08-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Jesus

9.69 with ease

not good start

and showing off in the last 20 meters or so

un fuckingbelivable

TDMVPDPOY
08-16-2008, 10:27 AM
i think he could break 9.50 if he was wearing a razor speedo track suit...and bolting the last 20m instead of showboating

polandprzem
08-16-2008, 10:29 AM
i think he could break 9.50 if he was wearing a razor speedo track suit...and bolting the last 20m instead of showboating

The last 20 or 30 meters he was slowing down mofo!

Definately he could be 9.5 something

MannyIsGod
08-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Fuck NBC for not showing that shit live. WTF take 20 seconds out of the basketball coverage to show it.

Biggems
08-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Bolt runs like he is jogging through the park or neighborhood and is still leaving people in is dust. Honestly, he runs so effortlessly. The only other athlete I ever saw run like he does, where it looks like he is jogging, but still leaving great distances between he and his opponents is Eric Dickerson when he was with the Rams.

caribbean_spur
08-16-2008, 12:29 PM
That was crazy. The guy could run 9 60 no problem. Any bet for the 200 m?

LEONARD
08-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Damn...why would you showboat in THAT race? F'n moron IMO...

djohn14
08-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Alright, Im not exactly up on all the Olympic coverage, but did Tyson Gay race, and how did he do?

CubanMustGo
08-16-2008, 01:23 PM
Gay didn't make the final.

johngateswhiteley
08-16-2008, 01:44 PM
Fuck NBC for not showing that shit live. WTF take 20 seconds out of the basketball coverage to show it.

no shit...what the fuck! track and field is a huge reason i watch the olympics. i can't fucking believe this...

johngateswhiteley
08-16-2008, 01:46 PM

unlikely. but i'll withhold judgment until i see the race.

Brutalis
08-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Gay didn't make the final.

:( U of Arkansas faithful .. cries

TheTruth
08-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Gay healthy would have made it much more interesting to watch, but no one was going to beat Bolt today or ever. That WR will last a long time (or until Bolt decides to break it).

polandprzem
08-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Damn...why would you showboat in THAT race? F'n moron IMO...

Well he was 100% sure to win this and he was interested in gold not records.

LEONARD
08-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Well he was 100% sure to win this and he was interested in gold not records.

Regardless, why get to that level and not wait 2 more seconds to showboat?

Makes no sense to me...

Ozzy
08-16-2008, 04:38 PM

Makes no sense to me...

I don't think he "slowed" to showboat, but more to keep some reserve for himself ... Breaking a world record can bring a lot of money (especially major meetings in Europe often offer special awards). Think Sergej Bubka ...

lefty
08-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Fuuuuuuuck :bang

The Men 100 Final is my favorite event in the Olympics!!!!!!!

Can't believe I missed it, fucking time zones difference :bang:bang:bang:bang

polandprzem
08-16-2008, 07:14 PM

Makes no sense to me...

Well, heave you seen this?

He was not much arrogant doing it. He just wanted to show that there is no contest.

If he would showboating and won by a little margin I would say he was a jerk. If he would lost because of it, he would be an idiot.

I've never seen like this before. You know - when I saw it my jaw dropped and I was hard to recover.

Now I'm waiting for 200m and 400m - WARINER 1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caribbean_spur
08-16-2008, 08:16 PM
I don't remember anyone winning this race that easily.

The guy is young and he came for the gold not for record. winning with such a margin you have to be celebrating before the end. This is not the first one to do it and he won't be the last.

Man I am so happy for overseas coverage I would not have stand waiting until f** NBC decide to show this.

jochhejaam
08-16-2008, 11:02 PM
First time I've seen Bolt run, didn't realize he was 6'5". He made it look like a man running against boys.

Most dominant 100m Olympic ever!

timvp
08-16-2008, 11:05 PM
That was disgusting.

florige
08-16-2008, 11:27 PM
I have NEVER seen anything like that before. Once he hits that other gear it is no freakin contest. I mean he plays around for the last couple of meters and still dust the rest of the field WTF......

benefactor
08-16-2008, 11:34 PM
Wow...that was incredible. Those guys he was racing were WORLD CLASS sprinters and he just dusted them like he was varsity and they were JV. He broke the freaking recorded without even trying...and he is only 21.

This guy is the future of sprinting.

Now I'm waiting for 200m and 400m - WARINER 1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wariner doesn't run the 200...he runs the quarter and the mile relay. Good thing too, because I don't see any way he could beat Bolt.

johngateswhiteley
08-16-2008, 11:52 PM
1) Bolt was trying
2) no way in hell would Bolt have run better than a low 9.6 even if he didn't decelerate some
3) Bolts start was fantastic (for him)

...i think he has the potential to run a 9.59 or better, we'll see.

johngateswhiteley
08-16-2008, 11:54 PM
Wariner doesn't run the 200...he runs the quarter and the mile relay. Good thing too, because I don't see any way he could beat Bolt.

yep. JW would get dusted by Bolt in the 1 & 2 BADLY, but the 4 would belong to JW.

benefactor
08-17-2008, 08:52 AM
yep. JW would get dusted by Bolt in the 1 & 2 BADLY, but the 4 would belong to JW.
It would be interesting. We really don't know where Bolt's endurance stands as far as running the quarter. He actually has the ideal build for running the quarter. I'd like to see him have a go at it to just to see what he could do.

caribbean_spur
08-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Bolt is actually good at the 400 m.Can't remember his best but he is not too chabby

FanSPURSatic
08-17-2008, 12:53 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20080816/oly-ath-track-and-field/images/1338fcd8-710b-4fc0-965f-a41eabca37c0.jpg

made it look waaay to easy. its not fair.

johngateswhiteley
08-17-2008, 09:32 PM
It would be interesting. We really don't know where Bolt's endurance stands as far as running the quarter. He actually has the ideal build for running the quarter. I'd like to see him have a go at it to just to see what he could do.

his potential at the 400m is greater than JWs...but that means squat. right now, JW would kill him and, fyi, Bolts best 400 is in the 45s range.

...he could put in all the work and never run a 43, we may never know. but as Usain said, he has been training the 400 to improve his 100.

TDMVPDPOY
08-18-2008, 01:19 AM
he didnt look good in the 200m heat rounds...

and lmao at fukn china for tellin lui just appear in the race when it looks clearly he was struggling with an injury heading into the games/race, they made a tool out of him

Obstructed_View
08-18-2008, 03:31 AM
That was an amazing race, and I still can't get my brain around how blisteringly fast Bolt is, but a country with the population of Cincinnatti having that many dominant sprinters makes my bullshit alarm go off. I'd normally say "I wonder what's in the water in Jamaica" but in this case I wouldn't be joking. I wondered about it before the Jamaican women went 1-2-3. It's not like they're winning because they have better form or get off the line quicker, they just have more speed and power, which screams of doping. Oh well, if they can get away with it then power to them.

"I'm just happy right now." - Bolt

polandprzem
08-18-2008, 10:18 AM

Like I would not know :rolleyes

I said that I'm waiting for those two distanses - esp. for wariner in 400m

About Jamaica being so good -they always had great sprinters, good that Bolt stayed in his country instead going to USA (college). I bet they were offering him big money for that.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2004/08/02/ben_johnson.jpg

you remember that guy?

ben Johnson - also born in jamaica

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40719000/jpg/_40719316_linford_christie_300.jpg

Linford Christie - British - born in Jamaica

Asafa Powell -amazing world record holder

Time of big roid americans are the past?
Will there be a machines or atelopes in the future?
IMO there always will be diferent kind of sprinters.

Billy Cobham
08-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Steroids?

rascal
08-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Put him in the nfl as a wr. Size with speed

Whisky Dog
08-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Put him in the nfl as a wr. Size with speed

To quote (somewhat) an incredibly great cheesy '80s movie:

"Race track no hit back"

All it would take is one good shot to rattle his bones and that speed would become very, very tentative speed. He doesn't want that.

Whisky Dog
08-18-2008, 01:09 PM
BTW, that guy is filthy fast. I've never seen anything like that.

TDMVPDPOY
08-18-2008, 09:15 PM
it also helps hiim when his 6'5

MiamiHeat
08-19-2008, 04:24 AM
To quote (somewhat) an incredibly great cheesy '80s movie:

"Race track no hit back"

All it would take is one good shot to rattle his bones and that speed would become very, very tentative speed. He doesn't want that.

cheesy goodness, thought it was more 90s than 80s since it was released in 1989

I own that movie on dvd, that one, The Quest, and Kickboxer

angelbelow
08-19-2008, 08:43 PM
pretty impressive.

Cry Havoc
08-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Bolt just got beat in the 200m by a guy who was jogging right with him.

Ozzy
08-20-2008, 09:29 AM
19.30 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Penya
08-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Omg! 10'30!!!

Freeze
08-20-2008, 10:37 AM
his potential at the 400m is greater than JWs...but that means squat. right now, JW would kill him and, fyi, Bolts best 400 is in the 45s range.

...he could put in all the work and never run a 43, we may never know. but as Usain said, he has been training the 400 to improve his 100.

I agree, he ran 45s35 at the age of 17 :downspin:

MaNuMaNiAc
08-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Unbelievable! the man just decimated everyone else

caribbean_spur
08-20-2008, 11:24 AM
I am in shock! This was unbelievable.

polandprzem
08-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Bolt just got beat in the 200m by a guy who was jogging right with him.

:lmao

Umm, how great that was?

Michael Johnson is the total past

Obstructed_View
08-20-2008, 08:59 PM
About Jamaica being so good -they always had great sprinters, good that Bolt stayed in his country instead going to USA (college). I bet they were offering him big money for that.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2004/08/02/ben_johnson.jpg

you remember that guy?

ben Johnson - also born in jamaica

Yeah. Thanks for proving my point, especially with that picture. Johnson and Christie both got busted for performance enhancing drugs during the olympics.

That there are world class sprinters from Jamaica doesn't surprise me. That there are that many world class sprinters from a country of less than three million people should raise eyebrows. Again, they aren't winning on form or they'd be dominating the hurdles as well. They are getting out to an average start and then blowing everyone away during the second half of the race. If they are cheating, at least they are smarter than the Greeks, who haven't yet figured out how to get around the testing.

Sense
08-20-2008, 09:03 PM
holy shit.... killed them all... looked like a man schooling boys

johngateswhiteley
08-20-2008, 11:05 PM
:lmao

Umm, how great that was?

Michael Johnson is the total past

hmm...that makes no sense.

1) Bolt beat Johnson's record by 0.02 second
2) Johnson has the world record in the 400m

polandprzem
08-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Yeah. Thanks for proving my point, especially with that picture. Johnson and Christie both got busted for performance enhancing drugs during the olympics.

That there are world class sprinters from Jamaica doesn't surprise me. That there are that many world class sprinters from a country of less than three million people should raise eyebrows. Again, they aren't winning on form or they'd be dominating the hurdles as well. They are getting out to an average start and then blowing everyone away during the second half of the race. If they are cheating, at least they are smarter than the Greeks, who haven't yet figured out how to get around the testing.

Everybody are on "drugs"

Jeez :rolleyes

And hurdles is a much more technical race - a different discipline. Where did you proved your point?

polandprzem
08-20-2008, 11:37 PM
hmm...that makes no sense.

1) Bolt beat Johnson's record by 0.02 second
2) Johnson has the world record in the 400m

Well still

Bolt is 21 yrs young, so he has about 8 more years to improve, however IMO Johnson was losing opportunities when winning with ease just like Warines in the WC in semis.

400m 43'18" is in danger! As Wariner seems to be very strong.

If that happens, there will be no Michael Johnson name on Record lists.

milkyway21
08-21-2008, 12:48 AM
Bolt definitely shares the limelight with Phelps in Beijing.

I think he is confident he is that good, but do you agree about this some negative issues around him?
I am referring to that "catch me if you can look of him" which is not getting a thumbs-up reviews particularly the IOC.

BEIJING – International Olympic Committee (IOC) president Jacques Rogge criticized Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt on Thursday for showing a lack of respect to other competitors after his record-breaking gold medal performances in the
100 and 200 meters.

“That’s not the way we perceive being a champion," Rogge said.

The International Olympic Committee chief hailed Bolt’s stunning achievements in the two sprints, comparing him to American great Jesse Owens, but said Bolt should have cut out the look-at-me flaunting and acknowledged the other athletes.

“I have no problem with him doing a show," Rogge said in an interview with three international news agency reporters. “I think he should show more respect for his competitors and shake hands, give a tap on the shoulder to the other ones immediately after the finish and not make gestures like the one he made in the 100 meters."

Having built a huge lead in Saturday’s 100 final, Bolt slowed, glanced around with arms outstretched and pounded his chest before crossing the finish line in a world record time of 9.69 seconds.

“I understand the joy," Rogge said. “He might have interpreted that in another way, but the way it was perceived was ‘catch me if you can.’ You don’t do that. But he’ll learn. He’s still a young man."

Bolt, who turned 22 on Thursday, stormed to another one-sided victory Wednesday night in the 200, breaking Michael Johnson’s 12-year-old record of 19.32 seconds and lowering the mark to 19.30.

Bolt made little effort to congratulate the other runners as he wrapped himself in a Jamaican flag and set off on a solo victory lap. Swaying to the reggae music on the stadium loudspeakers, he walked barefoot around the track, putting his face inches from a TV camera, raising an index finger and yelling, “I am No. 1! I am No. 1!"

“He still has to mature," Rogge said. “I would love him to show more respect for his competitors. That’s not the way we perceive being a champion. But he will learn in time. He should shake hands with his competitors and not ignore them. He’ll learn that sooner or later. But [he’s] a great athlete, of course."

rest of the story:

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/115185/IOC-chides-Bolt-for-lack-of-respect-to-rivals

Obstructed_View
08-21-2008, 01:25 AM
Everybody are on "drugs"

Jeez :rolleyes
If everybody were on drugs, then the races would be a lot closer. If you actually believed that, then you wouldn't have argued with my suggestion that something's rotten in Kingston.

And hurdles is a much more technical race - a different discipline.
Exactly. Drugs don't teach you form, they just make you faster out in the open.

Where did you proved your point?
Because two of the three Jamaican sprinters you mentioned are proven cheaters. In the Olympics, no less.

polandprzem
08-21-2008, 03:21 PM
WTF?
There are siferent kind of "drugs" and some are working better for others some worse.
If everybody would take the same thing they would have the same result?

Tim Montgomery and Marion Jones - you got your proven cheaters

Argiebabe
08-21-2008, 04:55 PM
the laces on his left golden track shoes were untied when he crossed the finish line. He still ran the race in 9.69 seconds. He lowered his arms and held out his hands at his side. He still set a world record. Soon he might reveal he had forgotten to take off his ankle weights.

the guy is just a freaking beast!

TDMVPDPOY
08-21-2008, 07:00 PM
if you watch the last 20m of the 2oom final race, it looked like he had a miss hap on one of his steps slowly, then boom turbo kickd in yo

Borosai
08-21-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm just glad he ran hard the entire way in the 200m. None of that pulling up shit.

florige
08-22-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm just glad he ran hard the entire way in the 200m. None of that pulling up shit.

I think someone might have said something to him about that. He took alot of flack for that stunt. Either that or he was actually trying to break the WR.

Freeze
08-22-2008, 09:30 AM
3rd gold, 3rd World Recorld today with the relay !

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

TDMVPDPOY
08-22-2008, 09:51 AM
damn that then, i missed out on the relay, was buzy watchin a fukn movie, cbf watchin the usa v arg game also

Obstructed_View
08-23-2008, 05:52 PM
WTF?
There are siferent kind of "drugs" and some are working better for others some worse.
If everybody would take the same thing they would have the same result?

Tim Montgomery and Marion Jones - you got your proven cheaters

Okay, then the Jamaicans are on better drugs than everyone else. What's your point? Tim Montgomery was a heroin dealer, too; he's a scumbag. Again, what's that have to do with anything? Do you mean "you" as in the US? If so, I'm not sure how that relates to Jamaica.

AFBlue
08-24-2008, 12:35 AM
This dude with his fake-ass made up name is bullshit

polandprzem
08-24-2008, 06:39 AM
Okay, then the Jamaicans are on better drugs than everyone else. What's your point? Tim Montgomery was a heroin dealer, too; he's a scumbag. Again, what's that have to do with anything? Do you mean "you" as in the US? If so, I'm not sure how that relates to Jamaica.

You said the Jamaicas winners are cheeters, which is not true what so ever.

----edit

although I may change my mind to to be banned from this forum :rolleyes

Obstructed_View
08-24-2008, 05:42 PM
You said the Jamaicas winners are cheeters, which is not true what so ever.

Nowhere did I say that, but one look at the legs of some of those women on the relay team made me think it. They've been excessively tested by the IOC, so their gold medals are clean until proven otherwise. What you need to do is explain to me how so many people from such a tiny country can all be so much faster than everyone else at the top end. Bolt could just be a once-in-a-generation really fast, really big guy who is 3/10 of a second faster than anyone else has ever been. That happens from time to time, but it doesn't explain everyone else that came out of nowhere for Jamaica to just blow people away. You are so sure that you must know the reason. They have a long history of being very competetive in sprinting, but they suddenly are now running away from people despite being behind after the start, and only in the very short distance sprint races that don't have hurdles in them.

They have won 11 sprinting medals this olympics, and have won 41 total in the country's history. I'm not sure why you'd even attempt to feign surprise that a sudden surge like that would raise eyebrows.

polandprzem
08-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Nowhere did I say that, but one look at the legs of some of those women on the relay team made me think it. They've been excessively tested by the IOC, so their gold medals are clean until proven otherwise. What you need to do is explain to me how so many people from such a tiny country can all be so much faster than everyone else at the top end. Bolt could just be a once-in-a-generation really fast, really big guy who is 3/10 of a second faster than anyone else has ever been. That happens from time to time, but it doesn't explain everyone else that came out of nowhere for Jamaica to just blow people away. You are so sure that you must know the reason. They have a long history of being very competetive in sprinting, but they suddenly are now running away from people despite being behind after the start, and only in the very short distance sprint races that don't have hurdles in them.

They have won 11 sprinting medals this olympics, and have won 41 total in the country's history. I'm not sure why you'd even attempt to feign surprise that a sudden surge like that would raise eyebrows.

I don't know what is the reason.
I would have to check. But maybe money and practice possibilities, scouts etc.
Ethiopia and Kenya got the best long distance runners.
There are some nations that are better gifted in gens - it also has something to do with the history of a nation. (serbians as an ex. were walking nation which then made profits in sports, mainly team ones).

Maybe they discovered something better. Labs are finding new ways of "helping" the body to be better. Although I've heard a gossip that americans discovered a "wonder pill". How much truth is in that?

I'm not an expert but I base on what I see what people with knowledge say, what people who are deep into sports say (like sportsmen). I'm adding my own experiences.
Too me it's evident that in modern sport most if not all top athletes are stimulating themselves.

Obstructed_View
08-26-2008, 02:25 PM
I don't know what is the reason.
I would have to check. But maybe money and practice possibilities, scouts etc.
Ethiopia and Kenya got the best long distance runners.
There are some nations that are better gifted in gens - it also has something to do with the history of a nation. (serbians as an ex. were walking nation which then made profits in sports, mainly team ones).

Maybe they discovered something better. Labs are finding new ways of "helping" the body to be better. Although I've heard a gossip that americans discovered a "wonder pill". How much truth is in that?

I'm not an expert but I base on what I see what people with knowledge say, what people who are deep into sports say (like sportsmen). I'm adding my own experiences.
Too me it's evident that in modern sport most if not all top athletes are stimulating themselves.

Funny how you are defending them in one breath and condemning all of sports in another. There's some ulterior motive underneath your attitude, and debate on this issue is therefore as pointless as most of your arguments.

polandprzem
08-27-2008, 06:55 AM
What is pointless?

that the scale of doping is beyond logic of an average fan?

Defend them?
If everybody taking steroids is it a cheating?

I'm just pointing on a problem, I'm not judging anything.