Vinicius Magalhaes
Eric Magee
Eliot Marshall
Sean O'Connell
Shane Primm
Krzysztof Soszynski

LEONARD
08-18-2008, 12:29 PM
Do we know who Dana is pimping as the next big star??

Evan
08-18-2008, 12:29 PM
By the way...I am not reading a single forum post anywhere besides this thread the entire season so I won't see a spoiler.

Evan
08-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Do we know who Dana is pimping as the next big star??

I'm trying to ignore it because whoever he is, he obviously makes it far.

dallaskd
08-18-2008, 12:41 PM
should be a good season and less fighting between coaches. but yeah lets get those phelps threads down with some mma ones!

Evan
08-18-2008, 12:46 PM
should be a good season and less fighting between coaches. but yeah lets get those phelps threads down with some mma ones!

I really think TUF is steadily improving. The stupid Jesse type stuff will always be there but its getting better.

ATRAIN
08-18-2008, 12:53 PM
when does the season start?

Evan
08-18-2008, 01:00 PM
when does the season start?

look at the very first post at the very first sentance you lazy sob :lol

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6803/0055352xq7.gif

desflood
08-18-2008, 01:04 PM
My cable is gone. One of you boys will have to help a damsel in distress and keep this thread updated. :dramaquee

Evan
08-18-2008, 01:07 PM
My cable is gone. One of you boys will have to help a damsel in distress and keep this thread updated. :dramaquee

what happened?

desflood
08-18-2008, 01:13 PM
We got rid of it. It's better to not sit around and watch tv all day. Plus, we're putting kids through private school. Those ppv's add up!

Evan
08-18-2008, 01:16 PM
We got rid of it. It's better to not sit around and watch tv all day. Plus, we're putting kids throught private school. Those ppv's add up!

Oh wow!

Yeah I have had to put a stop to the PPV's….Its just too much on a bill. Half a grand on PPV's a year is too much but I will still get the bigger cards. And I'm trying to convince LEONARD to move to the N-Dallas area so we can split PPV's.

ATRAIN
08-18-2008, 01:16 PM
look at the very first post at the very first sentance you lazy sob :lol

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6803/0055352xq7.gif

LOL oops hahahah

ATRAIN
08-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Oh wow!

Yeah I have had to put a stop to the PPV's….Its just too much on a bill. Half a grand on PPV's a year is too much but I will still get the bigger cards. And I'm trying to convince LEONARD to move to the N-Dallas area so we can split PPV's.

Yeah i have to split with some buddies or invite my self to viewing parties :). Im sure the price of beer and snacks adds up to that as well. Damn MMA!!

Evan
08-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Yeah i have to split with some buddies or invite my self to viewing parties :). Im sure the price of beer and snacks adds up to that as well. Damn MMA!!

what city do you live in?

ATRAIN
08-18-2008, 01:32 PM
what city do you live in?

Austin

Evan
08-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Well there goes that idea......

I really need to find people in my area who order PPV's and the last thing I want to do is deal with idiots at a bar.

$5 to $25 a PPV is fine but $55 for HD PPV's solo has got to stop unless it is a must see.

ATRAIN
08-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Well there goes that idea......

I really need to find people in my area who order PPV's and the last thing I want to do is deal with idiots at a bar.

$5 to $25 a PPV is fine but $55 for HD PPV's solo has got to stop unless it is a must see.

Yeah man if I lived in D I would totally split the costs with you man. As it is I dont watch every card, some just dont do it for me.

dbreiden83080
08-18-2008, 02:32 PM
UFC 87 was my last one for a while, it is 45 bucks here in New York and i burnt a mad hole in my pocket the last 6 months or so on them. Next one i get may not be until GSP fights again, we'll see.

Evan
08-18-2008, 02:34 PM
UFC may be putting together a super card for Christmas/New Years so I may be done until then.

And I think GSP is on the shelf until 2009

dbreiden83080
08-18-2008, 03:07 PM
UFC may be putting together a super card for Christmas/New Years so I may be done until then.

And I think GSP is on the shelf until 2009

Yeah GSP said, he thinks he is done for a while. He's fought like 4 times in the last year and he wants to really rest up before he hands BJ his butt in that re-match. :toast

We'll see how good the cards are until then.

Evan
08-18-2008, 04:03 PM
http://www.mmapayout.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/tuf82.jpg

Evan
08-18-2008, 04:05 PM
4 things...

1. I think Dana's Golden buy is the smashed nosed fella in front
2. Only Nog isn't looking at the camera...lol
3. Lets play find the 2nd black guy
4. I want the idiot with the hang grenade on his hand/anarchy symbol on his foot and the light blue shirt guy with the stupid flat brimmed hat to lose the first night.

Evan
08-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Press release

Light Heavyweights: Ryan Bader, Antwain Britt, Jules Bruchez, Lance Evans, Karen Grigoryan, Jason Guida, Ryan Jimmo, Kyle Kingsbury, Tom Lawlor, Ryan Lopez, Vinicius Magalhaes, Eric Magee, Eliot Marshall, Sean O’Connell, Shane Primm, Krzysztof Soszynski

Lightweights: Jose Aguilar, Fernando Bernstein, Junie Allen Browning, Rolando Delgado, Joseph Duarte, Charles Diaz, Efrain Escudero, Brandon Garner, David Kaplan, Brian McLaughlin, Wesley Murch, Shane Nelson, Phillipe Nover, Ido Pariente, John Polakowski, George Roop

“THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER: TEAM MIR VS TEAM NOGUEIRA,” FEATURING FIGHTERS FROM AROUND THE WORLD, PREMIERES SEPTEMBER 17

Two Of The UFC’s Top Heavyweights, Interim Champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Former Champ Frank Mir, To Serve As Coaches

New York , NY , August 18, 2008 – They come from all over the globe, spanning Brooklyn to Israel , including far-off locales such as Russia , Nova Scotia , England , and Hawaii . Their diverse backgrounds range from a former Division 1 college football player to a CIA recruiter and include the brother of “The Ultimate Fighter 2” winner.

For these 32 up-and-coming mixed martial arts fighters, there is one goal, to win a six-figure contract with the preeminent mixed martial arts organization in the world, The Ultimate Fighting Championship.®

Season eight of Spike TV’s wildly successful original series, “The Ultimate Fighter,” premieres Wednesday, September 17 at 10:00pm ET/PT, with 16 lightweights (155lbs) and 16 light heavyweights (205lbs) under the watchful eye of the coaches interim UFC heavyweight champion, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir.

Each of the 32 contestants must fight his way into the Ultimate Fighter House by winning a preliminary bout that will be featured during the first two episodes (Sept. 17 and 24). The remaining 10 episodes will feature the victorious 16 fighters and their quest for the coveted “Ultimate Fighter” crown.

During the six-week taping of “The Ultimate Fighter: Team Mir vs. Team Nogueira,” these 16 men who survived the prelims endured a grueling regimen of jiu-jitsu, judo, muay thai, karate, boxing and wrestling. The intense competition between the fighters continues after they leave the gym – at The Ultimate Fighter House. These warriors must live together, knowing that any day they might be forced to fight each other in the famed UFC Octagon™.

The two finalists will square off in a live finale Saturday, December 13 on Spike TV, when the two weight class winners will be declared The Ultimate Fighter® and net the aforementioned contract and a cash prize. UFC President Dana White will once again serve as host of the series.

After each show, Spike.com users will get exclusive extended footage from each episode and an exclusive video leak of the upcoming episode.

Craig Piligian of Pilgrim Films and Television, Frank Fertitta III, Lorenzo Fertitta, Dana White of Zuffa, LLC, and Kevin Kay of Spike TV are the show’s executive producers. Brian J. Diamond, senior vice president, Sports & Specials, Spike TV is co-executive producer and Christopher Martello is executive in charge of production for Spike TV.

The 32 fighters for “The Ultimate Fighter: Team Mir vs. Team Nogueira” include:

LIGHTWEIGHTS

Jose Aguilar

MMA Record: 17-3-0

Trains With: Grapplers Edge

Fernando Bernstein

MMA Record: 2-0-0

Junie Allen Browning

MMA Record: 2-0-0

Trains With: Four Seasons Martial Arts

Rolando Delgado

MMA Record: 7-3-1

Trains With: Westside Fight Team

Joseph Duarte

MMA Record: 3-0

Trains With: Unleashed Training Facility / Alliance MMA

Efrain Escudero

MMA Record: 10-0-0

Trains With: Southwest Martial Arts

Brandon Garner

MMA Record: 4-1-0

Trains With: Team ROC

David Kaplan

MMA Record: 3-1-0

Trains With: Lloyd Irvin Team

Eric Magee

Trains With: South Shore Sport

Brian McLaughlin

MMA Record: 5-0-0

Trains With: Team Gracie Tampa

Wesley Murch

MMA Record: 4-2-0

Trains With: Trojan Gym

Shane Nelson

MMA Record: 11-3-0

Trains With: BJ Penn’s MMA

Phillipe Nover

MMA Record: 5-0-1

Trains With: Team Renzo Gracie

Ido Pariente

MMA Record: 13-4-0

Trains With:

John Polakowski

Trains With: The Pit

George Roop

MMA Record: 7-3-0

Trains With: Ultima MMA

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT

Ryan Bader

MMA Record: 7-0-0

Trains With: Arizona Combat Sports

Antwain Britt

MMA Record: 4-0-0

Trains With: Bombsquad MMA

Jules Bruchez

MMA Record: 3-2-0

Trains With: Ronan Dojo

Charles Diaz

MMA Record: 3-0-0

Trains With: SD Fight Club

Lance Evans

MMA Record: 4-2-0

Trains With: TKO MMA

Karen Grigoryan

MMA Record: 5-0-0

Trains With: RusFighters Sport Club

Jason Guida

MMA Record: 26-13-0

Trains With: Hellhouse Gym

Ryan Jimmo

MMA Record: 6-1-0

Trains With: Titans MMA

Kyle Kingsbury

MMA Record: 7-1-1

Trains With: American Kickboxing Academy

Tom Lawlor

MMA Record:

Trains With: American Top Team

Ryan Lopez

MMA Record: 5-3-0

Vinicius Magalhaes

MMA Record: 2-2-0

Trains With: Team Quest

Eliot Marshall

MMA Record: 5-1-0

Trains With: Eastern Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Sean O’Connell

MMA Record: 1-0-0

Shane Primm

MMA Record: 1-0-0

Trains With: Team Gracie Tampa

Krzysztof Soszynski

MMA Record: 16-8-1

Trains With: Team Quest

dallaskd
08-23-2008, 12:29 AM
bump

dallaskd
09-17-2008, 08:33 PM
bump. premieres tonight.

Evan
09-17-2008, 08:46 PM
can't wait

dbreiden83080
09-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Jason Guida

MMA Record: 26-13-0

Trains With: Hellhouse Gym

Fucking moron missed weight

Evan
09-17-2008, 09:32 PM
HOW DO YOU NOT MAKE WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

How does this EVER happen!!!!!!!!

I am sure he is now first alternate but still...damn

Evan
09-17-2008, 09:37 PM
The best part is when he said "I'm no gabe rutiger"

dbreiden83080
09-17-2008, 09:37 PM
HOW DO YOU NOT MAKE WEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

How does this EVER happen!!!!!!!!

I am sure he is now first alternate but still...damn

It looks like they have to weigh in just a few hours after they arrive. He came in at 217 pds, needing to make 206, 1 pd over they allow. So he had to cut like 11 pds in a few hours and he was so dehydrated and sick they would not let him cut anymore. He crapped out at 207. Pathetic beyond belief. Start cutting your damn weight, a few days before you come to the show and you won't have that problem.

How much you wanna bet Clay helped his brother get on that damn show and this is how he re-pays him.

dbreiden83080
09-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Oh i see your watching sorry for the Recap Evan

Evan
09-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Oh i see your watching sorry for the Recap Evan

No your fine...I'm barely behind.

But he knew the deal before he arrived. He knew he was going to fight right away.

dbreiden83080
09-17-2008, 09:43 PM
And he gets Sympathy from Mir because he worked so hard to cut the weight, (Frank seems really cool)

but Dude, no excuse whatsoever to not come in the right shape.

Evan
09-17-2008, 09:47 PM
wonderful over the shoulder strikes....!!!!!

dbreiden83080
09-17-2008, 09:50 PM
That Big FarmBoy sure was impressed with himself

Evan
09-17-2008, 09:51 PM
I hate anyone with sleeve tattoos as a rule

Evan
09-17-2008, 10:11 PM
lots of good talent this year

LEONARD
09-18-2008, 08:23 AM
So Duarte wasn't the next Anderson Silva like many speculated...is it the pasty blonde dude?? Or somebody on the next show?

Evan
09-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Yeah I was thinking it might be that blonde Aussie. He just looked amazing but I fear the alcohol idiocy we're about to see.

ATRAIN
09-18-2008, 08:49 AM
My damn DVR cut off right before the last fight, I take it Blonde won? What round, how?

Evan
09-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Atrain…you have to go back and see it. He dominated and he dominated so thoroughly he took the will to fight from his opponent and he threw in the towel in between rounds.

And you should know better dude! Always add an hour to live sports!

ATRAIN
09-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Atrain…you have to go back and see it. He dominated and he dominated so thoroughly he took the will to fight from his opponent and he threw in the towel in between rounds.

And you should know better dude! Always add an hour to live sports!

Yeah I know I was planning on seeing it all live anyways but I left the gym too late and forgot about it. I am recording the replay of it tonight cause I really want to see it.

dbreiden83080
09-18-2008, 11:09 AM

I wasn't that blown away by his performance. He did pretty well technically he knew what to do, but he did not appear incredibly explosive to me. Plus he left his leg out there to be submitted more than once. A more capable ground fighter would have done more with that. His stand-up looked okay, we'll see how he progresses.

Evan
09-18-2008, 11:49 AM
I wasn't that blown away by his performance. He did pretty well technically he knew what to do, but he did not appear incredibly explosive to me. Plus he left his leg out there to be submitted more than once. A more capable ground fighter would have done more with that. His stand-up looked okay, we'll see how he progresses.

Oh man really? Its all relative though…I'm not saying he's ready for Silva but I think it being his first day with no trainers…that impressed me. He was so calm and decisive.

dbreiden83080
09-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Oh man really? Its all relative though…I'm not saying he's ready for Silva but I think it being his first day with no trainers…that impressed me. He was so calm and decisive.

Oh he looked good for the first day for sure but his attitude was pretty poor. Those cocky clowns, with combative attitudes usually get into trouble on TUF. We'll see if he can just win fights and keep his head.

Evan
09-18-2008, 12:30 PM
I hate everyone who wears a flat rimmed hat though…I hope he loses soon.

ATRAIN
09-18-2008, 01:23 PM
I hate everyone who wears a flat rimmed hat though…I hope he loses soon.

LOL I hate those hats. Some of my buds wear them, and I wont be seen with them when they have them on.

djohn14
09-18-2008, 08:04 PM
I wore one back in school playing baseball, but I too have grown to hate them. He really looked good, and I dont see how that wasnt him, but idk.

LEONARD
09-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Fainting Philepe
http://i37.tinypic.com/1zgbx8j.jpg