PDA

View Full Version : Artest arrives in H-Town

Roxsfan
08-19-2008, 09:04 PM
http://www.click2houston.com/video/17237304/index.html

short airport interview

cliff notes-- had yao stayed healthy, rox probably win championship and then perhaps artest does not come to Houston. If he would still come to houston, it would be for a repeat 'ship.
Says he is not missing piece, but a hellofa piece (of the puzzle) to get a team over the top. But Yao was the missing piece last yr and he is willing to be a servant to yao--whatever he says or the team says, he does.
Excited to be in Houston with the rockets.

TMAC-YAO-ARTEST
08-19-2008, 09:08 PM
sweet.

ThunderStix®
08-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Whether or not Yao was injured, the Rockets were not going to win the championship. Next season may be different though.

I see the Rockets finishing in the top three next year if everything works out.

TMAC-YAO-ARTEST
08-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Whether or not Yao was injured, the Rockets were not going to win the championship. Next season may be different though.

I see the Rockets finishing in the top three next year if everything works out.

you never know though:wow

mystargtr34
08-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Really good pick up... that new GM you got there is workin wonders.

Thanks for givin us Lindsay !!!

TMAC-YAO-ARTEST
08-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Really good pick up... that new GM you got there is workin wonders.

Thanks for givin us Lindsay !!!

I know, we sure would have been SOL if SA had Morey, Artest, Scola, Barry and few other recent drafts that Morey out did SA on and then traded away for more talent and stuff..........

ThunderStix®
08-19-2008, 10:16 PM

Sorry, nobody in the west was gonna beat the L.A. sterns err.. Lakers.

angelbelow
08-19-2008, 10:26 PM

houston might have a better shot than us this year..

TMAC-YAO-ARTEST
08-19-2008, 10:34 PM

Until the Boston Sterns.....errr Celtics got to them.

wireonfire
08-19-2008, 10:45 PM

Stern wants his Chinese league, doesn't he?:p:

manufor3
08-19-2008, 10:56 PM

he said WERE

TMAC-YAO-ARTEST
08-20-2008, 07:24 PM
he said WERE

yeah, you never know if they WERE going to win last year.

I was not saying you never know about the future:sleep

ThunderStix®
08-20-2008, 08:33 PM
yeah, you never know if they WERE going to win last year.

I was not saying you never know about the future:sleep

Of course we don't really know the future, I was just saying that it seemed the league had an agenda, and weren't gonna let the Rockets get in the way of it, even if Yao had been healthy.

I'll give credit to the Rockets for their off-season moves, I believe they could end up with a championship if everything works out. Though it will be tough for anyone to beat the Lakers next season with Bynum coming back.

TMAC-YAO-ARTEST
08-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Of course we don't really know the future, I was just saying that it seemed the league had an agenda, and weren't gonna let the Rockets get in the way of it, even if Yao had been healthy.

I'll give credit to the Rockets for their off-season moves, I believe they could end up with a championship if everything works out. Though it will be tough for anyone to beat the Lakers next season with Bynum coming back.

I just can't wait to play all the good teams with a healthy rox squad---will be so much fun to play the celts, lakers, spurs, suns, mavs, blazers, pistons, hornies, and jizz.

now some may say the mavs or insert other team are not GOOD, but they are still holding a decent team at least for the reg. season.

sribb43
08-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Donnie Nelson is a tool....Artest should be in Big D

GuerillaBlack
08-20-2008, 09:55 PM

Well, the Rockets will have a healthy Yao with the addition of Artest. Let's see here:

Alston = Fisher
McGrady < Kobe
Artest > Odum
Scola < Gasol
Yao > Bynum

Then you have the Rockets bench above the Lakers bench.

ThunderStix®
08-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Well, the Rockets will have a healthy Yao with the addition of Artest. Let's see here:

Alston = Fisher
McGrady < Kobe
Artest > Odum
Scola < Gasol
Yao > Bynum

Then you have the Rockets bench above the Lakers bench.

We'll see, I still think the Lakers should be considered the favorites in the west next season. However, the Rockets are very capable of beating them in a seven game series.

m33p0
08-20-2008, 11:11 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2002-09/4653978.jpg
Is this it?

TMAC-YAO-ARTEST
08-21-2008, 10:35 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2002-09/4653978.jpg
Is this it?

He is not white, nice try:rolleyes

DANILO DRASKOVIC
08-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Artest and Rafer will share criminal defense lawyers