PDA

View Full Version : When will these teachers ever learn????

2Blonde
08-21-2008, 11:02 AM
http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/08/12/teacher.html
***There is a picture of her at the link above***

Teacher faces sex charges
Rocky Mount woman indicted by grand jury

By Carolyn Casey
Rocky Mount Telegram

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A former Rocky Mount High School teacher was arrested Tuesday in connection with having sex with a student.

Kelly Bartz, 39, of the 1400 block of Lafayette Avenue was indicted by a Nash County grand jury on charges of sexual activity with a student by a teacher.

Kelly Bartz, 39, resigned from her position as an English teacher at Rocky Mount High School on June 30. She was charged Tuesday with having sex with a student earlier this year.

Bartz was arrested and brought to the jail at 8:54 a.m. and posted her $2,000 bond by 9:06 a.m., according to the Nash County Jail.

The offense was filed as taking place on June 20, and a warrant for her arrest was issued Monday, according to the Nash County Clerk of Courts Office.

The mother of the Rocky Mount High student said she believes the relationship between Bartz and her son began early in the school year when her son was still 17.

As a matter of policy, the Telegram does not publish the names of victims of sexual crimes.

The mother said her son mentioned around December that he was seeing a teacher, but she brushed it off as a joke. Then she began to notice changes in her son's grades and sports, she said.

"I feel that because of (Bartz's) actions it has caused him to fall back, and he didn't pass his grades," the mother said, adding she didn't know if her son would enroll at Rocky Mount High during the upcoming school year. "This has caused a tremendous amount of stress on the whole entire family, and I feel like his downfall is because of this whole situation."

The mother said she approached Assistant Superintendent of Administrative Services Tommy Finch about the situation in May or June. The central office told her they would take action after Bartz was charged, the mother said.

Bartz resigned from her position as an English teacher at Rocky Mount High School on June 30, Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools Executive Director of Communications Sandy Drum said. Bartz began working with the school system in October 1997.

A state law bars the school system from commenting further on the matter, Drum said.

"I was happy when she resigned," the student's mother said. "But I was also not pleased with how long it took them to charge her."

The mother said she spoke out so that a similar type of situation doesn't happen again. Whatever happens from here, the mother said, she just wants everything to be fair.

"I just hope that the justice system continues to be fair and really hope that justice prevails in this situation," she said.

Bartz's first court appearance is scheduled for Aug. 25.

(The inside info I know from someone who knows her is that this chick is in an ongoing relationship with the kid and he is a gangbanger)

lebomb
08-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Lucky bastard!!!! There were a couple of teachers I wanted to nail in HS. :depressed

xtremesteven33
08-21-2008, 11:08 AM
^^^

too bad you were ugly

haha

monosylab1k
08-21-2008, 11:09 AM
not bad for a teacher. I'd give her the time.

englishspursfan
08-21-2008, 11:11 AM
lucky bastard.fill ya boots son is the fatherly advise i would have gave him.

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-21-2008, 11:15 AM
http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/08/12/teacher.html
***There is a picture of her at the link above***

(The inside info I know from someone who knows her is that this chick is in an ongoing relationship with the kid and he is a gangbanger)

"Give it to me, Little Puppet!"

clambake
08-21-2008, 11:18 AM
i don't understand the problem.

isn't this a form of teaching?

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Why is it only women who seem to make this type of thing a big deal?

It's funny how they try to speak for males.

The "this will screw them up" argument is so laughable.

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 11:27 AM

Gangbanger? Maybe your source meant the teacher likes to... :wow

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 11:28 AM
where were these teachers when I was in high school?

They were there, you were you.

ashbeeigh
08-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Kelly Bartz, 39, of the 1400 block of Lafayette Avenue was indicted by a Nash County grand jury on charges of sexual activity with a student by a teacher.

Did they really just give out her address? :lmao

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Did they really just give out her address? :lmao

Now all the gangbangers will be going to her house to gan..., well, you see where I'm gonna go with this.

ashbeeigh
08-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Now all the gangbangers will be going to her house to gan..., well, you see where I'm gonna go with this.

She may have asked them to publish it.

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 12:04 PM

ZmOQyyezwCQ

mrsmaalox
08-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Why is it only women who seem to make this type of thing a big deal?

It's funny how they try to speak for males.

The "this will screw them up" argument is so laughable.

According to this article, the only woman making a big deal is the kid's mother. It may be funny to you that she is speaking for her kid, when he was a minor, but that is her legal responsibilty!

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 12:21 PM
According to this article, the only woman making a big deal is the kid's mother. It may be funny to you that she is speaking for her kid, when he was a minor, but that is her legal responsibilty!

I never read the article as I could care less about the precise situautaion. You've read on "Teacher sleeps with student, gets caught" story, you've read them all.

Actually that post what directed at media coverage in general where it's always almost women who take offense to what happens in these cases and almost the only time it's a male is when it's the lawyer.

2Blonde's title and her obviously being upset sort of goes with what I'm saying.

No guy would have posted that title. Unless it followed with: not to get caught.

I. Hustle
08-21-2008, 12:24 PM
I know how to read the signs now. Back then I didn’t  Why?! WHY??!!!

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-21-2008, 12:40 PM
http://cristal.inria.fr/~harley/ecdl3/pics/butthead.gif
Huh, huh, she works at Rocky Mount High School. Huh huh.

mrsmaalox
08-21-2008, 12:40 PM
I never read the article as I could care less about the precise situautaion. You've read on "Teacher sleeps with student, gets caught" story, you've read them all.

Actually that post what directed at media coverage in general where it's always almost women who take offense to what happens in these cases and almost the only time it's a male is when it's the lawyer.

2Blonde's title and her obviously being upset sort of goes with what I'm saying.

No guy would have posted that title. Unless it followed with: not to get caught.

I'd never speak for 2Blonde, but I interpret her title as a kind of rolling her eyes "what an idiot" type of thing. And as much as you'd like to think that women take offense because of some bizarre form of petty jealousy, I think it is more that sane, mature women can not fathom being sexually attracted to a child.

Taco
08-21-2008, 12:45 PM
"Give it to me, Little Puppet!"

AMERICAN ME?

CosmicCowboy
08-21-2008, 12:50 PM
I'd never speak for 2Blonde, but I interpret her title as a kind of rolling her eyes "what an idiot" type of thing. And as much as you'd like to think that women take offense because of some bizarre form of petty jealousy, I think it is more that sane, mature women can not fathom being sexually attracted to a child.

exactly...not only that but messing with students is a felony in most states, and if you get caught you are guaranteed to be humiliated on the national news even if you don't go to jail...She's an attractive woman and could clearly get laid in any bar in town if sex was the driving factor...why take the risk unless it's really a control/insecurity issue driving them...

Buddy Holly
08-21-2008, 12:51 PM

Firstly, I never presented a self diagnosed cause instead asked why, and that question was rhetorical.

Second, this is a child:

http://www.myopia.org/child.jpg

Not too many "children" in high school.

Well, except for him:

http://www.freewebs.com/mikecash/smartguy%5B1%5D.jpg

jack sommerset
08-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Stupid, the guy was atleast 17. For sure 18. Let them bump uglies.

Borosai
08-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Crush the pussy and shut up; that's what I always say.

Oh, and do your homework and don't fucking tell your mom that you're boning your teacher. Jesus.

slayermin
08-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Crush the pussy and shut up; that's what I always say.

Oh, and do your homework and don't fucking tell your mom that you're boning your teacher. Jesus.

Dude, your sig. is just wrong. I throw up in my mouth a little everytime I see it.

Borosai
08-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Dude, your sig. is just wrong. I throw up in my mouth a little everytime I see it.

Oh stop. She's wicked hot!

2Blonde
08-21-2008, 11:08 PM

I don't know how you got me being upset out of any of this. I thought it was funny & sad at the same time. My grilfriend knew the chick and told me about it.

As far as my title goes, it was tryng to think of something to put on a post that might grab attention. I'm pretty sure that had I called her a "skank, hoe-bag, craddle robbing, walking petri-dish of VD". That might indicate I had negative opinion. On the other hand if I called her a admirable, hot, sexy, cougar who was only playing Mrs. Robinson to his Graduate then that would have indicated that I supported her. What I posted was pretty damn neutral.
Okay, go on with your business, I have things (:toast) to do.

2Blonde
08-21-2008, 11:10 PM

BINGO!!! Wine & confetti for all.:toast:toast

RashoFan
08-21-2008, 11:28 PM
http://cristal.inria.fr/~harley/ecdl3/pics/butthead.gif
Huh, huh, she works at Rocky Mount High School. Huh huh.

FTW!

TDMVPDPOY
08-22-2008, 04:24 AM
dude is 17, he was clearly thinkn with his dick....

seriously most guys in that position would just hit it

Brutalis
08-22-2008, 06:01 AM
:lol yeah she is the sole reason dude is failing school. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Brutalis
08-22-2008, 06:05 AM
And I can't blame the kid. I am attracted to older women. But the teacher has to control her urge ya know.