PDA

View Full Version : Spur Fans- Who are your all time favorite players?

Brutalis
08-18-2008, 03:32 AM
LJ revising the voting on the all time Spurs got me wondering who are your all time favorite players? Non-Spur players too? And tell us why. Here's my list:

1. David Robinson
he's the reason i became a fan, great leader and person
2. Tim Duncan
all time top 5 nba player for sure
3. Manu Ginobili / Tony Parker
love 'em both the same, trying to pick one would be like a mother trying to pick her favorite child
4. George Gervin
woe ye of little faith, behold, the iceman cometh
5. "Pistol" Pete Maravich
top 5 player as far as fundamentals and skills are concerned, battled drug/alcohol problems which limited his career, i imagine if he was sober how he would have tore the nba a new butt hole, found himself and died a hero's death, i admire this person so much
6. Joe Johnson
local boy, watched him play in HS, thump opponents with the razorbacks, now he thumps the pros. such a nice guy he carried a convo with me and i dream of him in a spurs uni every night. celts fucked up bad trading him for shit
7. Chris Webber
lacked mental toughness and abused drugs, if he could have upped his passion and will to win and quit bad habits his skills alone would have had him up there with the all time greats, nobody could deny that much

MrChug
08-18-2008, 06:44 AM
1. Chris Mullin-Just the consumate gym rat with the BBIQ that may equal or surpass anyone on this list. I always thought basketball was a thinking mans game, and with little athleticism or speed, he always figured a way to out think his opponent. Dennis Rodman: "I hated guarding Chris Mullin. Youd think 'I'm playing pretty good defense on this guy and somehow he has 40'".
2. Larry Bird-The blueprint to a Mullin, I liked Larry's game more of course, but he was always a bit to arrogant or smug to put him first. But I was just always in awe watching someone who looked and moved like the manager at your country feed store. To still "out-passion", out think, out work, and out NUT all he faced.
3. Manu Ginobili-It's amazing this guy hasn't died on the court yet with his wreckless play and innovative methods of getting to the basket in addition to adding a helluv an outside shot, another in this list of thinkers and great basketball minds.
4. David Robinson-It could be said that 5-0 didn't have the highest basketball I.Q., but brute God-given talent and phisique, but he was still 5-0. A great man and the reason I really got BACK into basketball.
5. Paul Pierce-My 2nd favorite player in the game today, another dominant leader without the physical attributes of a Jordan, VC, Drexler or Lebron. I love his all around game, and heart. Oh, and any cat that can take 9 shanks and come back to win a ring is pretty tough in my book.
6. Clyde Drexler-Met and played with this guy when I was a kid in Portland and there is none nicer. I won't talk about his game, it speaks for itself...but he was definitely worth a ticket to go see. It's been said that had it not be for MJ, we would be gushing about Clyde and all the things he could do.
7. Chuck Barkley-I even loved Chuck's personality when everybody hated him. His game was phenomenal to say that he was ENORMOUSLY undersized and that he still put together some of the most dominant seasons I've ever seen in basketball.
8. Michael-well...uhhhh....hmmm
9. Jamal Mashburn-I loved "The Monster Mash" for alot of reasons but mostly because I patterned my game after him. Dude would rock the post, the 3 point line, off the dribble, and was easily one of the ugliest dudes in the league :lol. Injuries took him away from us WAY too early, but it was fun while it lasted and nice to see him as an NBA Analyst.
10. Dream-Hakeem was hard not to like and once again, dominant, smart, knew how to win, and be a nice guy too. In the Barkley/Jordan heyday, Olajuwon proved he could be as good if not better than all of them on occasion.

urunobili
08-18-2008, 08:40 AM
1- David Robinson he is the reason why i Started following the NBA and made myself a Spur fan. His behavior on and off the court made him my role model.

2- Tim Duncan his greatness shines in such a way that is light for only those who are able to perceive what he is all about

3- Manu Ginobili The most exiting, competitive and fearless player i have ever seen. Period

4- Andres Nocioni Homer kind of decision but his heart is big as Texas. He is the wildest player i haver ever seen and that loves physical contact that much.

5- Luis Scola he is a "B+" version of TD. When he plays for Argentina and his heart is on display there's no one that can deny him

6- Tony Parker his speed is just incredible. He has made me shout and scream with lots of clutch shots lately that have erased early doubts I had about him

7- Bruce Bowen his selfless style and his devotion to D makes him one of my all time favorites to watch

8- Charles Barkley in the 90's he was my most exiting player to watch and the only one i liked after the admiral

9- Kobe he has changed his attitude a whole lot for me to like him. Seeing him as the ONLY team USA player going to see all the other sports disciplines (he did Argie female Hockey, Argie Soccer, Michael Phelps, Gymnastics and now Athletics) and that raised his stock with me dramatically

10- Lebron James this guy is just engineered physically to play basketball. He also is humble and that really counts for this list

mrspurs
08-18-2008, 08:58 AM
larry kenon

Sissiborgo
08-18-2008, 09:00 AM
1. Tim Duncan:D

rj215
08-18-2008, 09:07 AM
1. Duncan - greatest PF hands down
2. D.Rob - top 50 all time and just awesome human being
3. Jordan - must see athlete who is the greatest of all time
4. Reggie Miller - clutch esp. against the Knicks
5. Dr. J - dunks and class

ambchang
08-18-2008, 09:40 AM
David Robinson – No other centre can move with such speed and power. Not the greatest in terms of basketball skills, but he was just so much fun to watch due to his athleticism. BTW, other than Hakeem, there hasn’t been a player who could dominate defensively as much as he does (I have not watched Russell play)

Magic Johnson – Nobody can orchestrate an offense better, ever. You can literally see his passion for the game.

Manu Ginobili – His herky jerky basketball style is unorthodox to say the least, but it is killer instinct and will to win that puts in so much drama whenever he is in a close game.

Hakeem Olajuwon – Most beautiful post moves and dominant defensive force. Agile and graceful on the court.

Clyde Drexler – So smooth, his nickname describes his high-flying game.

Tim Duncan – Brought 4 championships to my favourite team.

Charles Barkley – He holds the ball forever and kills the offense most of his career in Philly, but that is still a better option than passing the ball to his suckass teammates back then.

George Gervin – Finger roll.

Stephen Jackson – The man has no fear.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar – He is the fundamental before Duncan. There is just so much grace in his game.

Bruce Bowen – He is about as fun to watch for most fans as a botched lobotomy, but he has turned perimeter defense into a pure art form.

Steve Nash – The system played its part, but there wouldn’t be a system without Nash. He rare makes a mistake on offense.

John Stockton – Probably blasphemy coming from a Spurs fan, but if Robinson ever had a PG of Stockton’s caliber, he would have averaged 35ppg for his career, won 3 MVPs and won 2 titles before Duncan came on board, unlike that ugly choker Malone.

Gheorge Muresan – He is so slow, but he does have real basketball skills with his shooting and passing.

ArgSpursFan.
08-18-2008, 10:07 AM
My All Times Top 10
1-the King Of All Kings: M.j
2- Magic
3-l.bird
4-chamberlain
5-kareem
6-dr J
7-manu
8-td
9-kobe
10-lebron

baseline bum
08-18-2008, 10:08 AM
1. Tim Duncan
2. David Robinson
3. Charles Barkley
4. Michael Jordan
5. Magic Johnson

I. Hustle
08-18-2008, 11:09 AM
1. Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ – In highschool he was the only player I could really pattern my game after. I shot from the corner and always stayed on the baseline. I loved the way he played.
2. David Robinson – To me he was the best at his position. Yeah some of the other centers were more dominant but lets see any of them do a 360 dunk.
3. Manu – The way he puts it all on the line each and every game is something to be admired.
4. Tim Duncan – He’s the franchise fool!
5. CB34 – Charles Barkley was one of my faves when he was playing and I had every pair of his shoes. Those were the shiznit back then.
6. Shawn Kemp – I thought the dude was a beast in his prime.
7. *23* - nuff said
8. Tim Hardaway – For that Killer Crossover
9. Tony Parker – Because well he’s TP
10. I think I will round it out with myself because before I got hurt I loved to watch myself on TV (we took turns videotaping each others games)

lefty
08-18-2008, 12:14 PM
1. Chris Mullin-Just the consumate gym rat with the BBIQ that may equal or surpass anyone on this list. I always thought basketball was a thinking mans game, and with little athleticism or speed, he always figured a way to out think his opponent. Dennis Rodman: "I hated guarding Chris Mullin. Youd think 'I'm playing pretty good defense on this guy and somehow he has 40'".
2. Larry Bird-The blueprint to a Mullin, I liked Larry's game more of course, but he was always a bit to arrogant or smug to put him first. But I was just always in awe watching someone who looked and moved like the manager at your country feed store. To still "out-passion", out think, out work, and out NUT all he faced.
3. Manu Ginobili-It's amazing this guy hasn't died on the court yet with his wreckless play and innovative methods of getting to the basket in addition to adding a helluv an outside shot, another in this list of thinkers and great basketball minds.
4. David Robinson-It could be said that 5-0 didn't have the highest basketball I.Q., but brute God-given talent and phisique, but he was still 5-0. A great man and the reason I really got BACK into basketball.
5. Paul Pierce-My 2nd favorite player in the game today, another dominant leader without the physical attributes of a Jordan, VC, Drexler or Lebron. I love his all around game, and heart. Oh, and any cat that can take 9 shanks and come back to win a ring is pretty tough in my book.
6. Clyde Drexler-Met and played with this guy when I was a kid in Portland and there is none nicer. I won't talk about his game, it speaks for itself...but he was definitely worth a ticket to go see. It's been said that had it not be for MJ, we would be gushing about Clyde and all the things he could do.
7. Chuck Barkley-I even loved Chuck's personality when everybody hated him. His game was phenomenal to say that he was ENORMOUSLY undersized and that he still put together some of the most dominant seasons I've ever seen in basketball.
8. Michael-well...uhhhh....hmmm
9. Jamal Mashburn-I loved "The Monster Mash" for alot of reasons but mostly because I patterned my game after him. Dude would rock the post, the 3 point line, off the dribble, and was easily one of the ugliest dudes in the league :lol. Injuries took him away from us WAY too early, but it was fun while it lasted and nice to see him as an NBA Analyst.
10. Dream-Hakeem was hard not to like and once again, dominant, smart, knew how to win, and be a nice guy too. In the Barkley/Jordan heyday, Olajuwon proved he could be as good if not better than all of them on occasion.

That's a pretty good list; I have to agree :tu

I would add Magic Johnson

And Latrell Spreewell maybe :D

Admiral
08-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Aside from Spurs players, I enjoy/enjoyed watching these guys play (in random order):

Antonio McDyess - think Denver Nugget days, pre-knee injuries
Mark Price - one of the most underrated PGs ever
Vin Baker - think Milwaukee Bucks days, pre-depression, pre-alcoholism
Charles Barkley - loved his fire and tenacity
Kevin Garnett - plays with a lot of passion
Shawn Kemp - had some of the best dunks I've ever seen
Magic Johnson - great leader
Dominique Wilkins - one of the best scorers I've ever watched
Latrell Sprewell - always liked his fearlessness on the court
Kevin Johnson - under appreciated for a guy who averaged 20 and 10

Biggems
08-18-2008, 08:24 PM
1. David Robinson
2. Isaih Thomas
3. George Gervin
4. Dominique Wilkins
5. Bruce Bowen
6. Tim Duncan
7. Manu Ginobili
8. Sean Elliott
9. Alvin Robertson
10. Bill Laimbeer
11. Joe Dumars
12. Rony Seikaly
13. Adrian Dantley
14. Kevin Durant
15. LaMarcus Aldridge
16. Kevin Willis
17. Rasho Nesterovic
18. Brent Barry
19. Alex English
20. Tony Parker

Some of my favorite NBA names:

World B Free
Kurt Nimphius
Fat Lever
Rory Sparrow
Kelly Tripucka
Detlef Schrempf
Lou Alcindor
Zarko Paspaj
Fennis Dembo

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
08-18-2008, 08:48 PM
1. Michael Jordan
2. Manu Ginobili
3. Andres Nocioni
4. Tim Duncan
5. Larry Bird
6. Arvydas Sabonis
7. John Stockton
8. Bruce Bowen
9. Tony Kukoc
10. Pepe Sanchez

Kori Ellis
08-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Tim Duncan - the reason I'm a Spurs fan
Michael Jordan - self-explanatory
Stephen Jackson - my favorite former Spur
Reggie Miller - UCLA connection
Jeff Hornacek - I don't really know why
Truck Robinson - my favorite player on the Suns when I was growing up in Phx - we even had a dog named after him
Kyle Macy - my baskeball crush when I was a kid
Bruce Bowen - he does a job nobody wants to do and does it well. he has an incredible work ethic
Quentin Richardson - I don't know why other than I used to have Clips season tix
Kobe Bryant - because he's awesome

Honorable mention: LeBron - will probably end up being in my type 5 eventually.

timvp
08-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Kyle Macy - my baskeball crush when I was a kid

http://www.collegeinsider.com/angela/images/lento-kylemacy.jpg

Interesting.

:bike:

Kori Ellis
08-18-2008, 09:15 PM

Interesting.

:lol I knew you'd pull out that picture... it was decades ago. :lol

Anyway, I won't mention that your favorite player of all time is Andre Miller. :wow

Brutalis
08-18-2008, 09:16 PM

Interesting.

http://www.wikihow.com/Handle-Jealousy

http://discoveryhealth.queendom.com/jealousy_men_abridged_access.html

;)

MrChug
08-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Some of my favorite NBA names

CHUBBY COX...seriously, look it up! :lmao

duncan228
08-18-2008, 09:35 PM
My main 2:

Duncan: For who he is on and off the court. Class personified. His only goal is to win, and win the right way. No showboating, no ego that we are allowed to see. An incredible leader, a great teammate. A family man. Gives back to each community that he's been involved with; South Texas, US Virgin Islands, and North Carolina.

Bird: The reason I'm an NBA fan. He was something else. A fierce competitor. A winner. And the way he talked trash was so much fun. The Bird/Magic years were some of the most fun I've had watching this game.

A few others:

Jordan
Magic
Hakeem

Kobe
Manu
LeBron

I like watching any player that leaves it all on the court. The greats do/did it most games. Others have their moments. I appreciate any player that brings it and lets me see it.

E20
08-18-2008, 09:39 PM
I can't make a list. There are simply too many players that I like to watch. But Robinson, Duncan, Ginobili, Parker and Bowen are in there.

meestahmeestah
08-18-2008, 09:57 PM
No love for the A-Train here? Tsk, tsk.

:depressed

Drom John
08-19-2008, 09:02 AM
1) Duncan -- I was a Deacon season ticket holder. My father was a Spur season ticket holder. The lottery brings us together. And I like fundamentals.

2) B.J. Armstrong -- I was at Iowa at the time. Another classy guy. He's the player I thought I could be, in my dreams.

3) Wes Unseld -- If he scored 10+ pts it meant the Bullets were losing. Best baseball passer.

4) Gus Johnson -- My first favorite. He'd win slam dunk contests if they had been invented.

5) Julius Erving -- First as a Squire. The first of the jaw dropping flyers.

TDMVPDPOY
08-19-2008, 09:27 AM
1.michael jordan - first game i watch on free2air tv in australia was one of the finals game against the blazers, was not a big fan of him. But probably one of the reasons why i picked up a ball and started playin hoops at 8yrs old.

2.patrick ewing - i was a jordan hater since everyone was on his nutts at primary school, so i had to go for the knicks to beat his teams... :(:( got bored of him and the knicks when they kept on losin to the damn cows

3. david robinson - friend had a hoops david best card, fukn muscles :D:D caught my eye, and the jersey looks nice with no.50 in black n white :D...ride his jocks until he was abuse by fukn hakeem which pissed me off.

4. tim duncan - lookin at the progress of those struggling spurs :(:( thank god we landed TD, i was really lookin forward to him and the impact he was going to bring to the spurs, whatta turn around.

5. latrell sprewell - liked his highlights when he was with the warriors, then liked the way he played against us in the 99 finals (fukn dreadlocks :D:D and no not the girly hairstyle he styled while with the wolves), man i was really hoping he would get traded or sign with the spurs....

SPURSGOAT
08-19-2008, 01:28 PM
My top 5 of all time...

1 Bird
2 Jordan
3 Duncan
4 Ginobli
5 Hakeem

Honorable mention... moving up the list...

Parker
King James

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-19-2008, 01:36 PM
1. Sean Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_
:rollin

vander
08-19-2008, 01:51 PM
#1-5 DROB!!!!
#6 TD
#7 Sean Elliott
#8 Reggie Miller
#9 Hakeem
#10 Kevin Johnson

angel_luv
08-19-2008, 02:10 PM
My picks are in alphabetical order since I like them each so much it is hard to rate them.

Beno Udrih- He had a great rookie year and in that time, I met him for the first time.
It was Dec 2004 and I was in the lobby of the Four Seasons in Houston Texas where I had ( truly) accidentally run into the entire Spurs team.
Beno came out of the elevator and walked into the area where I was sitting.
He saw my Spurs shirt and he smiled at me and I have loved him ever since.
I don't care how many silly stunts he's pulled.

Boki Nachbar- He was my favorite player when I lived in Houston was forced to watch mostly Rockets games on television.

Brent Barry-When he gets his shot going, he is so fun to watch. He was great to help the kids of our community along with his wife, Erin.
And he is so funny in interviews etc; he has made me laugh so much my stomach hurt ( like when he introduced the team during the Tip Off Luncheon)

Bruce Bowen- Bruce Bowen is one of the coolest Spurs I think.
I love that he gives his all every game and love how he gets under people's skin. ( Ray Allen)
Also Bruce speaks at Christian faith night after games and always has such encouraging things to say. It is awesome of him to give his time like that. He is a great example, I think.

David Robinson- He's David Robinson

Hedo Turkoglu-I have always liked him. I knew he had it in him to play as he did this past season ( Most Improved Player- oh yea! :) ). And I expect even more greatness out of him this year.

Malik Rose- He was one of my first favorite Spurs when I personally became a basketball/ Spurs fan.
As a kid, I watched and rooted for the Celtics with my dad.
But the Spurs were the first team I ever followed purely because of the joy it brought me .
Malik was the player I always wanted Pop to put in because I trusted him to hustle and help turn things around.
And a person, there are few people, celebrities especially, that I have met that are nicer than Malik.

Manu Ginobili- He has a passion and enthusiasm for basketball and life in general that is contagious.
He is a star in every sense except he lacks the ego.
Also he is super nice and funny. Really, what's not to love?

Rasho Nesterovic-I had a good feeling about Sho from the moment I heard Pop had signed him.
I had high expectations of Sho and he exceeded them- especially in regards to his defense.
I don't see how people could help but like Sho. He was always super nice to me.

Robert Horry- Once his big shots belonged to San Antonio, I realized that he is a very cool dude.
Robert Horry is a favorite of mine because I absolutely detested him when he first became a Spur and he completely won me over.

Sean Elliott - The man is a basketball legend ( Memorial miracle- what!) and a broadcasting genius!

Tim Duncan.-I started watching the Spurs when they drafted because I wanted to see if he was really as good as everyone was saying he was.
He was and is. :)
Also, I have had an even increased affection for Timmy ever since he dressed up as the Crucian (spelling?) Shaman for the Tip Off Luncheon a few years back.

angel_luv
08-19-2008, 02:11 PM
#1-5 DROB!!!!
#6 TD
#7 Sean Elliott
#8 Reggie Miller
#9 Hakeem
#10 Kevin Johnson

Sean Elliott

:lol Is there purposefully that reaction when you spell his name with just one
"T" as I nearly posted.

Magic_Johnson
08-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Magic Johnson
Few guards were as silky smooth in transition as Magic, and considering he was like 6'9 and 250, shows how athletic he really was. Plus his versatility is unmatched, he could play C and drop 40, and his rivalry with Bird was great.

Hakeem Olajuwon
great on both end of the floor,soft touch around the basket, great footwork, vast array of fake moves, could defend at the perimeter in clutch situation.

Michael Jordan
the best

Tim Duncan
mainly because i've never seen a superstar so humble, one of the most efficient players of all time.

SenorSpur
08-19-2008, 07:54 PM
George Gervin - The prolific scoring machine known as the Iceman. Dazzled opponents and fans with his feathery touch and uncanny shot selection. A master of shooting angles and degree of diffculty, he could get his shot off, up and over anyone - anytime - anywhere. So many times, I watched opposing defenders and centers leap and extend as far as they could to block one of his classic fingerolls. They never did. An underrated rebounder.

Julius Erving - The reason I became interested in basketball, at any level. Never before had I seen the rare combination of scoring, rebounding, and high-flying ability. The good Doctor was one of the greatest players ever on the court and a true sportsman, and intellectual gentleman off the court.

David Robinson - Probably THE most athletically-gifted center to ever play the game. Great scorer, great rebounder, shot-blocker and defender. Ran the floor as well as any guard in his prime. Loved his two-hand tomahawk jam. Even if he hadn't played for the Spurs, I still would've loved his game.

Hakeem Olajuwon - Style, grace, moves and quick-cat footwork. Fierce competitor. Unstoppable scoring machine, tenacious shot-blocker and relentless rebounder. Skills honed at the school of Moses.

Dominique Wilkins - The Human Highlight Reel was the most explosive and violent dunker of all-time. Became an unstoppable and proflic scorer when his jump shot improved.

Michael Jordan - The game's ultimate weapon and perfect player. As dominant and tenacious on the defensive end as he was a scorer. The guy virtually had no weaknesses and was the fiercest competitor the league had ever seen. Love to watch him "one-up" any young upstart or rival that tried to disrespect him. There's no question he was the best player to ever lace them up.

Magic Johnson - Totally revolutionized the point guard position. Big enough to see over defenders, strong enough to post up opposing players and fast enough to outrun everyone. The man virtually brought the art of the assist back in vogue into the league. Master of the triple-double. His impact on the Lakers and the NBA could never be measured.

Alvin Robertson - An unlikely pick, however I simply loved watching this guy play. During his heyday, he was as good as any guard in the NBA - especially once his offense improved. An absolutely ferocious defender, he would master the art of the steal. Whether it'd be playing passing lanes on simply on-the-ball defense, he would routinely strip the ball away from unsuspecting guards. Rebound the ball, run the break, setup teammates or take in to the hole himself. As complete a player as any one of his peers. I'm glad he played for the Spurs and I'm glad I had the chance to see him close up.

Moses Malone - One of the league's more dominant, and underrated, frontline players through late 70's and '80s. Malone langquished in virtual obscurity for some very bad Houston teams in the late '70's. Yet he was always a perennial league leaders in both scoring and rebounding. A relentless and ferocious offensive rebounder, he was THE reason the Sixers finally broke through and won a title in 1983. Credit him for helping teach and develop Hakeem into the relentessly, great player that he eventually become.

Larry Bird - One of the most complete and dominant players ever. His greatness transformed those Celtics teams he played for.

Rick Barry - Yes, Brent's Daddy. He was one of the most prolific scorers and certainly one of the most fundamentally sound and intelligent players ever. The most underrated part of his game was his passing ability.

Pete Maravich - The Pistol was not just a scoring machine, but he was an absolute wizard with the basketball.

timvp
08-19-2008, 08:08 PM
1. Avery Johnson
2. AJ
3. The Little General
4. Taz
5. Red Beans

:hat

Tully365
08-20-2008, 06:57 PM
George Gervin - The prolific scoring machine known as the Iceman. Dazzled opponents and fans with his feathery touch and uncanny shot selection. A master of shooting angles and degree of diffculty, he could get his shot off, up and over anyone - anytime - anywhere. So many times, I watched opposing defenders and centers leap and extend as far as they could to block one of his classic fingerolls. They never did. An underrated rebounder.

Julius Erving - The reason I became interested in basketball, at any level. Never before had I seen the rare combination of scoring, rebounding, and high-flying ability. The good Doctor was one of the greatest players ever on the court and a true sportsman, and intellectual gentleman off the court.

David Robinson - Probably THE most athletically-gifted center to ever play the game. Great scorer, great rebounder, shot-blocker and defender. Ran the floor as well as any guard in his prime. Loved his two-hand tomahawk jam. Even if he hadn't played for the Spurs, I still would've loved his game.

Hakeem Olajuwon - Style, grace, moves and quick-cat footwork. Fierce competitor. Unstoppable scoring machine, tenacious shot-blocker and relentless rebounder. Skills honed at the school of Moses.

Dominique Wilkins - The Human Highlight Reel was the most explosive and violent dunker of all-time. Became an unstoppable and proflic scorer when his jump shot improved.

Michael Jordan - The game's ultimate weapon and perfect player. As dominant and tenacious on the defensive end as he was a scorer. The guy virtually had no weaknesses and was the fiercest competitor the league had ever seen. Love to watch him "one-up" any young upstart or rival that tried to disrespect him. There's no question he was the best player to ever lace them up.

Magic Johnson - Totally revolutionized the point guard position. Big enough to see over defenders, strong enough to post up opposing players and fast enough to outrun everyone. The man virtually brought the art of the assist back in vogue into the league. Master of the triple-double. His impact on the Lakers and the NBA could never be measured.

Alvin Robertson - An unlikely pick, however I simply loved watching this guy play. During his heyday, he was as good as any guard in the NBA - especially once his offense improved. An absolutely ferocious defender, he would master the art of the steal. Whether it'd be playing passing lanes on simply on-the-ball defense, he would routinely strip the ball away from unsuspecting guards. Rebound the ball, run the break, setup teammates or take in to the hole himself. As complete a player as any one of his peers. I'm glad he played for the Spurs and I'm glad I had the chance to see him close up.

Larry Bird - One of the most complete and dominant players ever. His greatness transformed those Celtics teams he played for.

Rick Barry - Yes, Brent's Daddy. He was one of the most prolific scorers and certainly one of the most fundamentally sound and intelligent players ever. The most underrated part of his game was his passing ability.

Pete Maravich - The Pistol was not just a scoring machine, but he was an absolute wizard with the basketball.

Great list.
I'd add Earl the Pearl Monroe, whose ball-handling, spin moves, and passing were all so original and influential, especially to Magic, and Bill Russell, who made it cool to love playing defense.

birdy219
08-20-2008, 08:15 PM
1. MJ used to despise him,but he grew on me like no other player has:worthy:

2. Dr. J The reason that I am a life long fan :hat

3. Charles Barkley phenomenal :king

4. Isaiah Thomas great warrior :tu

5. Tim Duncan I love every thing about him :makeout

6. Kevin Johnson great heart :toast

7. David Robinson great man :angel

8. Manu passionate warrior :ihit

9. Lebron I'm loving the king :bking

10. Joe Dumars- humble and defensive minded :fro

wisnub
08-20-2008, 08:21 PM
1. Tim Duncan - Reason why I play and like basketball. Master fundamentals lead to rapid improvement and by mastering one skill or more (in TD case: left bank shots, rebound) one can create niche n becoming successful in life. Some of his quotes also inspired me to become a better manager in company i worked for. Ex: "The time when there is no one there to feel sorry for you or to cheer for you is when a player is made."Tim Duncan.
2. Kobe - he is SUPERMAN, a guy who can beat an entire team by himself. Dont believe me? How bout 81 points in one game n not to mention couple of 50 points as well. Not to mention Championships.
3. Michael Jordan - This guy needs no introduction..I wanna be like Mike.
4. Lebron James - This man achieved unbeliavable statistics and strong body in such a young age.
5. Wilt Chamberlain - The only man in NBA ever reached 100 points in one game. He also got couple of championships as well.

sook
08-20-2008, 09:42 PM
1. Jerry West, i wasn't alive to watch him, but after i saw a couple of his games on NBA TV i couldn't help but fall in love with him.

2. Pistol P., made b-ball so much more entertaining.

3. Dream, greatest player in my team's history, never met a nicer guy, my first question to him being, "How tall are you?"

4. Tracy Mcgrady, for a guy having to carry a couple of d-leaguers most of his years, like last season it amazes me how this guy can stay on top of his game with the injuries and playoff misery even though i have seen VERY few perform to his level (Orlando vs Detroit 2003)

5. Ray Allen, GOD the first time i saw this guy shoot i couldn't help but try to mimic his form, just flawless.

6. Kareem, dad kept telling me countless stories of him when i was a kid and the sky hook was the first move he tried to teach me :).

7. Bird, a guy so unathletic, but so great.

8. Clyde D, gave the rox their 2nd ship :D

9. Tony Parker, amazes me how much this guy has polished his since he came into the league, i loved his finals performance vs the cavs.

10. Jordan, stayed all 4 yrs in college (the way it should be) and ascended to where no one, even today can reach him.

MrChug
08-23-2008, 10:42 PM
10. Jordan, stayed all 4 yrs in college (the way it should be) and ascended to where no one, even today can reach him.

Ummm...didn't he leave as a junior?!?!? :(

DarkMaverick
08-23-2008, 11:39 PM
1. David Robinson - 5-O is the reason i became a huge spurs fan!

2. Tim Duncan - Best Power Forward

3. Manu Ginobili - Just see him play!

4. Dwyane Wade - Plays big despite his size

5. Dwight Howard - He is a monster in the painted area.

6. Grant Hill - Classy! He could have been really huge if he wasnt injured.

7. Avery Johnson - The little general once said that he will not be disrespected - indeed he will not be.

8. Sean Memorial Day Miracle Man - Before Ginobili there was Sean.

Honorable Mention - Tony Parker, Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul

Admiral
08-24-2008, 12:33 AM
Ummm...didn't he leave as a junior?!?!? :(

You're right, Jordan left after his third year at UNC. He left early way before it became popular.

Fernando TD21
08-24-2008, 03:16 AM
Tim Duncan

Michael Jordan

Magic Johnson

Manu Ginobili

David Robinson

MrChug
08-24-2008, 10:25 AM
7. Avery Johnson - The little general once said that he will not be disrespected - indeed he will not be.

I think he said he will not be "mishandled".

century
08-24-2008, 02:27 PM
1. Jordan - still has no peers
2. Duncan - all results, no hype and shit
3. Kobe - incredible competitor
4. Barkley - funny and entertaining, was also a good player
5. Karl Malone - kicked Robinson's ass, one rude motherfucker, real NBA type
6. Nowitzki - always good for laughs come play-off time
7. Laimbeer - a thug
8. Bowen - limited talent but maximum effort
9. Divac - a truly nice guy, met him twice in SA and talked with him both times
10. Magic - well, magic...

FanSPURSatic
08-25-2008, 10:12 AM
No order

"Pistol" Pete Maravich - refer to Pistol by Mark Kriegel
Tim Duncan - the reason the spurs matter to anyone outside SA
Kevin Johnson - liked his game.
Clyde Drexler - loved the blocks on the backboard.
Reggie Miller- lights out.

MajorMike
08-25-2008, 10:23 AM
1. Larry Legend - the ugliest looking, worst physiqued best player ever; his defense was just as amazing as his jump shooting and this is back in the day when defense was uncool

2. Tim Fucking Duncan - nuff sed (and that's probably more than he would want said)

Shout out to the 'short' ugly white guys who played as ugly as they looked yet were so good - Kerr, Ainge, Paxton

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-25-2008, 12:00 PM
If they never donned the Silver and Black they are not in contention for consideration as one of my "favorite" players.

rascal
08-25-2008, 01:49 PM
1. Tim Duncan
2. David Robinson
3. Charles Barkley
4. Michael Jordan
5. Magic Johnson

How can Magic be on any Spur fans list? He always stuck the dagger in the spurs chances year after year.

Spurminator
08-25-2008, 01:57 PM
David Robinson
Bruce Bowen
Nolan Ryan
Craig Biggio
Warren Moon

JudynTX
08-25-2008, 04:11 PM
David Robinson
George Gervin
Tim Duncan
Manu

Texas_Ranger
08-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Duncan
MJ
Robinson
Bowen
DR J

senorglory
08-26-2008, 03:16 AM
David Robinson.
Hakeem.
Duncan.

Earle Campbell.

raspsa
08-26-2008, 03:25 AM
Bill Russell - because Defense wins championships
Tim Duncan - because Russell thinks he's great

Los Spurs
08-26-2008, 08:58 AM
David Robinson
Tim Duncan
And my current all time fav... Manu Ginobili

nhan
08-26-2008, 10:10 AM
1. Duncan + Robinson
2. Ginobili + Parker
3. George Gervin
4. Mike Conley + Greg Oden
5. Dwyane Wade

Manufan909
08-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Manu Ginobili
Michael Jordan
Larry Bird
Hakeem Olajuwon
Tim Duncan
David Robinson
Pete Maravich
Dirk Nowitski
Lebron James
Andres Nocioni

P.S. I somehow put ten withought even counting.:downspin:

phyzik
08-27-2008, 01:48 AM
In order, top ten all time favorites...

1. Robinson
2. Gervin
3. Bird
4. Duncan
5. Rodman
6. Thomas
7. Jordan
8. Manu
9. Stockton
10. Magic

Showtime24 LAKERS
08-27-2008, 01:58 AM
Kobe Jelly Bean Bryant, Mr. MVP Himself!! :king
fuck the haters who doesn't appreciate the greatness he has done in this the NBA.

Kamnik
08-27-2008, 03:22 AM
I will try to leave out Euro players as most wont know them.

So my NBA or future NBA list:

1. Manu Ginobili - the ultimate warrior

2. Steve Nash - not much of a body but he makes that up with crazy skill and fun to watch

3. Rasho Nesterovic - started to follow the NBA because of him

4. Dirk Nowitzki - awsome player and person

5. Deron Williams

6. Elton Brand

7. Tim Duncan - wants to win; not a stat or $ whore

8. Sheed - funny guy

9. Billups - like his post ups

-------------------------

I like players with warrior spirit, who play hard, who want to win, do not care so much for personal stats.

It is kind of easier to say which players i don like heh. (Lebron, Arenas, Garnett, Ben Wallace, Vujacic, Bynum, Gasol,.... )

kobyz
08-27-2008, 04:33 AM
1. Tim Duncan
2. Manu Ginobili

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-27-2008, 07:41 AM
My man Brutalis, I have been thinking about my five favourite players of all time re: the 31pt margin prediction and Bogut card. They are:

David Robinson
Tim Dancan
Manu Ginobili
Hakeem Olajuwon
Michael Jordan

I don't expect you to give me cards for those guys though. :depressed :lol

Will PM you soon. :)

Bonior
08-27-2008, 08:03 PM
Magic Johnson, no contest.

Fpoonsie
08-27-2008, 08:33 PM