tmtcsc
08-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Nice.

God bless America and Team USA!

LOL @ Sasha YouraBitch.

MiamiHeat
08-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Lol!

Where Are All You Anti-american Fans Now?

Hahaha

Usa Is The Best!

xtremesteven33
08-22-2008, 11:43 AM
i rooted for argentina, and im not anti-american.

Solid D
08-22-2008, 11:46 AM
It's been a long time since USA men's team won an Olympic Gold. They should win it but bravado isn't something citizens of the USA should clothe themselves with considering recent history. I say cheer for USA to win but lose the arrogant bravado.

Trainwreck2100
08-22-2008, 11:48 AM
i rooted for argentina, and im not anti-american.

You were against America, thusly you are anti-american. Go look up the definition of "anti" Freakin commie

MiamiHeat
08-22-2008, 11:59 AM
so you want your countrymen, who are playing for the Olympics to represent the United States (your country) for FREE, and only asking for your SUPPORT, to fail?

You want them to go home in embarrassment like in 2004? You want the world to make fun of us again? To degrade our basketball players as 'not good enough' to beat the other countries again? To add more fuel to the anti-american sentiment that is gripping the world lately?

Yeah, you're a dumbfuck. Learn how to be a patriot.

I know you are safe and sound at home right now and don't understand what it means to have a beautiful, great country like the United States.

Trainwreck2100
08-22-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm Anti-American because i didn't root for the basketball team? Give me a fucking break! It's basketball not World War III:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

There really are some stupid posters here!

You were anti-american basketball, so to shorten that we'll just call you anti american

MiamiHeat
08-22-2008, 12:05 PM
You want them to go home in embarrassment like in 2004? You want the world to make fun of us again? To degrade our basketball players as 'not good enough' to beat the other countries again? To add more fuel to the anti-american sentiment that is gripping the world lately?

^^^^^^^^^^^^ 100% truth

You want to hear another country national anthem being sung? Another country flag being raised?

You don't know jack shit and you are a product of hippie parents.

dbestpro
08-22-2008, 12:06 PM
so you want your countrymen, who are playing for the Olympics to represent the United States (your country) for FREE, and only asking for your SUPPORT, to fail?

I know you are safe and sound at home right now and don't understand what it means to have a beautiful, great country like the United States.

Is this really you George? are you still running that you either for us or against us line?

Trainwreck2100
Anti-American basketball and Anti-American mean two different things! One is against the country the other is against the basketball team:wakeup

It's just an abreviation.

ss1986v2
^^^^^^^^^^^^ 100% truth

You want to hear another country national anthem being sung? Another country flag being raised?

and you may be borderline retarded. so it all balances out in the end...

MiamiHeat
08-22-2008, 12:09 PM
Is this really you George? are you still running that you either for us or against us line?
So you want TEAM USA to fail too?

MiamiHeat
08-22-2008, 12:10 PM
and you may be borderline retarded. so it all balances out in the end...

Prove it, dumb fuck. I'll destroy you.

MiamiHeat
08-22-2008, 12:11 PM
unfortunately its not a abbreviation, you are missing an entire word! If you want to abbreviate Anti-American Basketball call me "Anti AB" But calling me "Anti-American" means I don't care for the United States.

You don't. You want to see your fellow americans fail to accomplish their goal that they have worked hard for.

Anti-american.

ss1986v2
08-22-2008, 12:12 PM
So you want TEAM USA to fail too?
dont give a crap if they win or lose. doesnt affect me any.

MiamiHeat
08-22-2008, 12:13 PM
It affects fellow americans athletes that represent your country and the millions of fellow american fans that root for them.

Way to be a selfish little scumbag prick.

You can say "I don't care about the olympics"

but saying "I want team usa to lose" is anti-american

greenroom
08-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Sorry I don't live or die by Olympic basketball like you do. I can care less if another country's flags get raised How does that affect anything that is happening in the United States..please explain tool bag? I mean have you gone to different countries and had locals talk shit to you about USA basketball?:lmao

It must be nice for you to choose when you want to be American and root for the US. I guess that would make you a bandwagon American.

I can understand hoping that Manu does well, but hoping for the US team to lose is just unAmerican. IMO

Oh and how it effects you... how about some national pride toward the country that you live in??

ss1986v2
08-22-2008, 12:16 PM
It affects fellow americans athletes that represent your country and the millions of fellow american fans that root for them.

Way to be a selfish little scumbag prick.
which is my right as an american. who is the commie now, trying to make me conform to their beliefs?

MiamiHeat is a red! these colors dont run, but you better. god bless the usa....

Trainwreck2100
08-22-2008, 12:16 PM
unfortunately its not a abbreviation, you are missing an entire word! If you want to abbreviate Anti-American Basketball call me "Anti AB" But calling me "Anti-American" means I don't care for the United States.

But it's not just basketball but the players as well. Who wants to write out Anti Lebron, Anti Kobe, Anti Howard, Anti Melo, Anti Bosh etc. You are against all those people. What do they have in common, they are all Americans. so rather than typing all those names since they are all American its just easier to say anti-american.

ss1986v2
08-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Oh and how it effects you... how about some national pride toward the country that you live in??
wow, you must be a pretty shallow person. my level of national pride is the same regardless of whether or not a basketball team wins or loses.

xtremesteven33
08-22-2008, 12:18 PM
haha these guys make me laugh.....

"you root for argentina, you hate AMERICA!!"

haha:rollin

MiamiHeat
08-22-2008, 12:21 PM
hey dumb fucks

AMERICA JUST OWNED YOUR ASSES

MiamiHeat
08-22-2008, 12:22 PM
We dont give a shit about your dumb ass

NICE JOB MISSING THE TRAIN HAHAHAAH

USA > YOU

xtremesteven33
08-22-2008, 12:23 PM
You are missing the point here! How hard is it to say "Anti-American Basketball"..instead of "Anti American", the two have different meanings how many times do I have to tell you that?

If your too lazy to add word when responding then there is no help for you.

dude dont waste your time on guys like that. they have no life but to argue and be a tough guy on the internet.

we all understand your point but these guys wont admit to it.

Trainwreck2100
08-22-2008, 12:24 PM
You are missing the point here! How hard is it to say "Anti-American Basketball"..instead of "Anti American", the two have different meanings how many times do I have to tell you that?

If your too lazy to add word when responding then there is no help for you.

its not being lazy, typing leads to capel tunnel syndrome. Now you want me to get capel tunnel syndrome. That's messed up I have done nothing to you for you to wish ill upon me

greenroom
wow, you must be a pretty shallow person. my level of national pride is the same regardless of whether or not a basketball team wins or loses.

Yes bandwagon American.. Your national pride is high when it suits you. Other than that you dont give a shit on if the US wins or loses. We get that.
And no I am not a shallow person. I served my country in the military and root for the US in all sport. So I guess I would be a true American unlike you.

But its ok for you to be a bandwagon American.

ss1986v2
hey dumb fucks

how so? i thought they would win, which is why i was rooting for the argies (its more fun to root for the underdog while watching). i have no vested interest though, so i could care less who actually won.

Trainwreck2100
dude dont waste your time on guys like that. they have no life but to argue and be a tough guy on the internet.

we all understand your point but these guys wont admit to it.

I've never played a tough guy on the internet

temujin
08-22-2008, 12:28 PM
hey dumb fucks

What role did YOU play in this, EXACTLY?

Trainwreck2100
Now I will start rooting for the USA so I can be called a True American! Thank you so much, without your guidance I would be lost:wakeup

Bandwagoner

Trainwreck2100
What role did YOU play in this, EXACTLY?

He's american

MiamiHeat
08-22-2008, 12:29 PM
I Rooted And Supported My Team!

A Win For Team Usa Is For All Of The United States Because They Represent Us!

Usa > The World !!!!!

ss1986v2
Yes bandwagon American.. Your national pride is high when it suits you. Other than that you dont give a shit on if the US wins or loses. We get that.
And no I am not a shallow person. I served my country in the military and root for the US in all sport. So I guess I would be a true American unlike you.

But its ok for you to be a bandwagon American.
so i have to always support americans whatever they do everywhere? i have to conform to your beliefs or im wrong? because you are a good little sheep, you are right?

looks like i found another red...

greenroom
It's affects me..not effects.

You are right I'm a bangwagon American (whatever that means), I have to root for the United States even though I don't care for their players or coach staff? National Pride over basketball, get over yourself:rollin

Bandwagon American = only american when it is in their best interest.

That is the problem with the US. They only care when it matters to them. You look at a country like Argentina. I have a feeling in Argentina that everyone was rooting for Argentina to upset the Americans.

MiamiHeat
08-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Too bad for you LOL!

USA will crush your sorry team that you root for

GO USA!

MiamiHeat
08-22-2008, 12:30 PM
A win in basketball has nothing to do with the World! How delusional are you?:lmao

America is the greatest country on planet Earth.

Are you trying to say different?

Trainwreck2100
08-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Please get over yourself..I won't be rooting for the USA!

in what capacity won't you be rooting for the USA the entire olympics, foreign policy, war, or just basketball.

So it's ok for you to exclude basketball from your sentences, but when i do it, it's wrong?

xtremesteven33
08-22-2008, 12:31 PM
rooting for Germany in WWII= Unamerican

greenroom
08-22-2008, 12:33 PM

Well good to know that your not a fan of the US.

freemeat
08-22-2008, 12:34 PM
A poster who roots for a team in Florida calling someone anti-american?

FLORIDA!? FREAKIN---FLORIDA!? Seriously?

No one in your state should even be allowed to vote for president.

MiamiHeat
08-22-2008, 12:36 PM

well?

Trainwreck2100
08-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Um..genius I am anti American Basketball period..what does that have to do with foreign policy, war, United States policies, etc?

That is why I said I'm Anti American basketball..not Anti American! Can you read?:toast

Here's what you said, and what i quoted

I don't see basketball anywhere, do you?

MiamiHeat
08-22-2008, 12:38 PM
A win in basketball has nothing to do with the World! How delusional are you?:lmao

well?

ss1986v2
08-22-2008, 12:38 PM
well?

xlSu2GKxlFY

do i have to go get a chair...

greenroom
08-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Please stop posting, you sound like a complete moron! Basketball has nothing to do with World policy, National Pride, Patriotism, etc. It is entertainment..period!

You really think Obama or Mckain really give a shit if USA wins gold?:wakeup

Um Yes they do care. Why do you thinkalot of the Medal winners go and meet the president?? And why was most of the leaders of the world at the Opening Ceremonies?

And you may not think that Olympic sports has nothing to do with National PRIDE, but your way off base.
You must not remember the Mircle on Ice. That is one of the greatest US moments verse the USSR and it created a ton of national pride and patriotism.

Plus the US winning in the olympics gives our troops a boost when they are overseas.

Maybe you should stop posting. :ihit

And is McCain not McKain

xtremesteven33
08-22-2008, 12:41 PM
arguing on the internet is stupid.

MiamiHeat
08-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Um Yes they do care. Why do you thinkalot of the Medal winners go and meet the president?? And why was most of the leaders of the world at the Opening Ceremonies?

And you may not think that Olympic sports has nothing to do with National PRIDE, but your way off base.
You must not remember the Mircle on Ice. That is one of the greatest US moments verse the USSR and it created a ton of national pride and patriotism.

Plus the US winning in the olympics gives our troops a boost when they are overseas.

Maybe you should stop posting. :ihit

And is McCain not McKain

:toast:toast:toast nice post.

http://www.chron.com/photos/2008/08/10/12421690/260xStory.jpg

Even Bush gets it. Some of you must be under 18....

koriwhat
08-22-2008, 12:44 PM
who gives a fuck about patriotism anyhow? fuck bush and all his little sheep too.

ps: this country is not ours if you don't remember history...

koriwhat
08-22-2008, 12:45 PM
:toast:toast:toast nice post.

http://www.chron.com/photos/2008/08/10/12421690/260xStory.jpg

Even Bush gets it. Some of you must be under 18....

wow another drone... go figure. :flag:

Trainwreck2100
08-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Idiot..you called me a Bandwagoner for "supposedly deciding to root for team USA and I said I won't be rooting for the USA! Go reread the entire post before making accusations!

See i call you anti-american on a basketball forum in a thread about basketball, and i tell i'm referring to basketball and you say i have to put basketball. But in the same thread you feel that you don't have to put basketball cause it's implied. So its good enough for you to exclude it, but not for me? It's hypocritical people like you that are one of the reasons the world hates America.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Go USA.

manufor3
08-22-2008, 01:45 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^ 100% truth

lol at you quoting yourself

Sean Cagney
08-22-2008, 02:04 PM
US gonna get that GOLD back!!!!!!!!!!! Forget the doubters.

Oh, Gee!!
08-22-2008, 02:13 PM
ur g0ld medalz r belong to us

sabar
08-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Is this thread a joke? Are we talking about fighting in the American Revolution or a basketball game?

koriwhat
08-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Is this thread a joke? Are we talking about fighting in the American Revolution or a basketball game?

the revolution.

greenroom
08-22-2008, 02:28 PM

Well I am talking about the Olympics.. not just a basketball game.

This is not a pick up game. This is country vs country.

Spurminator
08-22-2008, 02:33 PM
THis is all very stupid and somewhat embarrassing.

urunobili
08-22-2008, 02:43 PM

so Eminem is what in your life? Henry Rollins? :nope

td4mvp3
08-22-2008, 02:47 PM
this is why this thread is stupid: it goes against the point of the olympics. yeah, they want you to root for your country, but beyond that, they want you to understand and appreciate the brotherhood of man and enjoy the extent of human ability. we're supposed to celebrate together, to root for one and all, and to find a reason to hope in the world as a whole in the skill and sportsmanship that's meant to come from these games (hence the ioc making some remark about that bolt runner guy not being in the olympic spirit; hence the horror of hitler being unwilling to give jesse owens his medal). if all you want is to root for the usa, then you miss the reason why the usa participates in these games, and it's not for a freaking medal count or to get you to buy a coke (or at least it wasn't meant to be, isn't touted as being so, and shouldn't be), it's to get the people of the world out of their little nationalistic boxes and recognize the greatest of all.

xtremesteven33
08-22-2008, 02:51 PM
you root for who you want to root for....whats the big freakin deal??

spurs1990
08-22-2008, 02:53 PM
whatever, it was just a basketball game.

My understanding Manu didn't even play much, fwiw.

sehui
08-22-2008, 05:18 PM
ugh this thread hurts me especially with the manu injury.

DMX7
08-22-2008, 06:08 PM
you root for who you want to root for....whats the big freakin deal??

You're suppose to take pride in rooting for your country. You can root for who ever you want to but it just seems silly to me to root for a country you have nothing to do with just because one of their players plays for the spurs.

Ginobili cares a lot more about Argentina than he does San Antonio, you should probably care more about the U.S. than Ginobili.

Fermixalot
08-22-2008, 07:06 PM

I love my country so much that I am not blinded by that love and can see its faults.

Like having Carmelo and J-Kidd starting on a team with CP3/Deron and Tayshaun. Its a travesty.

I bet you're one of those people who say anti-war people want all our soldiers in Iraq dead? Or that a pro-choice person personally murders infants?

God! and I bet you are happy that Carmelo is starting!!!! Disgusting.:nope

bresilhac
08-22-2008, 07:13 PM
I was hoping Manu and company would defeat that high-priced bunch of primadonas but alas it was not to be. The American team is over-bloated with arrogant, self-righteous showboats, particularly Bryant, who in reality is the last person I would pick to represent my country.

Dre_7
08-22-2008, 07:14 PM
I rooted for 2 things. The US team to win and Manu to not suffer any injuries. Sadly, I only saw one of those things happen. :depressed

Russ
08-22-2008, 07:44 PM
All this "country" bullshit in the Olympics is disgusting.

It's like war lite.

T Park
08-22-2008, 07:49 PM
I love my country so much that I am not blinded by that love and can see its faults.

Like having Carmelo and J-Kidd starting on a team with CP3/Deron and Tayshaun. Its a travesty.

I bet you're one of those people who say anti-war people want all our soldiers in Iraq dead? Or that a pro-choice person personally murders infants?

God! and I bet you are happy that Carmelo is starting!!!! Disgusting.:nope

Ok yeah comparing war and abortion to Carmello Anthony starting for the USA team is a tad of a stretch and a tad of a fail.

T Park
08-22-2008, 07:49 PM
All this "country" bullshit in the Olympics is disgusting.

It's like war lite.

Oh god....

MannyIsGod
08-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Trainwreck wins the gold medal for his troll job on Adam in this thread.

The Franchise
08-22-2008, 08:10 PM
It's been a long time since USA men's team won an Olympic Gold. They should win it but bravado isn't something citizens of the USA should clothe themselves with considering recent history. I say cheer for USA to win but lose the arrogant bravado.

Totally agree.

Russ
08-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Oh god....

And don't get me started on that subject . . . :)

greenroom
08-22-2008, 08:31 PM
You're suppose to take pride in rooting for your country. You can root for who ever you want to but it just seems silly to me to root for a country you have nothing to do with just because one of their players plays for the spurs.

Ginobili cares a lot more about Argentina than he does San Antonio, you should probably care more about the U.S. than Ginobili.

:clap :clap

So true about Ginobili. I understand that he wanted to play for his country, but he risked his health and the Spurs chance for a championship by doing so.

byrontx
08-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Ugly nationalism doesn't make me feel patriotic. it makes me want to root for someone else.

DespЏrado
08-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Dumb ass thread...started by a dumbass.

Seriously rooting for the Argentina national team is like rooting for San Antonio against the US NBA All star team.

I have more loyalty to the personal connection we have to the Argentina players than people like (rapist) Kobe Bryant, (nut punching) Chris Paul, and (all around thug) Carmelo Anthony. It's nothing against the US, nor does it mean I am making a political statement.

I just want our boys with the San Antonio connection to do well. Oberto and Manu are Spurs, and my loyalty is to the Spurs in them over the stupid jingoistic need to say GO USA GO USA GO USA no matter what kind of person is representing the US.

Obstructed_View
08-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Dumb ass thread...started by a dumbass.

Seriously rooting for the Argentina national team is like rooting for San Antonio against the US NBA All star team.

I have more loyalty to the personal connection we have to the Argentina players than people like (rapist) Kobe Bryant, (nut punching) Chris Paul, and (all around thug) Carmelo Anthony. It's nothing against the US, nor does it mean I am making a political statement.

I just want our boys with the San Antonio connection to do well. Oberto and Manu are Spurs, and my loyalty is to the Spurs in them over the stupid jingoistic need to say GO USA GO USA GO USA no matter what kind of person is representing the US.

Well said. I reserve the fucking right not to root for classless thugs like Kobe and Carmelo and Paul. I was ashamed of the way team USA acted when Greece was whipping their asses. The dream team proved everything I ever wanted USA basketball to prove, and did it with class and grace. The experiment should have ended there.

You want me to root for the USA basketball team, give me players that are worth rooting for. I'd rather see college players finish out of medal contention.

Man In Black
08-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Fuck you S-HEAT fan.

The real Team USA is the MILITARY.

Recognize that motherfucker!!!!

Tully365
08-23-2008, 12:31 AM
In a related story, a man was stabbed in a deli in Miami today for attempting to add swiss cheese to his turkey sandwich. The assailant was outraged that someone would disrespect American cheese so blatantly and favor the more neutral flavored Swiss, whose creators were declared to be nothing more than skiing hippies, pinetree huggers, and watchmaking fags by the mouth-foaming assailant. Moments before the stabbing, the assailant had been engaged in a screaming match with the manager of the business, who he called "un-american" for serving lukewarm Freedom Fries.

tlongII
08-23-2008, 12:48 AM
Sorry, but I'm with Miami Heat on this one. I hope Rudy does well in the gold medal game, but eff Spain. It's all about the USA Baby!

dallaskd
08-23-2008, 12:54 AM
go USA

Tully365
08-23-2008, 12:55 AM
I hope Michael Redd sticks a tiny statuette of Teddy Roosevelt up Rudy's ass.

dallaskd
08-23-2008, 12:56 AM
I hope Michael Redd sticks a tiny statuette of Teddy Roosevelt up Rudy's ass.

why?

Tully365
08-23-2008, 12:57 AM
why?

Because he started the National Parks system.

dallaskd
08-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Because he started the National Parks system.

your right. get the statuette. ill get the lube.

Trainwreck2100
08-23-2008, 01:01 AM
your right. get the statuette. ill get the lube.

I know where we could get a Robin williams statuette on the cheap. We can dress him up like Night at the Museum.

Tully365
08-23-2008, 01:02 AM
That's the olympic spirit!

celldweller
08-23-2008, 01:04 AM
The world is back to to normal! Argentina wins olympic gold in soccer, and the US will win Basketball Gold!!!! :downspin:

hsxvvd
08-23-2008, 01:14 AM
Hope the US does win, that way they won't need to change the rules for you in London.

Tully365
08-23-2008, 01:28 AM
Hope the US does win, that way they won't need to change the rules for you in London.

Ah, London... that's where Tony Blair lives. Remember the good ol' days when the neocons hated him for being a liberal labor party pinko who believed in socialized medicine? See? Given enough time, we can all find grounds for friendship. Now that's the Olympic spirit!

johngateswhiteley
08-23-2008, 01:45 AM
damn...could have beaten Argentina much worse. but, a win is a win is a win. time to DESTROY Spain.

Holt's Cat
08-23-2008, 02:01 AM

Yeah, yeah, citizen of the world. I get it.