PDA

View Full Version : Fire Dennis Lindsey!!!

ehz33satx
08-18-2008, 12:12 PM
All of these crappy FO decisions coincide with our hiring Dennis Lindsey from the Houston Rockets. When he headed the Rockets, they did not do much and never went anywhere. Now that he is gone from them, they have Scola and Artest and a bright future. SO, now Lindsey is the Spurs General Manager, and what has that gotten the Spurs lately? Roger Mason, George Hill and not much else. I SAY FIRE DENNIS LINDSEY!

ChumpDumper
08-18-2008, 12:16 PM
All of these crappy FO decisions coincide with our hiring Dennis Lindsey from the Houston Rockets. When he headed the Rockets, they did not do much and never went anywhere. Now that he is gone from them, they have Scola and Artest and a bright future. SO, now Lindsey is the Spurs General Manager, and what has that gotten the Spurs lately? Roger Mason, George Hill and not much else. I SAY FIRE DENNIS LINDSEY!It would probably help your case if you knew who the Spurs' General Manager actually is.

FromWayDowntown
08-18-2008, 12:17 PM
It would probably help your case if you knew who the Spurs' General Manager actually is.

:lol

Mister Sinister
08-18-2008, 12:18 PM
It would probably help your case if you knew who the Spurs' General Manager actually is.
Zing.

ehz33satx
08-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Whether he is the assistant gm or the gm, our problems still coincide with him being here.

benefactor
08-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Whether he is the assistant gm or the gm, our problems still coincide with him being here.
Mkay.......

Mister Sinister
08-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Nice backpedal.

urunobili
08-18-2008, 12:27 PM

ding ding ding ding ding ding diiiing

mrspurs
08-18-2008, 12:31 PM
then i guess fire the whole FO, cos he didnt just walk in and grab the job, he was hired. i understand he has a great reputation for grabbing foreign players. i know grabbing players isnt over yet, so im guessing he is still out there shopping around. lets not fire the guy just yet, he might have someone in line that he doenst want the league to know about.

FromWayDowntown
08-18-2008, 12:35 PM
By all means -- Fire Pop!

ehz33satx
08-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I would fire Pop for sticking with scrubs like Nick Van Exel.

Mister Sinister
08-18-2008, 12:56 PM
You....That....What.....But.......WHAT!?

The Truth #6
08-18-2008, 01:04 PM
His specifics are wrong, and I'm not sure firing Lindsey will immediately improve us. However, I wouldn't go out of my way to defend Lindsey. His presence, for whatever reason, has coincided with some unspectacular FO decisions.

ehz33satx
08-18-2008, 01:05 PM
You....That....What.....But.......WHAT!?

Pop would rather play worn down veterans. If a rookie makes one mistake, Pop yanks them from the game and sits them for weeks with no playing time. A few years back Nick Van Exel was playing with one arm and not doing much but he still got plenty of playing time.

ehz33satx
08-18-2008, 01:06 PM
His specifics are wrong, and I'm not sure firing Lindsey will immediately improve us. However, I wouldn't go out of my way to defend Lindsey. His presence, for whatever reason, has coincided with some unspectacular FO decisions.

Exactly.

ehz33satx
08-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Look at what the Rockets are doing now, sans Dennis Lindsey.

Mister Sinister
08-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Pop would rather play worn down veterans. If a rookie makes one mistake, Pop yanks them from the game and sits them for weeks with no playing time. A few years back Nick Van Exel was playing with one arm and not doing much but he still got plenty of playing time.
You missed the meaning of my confused babbling, I believe. I was around when the Spurs had NVE, but I can only express puzzlement that borders upon alarm at your willingness to fire Pop.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-18-2008, 01:17 PM

Look at you, sans brain.

T Park
08-18-2008, 01:20 PM

and hire who?

T Park
08-18-2008, 01:20 PM

Still losing in the first round.

Haven't advanced a bit, whats your point?

ehz33satx
08-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Look at you, sans brain.

Whats your problem?

Mister Sinister
08-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Whats your problem?
Much objection is clearly taken at your obvious and quite alarming lack of any sense, common, good, or otherwise.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Whats your problem?

Oh no, I have no problem. I totally agree the Spurs should fire members of the front office because they can't get players who want more money than they can give him. Damn that Pop and his coaching strategy. Fire him and hire the shit that's left over in the free agency pool.

T Park
08-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Whats your problem?

Waiting on who you would replace Pop with.

Names please.

ehz33satx
08-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Oh no, I have no problem. I totally agree the Spurs should fire members of the front office because they can't get players who want more money than they can give him. Damn that Pop and his coaching strategy. Fire him and hire the shit that's left over in the free agency pool.

Your 16 years old. How long have you been a Spurs fan? 3 or 4 years. You probably don't know or have even heard of Cadillac Anderson, The Rifleman Chuck Person, or Vinny Del Negro. I have been a fan for nearly 20 years. I have seen the Spurs never willing to open up the purse strings to bring in top quality players. Sure, the Spurs have won 4 championships riding Tim but he is older now. We need to bring in quality players NOW and its not going to happen. How come other teams can negotiate with the Euro clubs to bring in good players but the Spurs can't?

T Park
08-18-2008, 01:43 PM
Waiting on those coaching names skippy....

Mister Sinister
08-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Your 16 years old. How long have you been a Spurs fan? 3 or 4 years. You probably don't know or have even heard of Cadillac Anderson, The Rifleman Chuck Person, or Vinny Del Negro. I have been a fan for nearly 20 years. I have seen the Spurs never willing to open up the purse strings to bring in top quality players. Sure, the Spurs have won 4 championships riding Tim but he is older now. We need to bring in quality players NOW and its not going to happen. How come other teams can negotiate with the Euro clubs to bring in good players but the Spurs can't?
Don't we have those two other guys? Oh, hell, what're their names? Tony....something. It reminds me of comics, somehow....Parker! Thaaat's it. Tony Parker, and that other dude...Man...Manny? No....Ah! Manu! Manu Ginobili, that's his name.

ehz33satx
08-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Waiting on who you would replace Pop with.

Names please.

Any coach willing to give strong young players a chance instead of worn out veterans.

ehz33satx
08-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Don't we have those two other guys? Oh, hell, what're their names? Tony....something. It reminds me of comics, somehow....Parker! Thaaat's it. Tony Parker, and that other dude...Man...Manny? No....Ah! Manu! Manu Ginobili, that's his name.

Without Tim Duncan where would they be? Ringless. Manu is getting worn down as last years end of the season can attest to.

T Park
08-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Any coach willing to give strong young players a chance instead of worn out veterans.

Fail.

Names.

Give names of coaches that should replace him, or shut the fuck up.

Mister Sinister
08-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Without Tim Duncan where would they be? Ringless.
So we would have won all 4 of those titles without the supporting cast?

ehz33satx
08-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Fail.

Names.

Give names of coaches that should replace him, or shut the fuck up.

Not once was I rude to anyone. No need to tell me to shut the fuck.

T Park
08-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Not once was I rude to anyone. No need to tell me to shut the fuck.

Your rudeness is wasting bandwidth with your stupidity in this thread.

Give names of coaches or STFU.

ehz33satx
08-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Your rudeness is wasting bandwidth with your stupidity in this thread.

Give names of coaches or STFU.

I have seen you and all kinds of other posters post all kinds of crap on here. I can come on here and say what I want. That's what a fan forum is for. Your one of the biggest bitches on here, along with mouse, tlong, and that midget. So you can kiss my ass boy.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Your 16 years old. How long have you been a Spurs fan? 3 or 4 years. You probably don't know or have even heard of Cadillac Anderson, The Rifleman Chuck Person, or Vinny Del Negro.
Yes I have. Personal smack isn't gonna win you this argument.

I have been a fan for nearly 20 years.
And you're still clueless.

I have seen the Spurs never willing to open up the purse strings to bring in top quality players.
Because they don't have the money.

Sure, the Spurs have won 4 championships riding Tim but he is older now.
No shit.

We need to bring in quality players NOW and its not going to happen.
Tough shit.

How come other teams can negotiate with the Euro clubs to bring in good players but the Spurs can't?
Because they don't have the money. Get that though your fuckin head.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-18-2008, 01:59 PM

You know any of those kinds of coaches?

tempest186
08-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Actually Lindsey's forte is domestic talent not foreign.

mrspurs
08-18-2008, 02:05 PM

:wow

Ocotillo
I am more impressed with what Houston and Utah have been doing in recent drafts than what this FO has been doing.

I am not calling for Pop to be fired but he does have a tendency to overtrust over the hill vets who while they are smart guys, the legs just don't go as fast as the mind wants them to.

T Park
I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.Im talking out of my ass completely. Ignore me please.

FIFY

MoSpur
08-18-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm shocked. TPark is in here again asking for names like he does in every thread that bashes the front office, coach, trainers, mascot, PA announcer, Silver Dancers, parking lot attendants, ushers, the people who work the concessions, and the cleaning crew at the AT&T Center.

mrspurs
08-18-2008, 02:17 PM
You know any of those kinds of coaches?

wow your just 16? no wonderrrrrrrr..... ill give ya this. your the first 16 yr. old thats ever lasted this long without being put on my ignore, in any site or actual place. id be willing to bet your on my ignore list by the time im done writing this.....dont take it personal but at your age you dont know anything about the spurs organization to have a say in my book.......:wow

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-18-2008, 02:18 PM
wow your just 16? no wonderrrrrrrr..... ill give ya this. your the first 16 yr. old thats ever lasted this long without being put on my ignore, in any site or actual place. id be willing to bet your on my ignore list by the time im done writing this.....dont take it personal but at your age you dont know anything about the spurs organization to have a say in my book.......:wow

And Captain Fagle makes another appearance. What number am I, 99?

ehz33satx
08-18-2008, 02:27 PM
FIFY

Who the hell are you to talk shit with anybody? You have over 40,000 posts of which 90% is ignorant drivel. Most people here agree with my assessment of the Spurs FO, except for you and a 16 year old, who probably still lives at home with his momma and shares a room with his sister.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Who the hell are you to talk shit with anybody? You have over 40,000 posts of which 90% is ignorant drivel. Most people here agree with my assessment of the Spurs FO, except for you and a 16 year old, who probably still lives at home with his momma and shares a room with his sister.

Aww me and T Park hurt that queefnugget's feelings.

ehz33satx
08-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Aww me and T Park hurt that queefnugget's feelings.

Why don't you go ask your momma for change so you can buy you a Happy Meal, boy.

Kermit
08-18-2008, 02:30 PM

Yes! I can't believe you went with the "lives with mom" putdown. You sir are an original. :clap

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Why don't you go ask your momma for change so you can buy you a Happy Meal, boy.

Keep the insults coming, that just shows how mature and intelligent you are.
Instead of staying on the topic, you sway off and try to personally insult me. What a whiny bitch you are. If you don't want to talk more about the subject, you can go talk all the shit you want in the Troll forum, k? That's a good little bitch.

ehz33satx
08-18-2008, 02:33 PM
Keep the insults coming, that just shows how mature and intelligent you are.
Instead of staying on the topic, you sway off and try to personally insult me. What a whiny bitch you are. If you don't want to talk more about the subject, you can go talk all the shit you want in the Troll forum, k? That's a good little bitch.

Lol. You and TPark started with the insults. I was not insulting anyone but Dennis Lindsey with this thread.

Ocotillo
08-18-2008, 02:33 PM

and hire who?

Again, I am not advocating firing Pop but if he suddenly checked himself into rehab because of wine addiction and resigned some names might be:

Tom Thibodeau
Dave Cowens
Mike Budenholzer
Tim Grugrich
Robert Horry
Sam Mitchell

Are some guys who might not coach us into the lottery.

ehz33satx
08-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Anyways, I don't take what a 16 year old has to say too seriously. Go cry to your momma when you wet the bed again.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Lol. You and TPark started with the insults. I was not insulting anyone but Dennis Lindsey with this thread.
And Popovich. You can't even remember what you are talking about.

And for your next comment, try to make it about the topic. May I suggest responding to my comment near the top of the page.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-18-2008, 02:36 PM
And for your next comment, try to make it about the topic. May I suggest responding to my comment near the top of the page.

Anyways, I don't take what a 16 year old has to say too seriously. Go cry to your momma when you wet the bed again.

I guess I was too late. He got his feelins hurt again.

ehz33satx
08-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Anyways, I had my fun and I am done with this thread.

T Park
08-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Again, I am not advocating firing Pop but if he suddenly checked himself into rehab because of wine addiction and resigned some names might be:

Tom Thibodeau
Dave Cowens
Mike Budenholzer
Tim Grugrich
Robert Horry
Sam Mitchell

Are some guys who might not coach us into the lottery.

the only name with ANY ANY weight, MIGHT be Budenholzer.

Outside of that, everyone else stinks.

Robert Horry!??! What coaching experience does he have!?!?

Sam Mitchell is TERRIBLE. Cowens was horrible.

Thibedeau is OK.

Please.

T Park
08-18-2008, 04:29 PM
Im a troll and had no point to begin with..

FIFYA

manufor3
08-18-2008, 05:06 PM

he may only be 16, but you sir have the maturity of a 4 year old

The Truth #6
08-18-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm shocked. TPark is in here again asking for names like he does in every thread that bashes the front office, coach, trainers, mascot, PA announcer, Silver Dancers, parking lot attendants, ushers, the people who work the concessions, and the cleaning crew at the AT&T Center.

That's pretty funny.

TPark is like the McCarthy of Spurstalk with his list of names and anti-commie messages.

Kori Ellis
08-18-2008, 05:14 PM
For the people complaining the the Spurs aren't bringing in quality players, they can't just run out and spend money. The Spurs didn't have much money this summer - just exceptions.

Whether you like the Roger Mason acquistion or not - he's a player the Spurs have targeted since last year and they got him. I'm not sure what other players you wanted for the scraps left of the MLE and the LLE.

They re-signed Finley as a 5th wing. You could argue that they should have signed a cheap young player instead of Finley if you want. But they obviously have some faith in Finley and he's a decent vet if he's stays the 5th wing (though I don't want him starting).

If you want big name/big stat players, you have to trade some of your own. No teams out there are on the market are willing to give up 15+ ppg players for the likes of Bonner and Oberto. So unless you were willing to part with Manu, Tony or Tim, that's not going to happen.

When the Spurs have a lot of money to spend in the offseason and don't do much, then I can see complaining. But when you go into the summer with just exception money, you don't (usually) come out of it with All Stars.

Kori Ellis
08-18-2008, 05:15 PM
And :lmao at making fun of Mr. Bottomtooth for being 16. You guys didn't even know he was 16. Therefore his age must not show in his posts; so how can that be one of his faults?

baseline bum
08-18-2008, 05:16 PM
I'll never stop complaining until Lindsey does something to screw the Rockets over as redemption for the Scola trade.

Duncan2177
08-18-2008, 05:21 PM

Dont forget Dennis Rodman,Terry Cummings Willie Anderson,Negal Knight,Dale Ellis,Rod Strickland,Lloyd Daniels,Charles Smith and no not spider Smith,Doc Rivers,Dominique Wilkins,and back in 1992 we had Vinnie the Microwave Johnson, Ive been a spurs fan since 1991.

Spurminator
08-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Your one of the biggest bitches on here, along with mouse, tlong, and that midget.

ehz is not having a good thread, but this made me lol

xmas1997
08-18-2008, 05:38 PM
I'll never stop complaining until Lindsey does something to screw the Rockets over as redemption for the Scola trade.

You have good reason to complain IMHO.

Same here!

The Truth #6
08-18-2008, 05:56 PM
For the people complaining the the Spurs aren't bringing in quality players, they can't just run out and spend money. The Spurs didn't have much money this summer - just exceptions.

Whether you like the Roger Mason acquistion or not - he's a player the Spurs have targeted since last year and they got him. I'm not sure what other players you wanted for the scraps left of the MLE and the LLE.

They re-signed Finley as a 5th wing. You could argue that they should have signed a cheap young player instead of Finley if you want. But they obviously have some faith in Finley and he's a decent vet if he's stays the 5th wing (though I don't want him starting).

If you want big name/big stat players, you have to trade some of your own. No teams out there are on the market are willing to give up 15+ ppg players for the likes of Bonner and Oberto. So unless you were willing to part with Manu, Tony or Tim, that's not going to happen.

When the Spurs have a lot of money to spend in the offseason and don't do much, then I can see complaining. But when you go into the summer with just exception money, you don't (usually) come out of it with All Stars.

I agree that many fans have wildly unrealistic expectations. However, I think many fans felt that letting Finley go, even if it meant signing someone unexperienced but with potential was a superior move because it would have indicated that Pop no longer would be able to resort to playing ancient unproductive veterans when the "younger" players (some of whom are almost 30) made mistakes.

And to go further, assuming one is actually excited about the signing of Mason, the fact that Finley is still on the team, and Pop has a Judd Apatow-esque bromance with him, makes me wonder if even Mason will get stuck on the bench behind Finley far too often. People can defend Finley by saying he'll never play (which is completely counter-intuitive to me) but until Pop shows he has lost his addiction to Finley, many fans will remain skeptical.

Also, many of these arguments self-fulfilling. Yes, no one wants to trade for Bonner but is it not valid to wonder why we re-signed him and instead of the the other option that Summer? And getting into that is a whole other can of worms, though fittingly it does go full circle and get back to original point of this thread - Dennis Lindsey.

T Park
08-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Also, many of these arguments self-fulfilling. Yes, no one wants to trade for Bonner but is it not valid to wonder why we re-signed him and instead of the the other option that Summer? And getting into that is a whole other can of worms, though fittingly it does go full circle and get back to original point of this thread - Dennis Lindsey.

Whats the point?

The freaking topic has been bashed into the GD ground.

Kori Ellis
08-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Whats the point?

Because it's the offseason, and people can't bitch about Tony ballhogging and Manu having turnovers. :lol

I don't mind this thread being here... I just want to know what kind of big name players should have been brought in with the Spurs' little money available.

Oh... and I would have rather had a young player rather than Finley too but Pop and Duncan like Finley alot. So he's coming back.

T Park
08-18-2008, 06:02 PM
but Pop and Duncan like Finley alot

So are you saying Duncan should be lumped in on the bashing? ;)

The Truth #6
08-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Whats the point?

What's the point? The point is there are valid arguments to be made against the FO that aren't outrageous or pie in the sky. Yet many posters with hair triggers try to reduce the argument to extremes. Of course you would never do that.

ehz33satx
08-18-2008, 08:22 PM

Au contraire my friend! I really have enjoyed this thread. But like a few others here who backed me up, my thoughts on Dennis Lindsey are that he does not seem to have brought good vibes to my favorite team, while the Rockets seem to have gotten better with his departure. That was the original point of my thread.

exstatic
08-18-2008, 08:39 PM

First round outs? Is that what you fucking want?

mrspurs
08-18-2008, 08:40 PM
And :lmao at making fun of Mr. Bottomtooth for being 16. You guys didn't even know he was 16. Therefore his age must not show in his posts; so how can that be one of his faults?

sure he sounded like a 16yr. old, but im not one to judge. when you start cussing and acting out against people who are just adding their opinions, thats a sure sign your either a younger or an adult who has no clue.(there are some adults on this planet who are not happy unless your upset) if he could have held those teenage hormones from coming out, he coulda fooled me forever. you know the saying, sooner or later your true colors show :wow

MagnusKrauss
08-18-2008, 10:34 PM

i think it's better people know that Mr. Bottomtooth is 16.

he seems to bait more idiots that way.

watching his ownage of fools that inevitably happens afterwards is highly entertaining.

keep it up! :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-18-2008, 10:41 PM

Thank you. :toast

AC#21_TD ERA
08-19-2008, 03:44 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao The only way to fix the problem is to get rid of the problem. FIRE ALL OF THOSE MORONS!

sabar
08-19-2008, 03:57 AM

Rofl @ thinking age makes you smarter. There's some 10 and 11 year olds that could out-spell every person over age 20 on this board. Likewise, there are 12 and 13 year olds with more college education than many adults.

Mr.Bottomtooth was serving up some ownage here.

anakha
08-19-2008, 04:26 AM

Compared to you, he's the paragon of maturity. :lol

your_pimp
08-19-2008, 04:27 AM
suck ass bitches

anakha
08-19-2008, 04:28 AM
suck ass bitches

Compared to you, as well. :lol

ShoogarBear
08-19-2008, 06:43 AM
Your 16 years old.

And owning you.

Ocotillo
08-19-2008, 07:15 AM
the only name with ANY ANY weight, MIGHT be Budenholzer.

Outside of that, everyone else stinks.

Robert Horry!??! What coaching experience does he have!?!?

Sam Mitchell is TERRIBLE. Cowens was horrible.

Thibedeau is OK.

Please.

The only unknown is Horry. I stand by the names. You asked for names and I gave them. I am not the one calling for the firing of the current coach but I am pointing out there are other people out there.

ehz33satx
08-19-2008, 01:06 PM
And owning you.

How can someone who lives at home, can't get a job, does not vote, does not pay taxes, does not pay rent, or have to buy gas for a car, does not pay bills, can't buy alchohol, can't get into the movies to see a rated R flick, or any other myriad decisions that an adult makes, own anyone?
He has to ask his mother to stay up past 9 p.m. He is just a shit talking kid on the internet that someone else in his household pays for.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-19-2008, 01:16 PM
How can someone who lives at home, can't get a job, does not vote, does not pay taxes, does not pay rent, or have to buy gas for a car, does not pay bills, can't buy alchohol, can't get into the movies to see a rated R flick, or any other myriad decisions that an adult makes, own anyone?
He has to ask his mother to stay up past 9 p.m. He is just a shit talking kid on the internet that someone else in his household pays for.

Because I know more about the topic at hand than you, you fuckin idiot. :lmao

manufor3
08-19-2008, 02:31 PM

:nope man, you have no respect.