PDA

View Full Version : 112 One Dollar Bills

Pages : [1] 2

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 01:04 PM
Some parent just brought her twelve year old kid to make a purchase.

He bought a $132 item and paid for all but $20 bucks of it with one dollar bills.

The other day someone paid an associate of mine for a $20 item in quarters.

They make larger bills for a reason people.

BacktoBasics
08-20-2008, 01:06 PM
The ones are because mommy is a stripper.

JudynTX
08-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Money is money.

thispego
08-20-2008, 01:11 PM
whats wrong with that? it's all legal tender. good for them for not contributing to the cashless society.

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Money is money.

If I got to keep it, I would feel that way too.

But seeing as I have to count it and hand it in at the end of the day...

Although while I would accept cash however people want to gift it to me, I don't like carrying around a bunch of one and five dollar bills.

JudynTX
08-20-2008, 01:13 PM

Although while I would accept cash however people want to gift it to me, I don't like carrying around a bunch of one and five dollar bills.

You don't have a machine that counts the bills/coins for you?

I hate pennies.

thispego
08-20-2008, 01:14 PM
you have to count the money!!!?!?!?!?!?! horrors

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 01:14 PM
whats wrong with that? it's all legal tender. good for them for not contributing to the cashless society.

There is nothing wrong with it.

It just feels unprofessional and not courteous to me to hand someone a stack of cash to count, when it can be avoided.

At least the banks have those cash counting machines which makes things a little easier.

IronMexican
08-20-2008, 01:15 PM
i hate having 1 dollar bills, i end up spending my money on stupid shit.

when i got a larger bill, i am cheaper

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 01:15 PM
You don't have a machine that counts the bills/coins for you?

I hate pennies.

No. It's not a big deal except during Christmas when there is a lot of cash and we work long hours.
That is the only time I tend to have to recount.

blizz
08-20-2008, 01:17 PM

It just feels unprofessional and not courteous to me to hand someone a stack of cash to count, when it can be avoided.

At least the banks have those cash counting machines which makes things a little easier.

How do you know if could have been avoided? Sounds to me that you're being lazy. You don't like doing your job, quit or shut the fuck up. The fucking nerve...and you guys are gonna be running this thing? We're in deep shit.

blizz
08-20-2008, 01:18 PM
No. It's not a big deal except during Christmas when there is a lot of cash and we work long hours.
That is the only time I tend to have to recount.

Waaaaaaaaaaa

SpursWoman
08-20-2008, 01:20 PM

That kid probably saved for a really long time to make that purchase ... :wtf

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 01:21 PM
How do you know if could have been avoided?

It could have been avoided.

The kid could have taken his mom to court for a bigger allowance ( more than a dollar a day) like that Canadian kid took her dad to court to get out of being grounded.
:lol

remingtonbo2001
08-20-2008, 01:24 PM
How do you know if could have been avoided? Sounds to me that you're being lazy. You don't like doing your job, quit or shut the fuck up. The fucking nerve...and you guys are gonna be running this thing? We're in deep shit.

Hey jerkoff, use manners when talking to my sweetie. :ihit

Dex
08-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Yeah, one time when I was working at HEB, I had an obviously homeless individual come through my line with some honest food basics. Bread, sandwich meat, that kind of stuff..

The total came out to like 3 and a half dollars, and the lady started shoveling change out of her pocket, mostly pennies. Not only did I have a huge line forming behind her, but I could tell that she probably didn't have enough pennies even to cover the few bucks, so I insisted that she keep her change and I would cover the sale. She was very taken aback at first, but ended up being extremely grateful.

I put in a few dollars I had left over from lunch, and was like 50 cents off on my till for the day. But I'm pretty sure that few dollars meant a whole lot more to her than it did to me, even at minimum wage.

Dex
08-20-2008, 01:28 PM
As for this lady and her kid, sounds like she needs to teach the kid how Banking works before she teaches him how Shopping works, and have those Ones traded in for a real bill.

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Yeah, one time when I was working at HEB, I had an obviously homeless individual come through my line with some honest food basics. Bread, sandwich meat, that kind of stuff..

The total came out to like 3 and a half dollars, and the lady started shoveling change out of her pocket, mostly pennies. Not only did I have a huge line forming behind her, but I could tell that she probably didn't have enough pennies even to cover the few bucks, so I insisted that she keep her change and I would cover the sale. She was very taken aback at first, but ended up being extremely grateful.

I put in a few dollars I had left over from lunch, and was like 50 cents off on my till for the day. But I'm pretty sure that few dollars meant a whole lot more to her than it did to me, even at minimum wage.

That was really nice of you.

PakiDan
08-20-2008, 01:30 PM
That poor kid probably saved his allowance to buy whatever it was, and all you can give is grief... shame on you Angel

jack sommerset
08-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Take ur change to the grocery store. They have machines there that count it for u in minutes for 8 percent.

Dex
08-20-2008, 01:33 PM
That was really nice of you.

I don't care what race, sex, class, or religion you are; the golden rule should always apply.

Do unto others....:toast

T Park
08-20-2008, 01:33 PM
that was probobly his allowance and was bringing it in.

Not very understanding of you Angel....

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 01:34 PM
As for this lady and her kid, sounds like she needs to teach the kid how Banking works before she teaches him how Shopping works, and have those Ones traded in for a real bill.

That was my point.

I wasn't blaming the kid. He was obviously excited about his purchase and had worked hard for his money.
I pitched the products directly to the kid and gave him one of our promotional items as a bonus.
I think it is important that kids learn how to do business for themselves, so I like it when parents allow their kids to do the talking.

T Park
08-20-2008, 01:35 PM

Or him paying for it with the money he saved up is teaching him a lesson?

baseline bum
08-20-2008, 01:38 PM
i hate having 1 dollar bills, i end up spending my money on stupid shit.

when i got a larger bill, i am cheaper

Singles are great. Are you telling me you're going to go into the strip club with a fistful of twenties? Fucking richer!

clambake
08-20-2008, 01:40 PM
having a kid with the patience to save that many bills for something special, is special.

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Or him paying for it with the money he saved up is teaching him a lesson?

T-Park,

When you go to the bank and withdraw $100 dollars- the teller does not send you a hundred one dollar bills- unless of course you specifically request it.

The reason for that is because most people do not want to deal with a stack of one dollar bills.

I don't think you should expect a store cashier to handle something that is generally considered an inconvenience.

And it could be a great lesson for the kid- show him how enough saved one dollar bills turn into twenties, fifties, and hundreds.
It is the same lesson as a stack of one dollar bills but is done in a way that is most beneficial to everyone.

samikeyp
08-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Strippers have rights too, ya know....so do their kids! :)

to21
08-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Only kids and old ladies pay in small bills.

It should be expected.

Gawd, Angel.

clambake
08-20-2008, 01:46 PM
you don't have kids, do you angel?

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Only kids and old ladies pay in small bills.

Is should be expected.

Gawd, Angel.

The saddest thing about that is that the transaction was my most interesting one all shift.

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 01:49 PM
you don't have kids, do you angel?

Not yet. No.

But having worked as a sales clerk, when I do have kids I wouldn't take them to the store with a fist full of small change to pay with.

I would let them save their dollars and give them value of their savings in big bills before going shopping.

clambake
08-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Not yet. No.

But having worked as a sales clerk, when I do have kids I wouldn't take them to the store with a fist full of small change to pay with.

I would let them save their dollars and give them value of their savings in big bills before going shopping.

don't underestimate a kids thrill and charm of buying something special with the EXACT currency they had the patience to collect.

it's also a thrill for the parents to witness that kind of responsibility and maturity from their child.

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 01:57 PM
don't underestimate a kids thrill and charm of buying something special with the EXACT currency they had the patience to collect.

it's also a thrill for the parents to witness that kind of responsibility and maturity from their child.

Well I guess with my kids I could make a big deal out of them getting to exchange their small change with me for bigger bills.
That way the kids can experience the thrill without risking inconveniencing a store clerk.

Wouldn't that work?

remingtonbo2001
08-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Not yet. No.

But you can bet a pretty penny that I will. :lol

clambake
08-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Well I guess with my kids I could make a big deal out of them getting to exchange their small change with me for bigger bills.
That way the kids can experience the thrill without risking inconveniencing a store clerk.

Wouldn't that work?

trust me. let them do it their way, the first time.

you won't regret it.

remingtonbo2001
08-20-2008, 02:02 PM

Wouldn't that work?

No, it won't. To a child, it isn't about the value of the bill, but the quantity.

Don't be a Debbie Downer sweetie. Let the child be a child, even if it is slightly inconvienent.

Small bills for all the children of the world. :)

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 02:02 PM
But you bet a pretty penny that I will. :lol

You are always so supportive. I appreciate that so much.

to21
08-20-2008, 02:03 PM

it's also a thrill for the parents to witness that kind of responsibility and maturity from their child.EXACTLY!!! People w/o kids don't understand this.

We'll let Angle off the hook though.

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 02:05 PM
No, it won't. To a child, it isn't about the value of the bill, but the quantity.

Don't be a Debbie Downer sweetie. Let the child be a child, even if it is slightly inconvienent.

Small bills for all the children of the world. :)

I promise to let you be a fun parent.

I try to be fun, really I do.
I have an oldest sibling syndrome which compells me to make sure everyone behaves.
It's a good trait for the most part but not my favorite one, by far.

clambake
08-20-2008, 02:07 PM
EXACTLY!!! People w/o kids don't understand this.

she'll be fine. she always responds to positive support, which is an unbelieveble quality, imho.

angel_luv
You want to know the irony of all this?

That $112 dollars went to buy a Visa gift card- a gift certificate which the kid will now take and use to go shopping for the stuff he actually wants.

to21

Small bills for all the children of the world. :)Don't forget about stippers to.

angel_luv
she'll be fine. she always responds to positive support, which is an unbelieveble quality, imho.

Thanks. :)

clambake
08-20-2008, 02:09 PM
You want to know the irony of all this?

That $112 dollars went to buy a Visa gift card- a gift certificate which the kid will now take and use to go shopping for the stuff he actually wants.

thats another great lesson. having to understand how much you have left after each purchase.

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 02:10 PM
thats another great lesson. having to understand how much you have left after each purchase.

Yes.

But I find it funny that the kid bought the card in order to consolidate his money.

remingtonbo2001
08-20-2008, 02:11 PM

That's why I love her. :)

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 02:12 PM
That's why I love her. :)

:makeout

Finally, I get to use that smiley.

:)

duncan228
08-20-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm with the majority here, the kid shouldn't get grief for paying with one's. It must be how he earned it and saved it, the thrill of buying something for himself with it is priceless, even though it caused Angel some extra work. I can see the lesson in turning it into bigger bills, but that can come later. Stuffing those singles in his piggy bank and watching them grow is to be encouraged.

Angel, it was great of you to deal directly with the child and make it a pleasant experience for him. Letting your frustration out here is a good way to deal with it. :tu

The worst money counting experience I ever had was selling Springsteen tickets for the Born In The USA Tour. $52,000, mostly in 5' and 10's. We didn't have a bill counter, it had to be done by hand before I took it to the bank. Of course they counted it with a machine but my boss didn't trust anyone and the hand count had to be done. Twice. :lol

CuckingFunt
08-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Um... am I the only one who doesn't see this as a big deal one way or the other?

I wonder if the woman knew her parenting skills would be called into question by a bunch of strangers when she decided to skip an unnecessary trip to the bank this morning.

T Park
08-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Singles are great. Are you telling me you're going to go into the strip club with a fistful of twenties? Fucking richer!

Everytime I hear that, I think of that interviewer saying to Pacman Jones.

"Did you make it rain?" :lol

clambake
Yes.

But I find it funny that the kid bought the card in order to consolidate his money.

i don't think you find it funny. i think you're still irritated.

maybe mom told him/her that credit cards are safer than cash.

maybe mom made him/her get the card because drug dealers only take cash:lol

SpursWoman
Oh, and kids don't give a shit about a $100 dollar bill.

It's only ONE. :rolleyes

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 02:15 PM
The worst money counting experience I ever had was selling Springsteen tickets for the Born In The USA Tour. $52,000, mostly in 5' and 10's. We didn't have a bill counter, it had to be done by hand before I took it to the bank. Of course they counted it with a machine but my boss didn't trust anyone and the hand count had to be done. Twice. :lol

Oh wow!

T Park
08-20-2008, 02:15 PM
T-Park,

When you go to the bank and withdraw $100 dollars- the teller does not send you a hundred one dollar bills- unless of course you specifically request it.

The reason for that is because most people do not want to deal with a stack of one dollar bills.

I don't think you should expect a store cashier to handle something that is generally considered an inconvenience.

And it could be a great lesson for the kid- show him how enough saved one dollar bills turn into twenties, fifties, and hundreds.
It is the same lesson as a stack of one dollar bills but is done in a way that is most beneficial to everyone.

I know why she did it. Its to show the child, thats alot of money.

I don't think the woman is evil for doing this, its a good life lesson.

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 02:16 PM

Unless you understand the value of it.

I always wanted big bills as a kid.

I remember my first $20- it was so exciting to carry it in my purse.

And the time I got a $50- :elephant :elephant

u2sarajevo
08-20-2008, 02:17 PM
If my experience could lend anything to this conversation....

My youngest daughter will always give the largest bill she has to the clerk because she loves getting change. The more change the better. Just this last Saturday she bought a toy that amounted to 6 dollars and change, I know she had 7 dollars in bills but she gave the lady that checked her out a 20 so she could get the most in change. It cracks me up everytime.

Now she has never bought anything even close to that much yet.... but she's only 10.

CuckingFunt

That's very true.

When I was a kid, there was nothing I wanted more than a fortune in pennies so I could swim through them like Scrooge McDuck.

T Park
I'm with the majority here, the kid shouldn't get grief for paying with one's. It must be how he earned it and saved it, the thrill of buying something for himself with it is priceless, even though it caused Angel some extra work. I can see the lesson in turning it into bigger bills, but that can come later. Stuffing those singles in his piggy bank and watching them grow is to be encouraged.

Angel, it was great of you to deal directly with the child and make it a pleasant experience for him. Letting your frustration out here is a good way to deal with it. :tu

I like 228 :)

T Park
08-20-2008, 02:18 PM
That's very true.

When I was a kid, there was nothing I wanted more than a fortune in pennies so I could swim through them like Scrooge McDuck.

:lmao

Ducktales Wooo hoo

remingtonbo2001
08-20-2008, 02:20 PM
That's very true.

Yes! :king

:toast

clambake
08-20-2008, 02:21 PM
If my experience could lend anything to this conversation....

My youngest daughter will always give the largest bill she has to the clerk because she loves getting change. The more change the better. Just this last Saturday she bought a toy that amounted to 6 dollars and change, I know she had 7 dollars in bills but she gave the lady that checked her out a 20 so she could get the most in change. It cracks me up everytime.

Now she has never bought anything even close to that much yet.... but she's only 10.

good point. its amazing how having kids just seems to suck all the evil out of a parent.

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 02:23 PM
That's very true.

I was never like that as a kid. How did I miss that stage? And I watched Ducktales and loved it.

Maybe I did have that stage and just forgot it???

Mom????

SpursWoman
08-20-2008, 02:24 PM
good point. its amazing how having kids just seems to suck all the evil out of a parent.

Every once in a while I'll still get my son to a least think about trading me his $20 dollar bill for my 10 $1's. The wheels start churning hardcore ... at least for a split second, anyway. His math is a lot better than it used to be. :lol

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 02:26 PM
My parents made me save all of my change.

I remember now- I had a big dog bank and they had me put all my spare change in there.

Then when it was full, they cut open my bank and made me open a bank account.

I wanted to use the money to buy a doll carriage but they told me no, I needed to save it.

Holy cow- until just now I had forgotten all about that. :wow

PM5K
08-20-2008, 02:31 PM
So you're a cashier and you don't like counting money? Cry me a fucking river...

I know it sucks to have to count 112.00 in ones while being paid 6.00 an hour, but that's life honey (well YOUR life)...

If you were any good at Customer Service you would have smiled at the child, told them hey, that's a lot of money you have there, and gladly counted his/her money and returned the change, but apparently you suck at Customer Service, and LIFE...

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-20-2008, 02:32 PM
I would do the same if I had the opportunity.

T Park
08-20-2008, 02:35 PM
So you're a cashier and you don't like counting money? Cry me a fucking river...

I know it sucks to have to count 112.00 in ones while being paid 6.00 an hour, but that's life honey (well YOUR life)...

If you were any good at Customer Service you would have smiled at the child, told them hey, that's a lot of money you have there, and gladly counted his/her money and returned the change, but apparently you suck at Customer Service, and LIFE...

God take a pill.....

PM5K
08-20-2008, 02:36 PM
God take a pill.....

Eat a twinkie...

I already took my pill, maybe I need another...

thispego
08-20-2008, 02:38 PM
EXACTLY!!! People w/o kids don't understand this.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :rolleyes yeah you procreators are privy to a world of insight that the rest of us can never understand :rolleyes

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 02:41 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :rolleyes yeah you procreators are privy to a world of insight that the rest of us can never understand :rolleyes

I am sure you do have a different perspective as a parent.

I have become much more considerate of a shopper since I started working in sales.

I was always polite but I am a lot more understanding of cashiers/ servers now that I have worked as one and with them.

T Park
08-20-2008, 02:42 PM
Eat a twinkie...

I already took my pill, maybe I need another...

Take the one you have to bite into.

thispego
08-20-2008, 02:48 PM
I am sure you do have a different perspective as a parent.

I have become much more considerate of a shopper since I started working in sales.

I was always polite but I am a lot more understanding of cashiers/ servers now that I have worked as one and with them.

im not a parent but i sure as shit dont need to have a kid of my own to understand them. And you should be insulted by people like to21 excusing your dumbness because you are without child. That has ntohing to do with it, you are just socially misguided and have not "figured things out" yet. You were homeschooled right? To complain about having to count 100 one dollar bills as a cashier is just plain weird.

dirk4mvp
08-20-2008, 02:51 PM
make it rain on dem hoes

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 02:55 PM
im not a parent but i sure as shit dont need to have a kid of my own to understand them. And you should be insulted by people like to21 excusing your dumbness because you are without child. That has ntohing to do with it, you are just socially misguided and have not "figured things out" yet. You were homeschooled right? To complain about having to count 100 one dollar bills as a cashier is just plain weird.

I understand your most ungraciously given point. And ironically, you are the one lecturing me about politeness.

I don't think it is dumb to want to accomplish a task in the easiest, quickest, and "most likely to be accurate" way possible.

Can I count out 100 one dollar bills- Certainly.
Would I prefer to count out just 5 twenty dollar bills or be given a single $100 bill- Absolutely.

It was a matter of preference, not ability.

And, since it is the norm to be paid in large currency rather than small, I can only conclude I am not alone in that preference.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-20-2008, 02:55 PM
I had a client pay me once with 225 twenty dollar bills.

I didn't mind counting them.

to21
08-20-2008, 02:56 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :rolleyes yeah you procreators are privy to a world of insight that the rest of us can never understand :rolleyesWow did I say that?

I guess I should have worded it differently..........

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 02:57 PM

I didn't mind counting them.

Yea, I wouldn't turn down a stack of 1 dollar bills if it were given to me.
Although I would still trade it in at the bank for larger bills, like I did with the kid's money after he and his mom left.

There is a bank right down the hall from my booth.

AlamoSpursFan
08-20-2008, 03:00 PM

I stopped reading at this point.

All other responses are pointless.

I Love Me Some Me
08-20-2008, 03:01 PM
When I was a kid once I got pissed because I got a $5 bill and my brother got five singles.

I swore he was getting more than me.

And this was done the right way...before the kid can learn the value of a c-note, he has to learn the value of a dollar. It may have taken him a year to save that money, but he sure as hell knows what a dollar is worth. Now, when he does get a hundred dollar bill, he's gonna know how much that is really worth, and spend it wisely.

Vinnie_Johnson
08-20-2008, 03:02 PM
When I come to SA I am brining all my pennies to see you.

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 03:04 PM
When I come to SA I am brining all my pennies to see you.

We only accepted them rolled. So come prepared.

I will help you roll them if you give me half. :)

Dollar Bill Kid
08-20-2008, 03:05 PM
Fuck you bitch. I worked hard for that money.

Now that I've established some work ethic, I won't have to grow up and become a fucking cashier for a living.

PM5K
08-20-2008, 03:06 PM
You say the most ""accurate way", but if you know how to count accurately there is no most accurate way.

Why should a bank teller count and exchange 112.00 in ones but you, a cashier, shouldn't?

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-20-2008, 03:07 PM
We only accepted them rolled. So come prepared.

I will help you roll them if you give me half. :)

What type of business do you work at Angel?

PM5K

Now that I've established some work ethic, I won't have to grow up and become a fucking cashier for a living.

I tried to do that once but it took too long to get an account approved.

angel_luv
You say the most ""accurate way", but if you know how to count accurately there is no most accurate way.

Why should a bank teller count and exchange 112.00 in ones but you, a cashier, shouldn't?

They have a cash counting machine.
So by going to them, I am double checking my own work to ensure I was correct.
And by getting a big bill from the bank, I am making it easier for my supervisor who has to count my drawer at the end of the day.

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 03:08 PM
What type of business do you work at Angel?

I work in guest information at the mall.

We also sell Visa gift cards- which is what the kid bought.

PM5K
08-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Yea, I wouldn't turn down a stack of 1 dollar bills if it were given to me.

What you have to understand is that your employer feels exactly the same way, he would gladly take a thousand dollars in ones if necessary, and he pays you to do just that.

He's glad to take ones because that means they are making money, you aren't because you want to do the least ammount of work you can for the 6.00 an hour you earn.

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 03:14 PM
What you have to understand is that your employer feels exactly the same way, he would gladly take a thousand dollars in ones if necessary, and he pays you to do just that.

We are owned by a large corporate company and we deposit our earnings directly in their bank account for them.

So yes, though my employer would take a thousand dollars in one dollar bills, given our deposit policy, it seems that even he, the greatest gainer, does not want to physically count out the cash.

I am grateful for my job, even though I do not enjoy every aspect of it.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-20-2008, 03:15 PM

When I used to be a retail manager I was happy to just get people to work who had a pulse, wouldn't steal, and had half a brain cell firing. New employees were paid just slightly over minimum wage and so I always figured that beggars couldn't be choosers. If you ever encountered an employee who actually took "ownership" responsibility in his/her job I knew their days were numbered because they'd soon be moving on to bigger and better things....in fact I'd encourage it.

SpursWoman
08-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Well, if counting to 100 is that stressful and inconvenient, you can always count out 10 stacks of 10. :lol

PM5K
08-20-2008, 03:16 PM
When I used to be a retail manager I was happy to just get people to work who had a pulse, wouldn't steal, and had half a brain cell firing. New employees were paid just slightly over minimum wage and so I always figured that beggars couldn't be choosers. If you ever encountered an employee who actually took "ownership" responsibility in his/her job I knew their days were numbered because they'd soon be moving on to bigger and better things....in fact I'd encourage it.

Sounds about right.

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 03:17 PM
PM5K-

What I don't understand is- so long as I do my job ( like I did in accepting those one dollar bills today), what harm is there in my expressing my preference that the sale had happened differently?

I stated my opinion to you guys, my friends and/ or peers, not my client.

What does that hurt?

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Well, if counting to 100 is that stressful and inconvenient, you can always count out 10 stacks of 10. :lol

Actually, I counted out 5 stacks of twenty.
It made less of a mess.

thispego
08-20-2008, 03:19 PM
I understand your most ungraciously given point. And ironically, you are the one lecturing me about politeness.
no im not, i dont know anythign about that

I don't think it is dumb to want to accomplish a task in the easiest, quickest, and "most likely to be accurate" way possible.

Can I count out 100 one dollar bills- Certainly.
Would I prefer to count out just 5 twenty dollar bills or be given a single $100 bill- Absolutely.

It was a matter of preference, not ability.

And, since it is the norm to be paid in large currency rather than small, I can only conclude I am not alone in that preference.

didnt mean to talk shit but you've got a lot to learn. if your biggest complaint in a single day is having to manually count out 112 one dollar bills then i envy you.

remingtonbo2001
08-20-2008, 03:21 PM
PM5K-

What I don't understand is- so long as I do my job ( like I did in accepting those one dollar bills today), what harm is there in my expressing my preference that the sale had happened differently?

I stated my opinion to you guys, my friends and/ or peers, not my client.

What does that hurt?

His self-righteous ego.

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 03:22 PM
no im not, i dont know anythign about that

didnt mean to talk shit but you've got a lot to learn. if your biggest complaint in a single day is having to manually count out 112 one dollar bills then i envy you.

It was an observation more than anything else.

If nothing else, it provoked an interesting conversation and gave me a much clearer understanding of who my real friends are.

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 03:23 PM
But you are right PM5K- all in a days work. It really was not a biggie.

thispego
08-20-2008, 03:24 PM
who has this thread helped you cross off your friend list? i must know

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 03:26 PM

Nobody. I have a forgiving nature. :)

remingtonbo2001
08-20-2008, 03:29 PM
If nothing else, it provoked an interesting conversation and gave me a much clearer understanding of who my real friends are.

So you're saying you used the observation to create conversation in order to pass the time.

remingtonbo2001
08-20-2008, 03:29 PM

John Smith.

angel_luv
08-20-2008, 03:32 PM
So you're saying you used the observation to create conversation in order to pass the time.

I actually didn't realize the comment would generate so much buzz.
Must be a slow day for everyone.

thispego
08-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Wow did I say that?

I guess I should have worded it differently..........

what did you mean then? you let angel off the hook because she doesn't have kids and, therefore, couldn't fully understand the situation.

mrsmaalox
08-20-2008, 03:45 PM

Oooh I know that!! It's called "regrouping"!!!!

PM5K
08-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Did you scratch me off your friends list in pen or pencil, or was your pencil broken and not worth the trouble to sharpen it?

SpursWoman
08-20-2008, 03:48 PM
Oooh I know that!! It's called "regrouping"!!!!

I'm an accountant, what can I say? I love the feel of money in my hands, indiscriminate of denomination. :makeout

*swoon*

PM5K
08-20-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm an accountant, what can I say? I love the feel of money in my hands, indiscriminate of denomination. :makeout

*swoon*

I'm self employed, and I too love the feel of money in my hands, even when it's not in my hands (PayPal) or when it's a bunch of one dollar bills (that's happened many times to me).

MannyIsGod
08-20-2008, 03:50 PM

I know its wrong, but this damn post cracked me up pretty hard.

mrsmaalox
08-20-2008, 03:52 PM
I actually didn't realize the comment would generate so much buzz.
Must be a slow day for everyone.

But just imagine how grueling your day would have been without this poor kid dumping all his hard earned money on you, in turn giving you the opportunity to start this thread!! I'd say that kid who made you so unhappy, in the end was a blessing!! :)

AlamoSpursFan

*swoon*

So Catholic money's good here?

SpursWoman

EHJ is an accountant, too. :lol :lol

MannyIsGod
08-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Ok, the most ironic thing about this is that Angel started off complaining that he shoudl consolidate the 112 bills then use the money to purchase something. Then she tells us HE WAS CONSOLIDATING his money - he was buying a giftcard.

Man, this doesn't come down to understanding kids or anything else. This comes down to Angel wanting someone else to get the shit end of the stick (in this case counting the bills).

gatoloco
08-20-2008, 03:55 PM
the poor child may have been blind and needed to count out the ones like ray charles...:(

thispego
08-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Ok, the most ironic thing about this is that Angel started off complaining that he shoudl consolidate the 112 bills then use the money to purchase something. Then she tells us HE WAS CONSOLIDATING his money - he was buying a giftcard.

Man, this doesn't come down to understanding kids or anything else. This comes down to Angel wanting someone else to get the shit end of the stick (in this case counting the bills).

oh snap thats right! angel company do you work for again>?

MannyIsGod
08-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Question:

Had the child been Slovenian would we be having this discussion?

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-20-2008, 03:59 PM

ploto
08-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Cashiers are so incredibly spoiled today. Some of us had to ring items up manually, memorize everything that was on sale in the ad, and create credit card purchases on that old machine that made the carbons. To gripe when you are a CASHIER about having to count out CASH seems pretty ironic. You do accept cash at you place of employment- right? It can be change, or ones, or 20's. All forms are accepted. I actually have emptied out my change compartment in my car and paid in change or small bills, and stores have said that they were happy because then they did not have to go get change.

You only wanted it avoided for you by saying they should have taken it somewhere else to make someone else do it. To complain that it was inconvenient for you but think a bank teller should have had to do it seems awfully self-important. Also, where di you get some notion that a customer, especially a child, has to act in a "professional" manner. This was not some transaction of a professional nature. It was someone buying something at the mall.

Even worse, though, is the tendency to pass judgement on what this person was doing as this child's parent when you have no experience as a parent yourself.

MannyIsGod
08-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Angel - you're probably going to hell now.

http://consumptionaddict.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/hell.jpg

Taco
08-20-2008, 04:13 PM

I'm with B2B I'm going with the stripper theory :lol

T Park
08-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Question:

burnage of epic levels

PM5K
08-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Question:

If it was Rasho she would have counted 112.00 in PENNIES, GLADLY...

PM5K
08-20-2008, 04:16 PM
I know its wrong, but this damn post cracked me up pretty hard.

I'm glad you got that right, it was supposed to be a George Carlin like rant, some people took it a little too seriously...

PM5K
08-20-2008, 04:28 PM
I think Angel is just mad because that kids mom maid 112.00 dancing last night and she didn't...

Kori Ellis
08-20-2008, 04:32 PM

I didn't read any of the comments in the thread ... so I'm sure I'm repeating someone.

First of all, they don't have to "professional" to you. You are supposed to be professional. They are customers.

Secondly, I would think you would have seen the bigger picture on this. These kids probably saved their own money to scrape up enough to buy something worth over a hundred dollars. And with pride, they used their own money to pay for it. That's admirable. I would rather see a kid bringing in a stack 1's than demanding a $100 bill from their parents.

PM5K
08-20-2008, 04:34 PM
I didn't read any of the comments in the thread ...

I guess we'll cut you some slack since you run this bitch....

PM5K
08-20-2008, 04:36 PM
And by the way, I love Angel so long as she owns that black shirt I like....

Shelly
08-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Money is Money.

Angel, I suggest that you never volunteer to be the treasurer of a PTA that has has a huge fundraiser that brings in lots of cash (as well as checks) that you and one other person will HAVE to count before you deposit it. And I guarantee you'll be counting it several times!

*still wondering how I ever got sucked into that job a few years ago...*

mrsmaalox
08-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Money is Money.

Angel, I suggest that you never volunteer to be the treasurer of a PTA that has has a huge fundraiser that brings in lots of cash (as well as checks) that you and one other person will HAVE to count before you deposit it. And I guarantee you'll be counting it several times!

*still wondering how I ever got sucked into that job a few years ago...*

How about Girl Scout troop cookie chairman? Talk about thankless jobs! But it's for the children.....

Shelly
08-20-2008, 05:00 PM
How about Girl Scout troop cookie chairman? Talk about thankless jobs! But it's for the children.....

:lol The only reason I got sucked into it was because I was at a Christmas party and the PTA president at the time was there also. She mentioned that the current treasurer had quit (and didn't know WTF she was doing) and I stupidly mentioned after have a few mimosas that I am fabulous at bookkeeping.

mrsmaalox
08-20-2008, 05:12 PM
:lol The only reason I got sucked into it was because I was at a Christmas party and the PTA president at the time was there also. She mentioned that the current treasurer had quit (and didn't know WTF she was doing) and I stupidly mentioned after have a few mimosas that I am fabulous at bookkeeping.

Ahh, plied with alcohol! :lol

PM5K
08-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Angel, I suggest that you never volunteer...

She doesn't even want to count some kids hard earned money when she's being paid to do so, you think she's going to be volunteering for anything?

LMFAO...

GEICO Caveman
08-20-2008, 05:19 PM
His self-righteous ego.

I wouldn't be calling posters out on having egos when you have the biggest one on the entire forum when someone DARES say anything to your woman that you don't approve of. Unless you're going to travel around the world and start backing up your tired tough guy act, then the two of you need to get a room and fucking stay there. I'm sure life is all rainbows and daises and unicorns for you two right now, but no one on this site is scared of you and your little pussy whipped forum persona.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-20-2008, 05:26 PM
I think I entered this thread at the perfect time.

remingtonbo2001
08-20-2008, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't be calling posters out on having egos when you have the biggest one on the entire forum when someone DARES say anything to your woman that you don't approve of. Unless you're going to travel around the world and start backing up your tired tough guy act, then the two of you need to get a room and fucking stay there. I'm sure life is all rainbows and daises and unicorns for you two right now, but no one on this site is scared of you and your little pussy whipped forum persona.

12314 Hart Ranch
San Antonio, TX

Take I-10, exit DeZavala, then travel down till you see a Valero. When you pass the Valero, you will take a left at the next light. You will enter a community called Hart Ranch (hence the name). I'm about a block down.

Secondly, the post you were referring to, was satire. The entire persona of Bobby, is satire.

IT'S A JOKE.

Edit: Guess it wasn't obvious enough for the Caveman/Danny T to comprehend.

DannyT
08-20-2008, 05:29 PM

God forbid you have to actually do your J O B

God help you, you're pussy whoooooped

DannyT
08-20-2008, 05:31 PM

you beat me too it

Ginofan
08-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Shoot, I'll gladly take any form of money from my patients (former addicts and most probably still are) otherwise they won't pay! We get crazy amounts of change not rolled up, 50 cent pieces, 2 dollar bills...you name it!

When we did business with Bank of America they would not accept more than $10 in change in the deposit which always sucked because we would get that in probably the first 20 minutes we were open!

Money is money plain and simple, even that nasty looking one dollar bill that is covered in something sticky and most likely germ filled. I remember having to wash a homeless dude's five dollar bill because it was covered in oil (literally) and it was all the money he had and he was due to pay.

MannyIsGod
08-20-2008, 05:57 PM
LOL @ a bank not accepting more than 10 dollars in change. Thats the biggest fucking pile of bullshit I've read since the last Remmington post in this thread.

This thread has some epic potential.

Ginofan
08-20-2008, 06:03 PM
LOL @ a bank not accepting more than 10 dollars in change. Thats the biggest fucking pile of bullshit I've read since the last Remmington post in this thread.

For real! It said it right on the deposit bag. Before we had read that we would put over $10 and get charged a fee for that shit. WTF is that...

MannyIsGod
08-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Bank of America is the devil.

Shelly
08-20-2008, 06:12 PM

The PTA used Randolph-Brooks and the if the change amounted to an amount where it could be rolled, it had to be or they wouldn't take it.

PM5K
08-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Bank of America is the devil.

Get that memory yet?

blizz
08-20-2008, 06:19 PM

fuck off douchebag

Kori Ellis
08-20-2008, 06:22 PM
fuck off douchebag
The "fuck off" is a little overboard and uncalled for. Jerkoff and douchebag are alright I guess. :lol

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
08-20-2008, 06:22 PM

Not going to happen.

My persona has been off lately.

blizz
08-20-2008, 06:23 PM
T-Park,

You're a fucking cashier...that's your fucking job! I would expect a cashier to do his/her job and not bitch about it. My gawd....fucking stupid kids these days......

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-20-2008, 06:30 PM
So wait (I haven't read the whole thread yet), you're miffed because the person didn't give you a smaller amount of bills and what the kid actually purchased was his money in a smaller amount?

SpursWoman
08-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Pretty much. :fro

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-20-2008, 06:40 PM

MannyIsGod
08-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Get that memory yet?

Ordered a 2gb stick online that would fit both my Acer and my mothers compaq instead of just going to BB. Just waiting for it to get here, but if it turns out mine is fried then at least I can put it to use and my mother gets a free upgrade.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Question:

Or Spanish.

MannyIsGod
08-20-2008, 06:44 PM
LOL Wait Angel said a cashier shouldn't be inconvenienced?

I'm sorry but WTF world do you live in? This world where Rasho is hot and Cashiers are not to be bothered sounds really fucking backwards.

MannyIsGod
08-20-2008, 06:44 PM
Or Spanish.

Or black :stirpot:

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-20-2008, 06:46 PM
E-threats are always fucking hilarious.

thispego
08-20-2008, 06:53 PM
wait wait wait wait remingtonbo is angeluv's real life boyfriend??

no words... funniest shit ever.... dontknow what to say....

Sunshine
08-20-2008, 07:18 PM
I think I would have had the opposite reaction. I would have been happy for the kid who obviously saved up his money....one dollar at a time....to buy something really special for himself. It was probably really important to him that he used HIS money, not money that his mom gave him (changing his ones for $20's).

But then again I'm a mom who has lived thru kids saving up pennies and every spare dime in order to buy something on their own, so i have a soft spot for stuff like this.

And while I agree that, as a cashier, it's probably inconvenient to have that many ones in your till, bottom line is...it's your job, and money is money and money is harder and harder to come by in todays economy. Be glad you've got customers spending money PERIOD.

blizz
08-20-2008, 07:19 PM
LOL Wait Angel said a cashier shouldn't be inconvenienced?

I'm sorry but WTF world do you live in? This world where Rasho is hot and Cashiers are not to be bothered sounds really fucking backwards.

Wait wait..it gets better. It's not even that cashiers shouldn't be bothered, but they should not be bothered with COUNTING MONEY!!! WTF??

blizz
08-20-2008, 07:20 PM
I think I would have had the opposite reaction. I would have been happy for the kid who obviously saved up his money....one dollar at a time....to buy something really special for himself. It was probably really important to him that he used HIS money, not money that his mom gave him (changing his ones for $20's).

But then again I'm a mom who has lived thru kids saving up pennies and every spare dime in order to buy something on their own, so i have a soft spot for stuff like this.

And while I agree that, as a cashier, it's probably inconvenient to have that many ones in your till, bottom line is...it's your job, and money is money and money is harder and harder to come by in todays economy. Be glad you've got customers spending money PERIOD.

Sunshine
08-20-2008, 07:22 PM

I could use about 3 of those right now.

:toast :toast :toast

FromWayDowntown
08-20-2008, 07:54 PM
I spent a couple of years as a teller at a sizeable credit union and can say that at that point in time, we weren't permitted to use cash counting machines upon taking deposits or requests for change -- we were obligated to count the bills that were presented and verify the amount of the deposit manually. The cash counter was allowed only to verify that bundles being sent back to the vault were correctly labeled and full.

Without reading the whole thread, I just don't see the point in complaining about someone else's failure to make it possible for you to do your job more efficiently. If you don't like the possibility that you'll have to count out lots of money, don't work retail sales, since as we've established here, people pay for things in all kinds of ways. It's not my burden as a customer to make your job as a salesperson easier -- it's your job to do whatever is necessary to facilitate the sale. If it were as Angel says, it wouldn't be customer service, it would be salesperson service.

And I think the complaints are particularly offbase where they involve a child. Nor do I think it's fair to blame the parent -- for all anyone knows, the mother asked the kid if he wanted to go to the bank and exchange the bills and the kid said no.

All in all, I'd think its best to avoid offering complaints about having to do one's job that end up sounding pretty ridiculous.

E20
08-20-2008, 08:00 PM
quit whining

T Park
08-20-2008, 08:07 PM
This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a long time :lol

MannyIsGod
08-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Damn I bet Angel never saw this coming

LOL

GEICO Caveman
08-20-2008, 08:08 PM
12314 Hart Ranch
San Antonio, TX

Take I-10, exit DeZavala, then travel down till you see a Valero. When you pass the Valero, you will take a left at the next light. You will enter a community called Hart Ranch (hence the name). I'm about a block down.

Secondly, the post you were referring to, was satire. The entire persona of Bobby, is satire.

IT'S A JOKE.

Edit: Guess it wasn't obvious enough for the Caveman/Danny T to comprehend.

Wait wait wait... Your response to me telling you to back up your game and start kicking ass is giving me your address and asking me to come to you? Why, so you can lock the doors and send big brother to fight your battles for you? I did enjoy the backpedaling, though. "It's a joke. The whole thing is satire." You're not fooling anyone. What happens when some other guy puts his hand on your woman at the club, are you going to give him a five second head start?

My bad, "a night at the club" for you too probably involves playing bingo at the church and sipping grape kool aid.

T Park
08-20-2008, 08:10 PM
wait wait wait wait remingtonbo is angeluv's real life boyfriend??

no words... funniest shit ever.... dontknow what to say....

Whoa, was that revealed in this thread?

Damn, I must've missed a post!!

T Park
08-20-2008, 08:10 PM
The whole "heres my address come fight me" is a little middle school level...

DannyT
08-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Wait wait wait... Your response to me telling you to back up your game and start kicking ass is giving me your address and asking me to come to you? Why, so you can lock the doors and send big brother to fight your battles for you? I did enjoy the backpedaling, though. "It's a joke. The whole thing is satire." You're not fooling anyone. What happens when some other guy puts his hand on your woman at the club, are you going to give him a five second head start?

My bad, "a night at the club" for you too probably involves playing bingo at the church and sipping grape kool aid.

theres nothing wrong with grape kool-aid yo....

GEICO Caveman
08-20-2008, 08:14 PM
Whoa, was that revealed in this thread?

Damn, I must've missed a post!!

How have you not seen all of his "Don't be mean to my gf or I'll :ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit" posts?

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-20-2008, 08:15 PM
theres nothing wrong with grape kool-aid yo....

And I know somebody who lost an eye at Bingo.

GEICO Caveman
08-20-2008, 08:18 PM
angel luv, so easy remingtonbo can do it.

E20
08-20-2008, 08:30 PM
angel sounds like a idiot in this thread, much liike in many other threads.

PM5K
08-20-2008, 08:35 PM
angel sounds like a idiot in this thread, much liike many other threads.

T Park
08-20-2008, 08:39 PM

WOW

:lmao :lmao :lmao

T Park
08-20-2008, 08:40 PM
angel sounds like a idiot in this thread, much liike in many other threads.

Said the guy who spelled like with two letter I's

J.T.
08-20-2008, 08:42 PM
People pay with ones all the time at my job, so much that the clip on the $1s bin in my drawer pops up any time I open the register. I would complain about it but I don't get paid to complain about having too many bills in the register. I get paid to serve alcohol to minors and smoke joints out back on my break.

E20
08-20-2008, 08:44 PM
lmao @ grammar and sentence smack.

i always laugh when people bring up that shit

PM5K
08-20-2008, 08:45 PM

Yeah it's funny because that's all the smack he can bring...

He can't think of anything smart to say, so he whips out his spell checker...

T Park
08-20-2008, 08:55 PM

Oh chill out..

atxrocker
08-20-2008, 08:55 PM
i hate when i miss all the action.

El Jefe
08-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Wow, that got out of hand quickly.

I've worked retail, mostly as a supervisor. But I've had to run a register, and I usually had to help count drawers at the end of the night Counting large sums of small bills is annoying. Angel's initial post pretty much said she was annoyed. That is perfectly reasonable. She didn't complain or refuse to the customer, she just wanted to vent ever so slightly about it later. Each and every one of you would have done exactly the same thing, so the "do your f$@#ing job" rhetoric can probably be dialed down just a tad.

How it spiraled into ruminations on parenting and professionalism I have no idea, and I have no particular stance or comment except for this. Angel is right about one thing, working in retail changes your perspective on the people you deal with day to day. There are good employees and bad employees, but they are all real people mostly just trying to get through the day without a customer yelling at them. And being yelled at because someone is trying to save 50 cents on a box of file folders is never any fun. I have the experience to back that one up.

I don't work in retail anymore, and I'm pretty satisfied with the decision to move on. But it taught me some pretty decent lessons, and whenever I'm buying something in the store, I try to be polite with the workers, maybe even smile every now and then. Just remember that they're people too.

CuckingFunt
08-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Firstly, this thread is chock full of win.

Secondly, it has reminded me of a hilarious story from my days working in residential property management. We had a tenant who was pissed because we wouldn't send the exterminator out to to clean up her filthy unit (again), so she used her rent check to kill two roaches. They were still squished to the back of the check when we got it. I went through about five bottles of Purell when I was done, but I still had to write a receipt. And the people at the bank still had to deposit it.

Tits McGee
08-20-2008, 09:04 PM
http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/415/thisisshit8gf.jpg

Tits McGee
08-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Wow, that got out of hand quickly.

I've worked retail, mostly as a supervisor. But I've had to run a register, and I usually had to help count drawers at the end of the night Counting large sums of small bills is annoying. Angel's initial post pretty much said she was annoyed. That is perfectly reasonable. She didn't complain or refuse to the customer, she just wanted to vent ever so slightly about it later. Each and every one of you would have done exactly the same thing, so the "do your f$@#ing job" rhetoric can probably be dialed down just a tad.

How it spiraled into ruminations on parenting and professionalism I have no idea, and I have no particular stance or comment except for this. Angel is right about one thing, working in retail changes your perspective on the people you deal with day to day. There are good employees and bad employees, but they are all real people mostly just trying to get through the day without a customer yelling at them. And being yelled at because someone is trying to save 50 cents on a box of file folders is never any fun. I have the experience to back that one up.

I don't work in retail anymore, and I'm pretty satisfied with the decision to move on. But it taught me some pretty decent lessons, and whenever I'm buying something in the store, I try to be polite with the workers, maybe even smile every now and then. Just remember that they're people too.

The OP's vent is perfectly legit; unfortunately, she left herself wide open for this firestorm by directing her frustration at the customer's lack of professionalism and courtesy, instead of where it should have been directed which was her dislike of counting small bills.
Furthermore, the ruminations on parenting were also initiated by the OP. And as much as her beliefs may be heartfelt, she once again misdirected her frustration which is her dislike of counting small bills.
Working in retail, as in any field where the public is involved, certainly changes one's perspective of the people one deals with. It does not, however, relieve one of introspection and responsibility when dealing with those people, even when one dislikes counting small bills.

LuvBones
08-20-2008, 09:36 PM
You're a fucking cashier...that's your fucking job! I would expect a cashier to do his/her job and not bitch about it. My gawd....fucking stupid kids these days......

This thread is hilarious!

LuvBones
08-20-2008, 09:42 PM
But seriously Angel, is this the most amount of money you've had to count? If so that is cake counting! Most cashiers count thousands daily in change and small bills with no problem. I did that for some time and it was the easiest job i've ever had.. sorry to say.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-20-2008, 09:45 PM
But seriously Angel, is this the most amount of money you've had to count? If so that is cake counting! Most cashiers count thousands daily in change and small bills with no problem. I did that for some time and it was the easiest job i've ever had.. sorry to say.

1, 2, 3, 4...

1, 2, 5, 9, 3, 14, 47, 21, 8....

Damnit, stop! Fuck, I lost count.

CuckingFunt
08-20-2008, 09:49 PM
I should probably stop reading this thread. It's making me think mean things.

Angel saying "eleventy" out loud, for one.

mookie2001
08-20-2008, 09:57 PM
blaze still owes 4cc 20 susan b anthonys from two years ago

ploto
08-20-2008, 10:00 PM

That is what I wondered. When I was in college I was the weekend bookkepper for a retail store in San Antonio, and I had to count out every register from Saturday, balance them all out, do the deposits... I counted thousands and thousands of dollars every time. IIRC, we would do about $40,000- $50,000 business on a Saturday, and it was my job alone. My favorite was the person who wrote two checks, each for less than a $1, in the same business day. Are cashiers so spoiled by the customers running their own credit cards through the machine, signing it themselves on the pad, and just having to hand them a receipt?

Fillmoe
08-20-2008, 10:01 PM

HAHA... I was thinking the same shit!

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-20-2008, 10:01 PM
blaze still owes 4cc 20 susan b anthonys from two years ago

I thought I paid that off at Bennigan's.

remingtonbo2001
08-20-2008, 10:11 PM

Apparently, too difficult for you.

And I'm not referring to Angel_Luv, so much as I am referring to just doing IT.

Kori Ellis
08-20-2008, 10:15 PM
I thought I paid that off at Bennigan's.

I thought the ATM wasn't working.

timvp
08-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Blaze gave the money to me and I gave it to the Animal Defense League in honor of that time Mookie threw those puppies out into the middle of the highway.

T Park
08-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Blaze gave the money to me and I gave it to the Animal Defense League in honor of that time Mookie threw those puppies out into the middle of the highway.

DUDE

:makemyday

mookie2001
08-20-2008, 11:12 PM
that was 4cc, that story got out before he lost his bid for county commisioner.
might have cost him the election

thispego
08-20-2008, 11:16 PM
little helpless puppies

thispego
08-20-2008, 11:25 PM
fuck allthat

GEICO Caveman
08-21-2008, 01:55 AM
Apparently, too difficult for you.

And I'm not referring to Angel_Luv, so much as I am referring to just doing IT.

Hey bro, all bullshit aside, I'm glad you bagged the nice girl on SpursTalk. What did you do to get her to go out with you, compliment her on her hair and tell her that you love Jesus too? Or maybe you showed her your 25GB folder of Slovene porn? Either way, good for you.

Nice job on the you can't get girls smack, by the way. I haven't heard that shit since high school. Good to see that kids these days are still spilling the same jokes.

T Park
08-21-2008, 02:01 AM

Trainwreck2100
08-21-2008, 02:11 AM
i don't think you find it funny. i think you're still irritated.

maybe mom told him/her that credit cards are safer than cash.

maybe mom made him/her get the card because drug dealers only take cash:lol

He probably saw that greendot commercial where the black guy is like "Its much safer than walking around with cash"

That's very true.

Me too, till i realized i'd smash my face/shitload of bones or die an ironic death drowning on such a miniscule amount of money

Kori Ellis
08-21-2008, 02:13 AM
This thread is crazy. First of all, everyone is tearing up Angel pretty hard. You can disagree with her, but you don't need to rip on her - she's a nice girl.

Secondly, I can't believe that anyone didn't know Bo and Angel were dating after they have been professing their love all over the forum :lol I wish them a happy healthy life together :toast

T Park
08-21-2008, 02:17 AM
Secondly, I can't believe that anyone didn't know Bo and Angel were dating after they have been professing their love all over the forum

I must admit, I must have missed the threads....

remingtonbo2001
08-21-2008, 02:19 AM
He probably saw that greendot commercial where the black guy is like "Its much safer than walking around with cash"

Me too, till i realized i'd smash my face/shitload of bones or die an ironic death drowning on such a miniscule amount of money

I was always concerned with the copper taste that would be left after spewing out a mouthful of pennies.

remingtonbo2001
08-21-2008, 02:25 AM
Hey bro, all bullshit aside, I'm glad you bagged the nice girl on SpursTalk. What did you do to get her to go out with you, compliment her on her hair and tell her that you love Jesus too? Or maybe you showed her your 25GB folder of Slovene porn? Either way, good for you.

Nice job on the you can't get girls smack, by the way. I haven't heard that shit since high school. Good to see that kids these days are still spilling the same jokes.

I'm glad you found it amusing.

remingtonbo2001
08-21-2008, 02:28 AM
This thread is crazy. First of all, everyone is tearing up Angel pretty hard. You can disagree with her, but you don't need to rip on her - she's a nice girl.

Secondly, I can't believe that anyone didn't know Bo and Angel were dating after they have been professing their love all over the forum :lol I wish them a happy healthy life together :toast

Thank you, Kori. :)

CuckingFunt
08-21-2008, 02:34 AM

I got over it when I realized how dirty money is.

Trainwreck2100
08-21-2008, 02:37 AM

oh wow look at what we have here, a guy who doesn't hate his job and has never said anything wrong about his place of employ. Jeez you must be the only guy to not bitch about where he works. Here's the catch for you Mr. Pretentious . Some cashiers aren't paid to just cashier they have to do other shit as well. They need to multi-task so their company can keep costs down and you customers still bitch about how everything is more fucking expenses. Like bitching to the cashiers will do anything, when they don't give a shit. I wish we could all be lucky like Mr Fucking rackspace over here, and go to work whistling all whilly nilly about how i love my fucking job and my hyundai coupe. Well some of us don't just get to be cashiers, they have to stock, sort, satisfy certain sales %. But no you, fuckers don't see past yourselves and how we need to satify you. Bullshit, you don't like us go to fucking Wal Mart. I'm glad you sir would never bitch about your job, and have never bitched former jobs. But you know what, you, your Hyundai, your job, and your boss that YOU OBVIOUSLY LIKE BECAUSE ACCORDING TO YOU NO ONE SHOULD BITCH ABOUT THEIR JOB, can all go fuck yourselves. Seriously, lube up the asshole, watch some porn or spend time with the significant other, get a good working stiffy, cut off yo dick and shove it up your ass. All the way up.

I would like to add though congrats on getting a job with a good company :tu

Kori Ellis
08-21-2008, 02:38 AM
I must admit, I must have missed the threads....

SpursTalk couple rate is pretty good, so their relationship has a good chance of succeeding. :lol

Leetonidas
08-21-2008, 04:36 AM

Funniest shit I've read all day. :lmao

GEICO Caveman
08-21-2008, 05:28 AM

An old fashioned SpursTalk ripping never hurt anyone.

Maybe next time she works, a hooker will bring her son in to purchase a giftcard, and we'll be blessed with a new thread about how much it sucks to count $600 in twenties.

to21
08-21-2008, 07:50 AM
what did you mean then? you let angel off the hook because she doesn't have kids and, therefore, couldn't fully understand the situation.People w/o kids are not any smarter or dumber than those with. What I meant was if she had a kid she might have been a bit more forgiving of the situation.

thispego
08-21-2008, 08:59 AM
if she had a kid she might have been a bit more forgiving of the situation.

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 09:11 AM

Hate to break this to you, but those items are exactly what one needs to make a very powerful bomb. As nice as you were, I think you helped a criminal. :wow

Ginofan
08-21-2008, 09:20 AM
I got over it when I realized how dirty money is.

Yeah money is effing filthy! Something like 4 out of 5 bills even have traces of cocaine on them! We probably go through a botte of purell a month at our register.

Taco
08-21-2008, 10:09 AM
:lol@this thread

JudynTX
08-21-2008, 10:29 AM
whoa

angel_luv
08-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Damn I bet Angel never saw this coming

LOL

You're right. I didn't.

I made a careless comment, one that I meant at the moment but wouldn't care about in the long term.
For that reason it was dumb to post it on the internet.

When I posted yesterday, whether it was right or wrong, I was incredulous/ slightly annoyed that someone would pay with 100 one dollar bills.

I had no one else to talk to and so posted the comment here.
My mistake- I should have put it in the quattro or not at all.

I respect all of you who have a different opionion than me. You guys had the clearer minds and gave me a new perspective to consider.
What I didn't appreciate and what I honestly feel was totally unnecessary and counterproductive is those of you who found it necessary to post maliciously.

But at the end of the night, while I am still considering many of the useful comments posted here, nothing that was said kept me up last night.

I was too busy helping my boyfriend and our friend with the super awesome band we're forming. :)

thispego
08-21-2008, 10:38 AM
moop?

Dex
08-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Hate to break this to you, but those items are exactly what one needs to make a very powerful bomb. As nice as you were, I think you helped a criminal. :wow

Goddammit, but I don't wanna be a terrorist! :bang

Anti.Hero
08-21-2008, 10:41 AM
lmao I did that all the time when I used to work for tips. 100 of them is a little crazy though.

angel_luv
08-21-2008, 10:42 AM

Thank you Kori.

I am rusty from being off the forum when I was without a computer.

Back when I was a regular poster I would have known a thread like this was asking for it.

It's like I am a rookie again. Need to post more. :)

AlamoSpursFan
08-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Thank you Kori.

I am rusty from being off the forum when I was without a computer.

Back when I was a regular poster I would have known a thread like this was asking for it.

It's like I am a rookie again. Need to post more. :)

You got 9+ pages out of random frustration.

Rusty? I say nay nay.

And yes, you need to post more.

ploto
08-21-2008, 10:53 AM
I think the reaction was so strong because Angel has portrayed herself as an overly nice, overly sweet person. Then, she levels a complaint about what this kid did and has the nerve even to question the parenting skills of the person who allowed the kid to do it. She came across as thinking she was "above" having to count these bills and blamed the kid and the parent for not realizing it was wrong of them to "inconvenience" her. If she had simply said that she hates having to count a bunch of small billls, without passing judgement on those who dared cause her to have to do it, it would have produced a different result. But she continued on and made it worse, going on about how unprofessional it was of this customer, etc, even AFTER people pointed out to her why the kid probably did it.

It is a simple fact of life-- if you set yourself up as some beacon of virtue, people will be happy to point out when you do not live up to your own hype.

ChumpDumper
08-21-2008, 11:06 AM
It is a simple fact of life-- if you set yourself up as some beacon of [knowledge concerning Rasho Nesterovic], people will be happy to point out when you do not live up to your own hype.

MI21
08-21-2008, 11:23 AM
After reading this whole thread, I've found myself singing C.R.E.A.M. by Wu Tang over and over in my head.... Cash rules everything around me... :lol

But seriously, this thread wins.

E20
08-21-2008, 11:32 AM
oh wow look at what we have here, a guy who doesn't hate his job and has never said anything wrong about his place of employ. Jeez you must be the only guy to not bitch about where he works. Here's the catch for you Mr. Pretentious . Some cashiers aren't paid to just cashier they have to do other shit as well. They need to multi-task so their company can keep costs down and you customers still bitch about how everything is more fucking expenses. Like bitching to the cashiers will do anything, when they don't give a shit. I wish we could all be lucky like Mr Fucking rackspace over here, and go to work whistling all whilly nilly about how i love my fucking job and my hyundai coupe. Well some of us don't just get to be cashiers, they have to stock, sort, satisfy certain sales %. But no you, fuckers don't see past yourselves and how we need to satify you. Bullshit, you don't like us go to fucking Wal Mart. I'm glad you sir would never bitch about your job, and have never bitched former jobs. But you know what, you, your Hyundai, your job, and your boss that YOU OBVIOUSLY LIKE BECAUSE ACCORDING TO YOU NO ONE SHOULD BITCH ABOUT THEIR JOB, can all go fuck yourselves. Seriously, lube up the asshole, watch some porn or spend time with the significant other, get a good working stiffy, cut off yo dick and shove it up your ass. All the way up.

I would like to add though congrats on getting a job with a good company :tu

meltdown lmao

DannyT
08-21-2008, 12:23 PM
You're right. I didn't.

I had no one else to talk to and so posted the comment here.
My mistake- I should have put it in the quattro or not at all.
:)

Sounds like Bo's not stepping up....call me tonight when you get done counting all the, dolla bills.....I love to "talk"

angel_luv
08-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Sounds like Bo's not stepping up....call me tonight when you get done counting all the, dolla bills.....I love to "talk"

Really, I don't deserve you. ;)

SpursWoman
08-21-2008, 12:59 PM
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/christyran1228/dollarbillyall.jpg

Did the little boy look like any one of these guys?

PM5K
08-21-2008, 12:59 PM
I was too busy helping my boyfriend and our friend with the super awesome band we're forming. :)

I can't wait for the thread about that............

angel_luv
08-21-2008, 01:00 PM
I can't wait for the thread about that............

I was going to wait and give you a VIP invite to their first performance.

You'll come won't you? :)

angel_luv
08-21-2008, 01:04 PM
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/christyran1228/dollarbillyall.jpg

Did the little boy look like any one of these guys?

Those guys are good looking. Who are they?

PM5K
08-21-2008, 01:04 PM
I was going to wait and give you a VIP invite to their first performance.

You'll come won't you? :)

Their meaning you won't be in it in some capacity?

:bang

T Park
08-21-2008, 01:07 PM

They aren't white and aren't Slovenian so I'm surprised you even gave em a second look.

angel_luv
08-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Their meaning you won't be in it in some capacity?

:bang

I sing with them sometimes- depending on the song.
And I am in charge of some of the organizing and marketing aspects.

But wouldn't you prefer I not be on stage so I can keep you company? :)

We are working on a myspace for the band now. Once we have a little more of the design and content added, I will send you the link, if you'd like. :)

PM5K
08-21-2008, 01:12 PM
You should post it for everyone to see.

And yes I'd prefer you keep me company in that black shirt I like...

SpursWoman
08-21-2008, 01:15 PM

The guys whose song has been stuck in my head for the last 2 days, that's who. :bang :lol

Cause, I'mma tell you like Wu told me
Cash rules everything around me
Singin' dollar dollar bill yall(dollar, dollar bill yall)

angel_luv
08-21-2008, 01:16 PM
They aren't white and aren't Slovenian so I'm surprised you even gave em a second look.

It is not a well known fact since it occurred before I was a Spurstalk member, but I had a huge crush on Tim Duncan back in the day.
I cried when I found out he was dating Amy.

Also, I think Denzel Washington is one of the best looking men to ever live.
My boyfriend is the best looking guy ever, but Denzel is right up there.

As for Slovenians, every one of them that I have met has always been so nice to me. How could I help but love them and their beautiful country?
I have yet to see a non cute Slovenian so they have that going for them too. :)

angel_luv
08-21-2008, 01:19 PM
The guys whose song has been stuck in my head for the last 2 days, that's who. :bang :lol

Cause, I'mma tell you like Wu told me
Cash rules everything around me
Singin' dollar dollar bill yall(dollar, dollar bill yall)

Dude, ever since that "song you hate" thread I have had the chorus to "Pocketful of Sunshine" stuck in my head.
Even worse I can only remember the first line so that is all I hear over and over. :dizzy

I will gladly trade you annoying songs- at least their would be some diversity to my agnst. :lol

T Park
08-21-2008, 01:26 PM
My boyfriend is the best looking guy ever, but Denzel is right up there

Bo.

Dude. I don't want to start nothin but..... :)

angel_luv
08-21-2008, 01:34 PM
You should post it for everyone to see.

And yes I'd prefer you keep me company in that black shirt I like...

Will do. :)

I am counting on all your support- in all seriousness.

PM5K
08-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Will do. :)

I am counting on all your support- in all seriousness.

Are you really COUNTING on me, or is it too much of an inconvenience?

angel_luv
08-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Are you really COUNTING on me, or is it too of an inconvenience?

I deserved that.

Very well played, kind sir. :) :toast

duncan228
08-21-2008, 02:16 PM
...but I had a huge crush on Tim Duncan back in the day.

Nothing wrong with that. :)

angel_luv
08-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Nothing wrong with that. :)

I knew you would approve. :)

DannyT
08-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Bo.

Dude. I don't want to start nothin but..... :)

dont worry I have the address

blizz
08-21-2008, 04:53 PM
I think the reaction was so strong because Angel has portrayed herself as an overly nice, overly sweet person. Then, she levels a complaint about what this kid did and has the nerve even to question the parenting skills of the person who allowed the kid to do it. She came across as thinking she was "above" having to count these bills and blamed the kid and the parent for not realizing it was wrong of them to "inconvenience" her. If she had simply said that she hates having to count a bunch of small billls, without passing judgement on those who dared cause her to have to do it, it would have produced a different result. But she continued on and made it worse, going on about how unprofessional it was of this customer, etc, even AFTER people pointed out to her why the kid probably did it.

It is a simple fact of life-- if you set yourself up as some beacon of virtue, people will be happy to point out when you do not live up to your own hype.

Very, very well said. :toast