PDA

View Full Version : McCain is on a roll and taking the lead..

JoeChalupa
08-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Poll shows McCain in 5-point lead over Obama

McCain Takes Lead in Poll (http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUKN1948672420080820?rpc=64)

By John Whitesides, Political Correspondent

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In a sharp turnaround, Republican John McCain has opened a 5-point lead on Democrat Barack Obama in the U.S. presidential race and is seen as a stronger manager of the economy, according to a Reuters/Zogby poll released on Wednesday.

McCain leads Obama among likely U.S. voters by 46 percent to 41 percent, wiping out Obama's solid 7-point advantage in July and taking his first lead in the monthly Reuters/Zogby poll.

The reversal follows a month of attacks by McCain, who has questioned Obama's experience, criticized his opposition to most new offshore oil drilling and mocked his overseas trip.

The poll was taken Thursday through Saturday as Obama wrapped up a weeklong vacation in Hawaii that ceded the political spotlight to McCain, who seized on Russia's invasion of Georgia to emphasize his foreign policy views.

"There is no doubt the campaign to discredit Obama is paying off for McCain right now," pollster John Zogby said. "This is a significant ebb for Obama."

McCain now has a 9-point edge, 49 percent to 40 percent, over Obama on the critical question of who would be the best manager of the economy -- an issue nearly half of voters said was their top concern in the November 4 presidential election.

That margin reversed Obama's 4-point edge last month on the economy over McCain, an Arizona senator and former Vietnam prisoner of war who has admitted a lack of economic expertise and shows far greater interest in foreign and military policy.

Obama needs to kick things up a notch and he needs Hillary to act like Romney is for McCain. The support must come from within and unless Barack comes out on fire from the Convention it could be a long couple of months ahead. McCain will pounce on Barack's momentum after the convention by announcing his VP pick so McCain has the edge.

Barack On!!!!

clambake
08-21-2008, 09:57 AM
he will not be denied! wake up white people!

Anti.Hero
08-21-2008, 10:32 AM
I heard Obama gave less than 1% of his income to charity during 2002, 2004? Was this before he made 4mil+ off the bookdeal, like when his wife and him were only making a few hundreds of thousands of dollars a year?

When asked about it, he said "That's all we could afford." Yet this motherfucker piece of shit has no problem forcing someone making 50k to contribute to his fellow man.

Papa Devil Dick Cheney gave something like 70% (6 mil) to charity during 05 or 06. I doubt this is accurate, but Papa Devil probably gave more than 1%.

If true, Hypocrisy we can believe in.

It makes me sick listening to this circus act preach his empty bullshit words.

TheProfessor
08-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Zogby is absolutely worthless. National polling is tightening, but things haven't gone that far yet.

TheProfessor
08-21-2008, 10:44 AM
I heard Obama gave less than 1% of his income to charity during 2002, 2004? Was this before he made 4mil+ off the bookdeal, like when his wife and him were only making a few hundreds of thousands of dollars a year?

When asked about it, he said "That's all we could afford." Yet this motherfucker piece of shit has no problem forcing someone making 50k to contribute to his fellow man.

Papa Devil Dick Cheney gave something like 70% (6 mil) to charity during 05 or 06. I doubt this is accurate, but Papa Devil probably gave more than 1%.

So should we go with the pseudo-maverick who can't remember how many houses he owns, flies around in his private jet, and married a beer heiress after walking out on his first wife and children? Guess charitable giving tips the scale there.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-21-2008, 12:40 PM
So should we go with the pseudo-maverick who can't remember how many houses he owns, flies around in his private jet, and married a beer heiress after walking out on his first wife and children? Guess charitable giving tips the scale there.

This just in: politicians in D.C. are rich.

Yep, vote against McCain. Vote for the liberal candidate that wants to take all your money and redestribute it to those unwilling or unable to go out and improve their standard of living on their own.

The candidate dropping $30K a year for ballerina lessons, flying around on a private jet, that hangs out with racist pastors, domestic terrorists, and Chicago slum lords :tu And can't speak without a teleprompter.

Mr. Peabody
08-21-2008, 12:51 PM
This just in: politicians in D.C. are rich.

Yep, vote against McCain. Vote for the liberal candidate that wants to take all your money and redestribute it to those unwilling or unable to go out and improve their standard of living on their own.

That's funny you say that because under Obama's plan, I actually get a bigger tax cut than I do under McCain's plan. So how is Obama taking all of my money?

Wild Cobra
08-21-2008, 04:12 PM
That's funny you say that because under Obama's plan, I actually get a bigger tax cut than I do under McCain's plan. So how is Obama taking all of my money?

If that's true, it follows that the democrats are doing as I predicted years ago. Tghey want to shift the federal tax system so that more than 50% do not pay taxes!

Do you think that's a proper system?

I see a day when the greater than 50% don't care about raising tax rates becaues it doesn't affect them. That will harm this nation when that day comes.

JoeChalupa
08-21-2008, 04:37 PM

Somebody has his panties in a wad.

Mr. Peabody
08-21-2008, 04:49 PM
If that's true, it follows that the democrats are doing as I predicted years ago. Tghey want to shift the federal tax system so that more than 50% do not pay taxes!

Do you think that's a proper system?

I see a day when the greater than 50% don't care about raising tax rates becaues it doesn't affect them. That will harm this nation when that day comes.

I never said I didn't pay taxes, I pay quite a bit (including self-employment taxes). But I do get a bigger tax break under the Obama plan.

Also, both candidates have groups that will benefit from their respective tax plans. People on the lower scale of the income continuum will benefit from Obama's plan, while people with more income will benefit from McCain's plan.

An analysis of both campaigns proposals by the Washington-based, nonpartisan Tax Policy Center found that for people with incomes between $66,354 and $111,645, Obama's proposals would cut their taxes by more than $1000, compared to around $300 under McCain's plan. But for Americans with incomes above $603,402, Obama would raise their taxes dramatically, by more than $115,000 a year, while McCain would cut them by $45,000.

"The Obama tax plan would make the tax system significantly more progressive by providing large tax breaks to those at the bottom of the income scale and raising taxes significantly on upper-income earners," the group concludes. "The McCain tax plan would make the tax system more regressive.... It would do so by providing relatively little tax relief to those at the bottom of the income scale while providing huge tax cuts to households at the very top of the income distribution."

Wild Cobra
08-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Just remember the end result of policies that the likes of Pelosi, Obama, et al wish:

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/lb0415extra_cd.jpg

Wild Cobra
08-21-2008, 05:01 PM
I never said I didn't pay taxes, I pay quite a bit (including self-employment taxes). But I do get a bigger tax break under the Obama plan.

Also, both candidates have groups that will benefit from their respective tax plans. People on the lower scale of the income continuum will benefit from Obama's plan, while people with more income will benefit from McCain's plan.
Well, remember that either plan must make it trough congress. How often do such campagn promises really happen?

Have you seen the details of both plans? I haven't. I have a hard time believing those numbers by The Washington Post. Remember also that Self Employed is treated a little different.

Mr. Peabody
08-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Well, remember that either plan must make it trough congress. How often do such campagn promises really happen?

Have you seen the details of both plans? I haven't. I have a hard time believing those numbers by The Washington Post. Remember also that Self Employed is treated a little different.

I agree. I doubt we'll see most of what it promised on the trail. I think Obama may have an easier time getting his agenda through as long as the Democrats maintain control of Congress, but then again that didn't really seem to help Clinton at the start of his presidency.

JoeChalupa
08-21-2008, 05:26 PM
I just don't see hoe more of the same Bush way of thinking is going to help at all. I've had enough.