PDA

View Full Version : Do you tip at Sonic?

JBIIRockets
08-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Simple Question. Yes or No.

Everytime I eat there, I always wonder if I should tip them since they bring your food to you.

florige
08-20-2008, 12:48 PM
uh-oh......:lmao

BacktoBasics
08-20-2008, 12:48 PM
This must be where the new Matrix starts over fresh again.

remingtonbo2001
08-20-2008, 12:49 PM
No, nor do I eat there.

IMO, their food is terrible.

CuckingFunt
08-20-2008, 12:56 PM

No, it's not starting over.

Deja vu is just a glitch.

IceColdBrewski
08-20-2008, 12:56 PM
I usually do.

mrsmaalox
08-20-2008, 12:59 PM
I do

ducks
08-20-2008, 01:02 PM
no
but if you leave a quarter you are acting like a child

Viva Las Espuelas
08-20-2008, 01:05 PM
i guess the search feature isn't working. here's a hint. pay with credit card and youre off the hook.

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 01:07 PM
If the food runner is courteous and friendly, yes.
Otherwise no.

I try not to hold it against the car hop if the food takes awhile to come out because I realize they do not cook it.

ashbeeigh
08-20-2008, 01:07 PM
oh lord

to21
08-20-2008, 01:08 PM
This again?

Is this ATRAIN's troll?

JudynTX
08-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Absolutely, the leftover change from my order.

Dex
08-20-2008, 01:14 PM
I don't think the people at Sonic deserve a....

Wait. This has been done already.

If you really want my opinion, go back in time...http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96545&highlight=sonic

The real poll should be....How many guys only tip the Sonic chick if she's good lookin?

thispego
08-20-2008, 01:15 PM
yes.. if my carhop is hot.. if not... nope

lol

florige
08-20-2008, 01:16 PM
This again?

Is this ATRAIN's troll?

:lmao:rollin

Viva Las Espuelas
08-20-2008, 01:17 PM
yes.. if my carhop is hot.. if not... nope

lol

here's a better question. do you go back because she is hot?

UTexasFan
08-20-2008, 01:19 PM
hell no

its a fast food joint. Why should they get a tip because someone walks a few steps to hand you the bag of food vs giving it to you out a fast food window? When you're at Whataburger or something...and they ask you to pull forward if the order is taking a bit longer so some dude can bring it out to your car after a few mins - do you tip then?

Dex
08-20-2008, 01:21 PM
When you're at Whataburger or something...and they ask you to pull forward if the order is taking a bit longer so some dude can bring it out to your car after a few mins - do you tip then?

You don't? Cheap ass.

You're the reason the economy is in a recession. :lmao

dallaskd
08-20-2008, 01:21 PM
It's called "Keep the change"

T Park
08-20-2008, 01:31 PM
I doubt a tip would get a number.

baseline bum
08-20-2008, 01:32 PM
hell no

its a fast food joint. Why should they get a tip because someone walks a few steps to hand you the bag of food vs giving it to you out a fast food window? When you're at Whataburger or something...and they ask you to pull forward if the order is taking a bit longer so some dude can bring it out to your car after a few mins - do you tip then?

word

I'm not tipping for fucking fast food. If Sonic expects me to pay their employees wages, they could at least not have the most expensive and shittiest tasting fast food.

Dex
08-20-2008, 01:36 PM
It's called "Keep the change"

I'd be interested to see how the tip shares Sonic employees receive was affected when they installed all the automatic card swipers on the drive-in menu.

I bet Mr. The Hedgehog is spinning in his grave.

samikeyp
08-20-2008, 01:43 PM
When they finally get them up here in the Arctic....I will be glad to just to be able eat there again.

jack sommerset
08-20-2008, 01:49 PM
I don't but what makes me laugh are these dumb fucks that atually say they give them there change. 39 cents is not a tip, its a insult.

Some of those workers that walk 30 feet with a bag of burgers really work for that change. Thanking you,going over your order, complementing your choices and of course they finish you off with some mints. Get a job as a waiter.

I will not go to a Sonic unless in a mall because of the whole tipping controversy. I called Sonic corp 7-8 years ago, they said they do not do tips but some of these workers expect it.

Blake
08-20-2008, 01:58 PM
I hate Sonic.....

yet that stupid happy hour keeps drawing me in...

If I ever get into an accident because I was drunk on a lime slushy, you can bet that I'm gonna sue Sonic for not realizing that I should have been cut off.

thispego
08-20-2008, 02:26 PM
here's a better question. do you go back because she is hot?

fuck no, she's just a hood rat sonic carhop. turn-over rate is too high at sonic anywyas... i dont go often enough to catch the same one twice

bus driver
08-20-2008, 02:27 PM
since the topic is tipping, would you tip a waiter or waitress that overcharges you?

here is the story, some friends and i were out eating and drinking but i told the waitress that i want a separate tab and she said cool. well at the end of the night, she charged me $20 more. and she got mad because i didnt leave her a good tip, so i told her why and she looked at me like i was crazy! what would others have done?

IronMexican
08-20-2008, 02:28 PM
i wish i knew a sonics out here

mrsmaalox
08-20-2008, 02:29 PM
I hate Sonic.....

yet that stupid happy hour keeps drawing me in...

If I ever get into an accident because I was drunk on a lime slushy, you can bet that I'm gonna sue Sonic for not realizing that I should have been cut off.

I'm extremely fond of Sonic's happy hour myself

Blake
08-20-2008, 02:40 PM
since the topic is tipping, would you tip a waiter or waitress that overcharges you?

here is the story, some friends and i were out eating and drinking but i told the waitress that i want a separate tab and she said cool. well at the end of the night, she charged me $20 more. and she got mad because i didnt leave her a good tip, so i told her why and she looked at me like i was crazy! what would others have done?

I dont follow. if you were overcharged why didnt you go to the manager to get your money back?

fatsack
08-20-2008, 02:48 PM
only if she's a midget.

(Obscure CosmicCowboy reference)

Anti.Hero
08-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Not for an 8 dollar hambuger, with shitty tater tots and 3/4 ice 1/4 coke.

Shit is getting expensive. Can't wait until the min. wage is $8.

MannyIsGod
08-20-2008, 04:06 PM
8 dollar hamburger? wtf?

IronMexican
08-20-2008, 04:08 PM
how much is minimo in Texas?

baseline bum
08-20-2008, 04:19 PM

Isn't it like $5.50/hr or something really fucked up?

AlamoSpursFan
08-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Has anybody else noticed that Sonic is starting to build restaurants with no drive up menus? There's one in Italy, TX, across the highway from the truck stop and there's one in Ozona, TX. Just Sonic like any other fast food place. No carhops, just a building with a drive thru.

IronMexican
08-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Isn't it like $5.50/hr or something really fucked up?

shit must be cheap out there or it to be that low

MannyIsGod
08-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Has anybody else noticed that Sonic is starting to build restaurants with no drive up menus? There's one in Italy, TX, across the highway from the truck stop and there's one in Ozona, TX. Just Sonic like any other fast food place. No carhops, just a building with a drive thru.

Good

PM5K
08-20-2008, 04:27 PM
I rarely do because I usually don't order much, but if I order for the whole family and they have to carry a bunch of shit out then I usually tip.

Ginofan
08-20-2008, 05:45 PM

I believe minimum wage went up to $7.25 this past July 24th.

rr2418
08-20-2008, 06:15 PM

Everytime I eat there, I always wonder if I should tip them since they bring your food to you.

I read in the Express-News last year in the Food Section from a Sonic's rep that customers DO NOT have to tip!

Kori Ellis
08-20-2008, 06:29 PM
I read in the Express-News last year in the Food Section from a Sonic's rep that customers DO NOT have to tip!

Well no one HAS to tip. ;)

But I think their employees are paid decently (not waitress wages) so they probably aren't expecting much of a tip. I find that the order is wrong about 1/2 the time at Sonic. Peach tea becomes raspberry tea, etc. We tip them sometimes and sometimes not.

Kori Ellis
08-20-2008, 06:33 PM
I believe minimum wage went up to $7.25 this past July 24th.

I think that it's actually $6.55. It goes up to $7.25 next year on July 24th, as far as I know.

The cash wage minimum for tipped employees is $2.13 :wow

Brutalis
08-20-2008, 06:34 PM
I tip my change. If it's 14.11 I'll give 15.00 and say keep it. That's it though.

Ginofan
08-20-2008, 06:58 PM
I think that it's actually $6.55. It goes up to $7.25 next year on July 24th, as far as I know.

Yup, you're right, my bad! I knew it was going up to 7 something...I just thought it was this past year.

exstatic
08-20-2008, 07:56 PM

http://bp3.blogger.com/_y0mmhvYNQ80/RyVYsNRgBAI/AAAAAAAAAW4/bOFZzOsd0-E/s400/Black+Cat.jpghttp://bp3.blogger.com/_y0mmhvYNQ80/RyVYsNRgBAI/AAAAAAAAAW4/bOFZzOsd0-E/s400/Black+Cat.jpg

T Park
08-20-2008, 08:09 PM

Good lord....

7.25?

baseline bum
08-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Good lord....

7.25?

Good lord because... ?

Sense
08-20-2008, 08:10 PM

lmao I love this thread..

I've been wondering this FOREVER!

lol besides questioning myself if I should tip or not... it could always seem awkward too.... you know... It's too easy of a job for them to earn tips.. they only make one trip to your car and get the money...

they really don't break a sweat.

T Park
08-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Good lord because... ?

Thats gotta be hell on the small business owners.

mavs>spurs2
08-20-2008, 08:22 PM

what the fuck? 7.25 is peanuts..that's barely even enough for spending money for a high school kid now days.

exstatic
08-20-2008, 08:23 PM

Well, it didn't go up at all for like 15 years. This just isn't summer working kids. There are people who have to live on that. It will work out to be ~ $14,500 per year.

mavs>spurs2
08-20-2008, 08:25 PM
I say raise it to 10 dollars so companies quit hiring illegals to work cheap and it would also help narrow the gap between the rich and the poor.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-20-2008, 08:28 PM
I say raise it to 10 dollars so companies quit hiring illegals to work cheap and it would also help narrow the gap between the rich and the poor.

Wait, what?

mavs>spurs2
08-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Wait, what?

does that not still happen now days? the company i work for just hired an illegal and he makes minimum wage

i know it's against the law but since i've seen it, i assumed it still happens

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-20-2008, 08:32 PM
You think an even higher minimum wage would cause employers to further refrain from hiring people who can't exactly go to the Department of Labor to complain about wages?

mavs>spurs2
08-20-2008, 08:33 PM
You have a point. But raising it would still take some of the money out of the business owners hands and into the little guy's pocket, correct?

J.T.
08-20-2008, 08:36 PM
People tip at Sonic because back in the day Sonic only hired pretty girls to work as carhops, and if you slipped one of them a little tip, she'd give your her phone number and you could get some action on the side later that night.

Now Sonic has changed its ways and hires "OK" to borderline ugly girls, and even men to bring your food to you. For whatever reason, probably the overweight patrons who frequent Sonic lowering their standards, the tipping thing has carried over even though most Sonics only employ maybe five truly attractive women and never have them working the same shift.

Bottomline is people feeling sorry for Sonic girls not getting tipped need to piss off. There are 100 other part time jobs I can think of that require more work than walking to someone's car and handing them a bag of food.

T Park
08-20-2008, 08:36 PM
what the fuck? 7.25 is peanuts..that's barely even enough for spending money for a high school kid now days.

Start up a business and then you tell me how its peanuts.

baseline bum
08-20-2008, 08:37 PM
LMAO @ $7.25 hurting a business owner's pockets. If you're paying your workers $7.25 an hour, then you're probably getting ripped off as no one's going to give a shit about whether they're doing enough to make your company successful for those kind of peanuts.

T Park
Well, it didn't go up at all for like 15 years. This just isn't summer working kids. There are people who have to live on that. It will work out to be ~ $14,500 per year.

If your worth your weight, you will get a raise from that.

I'm sorry if decisions the person made forces them to live on that, but a business owner shouldn't be penalized every year having to raise it.

Jekka
It was hard enough to make ends meet making $13.70/hr this past year considering the prices of gas and food. It's still insane to me how much I have to spend at the grocery store now to avoid eating like crap, compared to just a couple of years ago. Produce, dairy, meat ... it's all gone up so freaking much. I can't remember the last time I went to store and spent less than $30, which is ridiculous. Minimum wage is a joke.

mavs>spurs2
08-20-2008, 08:38 PM

Yes, I work with some people like this and feel so bad for them. America is changing the gap between the rich and the poor just keeps growing and growing, the middle class is starting to disappear.

T Park
08-20-2008, 08:38 PM
LMAO @ $7.25 hurting a business owner's pockets. If you're paying your workers $7.25 an hour, then you're probably getting ripped off as no one's going to give a shit about whether they're doing enough to make your company successful for those kind of peanuts.

:lol

Typical "F the business owner" mentality this county has now a days.

baseline bum
08-20-2008, 08:40 PM

Who is going to have any loyalty to a boss who Jews them like that?

mavs>spurs2
08-20-2008, 08:43 PM

I'm sorry if decisions the person made forces them to live on that, but a business owner shouldn't be penalized every year having to raise it.

dude, you fail at understanding economics. in order for the economy to function there HAS to be people at the bottom. if everyone on earth made the right decisions and went to college there would STILL wouldn't be enough high paying jobs for everyone

CuckingFunt
08-20-2008, 08:45 PM

You really are fucking clueless, aren't you?

J.T.
08-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Dude I worked for FAMILY for two years and got Jew'd up by my own blood. Two years and no raise is bullshit. F the business owner if they're going to be like that. I'm going to get my cousin an Israel flag for Christmas. Or maybe a sweater with the star of David.

PM5K
08-20-2008, 08:50 PM
This shit is funny, TPark is such a horrible businessman that he can't afford to pay his employees 7.25 an hour AND make money for himself..

baseline bum
08-20-2008, 08:50 PM

This one really cracks me up... as if $5.50 is the same as it was 15 years ago. :lmao

$7.25/hr is the equivalent 45 cents/hour less than it was 13 years ago when the minimum wage was $5.50. :lol

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001519.html

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-20-2008, 08:56 PM
I like where this thread is going.

T Park
08-20-2008, 09:07 PM
dude, you fail at understanding economics. in order for the economy to function there HAS to be people at the bottom. if everyone on earth made the right decisions and went to college there would STILL wouldn't be enough high paying jobs for everyone

No i understand that :lol

But to keep raising minimum wage every year and not give the business owners a break IE california in their budget is talking of raising taxes again on business owners, hurts everyone.

T Park
08-20-2008, 09:07 PM
You really are fucking clueless, aren't you?

Yup.

Owning a business and being fucked by the people of your state has really jaded me over the years pardon me.

T Park
08-20-2008, 09:08 PM
This one really cracks me up... as if $5.50 is the same as it was 15 years ago. :lmao

$7.25/hr is the equivalent 45 cents/hour less than it was 13 years ago when the minimum wage was $5.50. :lol

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001519.html

Yes.

What about the taxes the business owner paid, do they get adjusted for the raise in the money he has to pay out?

CuckingFunt
08-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Yup.

Owning a business and being fucked by the people of your state has really jaded me over the years pardon me.

I wasn't referring to the actions of my state, which has done a pretty good job in recent years of fucking everyone regardless of social status.

Rather, I was referring to the Bootstraps Theory bullshit assumption that a hearty work ethic is the only thing people earning minimum wage need to better support themselves. Try supporting yourself, or better yet your family, on $7.25/hour in a thankless minimum wage job for a year and then complain to me about the oppressive life of a business owner.

And, before you have a chance to assume that I don't know what it's like to own a business in California, you should probably know that I have two family members who owned businesses for well over a decade each and had to pay employees. One of whom I did the bookkeeping for. I know how it works.

T Park
08-20-2008, 09:17 PM
[Try supporting yourself, or better yet your family, on $7.25/hour in a thankless minimum wage job for a year and then complain to me about the oppressive life of a business owner.

/QUOTE]

That wage was neve MEANT to support a family on.

[QUOTE]And, before you have a chance to assume that I don't know what it's like to own a business in California, you should probably know that I have two family members who owned businesses for well over a decade each and had to pay employees. One of whom I did the bookkeeping for. I know how it works.

Never said you didn't.

Then you should know what a dickhead this state is to business ownes then.

baseline bum
08-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Yes.

What about the taxes the business owner paid, do they get adjusted for the raise in the money he has to pay out?

My parents are business owners in Texas, and they told me they pay significantly less taxes on their business than they did 15 years ago.

Tits McGee
08-20-2008, 09:31 PM
I tip at Sonic!!!

CuckingFunt
08-20-2008, 09:35 PM

Doesn't mean it's not happening. A lot.

Obviously, I don't know you, and I would never presume to know your entire life history. But based on what I've read here, you've managed a certain amount of financial success in your life -- you're a business owner (from family, right?), you're able to travel, you have nice things -- and you've probably had to work very hard to get/maintain those things. So, congratulations to your success. Sincerely.

But not everyone is so lucky, no matter how hard they may work throughout their lifetime.

The attitude, which usually comes from those with privilege (and, as far as this country is concerned, young white male business owner with money = privilege), that other people can be equally successful if only they apply themselves is incredibly ignorant. And a particular pet peeve of mine. Your employees aren't working for you because operating carnival rides is their lifelong dream; they need that job. To even have the gall to complain about having to pay your employees $7.25/hour (or whatever it is in California, since that was originally thrown out as a Texas figure) just floors me.

Jekka
08-20-2008, 09:40 PM

Obviously, I don't know you, and I would never presume to know your entire life history. But based on what I've read here, you've managed a certain amount of financial success in your life -- you're a business owner (from family, right?), you're able to travel, you have nice things -- and you've probably had to work very hard to get/maintain those things. So, congratulations to your success. Sincerely.

But not everyone is so lucky, no matter how hard they may work throughout their lifetime.

The attitude, which usually comes from those with privilege (and, as far as this country is concerned, young white male business owner with money = privilege), that other people can be equally successful if only they apply themselves is incredibly ignorant. And a particular pet peeve of mine. Your employees aren't working for you because operating carnival rides is their lifelong dream; they need that job. To even have the gall to complain about having to pay your employees $7.25/hour (or whatever it is in California, since that was originally thrown out as a Texas figure) just floors me.

Thanks for saying that much more nicely than I was about to :tu

pseudofan
08-20-2008, 10:22 PM
What really pisses me off is when they PRESUME they can tip themselves with my change........:bang
Bitches!
Once, the bill was like 3.75 and I paid with a $10......... the bitch came back with $5.25 for my change..... I was like, "hand over my other dollar dirty whore!"

UHGGGGGGGHHH! I was sooooooo pissed!

Ronaldo McDonald
08-20-2008, 10:47 PM

:rollin

He owns a carnival?

Edit: Ban-worthy material.

baseline bum
08-20-2008, 11:05 PM
:rollin

He owns a carnival?

Edit: Ban-worthy material.

pussy

bus driver
08-21-2008, 09:13 AM
I dont follow. if you were overcharged why didnt you go to the manager to get your money back?

the extra $20 was from a friends bill (that he didnt get charged) so i paid the $20 from what would have been on his bill

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 09:20 AM
I always leave a tip at Sonics.

"Go to college."

Viva Las Espuelas
08-21-2008, 10:10 AM
i kinda see both points of the argument between t park and everyone else, but there's a reason it's called minimum wage. if you work for minimum wage don't expect to have a "maximum" life. you gotta be held accountable of what you bring yourself. if you have 12 kids and lay everything in sight, then don't feel that you're screwed or your boss is an ass. live with your own actions. to all the ones bitching at tpark about what he pays his employees, try running a business yourself and i think, no, i pretty sure you'll see where he's coming from.

englishspursfan
08-21-2008, 10:28 AM
my missus fist took we there when i was in texas an she bought this drink which i could only desribe as tasteing like alien piss an never ate there since

AlamoSpursFan
08-21-2008, 10:36 AM
my missus fist took we there when i was in texas an she bought this drink which i could only desribe as tasteing like alien piss an never ate there since

Route 44 Cherry Limeade!

YEEHAW!!!

Anti.Hero
08-21-2008, 10:37 AM
yesssss my min. wage derail was successful.

Onto the next campaign.

AlamoSpursFan
08-21-2008, 10:41 AM
A couple of the cars are still on the track, but the ones with the deadly chlorine gas appear to have ruptured.

Dex
08-21-2008, 10:49 AM

Extremely well put.

manufor3
08-21-2008, 10:56 AM
yes, thats the only way sonic makes money

mavs>spurs2
08-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Sonic is the ONLY fast food place where they expect tips. Sonic should just pay their workers full wage instead of expecting consumers to subsidize their labor expenses.

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 11:32 AM

Those employees are the ones making your owner money. Tell that owner to own his business and go out and make that small scratch and we'll see how well they like it.

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 11:32 AM

The same to you. :toast

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 11:35 AM

It's like you purposely intend to look like a douche bag.

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Sonic is the ONLY fast food place where they expect tips. Sonic should just pay their workers full wage instead of expecting consumers to subsidize their labor expenses.

I agree. It's stupid that make them get tips when they're not even "waiters."

mrsmaalox
08-21-2008, 11:47 AM

Other fast food restaurants don't necessarily pay a full wage. The minimum wage applies only to non-exempt employees. Part time emplyees are exempt. Fast food restaurants hire mostly students on a part time basis, thus they don't qualify for benefits either. So in reality, the fast food places are raking in the dough, by not paying full wage/full time benefits and the consumer is still subsidizing their labor expenses thru the ever increasing prices of their products. So don't at Sonic tip if you don't want to, but when you do, the only person who is benefitting is the carhop---not Sonic, they've already made their money off of you.

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 11:58 AM

How small a business are we talking? Because I've heard from people who deal with "small" businesses that a "small" business is a company with at least 5 million dollars in yearly revenue.

But let's say you mean a small restaurant with 15 employees and they operating budget is 500,000 a year. Most really small business don't have more than 15 employees and that's pushing it.

Let's say those people employees earn... $5.50 an hour.

Those three employees are costing that restaurant $158,400 a year to employee.

Now let's say they gave each employee a raise and they're now making $7.25 an hour.

Well, those 15 employees are now costing $208,800 to employ.

A whooping $50,400 more a year in expenses. You're fucking retarded if you think that's a big deal.

ashbeeigh
08-21-2008, 01:58 PM
I just went to Sonic and gave the girl a tip... after using my credit card.

Anti.Hero
08-21-2008, 02:02 PM
It's like you purposely intend to look like a douche bag.

awww the truth hurts.

Blake
08-21-2008, 02:04 PM
How small a business are we talking? Because I've heard from people who deal with "small" businesses that a "small" business is a company with at least 5 million dollars in yearly revenue.

But let's say you mean a small restaurant with 15 employees and they operating budget is 500,000 a year. Most really small business don't have more than 15 employees and that's pushing it.

Let's say those people employees earn... $5.50 an hour.

Those three employees are costing that restaurant $158,400 a year to employee.

Now let's say they gave each employee a raise and they're now making $7.25 an hour.

Well, those 15 employees are now costing $208,800 to employ.

A whooping $50,400 more a year in expenses. You're fucking retarded if you think that's a big deal.

just curious, how did you calculate these expenses?

A person making $5 an hour grosses roughly $10,000 a year on a 40 hour work week. x3 = $30,000. Where does the extra $120,000+ in expense come from?

Anti.Hero
08-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Those employees are the ones making your owner money. Tell that owner to own his business and go out and make that small scratch and we'll see how well they like it.

This makes no sense. Most owners HAVE gone out and started at the bottom and done all the grunt work. The current grunts could not keep the business above water. Most business owners cannot even keep their own business above water.

TPark is owning you guys.

Min. wage jobs are for high school kids and people with no education. Education is a bitch, but life is also a bitch. Don't have two kids if you know you will still be making 5.50 in 5 years. But F that responsible stuff. This is America.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-21-2008, 02:14 PM
I can't find anyone to work for $10-12/hour up here. At least, anyone who actually wants to work.

Found a lot of people who just want to collect a paycheck every week.

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 02:25 PM
just curious, how did you calculate these expenses?

A person making $5 an hour grosses roughly $10,000 a year on a 40 hour work week. x3 = $30,000. Where does the extra $120,000+ in expense come from?

Remove the word three. I meant 15, as in the 15 employees I mentioned.

I seriously did not realize I typed three. :lol

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 02:26 PM
awww the truth hurts.

Yeah, it hurt me so much. :sleep

Whether that statement was the truth or not, the simple fact is, he comes off sounding like a douche bag.

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 02:40 PM
This makes no sense. Most owners HAVE gone out and started at the bottom and done all the grunt work. The current grunts could not keep the business above water. Most business owners cannot even keep their own business above water.

What owners are you talking about? How many people start off with no employees to begin with let alone a business that can get away with playing employees $5.50?

Please thoroughly explain that to me and others.

TPark is owning you guys.

Well, since you said it, it must be true. :lol

Min. wage jobs are for high school kids and people with no education. Education is a bitch, but life is also a bitch. Don't have two kids if you know you will still be making 5.50 in 5 years. But F that responsible stuff. This is America.

What a pile of dog shit that came from out of your mouth. How warm was it?

Fuck you're a sad excuse for a human being.

The minimum wage was enacted in the 1930's, was so to keep wages fair not because Johnny wanted a cool job during high school.

Do you know that the minimum wage in 1968 was more than it is now, adjusted for inflation. How sad is that?

Yet now we have high schoolers making hundreds of thousands of dollars as well as becoming millionaires but we can't raise the minimum wage so that everyone has a chance at a above poverty living.

jack sommerset
08-21-2008, 02:47 PM
I can imagine the embarassment of working at a fast food chain in itself but to have some dipshit say "keep the change" a womping 17 cents would even be more embarassing. Why don't you just stand on a corner with ur hand out. its a fast food place. You don't tip some asshole because he walked a burger to ur car. The asshole does not even take the order. I will not eat at Sonic with the car ports because of this bullshit. it makes me uneasy.

Anti.Hero
08-21-2008, 02:47 PM

Spoken like a true non-business owner?

You have any idea how valuable that capital would be on purchasing discounts alone?

Blake
08-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Remove the word three. I meant 15, as in the 15 employees I mentioned.

I seriously did not realize I typed three. :lol

gotcha. I thought maybe there some extreme insurance costs that I wasn't aware of.

Blake
08-21-2008, 02:57 PM
honestly, I don't think Ive ever had anyone over the age of 21 bring my food/drink out to my car.

and if you are a dude, you should not be working as a carhop for Sonic. Your sissy ass should be grabbing a feather duster and a black skirt to go to work for Molly Maid.....

just sayin

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Spoken like a true non-business owner?

You have any idea how valuable that capital would be on purchasing discounts alone?

Kid, I'm done with you. You come up with "the minimum wage is for teens and stupids" and well, yeah, that's enough of that stuff.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Almost as stupid as saying that increasing wages by 50k in a single year for a small business owner is nothing.

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Almost as stupid as saying that increasing wages by 50k in a single year for a small business owner is nothing.

Again, how small?

A small business, the size I assume you're thinking, wouldn't have 15 employees..

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Maybe some of you should read:

http://press.princeton.edu/titles/5632.html

TheSonicGuy
08-21-2008, 03:58 PM
I always let them keep the change.

jack sommerset
08-21-2008, 05:12 PM
I always let them keep the change.

Whats is ur best and worst tip?Anyone else can answer that.,