PDA

View Full Version : Et tu Becky?

zepn
08-20-2008, 09:56 AM
"Becky Hammon... was able to participate in every playoff and two WNBA Championships (1999 and 2002) during her association with the New York Liberty before switching to the San Antonio Spurs... then signed a contract in which she could play for a Russian basketball team."

:lol

SenorSpur
08-20-2008, 10:03 AM
So what? Was it her fault that she wasn't chosen by the US Women's Basketball Selection Committee? Out of 22 possibles, she didn't get an invite. They only became interested in her after she committed to playing for Russia. I don't see a problem. Hell, Russia has no chance of winning anyway. So what does it matter?

bdictjames
08-20-2008, 10:05 AM
SenorSpur that's not his point. :lol

SenorSpur
08-20-2008, 03:08 PM
SenorSpur that's not his point. :lol

OK. My bad fellas. I just re-read it.

Hey, maybe Becky would be a better backup for TP than JV. At least she's not offensively challenged :lol

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 03:37 PM
"Becky Hammon... was able to participate in every playoff and two WNBA Championships (1999 and 2002) during her association with the New York Liberty before switching to the San Antonio Spurs... then signed a contract in which she could play for a Russian basketball team."

Dude, I wish!

Becky is awesome!

BacktoBasics
08-20-2008, 03:44 PM
I hope Becky falls off a Russian cliff to hear death only to have her corpse buttfucked by Russian yaks leaving her wallered out body to ultimately be devoured by a Yeti.

She's a butthurt little bitch who couldn't make the team. Boo hoo. Traitor.

lefty
08-20-2008, 04:10 PM

So her real name is Fabricio Oberto ?

I knew it....:hat

BlackSwordsMan
08-20-2008, 04:32 PM
CIA pop's attempt to bring back Barry?

BWS-1994
08-20-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm a bit confused though... does she have dual citizenship or something now?

Flight3107
08-20-2008, 04:45 PM
I hope Becky falls off a Russian cliff to hear death only to have her corpse buttfucked by Russian yaks leaving her wallered out body to ultimately be devoured by a Yeti.

:toast

Buddy Holly
08-20-2008, 04:56 PM

Ironic seeing as how one of your own American players is playing for another country. :lol

rapliketp
08-20-2008, 06:17 PM
I don't see a problem. Hell, Russia has no chance of winning anyway. So what does it matter?
Russia knocked off USA in the semi finals at the last women's WC in 2006.

Obstructed_View
08-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Ironic seeing as how one of your own American players is playing for another country. :lol

I don't know about Flight3107, but I'll post something similar about Kaman when the German tanks roll into Austria and his dumb ass is still playing for them.

T Park
08-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Yeah with the developments involving Russia, and Beck sticking with Russia, really dissapointed me.

Trainwreck2100
08-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Bitch is gonna get paid

cool hand
08-21-2008, 08:16 AM
Olymipic Prostitution should be banned. If you can't make your team, just suck it up.

becky hammon=traitor.

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Yeah with the developments involving Russia, and Beck sticking with Russia, really dissapointed me.

Why? She's playing basketball not being a diplomat. You do know the US invaded a country starting a war not too long ago,

Let's not get so high and mighty.

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 08:41 AM
Olymipic Prostitution should be banned. If you can't make your team, just suck it up.

becky hammon=traitor.

She plays and lives in Russia during the WNBA off season.

She didn't just spin a globe and stop it with her finger. :lol

MoSpur
08-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Well, she only scored six points, but Russia gave the US a hard time. I didn't mind Becky playing for Russia. She should have been selected to play for the US. She has citizenship over in Russia so why not. Its not like she's giving Russia info about our armed forces or whatever.

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I forgot to mention that as well. She was made a Russian citizen because she plays over there so much.

TDMVPDPOY
08-21-2008, 09:34 AM
i dunno man, its not like russia needs her on the team, they dont look like they have a problem winning or being competitive.

MoSpur
08-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Some people take the Olympics way to serious. I have a bunch of pride in the US teams and what not, but I am not going all nuts and calling Becky Hammon a traitor because she played BASKETBALL for another country. Its sports people. Nothing else.

zepn
08-21-2008, 10:07 AM
I just thought it was funny they said she played for the Spurs - and then she left for Europe like all of our other recent prospects... (hence "Et tu Becky?")

btw, the Russian team mentioned in the quote was not their Olympic team.

Kamnik
08-21-2008, 04:29 PM
I find name of this topic super funny :P :D

TDMVPDPOY
08-21-2008, 06:19 PM
I just thought it was funny they said she played for the Spurs - and then she left for Europe like all of our other recent prospects... (hence "Et tu Becky?")

btw, the Russian team mentioned in the quote was not their Olympic team.

dude alot of female ballers play all year man, whether its in the wnba, or moving to europe to play in the off season just to earn more money, i see nothing wrong with that

TDMVPDPOY
08-21-2008, 07:01 PM
2pt in a knockout game, ca mon becky u can do better than that

u guys saw that american female player who was undercut by the russian player

wisnub
08-21-2008, 10:50 PM

Becky is really hot....

zepn
08-23-2008, 01:24 AM
dude alot of female ballers play all year man, whether its in the wnba, or moving to europe to play in the off season just to earn more money, i see nothing wrong with that

You missed the point. I'll give up trying to explain it... again...

DarkMaverick
08-23-2008, 07:17 AM

Traitor? Are we at war or something here? We are talking about the olympics!!! She has russian ancestry so what is wrong playing for Russia?

How do you like to have your ass butt fucked by a Cayote???