PDA

View Full Version : Will the Real Anti-Christ Please Stand UP?

Nbadan
08-16-2008, 04:37 PM
We've all seen the McCain ad calling Obama 'the one' and wing-nut media shills and right-wing online darlins have taken it a step further by calling Obama the Anti-Christ.....sound outrageous?...'liberal leaning' CNN did a segment on it just the other day....but alas, some Colorado Springs biblical scholars have come up with their own theory that John McCain, who wants to stay in Iraq for 100 years and 'rebuild Babylon' is the actual real Anti-Christ as predicted by the book of Revelations....

RQoV_Ngl-G8
Is Obama the Anti-Christ?

Election Shocker!
posted by Robert Dreyfuss on 08/08/2008 @ 09:01am

Biblical scholars in Colorado Springs have uncovered startling evidence that Senator John McCain may be the Antichrist. Their conclusions, while highly controversial, may have a dramatic impact on the 2008 elections, since many Bible-believing Christians have already expressed doubts about McCain's fealty to Christianity.

The analysis was conducted by the respected True Bible Society, and it will be published next month in the End Times Journal.

The analysis was especially ironic, given that it came out just one day after McCain was accused of subtly hinting that Barack Obama could be the Antichrist. McCain ran a commercial depicting Obama as "The One," giving rise to charges that he was sending a subliminal messages to anti-Obama Christians.

"What started us looking at this issue is the fact that Senator McCain has declared his intention to maintain US forces in Iraq for a hundred years," said David Jenkins, a leading Biblical scholar. "That means that McCain wants to control Babylon for at least a century." According to many scholars of the Book of Revelation, the Antichrist will try to rebuild the ancient city of Babylon in order to use it as a springboard for an international effort at world domination. Ultimately, the Antichrist will marshal forces from Babylon to spark a showdown with Christian and Jewish-led forces in the battle of Armageddon.

"We believe that the End Times is near, based on the pattern of wars, earthquakes. and other strange phenomena we've been witnessing since the start of the New Millennium," said Jenkins. "Given that it may be imminent, the person who controls Babylon must be the Antichrist." Until 2003, many Christians believed that Saddam Hussein might be the Antichrist, since he started excavations to restore Babylon in the mid 1970s. But Hussein's death meant that the Antichrist is someone else. Since Obama wants to get out of Iraq, he can't be the Antichrist either, concluded Jenkins.

Jenkins said his teams suspicions were further heightened when genealogical research showed that McCain's great-grandfather was actually not John McCain, but John Mihai. Mihai is an ancient Romanian name, and according to Bible-believing Christians, the Antichrist is likely to be a Romanian. "What clinched it for us was that the name Mihai means 'who is like the Lord,'" said Jenkins. "As far as we're concerned, that was enough. It means that McCain might easily pretend to be the Redeemer."

McCain's geniality and folksiness are consistent with his being the Antichrist, Jenkins said. "Many people think that the Antichrist will be a evil-seeming leader, but in fact the Bible tells us that he will be charming."

So far the McCain campaign has refused to comment on Jenkins' study.

The Nation (http://www.thenation.com/blogs/dreyfuss/343356)

mavs>spurs2
08-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Makes sense since me might be succeeding the devil himself..

Nbadan
08-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Bomb, bomb, bomb...bomb, bomb Iran

tihd3W-YaSc

Tully365
08-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Ding ding ding ding! Congratulations! This is officially the one millionth guess on who the anti-christ is!

Sorry, no prize.

It's one thing to have a short news story about a silly trend on the internet, but it becomes completely absurd when the newscasters then try to engage in a serious question and answer session about it. If my memory serves me correctly, this keeps the record perfect for accusations against politicians running for president being the anti-christ. Here's what I remember as the "signs" from other candidates:

Clinton: his rosacea made his face red... like the devil!
Dole: has handicapped hand, cramped up & evil... like the devil!
Ronald Wilson Reagan: count the letters in his names... that's 6...6...6.... like the devil!
Jimmy Carter: where did the devil go in the Charlie Daniels song? That's right...Georgia! Coincidence?
Ross Perot: Too small to be the devil himself, but very easily could have been a high ranking demonite. Rumored to have a "616" birthmark!

Etc., etc.

td4mvp21
08-16-2008, 05:10 PM
I think it's bullshit to call either of them the anti-Christ.

Brutalis
08-16-2008, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if he was. Or any president was for that matter.

Tully365
08-16-2008, 07:28 PM
It's pretty nice to not believe in, and not have to worry about an anti-christ. Very relaxing...

marini martini
08-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Ding ding ding ding! Congratulations! This is officially the one millionth guess on who the anti-christ is!

Sorry, no prize.

It's one thing to have a short news story about a silly trend on the internet, but it becomes completely absurd when the newscasters then try to engage in a serious question and answer session about it. If my memory serves me correctly, this keeps the record perfect for accusations against politicians running for president being the anti-christ. Here's what I remember as the "signs" from other candidates:

Clinton: his rosacea made his face red... like the devil!
Dole: has handicapped hand, cramped up & evil... like the devil!
Ronald Wilson Reagan: count the letters in his names... that's 6...6...6.... like the devil!
Jimmy Carter: where did the devil go in the Charlie Daniels song? That's right...Georgia! Coincidence?
Ross Perot: Too small to be the devil himself, but very easily could have been a high ranking demonite. Rumored to have a "616" birthmark!

Etc., etc.

god, what have I been missing?:lmao:lmao:lmao

Vote Ron Paul!!!!:toast

jochhejaam
08-16-2008, 11:29 PM
The analysis was conducted by the respected True Bible Society
True Bible Society? :lol Baloney! Never heard of them and I'm wondering who it is that respects them other than nbadan...

So sad to post nonsense such as this, it's nothing but Democratic Underground b.s.

dg7md
08-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Christians never cease to amaze me...

jochhejaam
08-16-2008, 11:54 PM
The analysis was conducted by the respected True Bible Society, and it will be published next month in the End Times Journal.

End Times Journal.
A blog for people who have had their eyes open to the serious deception of George W Bush, and the significance of Biblical prophecies in these dark and troubling days.
http://endtimesjournal.blogspot.com/2008/08/resurrection-of-body-of-christ.html
And the "story" is going to be posted here^^^^? Impressive, they probably have a readership of 10. :lol

rascal
08-17-2008, 12:19 AM
The problem with this is McCain is not charming.

RandomGuy
08-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Meh. Yet another reason to really dislike the book of Revelations.

Christians have been looking for the "anti-christ" for millenia, and have been forecasting the End of Days for just as long.

It tends to attract the kookiest of the kooky.

Mister Sinister
08-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Excellent....This should throw 'em off the scent....Er....Um.....Hey, look over there!

I Love Me Some Me
08-18-2008, 10:11 AM
You won't know who the anti-Christ is until it's too late.

Anti.Hero
08-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Come up with your own shit!

Stupid liberals keep trying to throw our stuff back at us. Pathetic!

Mr. Peabody
08-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Come up with your own shit!

Stupid liberals keep trying to throw our stuff back at us. Pathetic!

Aren't most liberals atheists? They don't believe in Christ, much less an anti-Christ.

Mister Sinister
08-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Aren't most liberals atheists? They don't believe in Christ, much less an anti-Christ.
Eh, I consider myself fairly liberal, and believe in both Optimus Prime and Megatr....Christ and the Antichrist.

Mr. Peabody
08-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Eh, I consider myself fairly liberal, and believe in both Optimus Prime and Megatr....Christ and the Antichrist.

Obviously, you don't believe that McCain is that Antichrist though, do you? And if McCain was the Antichrist, what would that make Obama....?

Mister Sinister
08-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Obviously, you don't believe that McCain is that Antichrist though, do you? And if McCain was the Antichrist, what would that make Obama....?
Well, naturally....hmm. Let's see...if McCain is the Antichrist, that doesn't necessarily make Obama anything in particular. He could just be...y'know. A guy. With a face. And stuff. Let's check up on all of Gregory Peck and Liev Schreiber's kids, to be safe. :downspin:

Mr. Peabody
08-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Well, naturally....hmm. Let's see...if McCain is the Antichrist, that doesn't necessarily make Obama anything in particular. He could just be...y'know. A guy. With a face. And stuff.

Or he could be....

http://swordattheready.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/obamamessiah2.jpg

Mr. Peabody
08-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Is this the final battle the Book of Revelations speaks of? The final triumph of the messiah over the antichrist....?

http://s.buzzfeed.com/static/imagebuzz/2008/8/11/11/0fe7289a6327b9bbb15980d58db1a928.jpg

Mister Sinister
08-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Or he could be....

http://swordattheready.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/obamamessiah2.jpg
Anybody got a Spear of Destiny lyin' around?

PixelPusher
08-18-2008, 01:25 PM
You can all loosen your sphincters...

"Left Behind" Authors: Obama Not Antichrist (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/08/14/left_behind_authors_obama_not.html)

By Michelle Boorstein
This may be a first for a presidential campaign: A debate about whether one of the candidates is the Antichrist.

The latest round began with the McCain campaign Web ad released earlier this month called "The One." The spot includes clips of Obama seeming to imply he is God's choice, shots of Charlton Heston, stairs in the clouds (to heaven?) and images that some say are meant to mimic those in the wildly popular "Left Behind" book series about the end of the world that feature the Antichrist.

Some Obama supporters pounced on the ad, which was released in early August, saying it deliberately was meant to stoke a debate that's been going on among some Christians for months: Whether Obama is the Antichrist.

"This was not some YouTube video put together in someone's basement. It was a professionally and carefully produced ad that had a much more sinister subtext that millions of Americans will pick up on," said the Eleison Group, which advises Democratic candidates on faith issues, in a statement. "This is the use of religion at its very worst in politics because it is an attempt to subtly and perhaps even subconsciously play on some of the deepest fears of millions of evangelical Americans."

Despite months of Antichrist chatter on the right, from the questions posed on the talk show of popular conservative host Glenn Beck to the horned-O coffee mugs, stickers and T-shirts for sale from conservative Web site RedState.com, the McCain campaign says its ad is being taken too seriously.

"This is absurd. It's obviously a lighthearted ad having some fun with Senator Obama's tendency to get carried away with audacious statements," campaign spokesman Brian Rogers said today in an e-mail.

The debate over the debate has gotten so intense that Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins, the authors of the "Left Behind" series, issued a statement clarifying that Obama is likely not the Antichrist in the Book of Revelation. "I've gotten a lot of questions the last few weeks asking if Obama is the Antichrist," Jenkins told Christian Newswire. "I tell everyone that I don't think the Antichrist will come out of politics, especially American politics."

LaHaye has said he recognized echoes of his books in the McCain ad.

Meanwhile, even political junkies seem to be getting Antichrist fatigue.

"The people who think Obama might be the Antichrist and the people who think the McCain campaign is cannily designing its campaign ads to exploit fears that Obama might be the Antichrist deserve each other," wrote Ross Douthat of the Atlantic.

Spurminator
08-18-2008, 01:27 PM
"The people who think Obama might be the Antichrist and the people who think the McCain campaign is cannily designing its campaign ads to exploit fears that Obama might be the Antichrist deserve each other," wrote Ross Douthat of the Atlantic.

:tu

BradLohaus
08-18-2008, 08:26 PM
I thought it was supposed to be Prince William:p:

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/141002prince-william.jpg

Nbadan
08-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Oh, Oh..

http://www.stewartsynopsis.com/images/bush_halo_a.jpg

Nbadan
08-18-2008, 09:08 PM
http://lh4.ggpht.com/smilehosting/RfkJag-0oJI/AAAAAAAAACs/9BcZRW1ILow/bush_god.jpg

Wild Cobra
08-19-2008, 12:07 PM
I thought one of the prophets of more modern times, Nostrodomeus?, said there were too many to be named...

Maybe most or all of them?

Mister Sinister
08-19-2008, 12:19 PM
I thought one of the prophets of more modern times, Nostradamus?, said there were too many to be named...

Maybe most or all of them?
Ficst the spelling. Yeah, Nostradamus said there were 3, and people have interpreted them to be Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of Frawnce, and Really, Really Tiny Guy; Adolf Hitler, Crazy German Mustache Aficionado, and someone or something named Mabus, which, IIRC, has been intepreted to be an amagalm of OsaMa and bush. Or so they say. I take a more biblical approach to my own interpretation of the Antichrist, this is just what I remember from all those random Nostradamus shows on the History Channel.

Wild Cobra
08-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Ficst the spelling. Yeah, Nostradamus said there were 3, and people have interpreted them to be Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of Frawnce, and Really, Really Tiny Guy; Adolf Hitler, Crazy German Mustache Aficionado, and someone or something named Mabus, which, IIRC, has been intepreted to be an amagalm of OsaMa and bush. Or so they say. I take a more biblical approach to my own interpretation of the Antichrist, this is just what I remember from all those random Nostradamus shows on the History Channel.
Well, if it was Nostradamus who I am recalling, then I disagree to what you say. Maybe it was someone else. I'm just not sure. My recollection is that the people responsible for WWI and WWII were both clearly identified, but that for WWIII, the term "too many" were used when it came to who would be responsibile. I just wish I remembered the subject better, and I don't have the time to research it.

From a biblical standpoint, since that is your concern, how many of the seven seals do you see as opened, and what are the circumstances?

I have done more research on the Bible than most, but not on the Apocalypse. Mine is mostly limited to the Torah.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2008, 01:28 PM
I only know of Nostradamus from that Orson Welles-narrated show, but the suggestion was Napoleon, Hitler and future middle eastern douchebag against whom the US and Russia would unite.

Mister Sinister
08-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Well, if it was Nostradamus who I am recalling, then I disagree to what you say. Maybe it was someone else. I'm just not sure. My recollection is that the people responsible for WWI and WWII were both clearly identified, but that for WWIII, the term "too many" were used when it came to who would be responsibile. I just wish I remembered the subject better, and I don't have the time to research it.

From a biblical standpoint, since that is your concern, how many of the seven seals do you see as opened, and what are the circumstances?

I have done more research on the Bible than most, but not on the Apocalypse. Mine is mostly limited to the Torah.
I don't see any of them opened, fo' sho'. I see things that could be interpreted, but nothing drastic enough for me to think "God damn you for adopting, Gregory Peck/Liev Schreiber."

Wild Cobra
08-19-2008, 02:32 PM
I don't see any of them opened, fo' sho'. I see things that could be interpreted, but nothing drastic enough for me to think "God damn you for adopting, Gregory Peck/Liev Schreiber."
Ftrom what little I remember of Revelations, I don't see any opened either. I was wondeing if I was wrong.

Mister Sinister
08-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Yeah. I mean, there's no denying that the world isn't exactly in great shape, but things haven't gone from bad to apocalyptic yet.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Every generation has a number within them that thinks they are living in the end times. It's hubris more than anything.

Booharv
08-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Man being an atheist totally rules.

dav4463
08-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Johnny Rotten?

JoeChalupa
08-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Being Catholic rocks baby!!!!!!!