TheMadHatter
08-21-2008, 06:24 PM
You forgot Stern is a piece of shit.

Other than that, :tu

Lock thread.

Hehe, listen to this man.

MajorMike
08-21-2008, 07:10 PM
This was the final chip Bennett had. If he had not used it this would still be in the courts. Basically Bennett said, if you don't drop this now, you know I'm going to win and when I do I am taking everything and you can't stop me. Seattle conceeded and got to keep the name and trophy.

Even more humorous, OKC has a 200 mil lawsuit to sue the 'Sonics' if they Shultz were to win his lawsuit and they return. The idea is that the 'Sonics' have signed a certain amount of agreements with OKC and in each and every one of them, OKC had them use the wording, 'regardless of ownership.' Therefore, if Shultz were to win a suit and bring the 'Sonics' back, OKC says they have grounds for a breech of contract and an additional 200 mil in damages.

exstatic
08-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Clay Bennett = scum bag

Seattle Mayor + City Council = dumbasses

The fans up there deserved better.

The reality is that the public pays for arenas. You can like it or not like it, but that's how it is. The Seattle public voted NO, effectively backing the moving vans up to Key Arena for the current owners. Bennett wasn't a good guy in this by any means, but the public put the loaded gun into his hand by voting NO. With a YES vote, he would never have been allowed to move the team by any court or the league or Stern. If you can't afford to fund arenas for three teams, then you aren't a three sport town. It's really that simple.

baseline bum
08-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Sucks, but Howard Schulz doesn't catch enough heat for his selling to a guy who was obviously intent on moving. I can't fault Bennett for going out and getting a team for his hometown. If only we had someone like that in this city to get us an NFL team.

baseline bum
08-21-2008, 08:59 PM
The reality is that the public pays for arenas. You can like it or not like it, but that's how it is. The Seattle public voted NO, effectively backing the moving vans up to Key Arena for the current owners. Bennett wasn't a good guy in this by any means, but the public put the loaded gun into his hand by voting NO. With a YES vote, he would never have been allowed to move the team by any court or the league or Stern. If you can't afford to fund arenas for three teams, then you aren't a three sport town. It's really that simple.

If Seattle was a top 4 seed like in 05, I bet they get that arena. Our voters did the same shit to the arena proposal on the NE side when they went to the ballots in 98.