PDA

View Full Version : Breaking: Time Magazine reporting Obama VP as Joe Biden

Mr. Peabody
08-19-2008, 08:18 AM
http://thepage.time.com/

I like the pick. Obama needs a foreign policy wonk with the situation in Iraq and the Georgia/Russia conflict looming over the election.

UTexasFan
08-19-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm not seeing it listed on there but I love the pick if so.

cool hand
08-19-2008, 10:09 AM
bullsqpdsyf7r02

MannyIsGod
08-19-2008, 12:40 PM
http://thepage.time.com/

I like the pick. Obama needs a foreign policy wonk with the situation in Iraq and the Georgia/Russia conflict looming over the election.

Biden has been the rumored pick over the past few days through many articles.

Wild Cobra
08-19-2008, 01:37 PM
I hope Biden is the VP for the 2008 elections. I don't think he can run for both VP and the senate at the same time. His last senate race was 2002, meaning he is up for elections this year.

Can he run for both VP and the senate for 2008?

Nice thing is that Hillary won't be running in 2012 because of the same thing. Her six year senate term needs renewal in 2012 too.
!

ChumpDumper
08-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Lloyd Bentsen did.

Anti.Hero
08-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Howard Dean. You heard it here first.

Yes We Can. WWAAHOOOOOOOO

UTexasFan
08-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Howard Fineman from Newsweek/MSNBC thinks its Biden

Wild Cobra
08-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Lloyd Bentsen did.

Wow, I just looked that up. You're right.

I guess libtartds don't mind. Republicans would be shocked, and not be very nice about their votes in such a manner, as a whole.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Wow, I just looked that up. You're right.

I guess libtartds don't mind. Republicans would be shocked, and not be very nice about their votes in such a manner, as a whole.Why would that be shocking?

Pretty stupid thing to say.

Wild Cobra
08-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Why would that be shocking?

Pretty stupid thing to say.

My perception is that conservatives would be shocked that someone would be running for two different jobs that effectively have the same start date. Just a few days differ on the start, right?

Is it ethical to ask your supporters to vote for you in two positions, knowing that if you win the VP spot, you will need to be replaced for the senate spot?

It may not be legally wrong to run for both positions, but it just isn't right. We conservatives don't like such ideas. I'm pretty sure I speak for the other few conservatives here.

Shocking for a conservative. I guess just another accepted slip of morality for liberals.

ChumpDumper
08-19-2008, 02:35 PM
My perception is that conservatives would be shocked that someone would be running for two different jobs that effectively have the same start date. Just a few days differ on the start, right?

Is it ethical to ask your supporters to vote for you in two positions, knowing that if you win the VP spot, you will need to be replaced for the senate spot?Sure. In case your Senator doesn't become VP, it is in the interest of your state to have the Senator retain his position and seniority. Very simple. Besides, who's to say the supporters are going to vote for the ticket the Senator is on just because he is the VP candidate?

It may not be legally wrong to run for both positions, but it just isn't right. We conservatives don't like such ideas. I'm pretty sure I speak for the other few conservatives here.

Shocking for a conservative. I guess just another accepted slip of morality for liberals.Nah it's pretty stupid of you. It's not like he would end up holding two offices. "Conservatives" are just lucky Bob Dole and Henry Cabot Lodge were two years away from their Senate elections when they ran for VP.

shelshor
08-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Lloyd Bentsen did.

Didn't Leiberman run for both in 2000 also?

ChumpDumper
08-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Didn't Leiberman run for both in 2000 also?Right. So did LBJ in 1960. WC should be happy about that last one -- it led to John Tower's election to the US senate the following year.

cool hand
08-19-2008, 03:09 PM
I would pick Sam Nunn.

cool hand
08-19-2008, 03:09 PM
or Wesley Clark

ChumpDumper
08-19-2008, 03:15 PM
I'd take a flyer and ask Colin Powell.

clambake
08-19-2008, 03:19 PM
I'd take a flyer and ask Colin Powell.

me too. he wants to make it up to us.

clambake
08-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Shocking for a conservative. I guess just another accepted slip of morality for liberals.

i know a man that lost a senate race to a dead guy and then became AG.

shocking indeed!

Extra Stout
08-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Biden has mad foreign policy chops. He also has a tendency to stick his foot in his mouth with alarming frequency.

UTexasFan
08-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Seeing Biden smack McCain around on Foreign policy would be worth the price of admission. Much smarter guy

Oh, Gee!!
08-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Biden has mad foreign policy chops. He also has a tendency to stick his foot in his mouth with alarming frequency.

sounds like G-Dub minus the foreign policy chops, or any chops btw.

Extra Stout
08-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Seeing Biden smack McCain around on Foreign policy would be worth the price of admission. Much smarter guy
That is, until Biden tries to tell a joke, botches it, and ends up insulting entire ethnic groups.

T Park
08-19-2008, 06:41 PM

Yeah ok.

Booharv
08-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Nice sig^. Someone tell T Park the Cold War is over.

Nbadan
08-20-2008, 12:27 AM
hmm.....

From the LA Times..

And as he pulled out of his driveway (at the helm of his car), he said: "You guys have better things to do. I'm not the guy."

LA Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/08/as-joe-biden-di.html)

Nbadan
08-20-2008, 12:45 AM
An ad agency has done some recent domain name registration research and thinks Obama's pick will be Kathleen Sebelius...

Barack Obama chooses Kathleen Sebelius for Vice President

August 18, 2008

We have a credible lead that Barack Obama will be announcing Kathleen Sebelius for Vice President / VP.

Our sources work within an ad agency that is hired by the Obama campaign, and have noted that the vast majority of the discussions there are regarding material logistics in terms of Kathleen on the vice president ticket. Now until this is verified please file it as rumor, however our sources on this are not bad.. and have yet to be proven wrong.

Our source noted “It will get a women on the ticket that shares the same views as Obama” a reference to many of the Hillary supporters..

Then of course we had to do some research.

Tribble Agency (http://www.tribbleagency.com/?p=1747)

MannyIsGod
08-20-2008, 02:35 AM
An ad agency has done some recent domain name registration research and thinks Obama's pick will be Kathleen Sebelius...

Barack Obama chooses Kathleen Sebelius for Vice President

August 18, 2008

Tribble Agency (http://www.tribbleagency.com/?p=1747)

That would be an interesting pick. She's been a dark horse ever since the Veepstakes started. Would be a pleasant surprise.

UTexasFan
08-20-2008, 11:19 AM
From Chuck Todd, Mark Murray, and Domenico Montanaro
*** Biden walks it back: Yesterday, all the signs pointed to the fact that Biden was emerging Obama’s likely VP pick -- until the Delaware senator quickly seemed to dash that speculation yesterday. “You guys have better things to do,” Biden told the reporters staking him out, as he was leaving his home in Delaware to play golf. "I'm not the guy." But upon his return, he appeared to walk back that denial. "I promise, I don't know anything, have no idea, have spoken to no one,” Biden said. Then asked whether he thinks he’s still being considered, he answered: "I have no idea. You guys know as well as I do. See ya, fellas." A Biden source told us not to read too much into his "I’m-not-the-guy" statement, saying he was pretending not to be Biden -- rather than stating he wasn’t going to be Obama’s VP. Also, does anyone think Biden would have been out golfing and smiling had he found out he wasn't the guy?

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/

IceColdBrewski
08-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Biden?

Because nothing screams Change louder than having a gray haired career politician as your second in command?

dg7md
08-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Please, please be Biden.

Although Hilary would assure Obama as the president, Biden would be a great suit as VP.

08-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Obama/Biden 2008
"Change You Can Xerox!"