PDA

View Full Version : 2008 vs 1992?

stretch
08-18-2008, 08:33 AM
BEIJING – With each successive blowout, each complete manhandling of competition exponentially greater than Magic, Michael and Larry could have fathomed, the question about the current USA men’s basketball team isn’t about redemption, it’s about greatness.

As in, is this the greatest basketball team ever assembled?

Could they even take the original Dream Team?

Immediate reactions of blasphemy aside, the debate is certain to heat up if Team USA continues its blitzkrieg of the Beijing Olympics and wins the gold.

The team play has been extraordinary, the defense suffocating and even the outside shooting precise. On top of its game, the 2008 team is a tour de force to behold, its 119-82 annihilation of world champion Spain being the finest indication that this, at the very least, is the best Olympic team since 1992. And that includes a rather dominant 1996 U.S. club.

“They wanted to show everyone they are superior, and they did,” shell-shocked Spanish center Pau Gasol said.

1992 DREAM TEAM
NAME POS. HT WT AFFILIATION
Charles Barkley F 6-6 250 Phoenix Suns
Larry Bird F 6-9 220 Boston Celtics
Clyde Drexler G 6-7 222 Portland Trail Blazers
Patrick Ewing C 7-0 240 New York Knicks
Earvin Johnson G 6-9 220 Los Angeles Lakers
Michael Jordan G 6-6 198 Chicago Bulls
Christian Laettner F 6-11 235 Duke University
Karl Malone F 6-9 256 Utah Jazz
Chris Mullin F 6-7 215 Golden State Warriors
Scottie Pippen G/F 6-7 210 Chicago Bulls
David Robinson C 7-1 235 San Antonio Spurs
John Stockton G 6-1 175 Utah Jazz

2008 REDEEM TEAM
NAME POS. HT. WT. AFFILIATION
Carmelo Anthony F 6-8 230 Denver Nuggets
Carlos Boozer F 6-9 258 Utah Jazz
Chris Bosh F 6-10 230 Toronto Raptors
Kobe Bryant G 6-6 220 Los Angeles Lakers
Dwight Howard F-C 6-11 265 Orlando Magic
LeBron James F 6-8 240 Cleveland Cavaliers
Jason Kidd G 6-4 210 Dallas Mavericks
Chris Paul G 6-0 170 New Orleans Hornets
Tayshaun Prince F 6-9 205 Detroit Pistons
Michael Redd G 6-6 215 Milwaukee Bucks
Dwayne Wade G 6-4 212 Miami Heat
Deron Williams G 6-3 205 Utah Jazz

Superior even to the original squad? Here’s why the argument, first broached by Mike Vaccaro of the New York Post, is at the very least a valid one.

The 1992 team didn’t need to bring its “best” team to Barcelona to roll through the Olympics. USA Basketball selected it in part based on personality, marketing and even lifetime achievement.

Magic Johnson had been retired for a year. The Larry Bird of ‘92 was long past his prime, six years removed from his final league most valuable player award.

John Stockton was chosen over Isiah Thomas because Michael Jordan didn’t want Thomas around. Twelfth-man Christian Laettner, the NCAA player of the year, was selected as a nod to the past days of collegians representing the country.

Those four players averaged the fewest points on the team. Not that any of it mattered. The U.S. outscored opponents by an average of 43.8 points per game and became a phenomenon in the process.

In 2008 there is no such luxury, not with the improved play of the rest of the world.

The final players on the current U.S. team are Tayshaun Prince and Michael Redd. Prince is a defensive stopper with his pterodactyl-like wing span. Redd is a dead-on outside shooter.

All 12 of the current American players are either in their prime or about to enter it. This team is younger, quicker and certainly more focused, mostly because it needs to be.

Comparing results at these games is almost futile. The 1992 team could party the night away in Barcelona, roll out of bed and still win by 40. There have been no reports of such a thing here, where preparation is paramount.

“We realize that we made a sacrifice to come out here, and part of it is our bodies need to sleep,” said Carlos Boozer. “This is what we signed up for. Let’s go do whatever it takes to get it. If it takes leaving the arena at one in the morning to get the gold medal, we’ll [do it to] get the gold medal.”

The thing is, had they needed to be, the 1992 team would’ve been just as focused. Jordan would have assured that.

If anything tilts the balance forever in the original team’s advantage, it is MJ. In the summer of 1992, he was 29 years old and in the middle of winning six NBA championships and five NBA MVPs, numbers that could’ve been higher had he not chosen to play baseball for a season and a half.

He is undeniably not only the greatest player in the history of the game, but arguably its greatest crunch-time player and, along with Bill Russell, the best at simply finding ways to win. If it came down to a final shot, who’s betting against him?

The current team, as talented as it is, would have no logical answer.

Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, considered the three best players and outrageously gifted in their own right, are all a step down from MJ.

However, the idea of Kobe defending Jordan, his idol, would be intriguing.

Conversely, the 1992 team has nothing quite like the physical freak that is the 6-foot-8, 240-pound LeBron. Scottie Pippen on him would be a hellacious matchup, though.

As good as the perimeter talent on the 1992 team was – especially Jordan, Pippen, Clyde Drexler and knock-down shooter Chris Mullin – the current squad is deeper and certainly capable of its own fireworks.

It is inside where the 1992 team would hold a significant advantage and likely determine the game.

The Dream Team’s post combinations were breathtaking – Patrick Ewing and David Robinson at center and Charles Barkley and Karl Malone at power forward, all in their prime. The current group of Dwight Howard, a tender 21 years old, Chris Bosh and Boozer would be overwhelmed and perhaps systematically fouled out. Carmelo Anthony, an uninterested defender, would have to be counted on here to help.

The only way for the current team to win would be to push the ball, score in transition and find a way to prevent the 1992 club from dumping it down low.

Could they do it?

The most difficult thing to determine is effort level. The 1992 team didn’t need it. This team is focused almost exclusively on it, especially on the defensive end.

“For 40 minutes we (want) to be nonstop movement and chaos,” said Chris Paul. “That’s what we try to do. We wreck havoc. Every time down we’re all over the point guards. Our big men are up, we’re not relaxing.”

In a single elimination game, that may or may not be enough.

“You will see a team of professionals in the Olympics again,” 1992 U.S. coach Chuck Daly said at the time, “but I don’t think you’ll see another team quite like this.”

If anything, you could argue that while the 1992 version may remain the greatest team ever assembled and one that would be favored in a hypothetical matchup, no team has ever played the game at a higher level than the current U.S. team.

stretch
08-18-2008, 08:34 AM
who do you got?

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-18-2008, 08:38 AM
92, no doubt.

JamStone
08-18-2008, 08:48 AM
I'm pretty sure there was a thread about this a while ago and the vast majority said 1992 in a landslide. But, the thing is, both Magic and Bird were past their primes, and Bird had serious back issues. I'm pretty sure he even was retired by that time. Everyone on the current US team is in their respective primes or not even their yet except Jason Kidd. I think it would be closer than many think. Original Dream Team has the advantage inside with Ewing, Robinson, Barkley, and Malone. The current team is actually more athletic.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a blowout either way.

stretch
08-18-2008, 08:56 AM
My breakdown:

PG - Johnson/Stockton vs. Kidd/Paul/Williams
SG - Jordan/Drexler/Mullin vs. Bryant/Wade/Redd
SF - Barkley/Bird/Pippen vs. James/Prince
PF - Malone/Laettner vs. Anthony/Boozer
C - Ewing/Robinson vs. Howard/Bosh

Keep in mind some factors... Magic was not the player he once was, and neither was Bird, as Magic already had been retired, and Bird retired after the olympics, and neither of them were playing quite at the level of guys like Chris Paul, Deron Williams, or Lebron James.

I think the 1992 Team has a clear advantage at the C position, while the 2008 team is clearly better at PG. Now while Malone > Carmello and Boozer, they both >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Laettner. Talent wise, even though he isnt really a PF, Carmello is definitley more talented than Malone. Unfortunately for a talent such as Carmello, he has a shitty attitude and doesn't play defense which gave Malone the advantage in my book. Also, call me crazy, and as much as I love Jordan, I would give the edge at SG to the 2008 team as well, mainly because Wade is playing at such a high level, and is unquestionably a better basketball player than Clyde ever was. SF is about a wash, mainly because of the depth of the 1992 team. But Lebron is definitely a better player than Barkley ever was, and is playing at a FAR higher level than both Bird and Pippen. I don't know where the writer of the article got the idea that Pippen would be a hellacious matchup for Lebron, as I think Lebron would make Pippen look absolutely stupid. Also, while people dog on the 2008 team for 3 point shooting, the 1992 team isnt too much better. Keep in mind that the competition that 2008 is facing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the 1992 competition.

It's really hard to say which team would win. 1992 team has MJ (their most unguardable player) and an advantage at the center position. 2008 team has 10x the athleticism, more overall talent, and Lebron (their most unguardable player). I think the 1992 team would have just as hard of a time stopping Lebron as 2008 would have stopping Jordan.

In a 7 game series, I give the edge to 2008.

monosylab1k
08-18-2008, 08:58 AM
The team with Michael effing Jordan.

stretch
08-18-2008, 08:59 AM
I'm pretty sure there was a thread about this a while ago and the vast majority said 1992 in a landslide. But, the thing is, both Magic and Bird were past their primes, and Bird had serious back issues. I'm pretty sure he even was retired by that time. Everyone on the current US team is in their respective primes or not even their yet except Jason Kidd. I think it would be closer than many think. Original Dream Team has the advantage inside with Ewing, Robinson, Barkley, and Malone. The current team is actually more athletic.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a blowout either way.

You pretty much got all my points covered. I think the thing that puts 2008 over the top is the athleticism/prime factors. IMO, they are considerably more athletic, and have more players in or reaching their primes. the 1992 team was actually a pretty old team when you look at it closely.

rj215
08-18-2008, 09:16 AM
The '92 would win because the 2008 team would be in awe and would probably want their autographs after the game like Angola...

stretch
08-18-2008, 09:26 AM
The '92 would win because the 2008 team would be in awe and would probably want their autographs after the game like Angola...

you might be one of the worst posters i have ever seen

lebomb
08-18-2008, 09:29 AM
LMAO.......... 92 in a landslide. I watched the 1992 team and also this 2008 team. Here is what I see.

The 1992 team played globetrotter basketball.....throwing buckets of confetti and shit on the floor, and still beat teams by 44pts a game. The 2008 team has stunk it up and also has blown people out........but, they have played their asses off to do it. If the 92 team was focused......they could have whooped all of their opponents by 70pts.

The 2008 team is good, but the 92 team had seasoned vets and they all could shoot rings around the 2008 team in my opinion. I watched a couple of games last week with the 08 team and they couldnt hit the side of a friggen bus.

Bron and company also would not be able to just run to the rim and dunk on everyone like they are doing against these olympic opponents.......Ewing, Malone, Barkley and Robinson would put a halt to that shit.

.................and then there is MJ. Nuff said :rolleyes

1992 >>>>>> 2008 and I dont think its all that close.

tlongII
08-18-2008, 09:31 AM
I think the 92 team is a little better because of the center position and MJ.

rj215
08-18-2008, 09:36 AM
you might be one of the worst posters i have ever seen

I figured my response was the only one I could give to your dumbass thread. I guess you watched 'The Redeem Team' got a boner off Kobe and Lebron and decided that hey this team could possibly beat the original Dream Team....WRONG!

And I'm so sorry I don't meet your high standards for posting but I actually haven't mastered it yet since I'm not some 18 year old pimple faced loser sitting in his mom's basement like you. Eat a dick.

JamStone
08-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Consider the competition in the 1992 Olympics.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 09:46 AM

Doesnt matter...........I personally think the 92 team would have been blowing out this years Olympic competition by 50-60pts a game.......playing the game like an All-Star game doing it. No look passes, alley oops, behind the back passes......throwin confetti at the refs and shit. :king

manufor3
08-18-2008, 09:46 AM
1992 in a landslide. You can't beat a team with MJ, Bird, Magic, Stockton, Ewing, Robinson, and Malone

lebomb
08-18-2008, 09:48 AM
People have very short memories............and those who dont, just were too young or werent even born in 92. That team was FAR superior than the one assembled now. PERIOD.

/ this dumbass thread.

ambchang
08-18-2008, 09:49 AM
If they play by international rules, the 92 team has players who can nail down outside shots just as well as the 08 team (probably better). 92 also had better passers and cutters.

If they play by NBA rules, the 92 team can dominate with the inside out game due to advantage in the post position.

I would love to see the game whenver Christian Laettner is on the floor though, he would probably look like me in an NBA game.

alamo50
08-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Oh, oh, oh, let´s have another official SpursTalk summer poll so that 80% idiots can vote for the 2008 team!

JMarkJohns
08-18-2008, 10:03 AM
Dream Team because they had more white guys :tongue

But in all seriousness, I'd have to say 1992, because they were more complete accross the board. Better overall shooting, as every one of their players could hit the jumper, including their big men, better defense, better rebounding, better size and they had Jordan. That's the trump card right there. I don't think MJ in 1992 is allowing his team to go down.

Not nobody, not no how...

TheNextGen
08-18-2008, 10:10 AM
2008 would win. 92 players we're already past thier prime....and competition were easier back then, showing how dominating this 2008 squad is.

monosylab1k
08-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Current team still doesn't shoot well enough. They get a large portion of their points off turnovers, something they won't have against the Dream Team. Easy steals for Dwyane Wade off Ricky Rubio or VSpan or some other shitty Euro isn't gonna happen against Magic or Stockton.

And the Dream Team can play good enough defense to force the 08 squad into jumpers they don't want to take.

Dream Team 100
Redeem Team 90

lebomb
08-18-2008, 10:23 AM
2008 would win. 92 players we're already past thier prime....and competition were easier back then, showing how dominating this 2008 squad is.

:lmao ........whatever.

Bird and Magic were a bit past their prime.......WHO else was?? Not Drexler, Malone, Ewing, DRob, Barkley, MJ, Pippen, Mullen .................Who else???

I would take a past the prime Bird and Magic over ALOT of current NBA players. I would take both over Tayshaun Prince and Kidd. So that nullifies those players.

The 92 players were much, much better shooters. All the way around........jump shots, 3pts, and free throws.

Pero
08-18-2008, 10:26 AM

Exactly.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 10:38 AM
http://systemfailure.files.wordpress.com/2006/08/nba_1992_dream_team.jpg

There is noway in hell anyone can convince me that the 2008 team can beat this group of guys.............no way.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Exactly.

Oh yeah, the US didnt play against any talent........ :rolleyes

I would say the talent they played against may have been better than the current world talent.

The 1992 Dream Team's Olympic Summary

Team USA cruised through its qualifying round with a 6-0 record. The team then took on Angola in the opening game of the Olympic competition. Barkley had 24 points in a team USA 116-48 romp. The Dream Team next took on a talented Croatia team and beat them soundly by 33 points, led by Jordan's 21. The United States team then defeated Germany (with later NBA All Star Detlef Schrempf and Uwe Blab) behind Larry Bird's 19 points and Karl Malone's 18. In the next game, seven USA players scored in double digits and Barkley set the new single game Team USA scoring record with 30 points in a 127-83 rout of Brazil. Team USA then closed out pool play with a resounding 122-81 drubbing of Spain.

In the quarter finals, Mullin scored a team high 21 points as the Dream Team scored a 115-77 victory over Puerto Rico. Team USA rolled on in the semis with a 51 point win over Lithuania (with then-current NBA player Šarūnas Marčiulionis and later NBA player Arvydas Sabonis). Nine US players scored in double figures. Jordan led the way in the gold medal game against Croatia (with five current or future NBA players in Dražen Petrović, Toni Kukoč, Dino Radja, Stojko Vranković, and Žan Tabak), scoring 22 points. Patrick Ewing had 15. Barkley had 17. The final game was the closest of the entire Olympics, with the Dream Team winning by 32 points in a 117-85 blowout to take the gold. The high point for Croatia was a brief 25-23 lead.

Barkley led the star-studded squad in scoring (with an average of 18.0 points per game and a field goal percentage of 71.1%)[9] followed by Mullin, who was also the second-leading scorer for the 1984 Olympic team. The Dream Team won the Olympic basketball tournament with an average margin of victory of 43.8 points and without coach Chuck Daly ever using a timeout.

monosylab1k
08-18-2008, 10:51 AM
What does the competition have to do with it? It's how they match up against each other. And the Dream Team has too much shooting and interior dominance for the Redeem Team to have a chance.

JMarkJohns
08-18-2008, 10:57 AM
What does the competition have to do with it? It's how they match up against each other. And the Dream Team has too much shooting and interior dominance for the Redeem Team to have a chance.

Not to mentinon the point you made about the Dream Team's offensive efficiency/ball care negating the Redeem Team's strength (forcing turnovers). 2008 would get enough to make things competative, but that was good analysis. If the Dream Team missed shots, they'd dominate the boards. They just have too many rebounders for the Redeem team to take advantage of an off-shooting night as well.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 11:06 AM
The only players on the 2008 squad that are on the same level.....not better, but the same level as the 92 players are Lebron and Kobe..........the 92 squad dominates in all other positions.

Im done with this debate, its dumb and not worth talking about.

Tippecanoe
08-18-2008, 11:08 AM
The only players on the 2008 squad that are on the same level.....not better, but the same level as the 92 players are Lebron and Kobe..........the 92 squad dominates in all other positions.

Im done with this debate, its dumb and not worth talking about.

i think its safe to put wade up there too. he's been phenomenal thus far.

Brutalis
08-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Dream Team easily.

Pero
08-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Oh yeah, the US didnt play against any talent........ :rolleyes

I would say the talent they played against may have been better than the current world talent.

Yeah, that's why there was so many non-US players in the NBA at the time, silly me.

Pero
08-18-2008, 11:15 AM

It doesn't. It's just that I doubt that if the dream team played today they would be winning by 40+ on average either.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 11:26 AM
i think its safe to put wade up there too. he's been phenomenal thus far.

Yes, yes Wade should be there as well.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 11:27 AM
It doesn't. It's just that I doubt that if the dream team played today they would be winning by 40+ on average either.

How old are you?

stretch
08-18-2008, 11:44 AM
I figured my response was the only one I could give to your dumbass thread. I guess you watched 'The Redeem Team' got a boner off Kobe and Lebron and decided that hey this team could possibly beat the original Dream Team....WRONG!

And I'm so sorry I don't meet your high standards for posting but I actually haven't mastered it yet since I'm not some 18 year old pimple faced loser sitting in his mom's basement like you. Eat a dick.

I'm sorry that I actually took the time to analyze each player and the matchups presented, and what each player is capable of doing, despite at first having the same viewpoint that the dream team would win without question. I havent seen a single person really analyze or do anything other than drawing wood over the fact that the dream team has jordan, and other old great players and beat everyone by 40 in their olympics. Right now people may not see it, but when you look back 20 years later, many of these players are going to be looked at as being just as great if not greater than the previous dream teams players.

And the only standard for being a good poster is to not be a fucking dumbshit. You clearly have not figured that out.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm sorry that I actually took the time to analyze each player and the matchups presented, and what each player is capable of doing, despite at first having the same viewpoint that the dream team would win without question. I havent seen a single person really analyze or do anything other than drawing wood over the fact that the dream team has jordan, and other old great players and beat everyone by 40 in their olympics. Right now people may not see it, but when you look back 20 years later, many of these players are going to be looked at as being just as great if not greater than the previous dream teams players.

And the only standard for being a good poster is to not be a fucking dumbshit. You clearly have not figured that out.

WRONGO.....dude Im 40yrs old and WATCHED both teams in the Olympics and as individual players in the NBA and its not even close IMHO. I think the 92 group of players are better as individuals and as a team. They shot WAY better back then. They also passed the ball much better and were better defenders. So, what exactly do you want me to say?? Im giving you my opinion based on what I actually saw.

stretch
08-18-2008, 11:53 AM
WRONGO.....dude Im 40yrs old and WATCHED both teams in the Olympics and as individual players in the NBA and its not even close IMHO. I think the 92 group of players are better as individuals and as a team. They shot WAY better back then. They also passed the ball much better and were better defenders. So, what exactly do you want me to say?? Im giving you my opinion based on what I actually saw.

I seen them both too, and I disagree on a lot of your points. Anyways, didnt you say that this topic was dumb and not even worth debating? So why do you keep posting here? You are such a cunt, seriously.

lefty
08-18-2008, 11:58 AM
1992 wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyy superior than 2008

lebomb
08-18-2008, 12:10 PM
I seen them both too, and I disagree on a lot of your points. Anyways, didnt you say that this topic was dumb and not even worth debating? So why do you keep posting here? You are such a cunt, seriously.

You dont know basketball at all..........Im out.

lefty
08-18-2008, 12:11 PM

Are you f.... kidding me ?

Jordan showed he could school most NBA players at the age of 38....and he was loke 28 in 92.
Same thing with Magic when he came back in 96.
Stock and Malone were the kind of players who never looked liked they were aging.
Dwight Howard is a beat on offense, but he couldn't have stopped Ewing or Robinson.

However, you do have a point with the competition being stronger in 2008 (although Petro, Kukoc and Oscar Shmidt were not bad at all)

MannyIsGod
08-18-2008, 12:15 PM
The team with Michael effing Jordan.

/thread

Trainwreck2100
08-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Seriously 1992 sent the best players+Christian Laetner, 2008 the best possible team isn't there.

JamStone
08-18-2008, 12:25 PM

It counters an argument that the Dream Team would win in a landslide because they beat their Olympic competition in 1992 by an average of more points. That argument on its face is not strong. If you put the current Team USA back in 1992, I believe they'd win by an average of around 40 points per game as well.

I'm not one to say the current Team USA would win. I'm just of the opinion that it would be a lot closer than others purport.

stretch
08-18-2008, 12:39 PM
You dont know basketball at all..........Im out.

you said you were out about 10 posts ago. GTFO fag

JamStone
08-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Seriously 1992 sent the best players+Christian Laetner, 2008 the best possible team isn't there.

The current team doesn't have some of the best players right now, like Duncan, KG, T-Mac and Amare. The 1992 Dream Team didn't include Isiah Thomas, Dominique Wilkins, Hakeem, and brought Laettner instead of Shaquille O'Neal.

Plus, Magic and Bird were past their primes. Magic was 33 and had HIV. Bird was 35 and retired.

ambchang
08-18-2008, 01:28 PM
I thought the dream team used one time throughout the whole tournament, and it was in the gold medal game, I will have to check my tape for that.

There was also never a game where it was a close game after more than 5 minutes, the dream team would come out and stomp the competition right off the bat, something that can't be said of the redeem team.

polandprzem
08-18-2008, 01:35 PM
2008 would win it

Magic was not dominant, Bird was playing in minority ...

btw. if they had FIBA rules 2008 got more edge, by NBA rules it would have been closer

Medvedenko
08-18-2008, 02:10 PM
I loved the 92 team and I believe with the low post threats that team would win. However, if the 2008 team made the game a track meet, they would win purely on athleticism.

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Melo
Howard......
I don't see Ewing, bird, Mullin, Stockton,magic keeping up. Only MJ, Malone Drob, and Scotty could keep up...

monosylab1k
08-18-2008, 02:13 PM
I loved the 92 team and I believe with the low post threats that team would win. However, if the 2008 team made the game a track meet, they would win purely on athleticism.

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Melo
Howard......
I don't see Ewing, bird, Mullin, Stockton,magic keeping up. Only MJ, Malone Drob, and Scotty could keep up...

Not sure how the game would be a track meet with Kobe bricking a 3 every opportunity he gets. Nevertheless, the 92 team has enough poise, discipline, and toughness to dictate the tempo. We'll see how long the Redeem Team lasts with Malone, Bird, & DRob putting people on their ass nonstop.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 02:48 PM

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Melo
Howard......

Kobe...... MJ
Lebron ...... Scotty
Wade....... Drexler
Melo ........ Malone
Howard ....... D Robinson

How in the hell could 92 not keep up...............:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Im out again.....bye. :(

stretch
08-18-2008, 02:52 PM

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Melo
Howard......

in all honesty, there isnt a single player on the 2008 team that isnt an excellent athlete. there is still Chris Paul, Deron, Bosh, Boozer, Prince... all great athletes. probably Redd and Kidd are the two least athletic, and both of them are actually very good athletes, better than like half of the 1992 team. and they are both really just seldom used specialists (passing/veteran leadership, and shooting)

lebomb
08-18-2008, 02:56 PM
in all honesty, there isnt a single player on the 2008 team that isnt an excellent athlete. there is still Chris Paul, Deron, Bosh, Boozer, Prince... all great athletes. probably Redd and Kidd are the two least athletic, and both of them are actually very good athletes, better than like half of the 1992 team. and they are both really just seldom used specialists (passing/veteran leadership, and shooting)

Ok seriously also.......Barkley was the leading scorer and is better than anyone left on the 08 squad. Chris Mullins could shoot the lights out. Stockton was well Stockton.......he avg. more assists than CP and Deron period......probably in every season. Ewing would destroy Chris Bosh down low.......the only weakness 92 had was Laettner. Hell, Bird could still out shoot anyone on team 08 even at his age. Sorry, I just totally disagree. 08 is in noway even close to as good as 92. Oh yeah........im out again. :ihit

lebomb
08-18-2008, 02:59 PM
PS...........magic at that time would TORCH CP, Kidd and Deron.......there is NOWAY they could handle a 6-8 magic with the ball. None of those guys could touch magic as a point guard. Magic was one of a kind.......HIV and all.

lebomb
OH ..............Im out.

stretch
Kobe...... MJ
Lebron ...... Scotty
Wade....... Drexler
Melo ........ Malone
Howard ....... D Robinson

How in the hell could 92 not keep up...............:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Im out again.....bye. :(

Kobe and MJ are a wash, although many people feel that Kobe actually is a superior athlete to MJ.

Lebron fucking blows Scotty away, are you retarded? No athlete in NBA history compares to Lebron.

Wade and Drexler are both good athletes but I would take Wade.

Malone was in fantastic shape at all times, but Carmello is a superior natural athlete.

Robinson was nice, but come-on... D-Howard has arguably the most complete athletic package of any center in NBA history.

Isn't this like your 4th post since saying you werent even going to address this topic anymore?

samikeyp
08-18-2008, 03:00 PM
1992 by double digits.

stretch
08-18-2008, 03:01 PM
PS...........magic at that time would TORCH CP, Kidd and Deron.......there is NOWAY they could handle a 6-8 magic with the ball. None of those guys could touch magic as a point guard. Magic was one of a kind.......HIV and all.

at the same time, Magic was about as shitty of a defender as Steve Nash, only it didnt stand out as much since no one in the 80s played defense. they might not be able to handle him, but he wouldnt have any chance of handling them either. CP3 would make Magic look absolutely fucking stupid.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Kobe and MJ are a wash, although many people feel that Kobe actually is a superior athlete to MJ.

Lebron fucking blows Scotty away, are you retarded? No athlete in NBA history compares to Lebron.

Malone was in fantastic shape at all times, but Carmello is a superior natural athlete.

Robinson was nice, but come-on... D-Howard has arguably the most complete athletic package of any center in NBA history.

Isn't this like your 4th post since saying you werent even going to address this topic anymore?

Are you serious......uhhhh....OK.......Ummmm, I dont know what to say. We completely disagree. Kobe cannot even lift MJs jock strap, this years finals should have settled that BS argument for you. Lebron is a good athlete, but Scotty was good as well....not as good, but a way better defender. Drexler is in the top 50 player of all time. Did you see him play? Your memory is real short. He was in slam dunk contests in college and the pro.......he is every bit as athletic as Wade. Malone would rip Carmello a new asshole.....end that discussion. D Howard is a minature Robinson......when DH scores 71 in a game, come talk to me. You didnt even mention Barkley.....single handedly took Phoenix to the finals. He was a beast at 6-5. There is noway in HELL Cp or Deron could do shit against Magic period. He would laugh his ass off at them jumping trying to grab at the ball, only for him to throw a no look to Ewing for a dunk. :lmao :lmao

You keep spitting dumb shit and I have to come back and shoot this bullshit down.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 03:17 PM
OK Stretch.....in their prime.....CP3, Deron or Magic?

Me? ........Magic and I would slap someone for even asking me the above question.

TheNextGen
08-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Are you serious......uhhhh....OK.......Ummmm, I dont know what to say. We completely disagree. Kobe cannot even lift MJs jock strap, this years finals should have settled that BS argument for you. Lebron is a good athlete, but Scotty was good as well....not as good, but a way better defender. Drexler is in the top 50 player of all time. Did you see him play? Your memory is real short. He was in slam dunk contests in college and the pro.......he is every bit as athletic as Wade. Malone would rip Carmello a new asshole.....end that discussion. D Howard is a minature Robinson......when DH scores 71 in a game, come talk to me. You didnt even mention Barkley.....single handedly took Phoenix to the finals. He was a beast at 6-5. There is noway in HELL Cp or Deron could do shit against Magic period. He would laugh his ass off at them jumping trying to grab at the ball, only for him to throw a no look to Ewing for a dunk. :lmao :lmao

You keep spitting dumb shit and I have to come back and shoot this bullshit down.

Magic in 92 will get burnt by CP and Deron. Your Kobe arguement is whacked..yes MJ is better then Kobe, but by your "lift Mj's jock strap", you act like Kobe will score 0 points and Mj will score 50. You clearly underestimate Kobe's competitive nature. Liek I said, MJ is better, but not by much.

2008 will run the 1992 off the floor.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Magic in 92 will get burnt by CP and Deron. Your Kobe arguement is whacked..yes MJ is better then Kobe, but by your "lift Mj's jock strap", you act like Kobe will score 0 points and Mj will score 50. You clearly underestimate Kobe's competitive nature. Liek I said, MJ is better, but not by much.

2008 will run the 1992 off the floor.

Fuck that, I saw the finals...........like Shaq said......well, you know.

Also.......Magic may get burnt, but who would stop Magic from scoring and his assists? Those two??? LMAO. Dude was 6-8"

lebomb
08-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Fuck this......we need a poll.

TheNextGen
08-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Fuck that, I saw the finals.

Also.......Magic may get burnt, but who would stop Magic from scoring and his assists? Those two??? LMAO. Dude was 6-8"

haha..thats your reasoning? I saw the Finals? lol

TheNextGen
08-18-2008, 03:22 PM

do a poll..1992 will win cuz of the posters who say "92 got MJ..nuff said" lol

No logic whatsoever

lebomb
08-18-2008, 03:22 PM
haha..thats your reasoning? I saw the Finals? lol

Kobe sucked ASSSSSSSS......he is sucking Ass now. Look at his numbers.....

MJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.kobe

TheNextGen
08-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Kobe sucked ASSSSSSSS......he is sucking Ass now. Look at his numbers.....

MJ>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.kobe

yes MJ is better Kobe...

I say MJ scores 25 in the game...kobe scores 22.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 03:25 PM
yes MJ is better Kobe...

LMAO...........Kobe cant score 22 on an Angola team or China or......hell noone......give me a break. Get off Kobes sack......he isnt in the MJ conversation.

TheNextGen
08-18-2008, 03:27 PM
LMAO...........Kobe cant score 22 on an Angola team or China or......hell noone......give me a break. Get off Kobes sack......he isnt in the MJ conversation.

haha...i bet you were one of those "Now that the Wizards got MJ, they wining it all." You're whole arguement for why 2008 would lose is cuz 92 had MJ.

BUMP
08-18-2008, 03:30 PM
yes MJ is better Kobe...

Kobe cant score more than 10 vs anybody in these Olympics. what makes you think he could score 22 on the Dream Team???

lebomb
08-18-2008, 03:31 PM
haha...i bet you were one of those "Now that the Wizards got MJ, they wining it all." You're whole arguement for why 2008 would lose is cuz 92 had MJ.

NOPE, I thought he should have stayed retired.......just like Favre. They should have left the game on top.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Kobe cant score more than 10 vs anybody in these Olympics. what makes you think he could score 22 on the Dream Team???

He couldnt have................. :rolleyes

That was my point my man. That was my point.

These fools dont get it. Kobe is a mere shadow of MJ.

stretch
08-18-2008, 03:38 PM
OK Stretch.....in their prime.....CP3, Deron or Magic?

Me? ........Magic and I would slap someone for even asking me the above question.

first off, CP3 and Deron havent even hit their primes.

second, Magic in his prime absolutely can not guard those two guys right now. And neither of them can guard Magic.

third, its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early to ask a question like that.

stretch
08-18-2008, 03:39 PM
NOPE, I thought he should have stayed retired.......just like Favre. They should have left the game on top.

you should have stayed out of this thread like you said 3 or 4 different times.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 03:46 PM
you should have stayed out of this thread like you said 3 or 4 different times.

STFU............you just dont have valid anything to come back with, that is why you want me gone.

There really is noway to prove which team is better, but I just go off of what Ive seen, and 08 could not handle 92 in no form or fashion. If they played 10 times, 92 would win 7.

Its not all about athletisism........look at a Mullin, Magic, Bird, .....hell, even Mitch Richmond.....not very athletic, but they would TORCH your ass in basketball.

stretch
08-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Are you serious......uhhhh....OK.......Ummmm, I dont know what to say. We completely disagree. Kobe cannot even lift MJs jock strap, this years finals should have settled that BS argument for you.

what does that have to do with athleticism?

Lebron is a good athlete, but Scotty was good as well....not as good, but a way better defender.

No. Scotty was a GOOD athlete. Lebron is the best athlete to ever play basketball. Major difference.

Drexler is in the top 50 player of all time. Did you see him play? Your memory is real short. He was in slam dunk contests in college and the pro.......he is every bit as athletic as Wade.

Well since you like bringing topics to the table that have nothing to do with the discussion at hand (athleticism), then I will too. Wade won a fucking title on his own, without having to hop on a bandwagon like Clyde did. Wade > Clyde.

Malone would rip Carmello a new asshole.....end that discussion.

Malone would be the hardest matchup for the US, I don't question that at all. But in terms of athleticism, Carmello is a better natural athlete.

D Howard is a minature Robinson......when DH scores 71 in a game, come talk to me.

Cool. Proves nothing about athleticism.

You didnt even mention Barkley.....single handedly took Phoenix to the finals. He was a beast at 6-5.

That's great. But what does that have to do with athleticism?

There is noway in HELL Cp or Deron could do shit against Magic period. He would laugh his ass off at them jumping trying to grab at the ball, only for him to throw a no look to Ewing for a dunk. :lmao :lmao

Athleticism?

You shot absolutely nothing down. You almost never even addressed the issue at hand, which is athleticism. You have nothing backing up your claims either. For instance, you said Malone would kill Carmello. Okay, how would he do so? And how would he fare in defending Carmello? You are clearly looking at this argument with a narrow-minded, Pro-Barcelona point of view.

And you also said you werent debating this topic anymore like 4 or 5 times. When do you actually plan on shutting the fuck up?

lebomb
08-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Some of the best Athletes to every lace up and play basketball didnt even make it in the NBA.............having basketball skills and knowledge go a long way...............there I addressed you issue.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 03:52 PM
James White for the Spurs could JUMP out of the gym...........where is he? Athletic as hell right? Where is he?

TIM DUNCAN is almost as unathletic as they come.....but he is fundamentally sound and smart. He is far from athletic............yet, the best PF to ever play the game.

stretch
08-18-2008, 03:53 PM

i think you and lebomb clearly missed the point. he is basically saying that if they had a shootout, and Jordan scored 25, then Kobe would probably get about 22. Jordan is absolutely a better player, but not to the point that he would completely own Kobe every night by a margin of 50 points to none.

im a HUGE jordan fan, but even i sometimes get annoyed by the non-stop fellating of Jordan by some people. i can understand why kobe fans sometimes get annoyed by jordan lovers.

stretch
08-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Some of the best Athletes to every lace up and play basketball didnt even make it in the NBA.............having basketball skills and knowledge go a long way...............there I addressed you issue.

neat. every last player on the 2008 team has talent, skills, and smarts. thus your argument holds no weight.

Louae
08-18-2008, 03:55 PM

This just confirms that you've never seen these guys play in their prime.

TheMACHINE
08-18-2008, 03:55 PM
STFU............you just dont have valid anything to come back with, that is why you want me gone.

There really is noway to prove which team is better, but I just go off of what Ive seen, and 08 could not handle 92 in no form or fashion. If they played 10 times, 92 would win 7.

Its not all about athletisism........look at a Mullin, Magic, Bird, .....hell, even Mitch Richmond.....not very athletic, but they would TORCH your ass in basketball.

Ok..I'll be honest here. I understand everythign Lebomb has been saying. he has some good points. I just dont believe in the "Butt Whooping" he is trying to convey. Im not sure if you are exagerating with the "could not handle 92 in no form or fashion" or the others ways you express the game being a blow out. I think it is alot closer than you think.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 03:56 PM
im a HUGE jordan fan, but even i sometimes get annoyed by the non-stop fellating of Jordan by some people. i can understand why kobe fans sometimes get annoyed by jordan lovers.

When Kobe stand up in a big game.............aka Jordan, then we will get off of the KB =MJ fans. It hasnt happend yet, so I dont want to hear Kobe is better than MJ talk. Its BS....Just like CP3 and Deron in the same sentence as Magic..........its stupid.

stretch
08-18-2008, 03:56 PM
James White for the Spurs could JUMP out of the gym...........where is he? Athletic as hell right? Where is he?

TIM DUNCAN is almost as unathletic as they come.....but he is fundamentally sound and smart. He is far from athletic............yet, the best PF to ever play the game.

you are such a moron and take arguments wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of control. obviously if lebron had athleticism and nothing more, then he wouldnt be in the league. obviously he has talent, thats why he is widely considered the best player in basketball. same for kobe.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Ok..I'll be honest here. I understand everythign Lebomb has been saying. he has some good points. I just dont believe in the "Butt Whooping" he is trying to convey. Im not sure if you are exagerating with the "could not handle 92 in no form or fashion" or the others ways you express the game being a blow out. I think it is alot closer than you think.

I gave them 3 games..........maybe 4. But there is noway they could beat the 92 team if they were both in the same Olympics.....with 1 elimination game.

TheMACHINE
08-18-2008, 03:59 PM
When Kobe stand up in a big game.............aka Jordan, then we will get off of the KB =MJ fans. It hasnt happend yet, so I dont want to hear Kobe is better than MJ talk. Its BS....Just like CP3 and Deron in the same sentence as Magic..........its stupid.

Noone here is saying Kobe is better than MJ...but your arguements are a bit skewed if you dont think the stats will be pretty similar...we've all seen Kobe vs MJ before.

lebomb
you are such a moron and take arguments wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of control. obviously if lebron had athleticism and nothing more, then he wouldnt be in the league. obviously he has talent, thats why he is widely considered the best player in basketball. same for kobe.

Its not out of control......I just read your responses on how 92 could not keep up with 08, yet I had a player from 92 on all of your 08 guys that could keep up and dominate in my opininon.

stretch

no one here said Kobe is better than MJ. We just said they are about equal athletes, and have extremely similar skill sets. The main quality that sets Jordan apart is he is a MUCH better team leader, and his hands allowed him more finishing ability.

and we didnt compare CP3 and Deron to Magic. We just said Magic couldnt guard those two, just as much as those two could not guard Magic.

stretch
08-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Its not out of control......I just read your responses on how 92 could not keep up with 08, yet I had a player from 92 on all of your 08 guys that could keep up and dominate in my opininon.

lol if you think that Clyde and Pippen are going to dominate Wade and Lebron, then I really have nothing further to discuss with you. is that what you are saying?

TheMACHINE
08-18-2008, 04:01 PM
no one here said Kobe is better than MJ. We just said they are about equal athletes, and have extremely similar skill sets. The main quality that sets Jordan apart is he is a MUCH better team leader, and his hands allowed him more finishing ability.

Exactly what i was saying on my post above. Lebomb makes it seem like just because MJ is better, Kobe wont do anything.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Noone here is saying Kobe is better than MJ...but your arguements are a bit skewed if you dont think the stats will be pretty similar...we've all seen Kobe vs MJ before. I never said Kobe wasnt good....but he isnt in MJs league. Look at the stats of this years Olympics............Kobe isnt even in the top of his own team. These comparisons are ludacris.

TheMACHINE
08-18-2008, 04:03 PM
I never said Kobe wasnt good....but he isnt in MJs league. Look at the stats of this years Olympics............Kobe isnt even in the top of his own team. These comparisons are ludacris.

He doesnt have to be on top with young guys like Lebron and Wade. His job is to do what the others cant really do yet...stop the opposing teams best player.

lebomb
08-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Kobe wont do anything.

The best player in the world hasnt done anything yet......what 7-35 from the field and 3-12 from 3pt range??? What has he done.....?

Back to the subject , the 92 team was smart....had a combination of veterans, and athletes......they would win 7 out of 10 against 08.

Im sticking to what I believe......good debate yall.....I really have to go.

No hard feelings to anyone.....I love you guys. :depressed

TheMACHINE
08-18-2008, 04:07 PM
The best player in the world hasnt done anything yet......what 7-35 from the field and 3-12 from 3pt range??? What has he done.....?

Back to the subject , the 92 team was smart....had a combination of veterans, and athletes......they would win 7 out of 10 against 08.

Theres other aspects like defense bud.

Anyways...you'll be back in 2 minutes!

stretch

:rolleyes

im sure i could find a way to get him even more butthurt over this thread and post about 24 more times, but i really dont like dealing with ignorance.

stretch
Anyways...you'll be back in 2 minutes!

:lol

TheMACHINE
08-18-2008, 04:27 PM
lol lebombs continuing 92 vs 08 talks in the other thread.

KobeOwnsBowen
08-18-2008, 04:42 PM
2008 has Kobe. Therefore, 2008 is better.

ambchang
08-18-2008, 05:17 PM
2008 would win it

Magic was not dominant, Bird was playing in minority ...

btw. if they had FIBA rules 2008 got more edge, by NBA rules it would have been closer

Magic was still at his peak, he was forced to retire due to HIV, not because of declining basketball skills.

He also won the NBA all-star game MVP that year, torching whoever who tried to guard him (Rodman, Jordan and Thomas).

ambchang
08-18-2008, 05:22 PM

From a purely athletic point of view:
Jordan = Kobe
Lebron > Pippen (Lebron is much stronger, but Pippen is a little bit quicker)
Wade = Drexler (Very different athletes, Wade has better body control, but Drexler jumps out of the building back in the day)
Malone >> Carmelo (Malone is stronger, and just as quick. Even though both or wannabe thugs, Malone is just much dirtier and can drop Carmelo whenver he feels like it).
Robinson > Howard (Howard is shorter, not as fast end-to-end, not as quick, and about as strong.)

Medvedenko
08-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Michael Jordan stats in 92 Olympics.....

51-113 .451% FG

4-19 from 3 - 21%

13-19 from the FT line - 68%

2.4 steals

14.9 PPG

Spur-Addict
08-18-2008, 05:35 PM
2008 has Kobe. Therefore, 2008 is better.

Hello Stan.

lefty
08-18-2008, 05:55 PM

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5185/surveyuv4.jpg

Medvedenko
08-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Kobe Stats so far through 5 games....pretty pedestrian, but I didn't expect him scoring 30 a game.

12.6 ppg
18/31 58% in 2's
8/29 28% in 3's
1.8 assists per game
.8 steals per game

Well one thing is clear, he is still shooting better than Jordan. :)

lefty
08-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Kobe Stats so far through 5 games....pretty pedestrian, but I didn't expect him scoring 30 a game.

12.6 ppg
18/31 58% in 2's
8/29 28% in 3's
1.8 assists per game
.8 steals per game

Well one thing is clear, he is still shooting better than Jordan. :)

Of, because he takes more shots; therefore, more practice :D

Medvedenko
08-18-2008, 06:01 PM
In their primes I say the 92 teams wins hands down, however this is not a discussion about teams in their primes is it.

lebomb
08-20-2008, 07:56 AM
Bump for Stretch...........LMAO.

You still think 08 can beat 92? :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

92 team would have been up 30+ on the Auzzys at the half.

stretch
08-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Bump for Stretch...........LMAO.

You still think 08 can beat 92? :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

92 team would have been up 30+ on the Auzzys at the half.

yes i still do.

and you can say all the coulda woulda crap... still doesnt prove anything. your analyzing of the matchups absolutely sucks, as you bring nothing to the table other than saying "magic would kill CP3". okay, so if he would, why? second of all, you completely overrate that team, as if the score would be 100-2. you talk as if every single shot that CP3 would take would get blocked, every drive Lebron does would be stalled, and that Kobe wouldnt score a single point on Jordan. your reasoning is fucking retarded. you are a horrible debater on this subject (and any subject period), which is why i now refuse to debate with you on this subject. start giving me reasonable evidence without Magic Johnsons cock rammed down your throat, and maybe ill debate.

lebomb
08-20-2008, 08:05 AM
yes i still do.

and you can say all the coulda woulda crap... still doesnt prove anything. your analyzing of the matchups absolutely sucks, as you bring nothing to the table other than saying "magic would kill CP3". okay, so if he would, why? second of all, you completely overrate that team, as if the score would be 100-2. you talk as if every single shot that CP3 would take would get blocked, every drive Lebron does would be stalled, and that Kobe wouldnt score a single point on Jordan. your reasoning is fucking retarded. you are a horrible debater on this subject (and any subject period), which is why i now refuse to debate with you on this subject. start giving me reasonable evidence without Magic Johnsons cock rammed down your throat, and maybe ill debate.

Hey man......dont get pussyhurt.....we are just having fun.

Dude did you take a look at the poll? You are soooooo in the minority.........hardly anyone agrees with you. :rolleyes

Its cool though......everyone has their own opinion.

stretch
08-20-2008, 08:18 AM
Hey man......dont get pussyhurt.....we are just having fun.

Dude did you take a look at the poll? You are soooooo in the minority.........hardly anyone agrees with you. :rolleyes

Its cool though......everyone has their own opinion.

lol pussyhurt? im not the one that keeps saying that "this thread is not worth my time so i wont post here anymore" then makes 20 more posts on the subject.

i honestly dont care if no one agrees with me. doesnt mean a damn thing. 99% of the world thought the Patriots were going to beat the Giants. We all see what happened there. How about everyone thinking the Lakers were going to beat the Pistons in 04? Those polls sure told a lot. 2001 Rams vs 2001 Patriots? Yup, very meaningful.

yes, everyone has their own opinion. some people know how to actually back their opinions up. you do not. funny how suddenly after i pointed that out, you suddenly stop acting like a dumbass and try to act all cool about it, not long after flipping out so badly over the subject that you made a whole new meaningless thread on it.

lebomb
08-20-2008, 08:46 AM
lol pussyhurt? im not the one that keeps saying that "this thread is not worth my time so i wont post here anymore" then makes 20 more posts on the subject.

i honestly dont care if no one agrees with me. doesnt mean a damn thing. 99% of the world thought the Patriots were going to beat the Giants. We all see what happened there. How about everyone thinking the Lakers were going to beat the Pistons in 04? Those polls sure told a lot. 2001 Rams vs 2001 Patriots? Yup, very meaningful.

yes, everyone has their own opinion. some people know how to actually back their opinions up. you do not. funny how suddenly after i pointed that out, you suddenly stop acting like a dumbass and try to act all cool about it, not long after flipping out so badly over the subject that you made a whole new meaningless thread on it.

You are such a dumbfuck.....I pointed it out to you clearly numerous times my reasons why 92 is better. The players were much more fundamentally sound and can shoot much better than the 08 squad. How much more clear do I need to make it??? Shit stretch come on...... :rolleyes

The poll proves my point........since the teams CANNOT play obviously.......we just had to ask everyones personal opinion. Yours opinion is in the minority. Case closed.

stretch
08-20-2008, 08:47 AM
You are such a dumbfuck.....I pointed it out to you clearly numerous times my reasons why 92 is better. The players were much more fundamentally sound and can shoot much better than the 08 squad. How much more clear do I need to make it??? Shit stretch come on...... :rolleyes

:sleep

duces.

NBA Junkie
08-20-2008, 10:21 AM
1992 by double digits.

Agreed.