PDA

View Full Version : Coaching today USA. Meball vs Teamball

Fabbs
08-22-2008, 11:58 AM
I could not watch a live feed, so for anyone who saw it.

Kome and Marsh'Mellow Anthony chucked for a combined 8-28 and on treys 4-17. Kome was okay at least early, at one point being 5-10 plus Kobe has been playing good D. 'Mello never was on, tried his hardest to piss away the USA lead and almost succeded, score being 46-40 at one point after another Kome miss to give Argie the ball with a chance to cut to 4. Plus he never plays D. Yet the two of them get the most minutes played by far.

Coach K and staff sat and oiled Mellow and Komes nutts. Bosh and DHoward were nailed to the bench as the smallball Meism punks were allowed to continue. What was up with that?

Now i realize the game plan all along might have been to get Bosh, DHoward and DWade in the 2nd half. Which happend and they along with Lebron and others bailed the USA out.

But what gives with letting esp punk MarshMello but Kobe as well go into his Kome act? The game log no one would explain what exactly happened when Marshmellow allegedly threw a punch at Oberto. If so, how does Coach K let him stay in after that punkery?

stretch
08-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Carmello sucked so bad. At least he got to the line, but he blew that huge lead, which led to Kobe panicking and chucking bad shots after he had that GREAT start.

I didn't mind Kobe too much, cuz at least he was trying. Carmello was from the beginning my BIGGEST concern for this team because of his terrible attitude. This team would be better if they got rid of him, and added Bruce Bowen.

Billy Hoyle
08-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Carmello sucked so bad. At least he got to the line, but he blew that huge lead, which led to Kobe panicking and chucking bad shots after he had that GREAT start.

I didn't mind Kobe too much, cuz at least he was trying. Carmello was from the beginning my BIGGEST concern for this team because of his terrible attitude. This team would be better if they got rid of him, and added Bruce Bowen.

You sir are a fuckin' idiot!

stretch
08-22-2008, 12:20 PM
You sir are a fuckin' idiot!

explain

Billy Hoyle
08-22-2008, 12:26 PM
explain

First, are you stating your opinion on the fact you dislike Carmelo? If so, you need to look past that and now the guy can play, he can get to the line, he's done more then some of the others on that team. If you want to take anyone out it should be Boozer.

Fabbs
08-22-2008, 12:30 PM
First, are you stating your opinion on the fact you dislike Carmelo? If so, you need to look past that and now the guy can play, he can get to the line, he's done more then some of the others on that team. If you want to take anyone out it should be Boozer.
Boozer only played two minutes today.
As to MarshMellos 13 FTAs today, the Argie posters were calling them dubious at best. If he did deserve the FTs, please expound on todays game.

Billy Hoyle
08-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Boozer only played two minutes today.
As to MarshMellos 13 FTAs today, the Argie posters were calling them dubious at best. If he did deserve the FTs, please expound on todays game.

Apparently he did deserve them as he got to the line, bad calls or not.

JamStone
08-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Kobe has shot poorly in the Olympics. Today, he didn't really force bad shots up. He missed shots. He may have forced things a handful of times. He should have had more assists because he was setting up teammates and they were getting fouled and went to the line.

Carmelo shot poorly again today, but he was attacking the glass and mixing it up inside, and that's why he went to the line so many times.

More missed free throws, careless turnovers, and lack of aggression on defense in the second quarter is what made the game closer than it should have been, despite Carmelo and Kobe shooting poorly from the field. Those turnovers and missed free throws weren't the fault of Carmelo and Kobe.

stretch
08-22-2008, 12:38 PM

No, its not because I dislike Carmello personally. It's because he is an idiot. Talented as hell, has great skills that are very fitting for international play, but his attitude is so poor that it turns into a cancer as it did today. He decided to start being a chucker, and because of that, Kobe went and started chucking, and the whole team panicked and started forcing dumb shots and not playing like a team. If it wasn't for Carmello, the US probably would have beat Argentina by 30 or 40 and the game would never have gotten close.

Billy Hoyle
08-22-2008, 12:40 PM
No, its not because I dislike Carmello personally. It's because he is an idiot. Talented as hell, has great skills that are very fitting for international play, but his attitude is so poor that it turns into a cancer as it did today. He decided to start being a chucker, and because of that, Kobe went and started chucking, and the whole team panicked and started forcing dumb shots and not playing like a team. If it wasn't for Carmello, the US probably would have beat Argentina by 30 or 40 and the game would never have gotten close.

No it wasn't all Carmelo's fault...as JamStone pointed out, it was the missed free throws, careless turnovers, and lack of aggression on defense in the second quarter from the other players...you can't pin this on Carmelo.

stretch
08-22-2008, 12:46 PM
No it wasn't all Carmelo's fault...as JamStone pointed out, it was the missed free throws, careless turnovers, and lack of aggression on defense in the second quarter from the other players...you can't pin this on Carmelo.

I agree that other factors went into it. But Carmello and Kobe threw the rest of the team out of their rhythm with their stupid chucking. No one can deny that players chucking bad shots can throw an entire team out of a rhythm in all factors of the game. Getting away from team ball can fuck a team up real easily.

Fabbs
08-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Kobe has shot poorly in the Olympics. Today, he didn't really force bad shots up. He missed shots. He may have forced things a handful of times. He should have had more assists because he was setting up teammates and they were getting fouled and went to the line.

Carmelo shot poorly again today, but he was attacking the glass and mixing it up inside, and that's why he went to the line so many times.

More missed free throws, careless turnovers, and lack of aggression on defense in the second quarter is what made the game closer than it should have been, despite Carmelo and Kobe shooting poorly from the field. Those turnovers and missed free throws weren't the fault of Carmelo and Kobe.
According to the boxscore the only player other then MarshMello to attempt a FT in the 2nd qtr was Chris Paul. He made them both.

Otherwise after Marshmello made a trey to make it 37-18, it reads mostly Marsh brick, Kobe brick. Marsh 0-3, Kome 0-4 as score became 46-40. Can't understand why Coach K and staff would tolerate that stretch.

But on the other points thanks for the input Jam.

lebomb
08-22-2008, 01:03 PM
:lmao

And you think this 08 team is better than the 92 Squad............ :lmao

stretch
08-22-2008, 01:04 PM

yup

lebomb
08-22-2008, 01:08 PM
yup

Sorry dude, but you are an idiot. Have a great weekend.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-22-2008, 01:08 PM

What was wrong with his statement?

stretch
08-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Sorry dude, but you are an idiot. Have a great weekend.

Thanks. Have a great one yourself.

KobeOwnsBowen
08-22-2008, 01:55 PM
This team loses like they did in 2004 without Kobe. Ridiculous thread.

JamStone
08-22-2008, 02:08 PM
According to the boxscore the only player other then MarshMello to attempt a FT in the 2nd qtr was Chris Paul. He made them both.

Otherwise after Marshmello made a trey to make it 37-18, it reads mostly Marsh brick, Kobe brick. Marsh 0-3, Kome 0-4 as score became 46-40. Can't understand why Coach K and staff would tolerate that stretch.

But on the other points thanks for the input Jam.

Lack of aggression on defense in the second quarter. And, actually I should clarify that because in that second quarter there were also lazy reach in fouls that got Argentina to the line a lot in that quarter that helped them get back in the game.

The missed free throws and careless turnovers didn't take place in second quarter. The team had like three consecutive turnovers in that third quarter or maybe the fourth, I think by LeBron and Kidd.

DaDakota
08-22-2008, 02:11 PM
I don't know why Melo is even on the team, he is not a good defender, is a streaky shooter, and is a fake tough guy.

Not a fan of Melo.

DD

Fabbs
08-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Lack of aggression on defense in the second quarter. And, actually I should clarify that because in that second quarter there were also lazy reach in fouls that got Argentina to the line a lot in that quarter that helped them get back in the game.

The missed free throws and careless turnovers didn't take place in second quarter. The team had like three consecutive turnovers in that third quarter or maybe the fourth, I think by LeBron and Kidd.
Ah okay. Lazy D by several if not all of the USers?
Who was guarding (rather not guarding :lol ) Scola in the 2nd half?

All in all hard to argue with a 20 point win.

What was your view of the MarshMello temper tantrum vs Oberto. Manny said Oberto was pulling his dirty crap. See anything?

rj215
08-22-2008, 11:26 PM
The US seemed confused and frustrated by the zone that Argentina played starting mostly in the second quarter. What's worse is that it seemed as if they did nothing but shoot threes in the second quarter to combat the stategy. Michael Redd came off the bench to help but was a bit gun shy and he lasted about 5 plays.

After halftime, the US adjusted and moved the ball a bit more but still forced shots and had careless turnovers. Melo was his usual talented but stupid self. He got to the line but played poorly otherwise. He almost started a fight with half the Argentinian squad until the rest of the US starting five pulled him aside.

Overall, a hard fought win but definitely room for improvement espcially with a Spanish team waiting for revenge for an blowout earlier in the tourney.