hurted,,,that means: VENGANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need NOCIONI in our Spurs, NOW !!!! He is the perfect SF and SG for us,,,,,,teamplayer, Slashing, defensive, 3pt shooter, versatile !!!!! Sign NOCIONI now !!!

This guy won't be a Bull next year. I think he could be a GREAT wing for us. Great scorer and 3pts shooter too. The problem: 6'3, but he can back up Tony. So this is my idea:

PG: Tony/ Gordon
SG: Mason/Ginobili/Finley
SF: Bowen/Udoka
PF: Tim/Bonner
C: Oberto/Kurt/Mahinmi

Make up your damn mind. Who the hell do you want on the team?

DynastyBuilder
08-16-2008, 02:06 AM
Make up your damn mind. Who the hell do you want on the team?

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/success.jpg

Dex
08-16-2008, 02:10 AM

It's a good thing you're not the FO, because you clearly have no idea how basketball, the CBA, or common sense work.

Spur-Addict
08-16-2008, 02:11 AM
I hate that I came in here for nothing.

DynastyBuilder
08-16-2008, 02:12 AM
http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/delusions.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-16-2008, 07:11 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3537868

Gordon thinks he will be traded, also considers playing in Europe
By Chris Broussard
Updated: August 16, 2008, 12:22 AM ET

The slow, drawn-out negotiations between Ben Gordon and the Chicago Bulls took a turn toward closure Friday night when the free-agent guard said he doesn't think he'll be a Bull next season.

"I guess it's safe to say I've played my last game in a Bulls uniform," Gordon said.

Gordon, who has led the Bulls in scoring the past three seasons, said his agent, Raymond Brothers, has been speaking with other teams about sign-and-trade possibilities.

"I'm pretty optimistic it'll happen," said Gordon, who averaged 18.6 points last season. "It's very likely."

Brothers refused to name the teams he's spoken with, but added playing in Europe is also a possibility. He said the only certainty is Gordon will not sign the Bulls' one-year qualifying offer of $6.4 million.

Bulls Executive VP John Paxson did not return a phone call seeking comment.

Gordon admitted he's frustrated and "feels slighted" by the slow pace of negotiations with the Bulls. He said at this point it would be best for him to play elsewhere since Chicago's backcourt is seemingly full, with Derrick Rose, Larry Hughes and Kirk Hinrich.

"It's a numbers game," he said. "Last season at the trade deadline, they brought in more guards and I saw my minutes drop and didn't understand why. This year, the problem's still the same. I don't see it getting better, so maybe it'll be a better situation for me personally somewhere else."

Chicago offered Gordon a five-year, $50 million contract last season, but he turned it down. This summer, reports have surfaced saying Gordon believes he should be the Bulls' highest-paid player since he's their leading scorer. Chicago recently signed Luol Deng to a six-year, $71 million deal.

"I've just got to wait and see what happens," Gordon said. "It's a tough time."

Gordon spoke at the "Bowling Bash and Celebrity Fundraiser" thrown by his New Life Foundation in Yonkers, N.Y. The event was seeking to raise money for the sports department at Mount Vernon High School, Gordon's alma mater. The school, which has a vaunted basketball program that's produced several NBA players, is in danger of losing its winter and spring sports teams.

Philadelphia 76ers forward Elton Brand, Charlotte Bobcats forward Emeka Okafor, UConn coach Jim Calhoun, rappers Irv Gotti and Heavy D and former world boxing champion Iran Barkley were among the celebrities in attendance.

DynastyBuilder
08-16-2008, 07:51 AM
Gordon believes he should be the Bulls' highest-paid player since he's their leading scorer. Chicago recently signed Luol Deng to a six-year, $71 million deal.

at least there are 71 million more reasons Gordon isn't going to be a Spur

mrspurs
08-16-2008, 08:11 AM
nah keep gordon, look for a big or point now, gordon is neither

AFBlue
08-16-2008, 08:13 AM
at least there are 71 million more reasons Gordon isn't going to be a Spur

Actually it would be $72M....he wants MORE than Deng (the all-star) remember.

No way in hell this happens.

TDMVPDPOY
08-16-2008, 08:32 AM
wtf do we need gordan when parker does the same what he does, and dude doesnt play defense

Darthkiller
08-16-2008, 08:46 AM
nah keep gordon, look for a big or point now, gordon is neither

hamed ehadadi anyone?

xtremesteven33
08-16-2008, 08:48 AM
i hate threads like this.

"why do you build me up, build me up....."

DynastyBuilder
08-16-2008, 08:56 AM
Actually it would be $72M....he wants MORE than Deng (the all-star) remember.

No way in hell this happens.

Correct, but the Spurs wouldn't pony up the 71, much less the 72 :toast

mrspurs
08-16-2008, 09:13 AM
hamed ehadadi anyone?

no no....a big or point who will be able to contribute after this season is over. there are names out there, im just not one of those guys who takes the time to copy and paste etc.....heck thats about all i know how todo with a pc....there was no internet when i went to college :nope ,for that matter there was no internet for quite some yrs. after i graduated as well :lol

ducks
08-16-2008, 09:17 AM
he would have to be traded with a player like manu or tp to be a spur
because he wants that type of money

manufor3
08-16-2008, 10:20 AM

dude, i love your avatar

johnny_J_Jackson
08-16-2008, 08:46 PM
your an idiot Eva. Go cuss out a mexican cop.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Trading for Ben Gordon would be good for the team. Especially if we don't give up any meaningful players.

wisnub
08-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Huahhaaha I think Dwight Howard is a good option. We can add Ben Gordon too. Fuck man, lets go for LEbron James :lmao

wisnub
08-16-2008, 09:05 PM
your an idiot Eva. Go cuss out a mexican cop.

I prefer banging Eva instead. I mean Eva Longoria, not Eva smartass who want to get Ben though...

edgar
08-16-2008, 09:11 PM
he would have to be traded with a player like manu or tp to be a spur
because he wants that type of money

Trade Parker

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Trade Parker

That would suck incredibly.

ducks
08-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Trading for Ben Gordon would be good for the team. Especially if we don't give up any meaningful players.

ben gordon wants 9 million a year
manu,tp , duncan are good
but are the only ones making that

bulls are not going to accept booner, oberta and a scrub for him

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-16-2008, 09:15 PM
ben gordon wants 9 million a year
manu,tp , duncan are good
but are the only ones making that

bulls are not going to accept booner, oberta and a scrub for him

That's why we get a 3rd team involved.

edgar
08-16-2008, 09:17 PM
That would suck incredibly.

i know, I just want to piss ducks off :lmao

ducks
08-16-2008, 09:47 PM
i know, I just want to piss ducks off :lmao

so you could care less the spurs would suck if they did that
just so a internet poster would be ticked:rolleyes

that is worse then actually tipping well or not

Dramon
08-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Honestly, I would rather see CP3 in a spurs jersey than Ben Gordon. Gordon might be a better wing player but with Chris Paul backing up Tony Parker I think we'd be a better team than we would even with Gordon as a starter. Another good alternative would be to possibly pickup Garnett to give Duncan a rest. Garnett has logged more minutes than Duncan in the NBA and is probably on the downside of his career but I think he would be a strong backup in the PF slot.

JBIIRockets
08-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Ben Gordon is a undersized 2-guard. I don't think he would be a good fit on any contender and the Spurs are still that.

DROB4EVER
08-16-2008, 11:15 PM
The guy is a sixth man who wants to be paid like a super star. He will regret turning down 10mil pr year to stay with the bulls.

sehui
08-16-2008, 11:24 PM
christ this prob wont happen, if we couldnt get anyone cept godamn roger mason why do you think we can pull of Gordon?

ALAMO_DEFENSE
08-17-2008, 02:35 PM
To the H-E-L-L with Gordon !!!!! CALM DOWN people, dont worry about our bench & roster. Think about this: LAST SEASON the only two things that won us were: 1) Manu's injured ankle and 2) David Stern BOS/LAL conspiracy (just remember Fisher no-call foul on the 3pts line over Barry!!! )

BlackBellamy
08-17-2008, 03:09 PM
We should sign Jesus of Nazareth. He makes some miracle shots, but is lacking in assists as he quote: helps those who help themselves.

spursnatic
08-17-2008, 04:03 PM
I don't see that happening, I would love to have him on our roster!! But he wants a shit-load of money, and that all goes to our Big 3. So that would be hard to make a trade of that sort. We would have to give up half of our roster to get him. Unless he would take a whole lot less to get a ring? But you see people say they will all the time, and the first time someone shows them that big money they're gone. To the Bobcats,Sonics,Hawks etc. WTF?:flag::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag:

The Franchise
08-17-2008, 04:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3537868

Gordon thinks he will be traded, also considers playing in Europe
By Chris Broussard
Updated: August 16, 2008, 12:22 AM ET

The slow, drawn-out negotiations between Ben Gordon and the Chicago Bulls took a turn toward closure Friday night when the free-agent guard said he doesn't think he'll be a Bull next season.

"I guess it's safe to say I've played my last game in a Bulls uniform," Gordon said.

Gordon, who has led the Bulls in scoring the past three seasons, said his agent, Raymond Brothers, has been speaking with other teams about sign-and-trade possibilities.

"I'm pretty optimistic it'll happen," said Gordon, who averaged 18.6 points last season. "It's very likely."

Brothers refused to name the teams he's spoken with, but added playing in Europe is also a possibility. He said the only certainty is Gordon will not sign the Bulls' one-year qualifying offer of $6.4 million.

Bulls Executive VP John Paxson did not return a phone call seeking comment.

Gordon admitted he's frustrated and "feels slighted" by the slow pace of negotiations with the Bulls. He said at this point it would be best for him to play elsewhere since Chicago's backcourt is seemingly full, with Derrick Rose, Larry Hughes and Kirk Hinrich.

"It's a numbers game," he said. "Last season at the trade deadline, they brought in more guards and I saw my minutes drop and didn't understand why. This year, the problem's still the same. I don't see it getting better, so maybe it'll be a better situation for me personally somewhere else."

Chicago offered Gordon a five-year, $50 million contract last season, but he turned it down. This summer, reports have surfaced saying Gordon believes he should be the Bulls' highest-paid player since he's their leading scorer. Chicago recently signed Luol Deng to a six-year, $71 million deal.

"I've just got to wait and see what happens," Gordon said. "It's a tough time."

Gordon spoke at the "Bowling Bash and Celebrity Fundraiser" thrown by his New Life Foundation in Yonkers, N.Y. The event was seeking to raise money for the sports department at Mount Vernon High School, Gordon's alma mater. The school, which has a vaunted basketball program that's produced several NBA players, is in danger of losing its winter and spring sports teams.

Philadelphia 76ers forward Elton Brand, Charlotte Bobcats forward Emeka Okafor, UConn coach Jim Calhoun, rappers Irv Gotti and Heavy D and former world boxing champion Iran Barkley were among the celebrities in attendance.

Ben Gordon was an idiot to turn down 10 mill a year. The Bulls realized they we're overpaying and made the right choice. Go to Europe Ben.