PDA

View Full Version : Give me ADIDAS - Mavs resign Richardbreath

Findog
08-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Break out the champagne mono, we just filled the hole at SG.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3544586

George and the Dallas Mavericks have reached an agreement on a new two-year contract worth about $4 million, according to his representative.

Agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPN.com on Wednesday that the deal soon will be made official and includes a player option for George to return to free agency after the coming season.

George, 30, appeared to have little future in Dallas beyond last season after his controversial refusal in February to be included in the Mavericks' trade with the New Jersey Nets for Jason Kidd.

Kobe Bryant has the NBA's only active no-trade clause, but George was able to prevent his inclusion in the deal on Feb. 13 by citing a little-known league rule applicable to a handful of players on one-year contracts. In a game that same night, George missed all 11 of his field-goal attempts in a home loss to Portland and was roundly booed by fans in Dallas.

The Mavericks and Nets completed a reworked trade without George days later, but the second version of the deal cost Mavs owner Mark Cuban more than $11 million extra last season alone in additional payroll and luxury-tax obligations. Fan discontent with George, though, faded quickly, as did any friction within the organization.

New coach Rick Carlisle was eager for the Mavericks to retain George, who spent the last two seasons in Dallas and is regarded as a perimeter threat and versatile defender off the bench when healthy after winning a ring with the Los Angeles Lakers in each of his first three pro seasons.

Injuries limited George to 53 games last season and averages of 3.7 points and 2.6 rebounds in 15.5 minutes per game.

FromWayDowntown
08-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Wow -- that's an interesting turn of events; I figured Cuban would never pay George another penny -- guess Devean found those embarassing pictures of Cuban or something.

MavDynasty
08-20-2008, 01:21 PM
fuck me

IronMexican
08-20-2008, 01:22 PM
:lmao:lmao Gump!

good luck with him again

dallaskd
08-20-2008, 01:23 PM
2 more years!?!?!?!

Findog
He's like a dead man's James Posey.

MavDynasty
We could have had Jkidd AND Mike Miller but dickbreath thought otherwise.

Findog
08-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Please, the last thing the Mavs need is the perimeter shooting and spacing of the floor that Mike Miller provides. Dickbreath gives us something that is in short supply - bricks from downtown and an overinflated sense of self-worth.

clambake
08-20-2008, 01:25 PM
damn

MavDynasty
08-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Please, the last thing the Mavs need is the perimeter shooting and spacing of the floor that Mike Miller provides. Dickbreath gives us something that is in short supply - bricks from downtown and an overinflated sense of self-worth.

Hes amazing at making threes tho when ur team is down 20 in an elimination game with a few minutes to go.

Findog
08-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Is there ANY possibility that the Wolves would be looking to move Miller in February? He just seems out of place on a young, rebuilding team.

Findog
08-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Hes amazing at making threes tho when ur team is down 20 in an elimination game with a few minutes to go.

Well, that's good, because that will certainly come in handy against the Lakers, Spurs or Hornets next May.

baseline bum
08-20-2008, 01:27 PM
He's like a dead man's James Posey.

He's more a poor man's Alfrederick Hughes. Although I guess he's a pretty rich man, getting $4 million for being a warm body.

jack sommerset
08-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Good signing. Its obvious they blame Avery for the downfall. Don't be surprised if the Mavericks finish near the top. I won't.

MavDynasty
08-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Good signing. Its obvious they blame Avery for the downfall. Don't be surprised if the Mavericks finish near the top. I won't.

mavs r done

dallaskd
08-20-2008, 01:31 PM
So this makes our roster 15? and we still haven't moved Eddie Jones. wtf donnie

MavDynasty
08-20-2008, 01:32 PM
This is the most wasted and failure of an offseason in sports history

monosylab1k
08-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Great pickup :tu

washingtonwizard
08-20-2008, 01:42 PM
This is the most wasted and failure of an offseason in sports history

still, mavs 2006 season was worse

monosylab1k
08-20-2008, 01:48 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/053108dnspomavs.2c2f4d7.html

"The West, top to bottom, is as thick as ever," Mavericks president Donnie Nelson said Friday after returning from the pre-draft camp at Orlando, Fla. "There's no question we're going to be active. We always are."

jack sommerset
08-20-2008, 01:53 PM
mavs r done

Don't get me wrong. Its going to be between Hoston and LA. The Mavs can surprise people by finishing 3-4.

sribb43
08-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Will he still have his bird rights to veto a trade?....i hope not so that we can ship him off at the trade deadline

sribb43
08-20-2008, 02:08 PM

New coach Rick Carlisle was eager for the Mavericks to retain George, who spent the last two seasons in Dallas and is regarded as a perimeter threat and versatile defender off the bench when healthy after winning a ring with the Los Angeles Lakers in each of his first three pro seasons.

are you serious....all of that is BS. Im curious what the mavs front office looks at when evaluating players

monosylab1k
08-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Who is the owner of the Mavericks again? Because judging by how this offseason is going, I could swear we've got Ross Perot Jr. back in the big seat.

Findog
08-20-2008, 02:10 PM
are you serious....all of that is BS. Im curious what the mavs front office looks at when evaluating players

They love their team.

Xylus
08-20-2008, 02:13 PM
This move could potentially get the Mavs over the hump.

Buddy Holly
08-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Don't get me wrong. Its going to be between Hoston and LA. The Mavs can surprise people by finishing 3-4.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

sribb43
08-20-2008, 02:15 PM

Devean George and Matt Barnes are going to lead their teams back to the Conference Finals

monosylab1k
08-20-2008, 02:17 PM
This has gotta be some sort of epic Punk'd prank being pulled on the entire city of Dallas.

sribb43
08-20-2008, 02:19 PM
if he is the mavs 10-12 guy fine but when he is the 6-9th, then thats
a problem

brettn
08-20-2008, 02:22 PM
I like devean george in a mavs uniform.

Xylus
08-20-2008, 02:22 PM
This has gotta be some sort of epic Punk'd prank being pulled on the entire city of Dallas.

Dallas, you've just been Fuck'd

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-20-2008, 02:27 PM
I just hope this puts things in perspective for my fellow Spurs fans that were reaching for their cyanide capsules when Finley was resigned. I doubt it will, but it's a thought.

monosylab1k
08-20-2008, 02:28 PM
I just hope this puts things in perspective for my fellow Spurs fans that were reaching for their cyanide capsules when Finley was resigned. I doubt it will, but it's a thought.

That's probably comforting for every Spurs fan....that no matter how bad it might seem for you guys, you can always say "well at least we aren't the Mavs"

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-20-2008, 02:43 PM
That's probably comforting for every Spurs fan....that no matter how bad it might seem for you guys, you can always say "well at least we aren't the Mavs"

It used to be. When we were overpaying for Rasho I could at least say, "Well, that's better than the price tag that the Mavs are paying for Dampier."

But this? This is one of those moves that is so alarmingly bad that no matter how little I may like the team, as a sports fan I can only feel sympathy for you guys. I can't bring myself to mock this signing because of that. And even if I could, even the most expertly constructed burn would only be a drop in the ocean of sorrow that this move would leave a Mavs fan drowning in.

sribb43
08-20-2008, 02:46 PM
isnt it obvious the past 2 offseasons that no other team has want to sign this guy expect for the mavs

stretch
08-20-2008, 03:12 PM
so now...

PG - Kidd, Terry
SG - Wright, Green
SF - Howard, George
PF - Nowitzki, Bass
C - Damp, Diop

awesome.

JamStone
08-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Good pick-up. They needed more 6-6 to 6-8 swingmen.

sribb43
08-20-2008, 03:17 PM
so now...

PG - Kidd, Terry
SG - Wright, Green
SF - Howard, George
PF - Nowitzki, Bass
C - Damp, Diop

awesome.

How can you forget to put JJB and EJ on that roster

ambchang
08-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Did he exercise his bird rights?

IronMexican
08-20-2008, 03:45 PM
how did he gets dickbreath has his nickname?

T Park
08-20-2008, 04:09 PM
As a Spurs fan, I thank you for taking him off the market so the Spurs didn't even think about him.

dirk4mvp
08-20-2008, 04:11 PM
how did he gets dickbreath has his nickname?

:rollin

GuerillaBlack
08-20-2008, 04:18 PM

Rocket fans as well. I'm so glad we have Artest. :toast

The fact that Devean George costed you guys the first round draft picks that could have been used to pick Artest, among other things, makes this signing even more hilarious. :lmao

monosylab1k
08-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Rocket fans as well.

Still reminiscing about those 15 year old titles? In the past decade your team hasn't accomplished dick, and they're a pathetic ass franchise compared to the Mavs.

Findog
08-20-2008, 04:24 PM
lay off Guerrillablack, he's not a typical rocket fan douche.

GuerillaBlack
08-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Still reminiscing about those 15 year old titles? In the past decade your team hasn't accomplished dick, and they're a pathetic ass franchise compared to the Mavs.

Nope, but our future (well, this season at least), looks bright with Yao, McGrady, and Artest as our big three. Our GM was able to pick up Scola last year for peanuts as well. If we somehow get Landry and Mutombo back, we will be golden. We might not need Mutombo if Dorsey can become at least decent back up C.

Yes, we haven't gotten past the first round in the past ten years (sad), but the Rockets aren't a pathetic franchise. If we were, we would not have the roster we have now. Nor would we be signing Devean George as our 6th/7th man. ;)

lay off Guerrillablack, he's not a typical rocket fan douche.

Thanks! :toast

BlackSwordsMan
08-20-2008, 05:11 PM
You guys interested in Horry?

KobeOwnsBowen
08-20-2008, 05:11 PM
:lmao Must suck to be a Mavs fan. They are a disgrace to the NBA.

jack sommerset
08-20-2008, 05:16 PM
I think it is safe to say Mavericks signing off George is better than any signing or re-signing the Spews made this off season.

Findog
08-20-2008, 05:16 PM
:lmao Must suck to be a Mavs fan. They are a disgrace to the NBA.

No, that would be Kobe fangirls such as yourself.

Tully365
08-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Every move like this one increases the chances that Dirk finishes his career somewhere else. His contract has a player option in 2010, and there'll be quite a few teams with money waiting to see what happens... including the Spurs.

Spurs Brazil
08-20-2008, 06:08 PM
And people complain about Spurs FO.

First the full MLE for Diop and now George get more than the minimum after what he did last season

Cuban is a joke

ElNono
08-20-2008, 06:18 PM
I think the Mavs FO just wants to see if last year was all Avery's fault, or Kidd is really done and JHo can't be motivated anymore. You can't really blame them. I think there's a bit of everything in there. Sometimes a coach change can do wonders to freshen the air a bit.
That said, I personally don't think Kidd has much left, and the jury is still out on JHo. I do expect them to make a move mid-season if the ship is not going in the right direction.

timvp
08-20-2008, 06:37 PM
WTF? This has to be a joke.

IronMexican
08-20-2008, 06:40 PM
No, that would be Kobe fangirls such as yourself.

Lay off KobeownsBowen he IS your typical Laker fan.

johnny_J_Jackson
08-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Paging Magic Johnson. Paging Magic Johnson.

sribb43
08-20-2008, 09:36 PM
http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=556

This shitty signing just got worse. Get rid of that piece of shit Donnie Nelson
Why the fuck are we giving Devean George so much power after we already got burned by his bird right once before?

D-Lord On D-George
Underwhelming - But Is Devil In Details?
By David Lord -- DB.com

The Mavs re-signed Devean George on Wednesday for $4 million over two years. I’ve got an initial reaction, published on DB.com earlier today, and it is posted as such below. But now I’ve got a “Whoa,-Wait-A-Minute!’’ second reaction. And this reaction on my part is a nervous reaction, an allergic reaction, a violent reaction:

If I am reading the details of this deal, somebody’s gone braindead on the Devean deal.

SECOND REACTION: Marc Stein's report has details (per George's agent) on the re-signing.
“George and the Dallas Mavericks have reached an agreement on a new two-year contract worth about $4 million, according to his representative. Agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPN.com on Wednesday that the deal soon will be made official and includes a player option for George to return to free agency after the coming season.’’

Um, what? A player option? Really? You do know what that means, don’t you?
That deal, as structured, cannot be a two-year deal with an opt-out (such a deal is not allowed) but instead is must actually be a ONE-year deal with an option. So at this point, the other year is “to be determined’’ and such determination is totally under the control of George.
Why does that matter? Because, in that format, George again has the ability to refuse any trade! It's merely a one-year deal with Bird Rights at the end, just like last year. Until George has exercised that option for a second year (which he could wait to do as late as the end of June 2009), he can turn down any trade for any reason whatsoever.

Dallas got completely turned upside by being in that situation last season with George. Now they've created the same situation again. Wow. Just wow.

INITIAL REACTION: First, thumbs up to the Mavs for finally moving past any organizational petulance in the form of that early response to George turning down a trade in February, one that he had the right to refuse. Now here the Mavs are sending new coach Rick Carlisle to Minny to personally court D-George and then doling out $4M to the player.

If George went to dinner with Carlisle, we can assume crow was on the menu.
But thumbs down to all parties involved in that stall in the Kidd trade for having offered unmeasured responses in the first place. Blasting agents, agents blasting back, George flailing about as he tried to explain himself, everyone up in arms. … and then the public following suit. … unsavory.

And while we're at it, let's also tell it like it is on the other end:

“Devean, Devean, Devean, what in the world made you think you would get rich by blocking that trade? There was NOTHING to be gained.’’

And yep, that's a fact. Unless his play was somehow going to be deemed worthy of a greater-than-20-percent raise (which obviously it wasn't), holding onto Bird Rights for use in a sign-and-trade situation was completely pointless. In addition, hissing off your team's front office when you'll be signing a new deal with those folks six months later isn't a very good way to raise value. Was the power play you pulled – again, well within your rights -- worth that 20-percent pay cut it got you, Devean?

Now, all of that having been said, it's still merely window dressing to this day's news. The real question is, “Was this a good signing?’’ When you're filling out the bottom of your roster, with only vet-minimum contracts to offer, you'd think a veteran with D-George's solid all-around skills and notable resume can't be a bad catch.

Nevertheless, it still feels like a ‘’been-there done-that’’ and repeats a move that wasn't all that great the first time. George oozes with potential. But then when it actually comes time to do the job, he's oozing with inconsistency and endless injuries. Who needs players that ooze? I don't.

What about the greater context of the fit with the rest of the roster? Underwhelming. The law firm of “Stackhouse, Terry, Jones & George’’ is a foursome that offers more questions than answers to the Mavs' perennial SG hole. Unless there is a big move coming which will suck away a whole pile of veteran swingmen, the SG lineup will again feature that same-ol’-same-ol’ heaping pile of codgers. Oh, plus two unproven junior associates (Green and Wright). Meh.

Speaking of big moves, is this the significant move DB.com’s summer-long reporting has led us to believe is coming? I surely hope not. If Donnie thinks this deal is a difference maker, I fear he's been abducted by the commies and housed in an opium den on that coaching job in the Olympics.

Still, there's one big-picture item that has to be noted here, and that gets more obvious with each move that's made. This is yet another Mav deal that ends June 30, 2010. Dirk, JET, and Diop are the only three contracts in place to which the Mavs have any obligation after that point. So if they want to keep Dirk, add another high-profile star alongside, and blow the rest of it up, the dynamite is already in place.

monosylab1k
08-20-2008, 11:35 PM
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME????!?!?!? WE GAVE HIM BACK HIS FUCKING BIRD RIGHTS??!?!?!??!?!

I'm angry and shocked and depressed and pissed and actually laughing at the fact that we have the biggest pushover of a GM in sports history.

monosylab1k
08-20-2008, 11:36 PM
We're beyond "Fire Donnie" and it's changed to "Check to see just how beaten up & swollen Donnie's vagina is right now"

monosylab1k
08-20-2008, 11:49 PM
DMN says that Carlisle is the main reason the Mavs re-signed Dick Breath.

Carlisle wanted Dick Breath. Carlisle didn't want to trade Josh. Carlisle better know what the fuck he's doing.

GuerillaBlack
08-20-2008, 11:53 PM

Carlisle wanted Dick Breath. Carlisle didn't want to trade Josh. Carlisle better know what the fuck he's doing.

Do you honestly think he does?

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-21-2008, 12:08 AM
timvp........can you change the thread title?

I was called into work this morning because one of our little baby girls passed away, she was HIV positive.

I came onto Spurstalk for some distraction and then i have to read a thread title like this.

Sorry to be a downer mate.

Colombiano972
08-21-2008, 12:13 AM
Shoot me in the face.

Kori Ellis
08-21-2008, 12:35 AM
I'm not cool with this thread title, so I am changing it.

Thanks.

Xylus
08-21-2008, 12:39 AM

Thanks.

You can take away our thread title, but dickbreath lives on!

ThunderStix®
08-21-2008, 12:43 AM

Thanks.

"Richard breath". :lol

Kori Ellis
08-21-2008, 12:56 AM
You can take away our thread title, but dickbreath lives on!

I had more of a problem with the AIDS part than the other part :lol

T Park
08-21-2008, 12:59 AM

:lol

Carlisle is clueless.

Period.

Kori Ellis
08-21-2008, 01:02 AM
:lol

Carlisle is clueless.

Period.

I thought you wanted him as a Spurs assistant and like him?

(*He's okay even though he called me out on the radio*)

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-21-2008, 01:10 AM
Thanks Kori :toast

anakha
08-21-2008, 04:46 AM
Anybody who hasn't seen this thread before the title change will be scratching their heads at 'Give me ADIDAS'. :lol

Brutalis
08-21-2008, 05:01 AM
GG Mavs.

Kamnik
08-21-2008, 05:24 AM

:lmao

Pero
08-21-2008, 06:36 AM
timvp........can you change the thread title?

I was called into work this morning because one of our little baby girls passed away, she was HIV positive.

I'm sorry to hear that man, my condolences.

KidCongo
08-21-2008, 06:55 AM
Anybody who hasn't seen this thread before the title change will be scratching their heads at 'Give me ADIDAS'. :lol

I was scratching.

Bruno
08-21-2008, 07:49 AM
Mavs had only the min to offer after they spend the full MLE on Diop.
I guess Mavs FO hasn't been able to find a better vet for the min salary.

stretch
08-21-2008, 07:54 AM
god almighty why do people have to act like such bitches and whing and complain about a fucking thread title on an internet forum. people who seriously complain about crap like that, or really people who complain about damn near anything on an INTERNET forum are simply self-centered douchebags. i mean i can understand if kori or timvp wanna change a title, because they own the site and want it to operate as smoothly as possible with little controversy. but when other people seriously whine and complain about posters that annoy them, or a fucking thread title... yall need to grow a pair and get over yourselves.

sribb43
08-21-2008, 07:58 AM
Mavs had only the min to offer after they spend the full MLE on Diop.
I guess Mavs FO hasn't been able to find a better vet for the min salary.

i'd have taken Matt Barnes for the minimum over George. I would have rather signed Theo Ratliff for the minimum than sign Diop to the full MLE. Then that enables you use the MLE to fill more roster spots instead of filling it with spare, i.e. Singleton, George, Green, etc...Maybe we could have used the MLE and offered Pargo a nice deal that would have kept him in the states. Instead, we offer Barea a 3yr deal for $9mil. IMO he isnt even worth the minimum

But what do I know Donnie is a genius, he is the one discovered Dirk.

Findog
08-21-2008, 08:13 AM
god almighty why do people have to act like such bitches and whing and complain about a fucking thread title on an internet forum. people who seriously complain about crap like that, or really people who complain about damn near anything on an INTERNET forum are simply self-centered douchebags. i mean i can understand if kori or timvp wanna change a title, because they own the site and want it to operate as smoothly as possible with little controversy. but when other people seriously whine and complain about posters that annoy them, or a fucking thread title... yall need to grow a pair and get over yourselves.

I don't agree with what Kori did, but it's her site and I won't whine like a pussy bitch about it.

ElNono
08-21-2008, 08:25 AM

Are you whining and complaining at the whining and complaining?

stretch
08-21-2008, 08:26 AM
I don't agree with what Kori did, but it's her site and I won't whine like a pussy bitch about it.

like i said, i dont care if she did it. its her site. she wants it to run smoothly and to have minimal controversy. i just hate when other people whine about how offended they are over an internet forum that i believe has a disclaimer when you sign up for dealing with the language and offensive terms that may or may not be used.

stretch
08-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Are you whining and complaining at the whining and complaining?

no. im saying that people who complain about being offended by stuff on this site and request changes are bitches, considering they knew what they were getting into when they signed up. its like going to a rated R movie and writing letters of complaint to Warner Bros to ask that they have less violence, swearing, and sexuality. its fucking stupid.

monosylab1k
08-21-2008, 08:41 AM
I dunno if this was really whining going on. One person had a complaint and technically, offensive stuff isn't supposed to be in the thread titles anyways. It's not like a bunch of whiny ass Laker fans were bitching about it, that's a different story altogether.

Pero
08-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Man you're an ass, the guy's daughter died because of AIDS.

Pero
08-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Today.

monosylab1k
08-21-2008, 08:45 AM

It wasn't his daughter, re-read his post. Why would he be called into work if his daughter just died of AIDS?

Ass.

Findog
08-21-2008, 08:46 AM
I didn't know that. It's just been a running meme - "Give me AIDS"

Pero
08-21-2008, 08:48 AM
It wasn't his daughter, re-read his post. Why would he be called into work if his daughter just died of AIDS?

Ass.

?
Doesn't "called into work" mean he was called while working?

Findog
08-21-2008, 08:50 AM
It's a good thing Kori changed it in that event, but there's routinely far more offensive stuff on this site and we can't be expected to know what's going on in people's personal lives.

stretch
08-21-2008, 08:52 AM

it wasnt his daughter, otherwise he probably wouldnt even be posting here.

if it was his daughter, then i could understand more. but it was just another person. i personally know people that have AIDS and HIV, but im not about to whine about a title of a thread in an internet forum. especially since "offensive" terms should be expected on this website, and we were forewarned when signing up.

Pero
08-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Ok, then I just misunderstood (English is not my first language) and in that case I apologize.

stretch
08-21-2008, 08:57 AM
One person had a complaint

my point was, why do people complain about things that they were already warned about and is expected to be seen in this forum? its like my R rated movie analogy. how are people going to complain about the content of an R rated movie, when they were told ahead of time what to expect of it?

monosylab1k
08-21-2008, 09:01 AM
my point was, why do people complain about things that they were already warned about and is expected to be seen in this forum? its like my R rated movie analogy. how are people going to complain about the content of an R rated movie, when they were told ahead of time what to expect of it?

Thread titles aren't supposed to have offensive material in them in the first place.

Findog
08-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Thread titles aren't supposed to have offensive material in them in the first place.

I didn't know that either. There's a lot I don't know. I'll be sure to do things differently in the future.

stretch
08-21-2008, 09:06 AM

I don't think its that offensive to begin with. I mean we all know he literally is not meaning to give me aids. its just a figure of speech.

Mr.Bottomtooth
What I wanna know is why was it changed to ADIDAS and Richardbreath.

stretch
I didn't know that either. There's a lot I don't know. I'll be sure to do things differently in the future.

yeah my next thread title will start with fuck

stretch
08-21-2008, 09:07 AM
What I wanna know is why was it changed to ADIDAS and Richardbreath.

i was wondering the same thing. besides, changing the title wont do anything. every time he looks at this thread, he is still going to remember "thats the AIDS thread"

so why the fuck complain?

Kriz-Maxima
08-21-2008, 10:20 AM
He had a tough day with the subject you treated so casually and he asked for some consideration which was given. He didn't made a huge post calling you insensitive assholes, he just made a small request. Plus the word dick wasn't supposed to be in the title in the thread title. The only overly sensitive one is you.

stretch
08-21-2008, 10:29 AM
He had a tough day with the subject you treated so casually and he asked for some consideration which was given. He didn't made a huge post calling you insensitive assholes, he just made a small request. Plus the word dick wasn't supposed to be in the title in the thread title. The only overly sensitive one is you.

wrong

BUMP
08-21-2008, 10:36 AM

right

monosylab1k
08-21-2008, 10:43 AM
who gives a fuck anymore? for all we know they could have been lying about some baby dying of AIDS, which is worse than creating a thread with a fairly mild AIDS comment in the first place. how bout we all quit being self-righteous fucks and just comment on the fact that the Dallas Mavericks suck dick.

stretch
08-21-2008, 10:45 AM
who gives a fuck anymore? for all we know they could have been lying about some baby dying of AIDS, which is worse than creating a thread with a fairly mild AIDS comment in the first place. how bout we all quit being self-righteous fucks and just comment on the fact that the Dallas Mavericks suck dick.

no

dickbreath sucks dick
donnie nelson sucks dick
norcal510 sucks dick

sribb43
08-21-2008, 10:51 AM
look at all the fuss the Mavs FO has caused

stretch
08-21-2008, 12:40 PM
look at all the fuss the Mavs FO has caused

yeah what the hell

KobeOwnsBowen
08-21-2008, 12:48 PM
The biggest mistake in Mavs history was Cuban becoming owner. He destroyed Dallas by himself. They are now a joke team and all the refs hate them.

Kori Ellis
08-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Ummm... there's a rule on the site you can't cuss in thread titles. Get over yourself.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-21-2008, 12:51 PM
The biggest mistake in Mavs history was Cuban becoming owner. He destroyed Dallas by himself. They are now a joke team and all the refs hate them.

They went from Western Conference whipping boy to NBA finalists during his ownership. Personally I think he's a douchebag, but as an owner he wasn't shy about dropping the dollars to build a winner. Ask Clippers or Sonics fans how terrible an owner they think Cuban is.

stretch
08-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Ummm... there's a rule on the site you can't cuss in thread titles. Get over yourself.

AIDS?

Dick?

wheres the cussing there?

Kori Ellis
08-21-2008, 01:14 PM
AIDS?

Dick?

:lol @ thinking "dickbreath" isn't cussing.

monosylab1k
08-21-2008, 01:14 PM
AIDS?

Dick?

dude seriously, is this really that big a deal?

GuerillaBlack
08-21-2008, 01:15 PM
They went from Western Conference whipping boy to NBA finalists during his ownership. Personally I think he's a douchebag, but as an owner he wasn't shy about dropping the dollars to build a winner. Ask Clippers or Sonics fans how terrible an owner they think Cuban is.

Yeah, but it seems he is moving on to the Cubs now. This Mavs offseason has been shit. They are basically the same team as last year with no upgrades.

stretch
08-21-2008, 01:21 PM
dude seriously, is this really that big a deal?

no not really. just curious where the cussing was.

dirk4mvp
08-21-2008, 01:38 PM
I wonder what Richard Breath will bring to the table.

sribb43
08-21-2008, 02:07 PM
:lol @ thinking "dickbreath" isn't cussing.

that isnt really even a word

sribb43
08-21-2008, 02:08 PM

Idiot

Findog
08-21-2008, 02:58 PM

Yeah, they had a .350 winning percentage before he took over, had missed the playoffs 11 straight years. Now they have 8 straight seasons of 51+ wins , haven't missed the playoffs since 2000 and have won 8 playoff series. Do you realize just how fucking stupid you sound?

timvp
08-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Honestly, I think George is a little underrated. He's not that good and due to him being in the spotlight for so many years with the Lakers, his weaknesses are more well known than most other semi scrubs. He sucked last year but I kinda wanted the Spurs to sign him because he's big and can play adequate defense at multiple positions. Then again, I wanted the Spurs to sign him for the minimum . . .

I just can't believe the Mavs re-signed him after that fiasco last season. I guess George ended up being right about vetoing that trade.

timvp
08-21-2008, 03:01 PM
The biggest mistake in Mavs history was Cuban becoming owner. He destroyed Dallas by himself. They are now a joke team and all the refs hate them.Laker Fan remains as the dumbest fans in the basketball world.

MajorMike
08-21-2008, 03:04 PM

George and the Dallas Mavericks have reached an agreement on a new two-year contract worth about $4 million, according to his representative.

Agent Mark Bartelstein told ESPN.com on Wednesday that the deal soon will be made official and includes a player option for George to return to free agency after the coming season.

George, 30, appeared to have little future in Dallas beyond last season after his controversial refusal in February to be included in the Mavericks' trade with the New Jersey Nets for Jason Kidd.

Kobe Bryant has the NBA's only active no-trade clause, but George was able to prevent his inclusion in the deal on Feb. 13 by citing a little-known league rule applicable to a handful of players on one-year contracts. In a game that same night, George missed all 11 of his field-goal attempts in a home loss to Portland and was roundly booed by fans in Dallas.

The Mavericks and Nets completed a reworked trade without George days later, but the second version of the deal cost Mavs owner Mark Cuban more than $11 million extra last season alone in additional payroll and luxury-tax obligations. Fan discontent with George, though, faded quickly, as did any friction within the organization.

Injuries limited George to 53 games last season and averages of 3.7 points and 2.6 rebounds in 15.5 minutes per game.

Aw, I have a tear in my eye. No, not that one its fake due to cancer.

Findog
08-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Honestly, I think George is a little underrated. He's not that good and due to him being in the spotlight for so many years with the Lakers, his weaknesses are more well known than most other semi scrubs. He sucked last year but I kinda wanted the Spurs to sign him because he's big and can play adequate defense at multiple positions. Then again, I wanted the Spurs to sign him for the minimum . . .

I just can't believe the Mavs re-signed him after that fiasco last season. I guess George ended up being right about vetoing that trade.

He took a paycut. Blocking the trade was about preserving his Bird rights and theoretically keeping him in line for a payday.

dallaskd
08-21-2008, 03:38 PM

Your an idiot. Cuban completely flipped the mavs org upside down into a winning franchise from what it was.

timvp
08-21-2008, 03:39 PM
He took a paycut. Blocking the trade was about preserving his Bird rights and theoretically keeping him in line for a payday.Yeah but if he had no Bird rights, the Mavs couldn't have given him as much as they did. His Bird rights might be the only thing that kept him from getting the minimum.

Findog
08-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Yeah but if he had no Bird rights, the Mavs couldn't have given him as much as they did. His Bird rights might be the only thing that kept him from getting the minimum.

That's a good point, it's probably also how the Mavs were able to retain his services since nobody else could give him anything over the vet min.

I think the George fiasco is a perfect microcosm of the cons of having Cuban as an owner. I like that he spends money and is committed to fielding a winner, but it wasn't good form to throw a hissy fit like that in public. Even if it had only cost them retaining George's services, other players and agents probably weren't impressed with the way he threw George and his agent under the bus.

As for George, I guess I'm okay with the signing. It doesn't cost us much, and he's the same kind of player as James Posey, although he's not nearly as good as him. Every team needs a perimeter defender that can knock down three's. George's outside shot is inconsistent though...

I think Cuban is waiting on how this team performs to determine whether he'll be a buyer or seller in February. He took quite the tax hit on acquiring Kidd, and he probably doesn't want to increase the payroll anymore unless it's February and it looks like this team is close to getting over the hump. We're not a title contender right now, but we are a playoff team. There might be a team looking to dump salary around the trade deadline.

sribb43
08-21-2008, 03:52 PM
George for 2 years @ $4mil or Posey 4yr @ $25 mil...Posey will be 35 years old in the final year of his contract?

monosylab1k
08-21-2008, 03:55 PM
I think Cuban is waiting on how this team performs to determine whether he'll be a buyer or seller in February. He took quite the tax hit on acquiring Kidd, and he probably doesn't want to increase the payroll anymore unless it's February and it looks like this team is close to getting over the hump. We're not a title contender right now, but we are a playoff team. There might be a team looking to dump salary around the trade deadline.

That's a great way to head into a season :td

"We're just gonna wait and see how bad you guys suck...if you don't suck that bad then maybe we'll get you some help....if you really sucks then deuces. Now go out there and be winners!"

Findog
08-21-2008, 03:57 PM
That's a great way to head into a season :td

"We're just gonna wait and see how bad you guys suck...if you don't suck that bad then maybe we'll get you some help....if you really sucks then deuces. Now go out there and be winners!"

Didn't say it was my idea, that's my guess at what they're doing. It worked out for the Lakers.

Colombiano972
08-21-2008, 05:37 PM
"We like our team"
Fucking tired of this stupid mantra.

ElNono
08-21-2008, 07:30 PM
George for 2 years @ $4mil or Posey 4yr @ $25 mil...Posey will be 35 years old in the final year of his contract?

That's how you make the big bucks in this league, by cashing in when your stock is high. It ain't getting any higher for Posey anytime soon, if ever.
Then again, Posey is a much better defender and shooter than dickbreath, IMHO.

KobeOwnsBowen
08-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Your an idiot. Cuban completely flipped the mavs org upside down into a winning franchise from what it was.
I was talking about the integrity of the team but stupidity is now following it as well. :lol Lucky he has a lot of money to make up for stupidy. I feel for you mavs fans but than again no one made you that. You chose that yourself.

Findog
08-21-2008, 08:56 PM
I was talking about the integrity of the team but stupidity is now following it as well. :lol Lucky he has a lot of money to make up for stupidy. I feel for you mavs fans but than again no one made you that. You chose that yourself.

Irony.

"Integrity" of the team? What kind of amorphous bullshit is that?

ElNono
08-21-2008, 09:26 PM

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h184/krevster/Insult%20pics/english-motherfucker.gif

sribb43
08-22-2008, 02:09 PM
http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/08/donnie-nelson-on-signing-devean-george.html

Mavericks president Donnie Nelson emailed me early this morning from the Olympics in China and gave his thoughts on the resigning of Devean George.

Nelson talked about how George will really fit into new coach Rick Carlisle's plan.

"Early in the free agent process, it was clear Devean was a real fit for Rick's system," Nelson said. "A versatile multi-positional player who has 3-pt range and as importantly can defend some of the tougher wings we have to deal with in the West. He's playoff tested and his rings speak to his postseason success."

Nelson had told me earlier this month that he wasn't holding out much hope that the Mavericks would be able to resign George because they were so far apart on the numbers.

"As is sometimes the case," Nelson said in his email this morning, "negotiations can be complex and usually require lots of time and constant communication."

If I here Donnie talk of DG's playoff experience and rings, i think im going to throw up. We all know he had nothing to do with those championships in LA. Its like saying Jason Kapano is playoffs/finals tested bc he won a ring in Miami in 2006. Hey Donnie, how has Devean's playoff experience and rings helped the mavs the past 2 postseasons? As I see it, ever since he came aboard the mavs have lost in the 1st round in consecutive playoffs

Donnie just gets dumber and dumber by the day...its amazing

sribb43
09-09-2008, 02:15 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=SummerWrap-080909

I'm still waiting to find out who in the Mavs' organization Devean George has pictures of. He signed a third contract with Dallas, even after providing abundantly mediocre production in the first two, and it wasn't just a token minimum-wage gig either -- he got a two-year deal worth $4 million. Or maybe it was a belated reward for his efforts to try to save Dallas from making the Jason Kidd trade.