PDA

View Full Version : do you think R.C Buford need to resign?

kobyz
08-22-2008, 05:16 PM
after all the bad moves he did in the past 2 years

Mark in Austin
08-22-2008, 05:28 PM
only if they bring back Bob Bass.

T Park
08-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Will you go away if he does?

The Truth #6
08-22-2008, 05:37 PM
And replace him with who? Show me a list!

Spurs Brazil
08-22-2008, 05:37 PM
No

ducks
08-22-2008, 05:45 PM
did you think sonics and wolves would have given the spurs
kg and ray allen?

anakha
08-22-2008, 05:55 PM
:lol at the thread starter coming late to the FO bashing party.

Solid D
08-22-2008, 05:59 PM
R.C. resign? What, and leave the job to the Asst. GM and successor Dennis Lindsey?

http://www.nba.com/media/rockets/content_lindseyblog.jpg

Jobbs
08-22-2008, 06:03 PM
he was blind to a lot of things. his assistants were the ones pulling the strings. once we lost them to portland and seattle, we fall apart. example: hiring a new guy from the rockets then later trading Scola's rights to...the rockets...shock

DPG21920
08-22-2008, 06:05 PM
SpursTalk has officially melted down. All hell has broken loose.

T Park
08-22-2008, 06:27 PM
I'd just like to know who the hell your supposed to replace him with.

Darkwaters
08-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Melt down of Spurs fans? Maybe it really is a good time to move to Italy.

Brutalis
08-22-2008, 06:34 PM

Bill Walton.

NewJerSpur
08-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Bill Walton.

And his 1st instructions to Fab would be....anyone want to take a guess?

I'll take "Throw it down big man...throw it down" for $500 Alex.

Solid D
08-22-2008, 06:44 PM
http://aliasfrequencies.org/son/images/meltdown.jpg

8/22/2008 The Day They Melted Down

mrspurs
08-22-2008, 06:47 PM
http://aliasfrequencies.org/son/images/meltdown.jpg

8/22/2008 The Day They Melted Down

:lol

intlspurshk
08-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Not sure why all the fingers pointed to RC. Yes, the news said that he favoured derrick dial over Raja bell, he engineered a trade of Scola for nothing when he should signed Scola, let him play and traded for players with better value, he signed so-so FA, he didn't draft Josh Howard, he drafted M William who get waived, he drafted Hill and is not yet signed cause people wondering how much trust FO has in this player....

I don't know how many mistakes listed above are attibutable to him when in an organisation like SPURS which has no transparency at all. I do think most of the decision he made was heavily influenced by the budget he had. He may also need to observe Pop's preference but has to take the result of wrong decision by Pop given fans in SA do have a regular strike to fire Pop in each season.

But I can't help mentioning that I miss Sam Presti though.

ChumpDumper
08-22-2008, 07:12 PM
But I can't help mentioning that I miss Sam Presti though.I'm trying to figure out why, because outside of getting a few extra picks, he hasn't done much in the past year. In fact he just waived a $6 million expiring contract instead of trying to get anything back for him.

pad300
08-22-2008, 07:44 PM

Name names smack again! Well, I got you this time:

I say ME!

Yeah, that's right, I'll take the job. I'm available. I'm clearly smarter than the people who are currently running things - I would never have signed Butler, nor traded Scola for what we got...
Somebody tell Holt I'll take 1/3 of the salary RC takes home, and I guaranteed a :lobt2: within 2 years!

T Park
08-22-2008, 07:51 PM
I'm trying to figure out why, because outside of getting a few extra picks, he hasn't done much in the past year. In fact he just waived a $6 million expiring contract instead of trying to get anything back for him.

Hes a genius!!!!!!

T Park
08-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Name names smack again! Well, I got you this time:

I say ME!

Yeah, that's right, I'll take the job. I'm available. I'm clearly smarter than the people who are currently running things - I would never have signed Butler, nor traded Scola for what we got...
Somebody tell Holt I'll take 1/3 of the salary RC takes home, and I guaranteed a :lobt2: within 2 years!

Call it whatever childish thing you want.

If you "call" for a firing, be prepared to suggest people who should replace him.

itzsoweezee
08-22-2008, 08:22 PM
spurs need a new owner. with that cheapskate that currently owns the team, it won't matter who is the GM.

Mr. Body
08-22-2008, 09:05 PM
He's on a short clock and I don't expect him to do much to keep him around.

Spurtacus
08-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Yes. Go away R.C.

NuGGeTs-FaN
08-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Hey this could be my opportunity to kickstart a career in the NBA. Why not start at the top? :lol

I can come onto Spurstalk and just start a poll for ever trade opportunity i get called about and the winning answer will be the outcome :lol :drunk

brettn
08-22-2008, 10:04 PM
And his 1st instructions to Fab would be....anyone want to take a guess?

I'll take "Throw it down big man...throw it down" for $500 Alex.

LOL. Fucking Walton.

He has a crush on boris diaw btw.

FSZS6sRVWsk

T Park
08-22-2008, 10:43 PM
spurs need a new owner. with that cheapskate that currently owns the team, it won't matter who is the GM.

Example of him being cheap please.

SequSpur
08-22-2008, 10:44 PM
The Spurs are retooling the whole front office and RC is getting promoted every fucking day.

Yeah right.

T Park
08-22-2008, 11:14 PM
The Spurs are retooling the whole front office and RC is getting promoted every fucking day.

Yeah right.

Every day?

Literally?

Link?

wisnub
08-22-2008, 11:20 PM
I dont think he should be back. I dont know why I think Sam Presti is better than him,but thats impossible. Pop will be fine coz most decision will go through his consent anyway..assisting manager DL will do fine. RC is really a classy guy, but we need change and having Pop in our side will make transition easier. Please go away RC, and thanks for everything

wisnub
08-22-2008, 11:22 PM

Hahaha i agree on this one. I wonder what happened if Donald Trump owns the team. Spurs apprentice part 1 ?

rj215
08-22-2008, 11:44 PM
No don't get rid of RC. Remember :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

dallaskd
08-23-2008, 12:07 AM
24-24

Spooky
08-23-2008, 12:39 AM
:nope

RuffnReadyOzStyle
08-23-2008, 01:41 AM
No, but I wish you'd stop your fucking whining.

Twisted_Dawg
08-23-2008, 07:42 AM
SpursTalk has officially melted down. All hell has broken loose.

You think it is bad now??

Just wait until January when some losses pile up, Scola is having a great year, Bonner is non-existent, Finley embarrasses himself, George Hill is struggling.......then you will see epic melt downs.

K-State Spur
08-23-2008, 08:29 AM

Just wait until January when some losses pile up, Scola is having a great year, Bonner is non-existent, Finley embarrasses himself, George Hill is struggling.......then you will see epic melt downs.

Agreed.

Around then, the poll will be "should RC contemplate suicide?"

greenroom
08-23-2008, 09:03 AM

You forgot not playing with Manu who will be sitting because of his injury that he reinjured in the olympics. Which is not the FO fault. But I am sure the Spurs Nation will put on RC.

century
08-23-2008, 01:32 PM
R. C. needs to go. He has totally fucked up the Spurs. They should offer his job to someone good with a lot of experience like Nellie or George Karl or Pat Riley.

Tully365
08-23-2008, 05:15 PM
The poll score is 33-33 now.

Lots of drama. Is RC sweating right now?!

well,... no.

Tully365
08-23-2008, 06:01 PM
after all the bad moves he did in the past 2 years

I think these moves were good:

1. Signing Udoka to an extremely inexpensive two year contract.
2. Signing Mason to a reasonable two year contract.
3. I know many will disagree, but I still like the Hill pick. Only time will tell.
4. Getting Gist at #57.
5. Trading Elson, and getting Thomas. Then, re-signing Barry back after Seattle waived him. The Spurs didn't win the title this year, but having Thomas and Barry on the team for the playoffs was a good plan.
6. Trading Nesterovic. He accomplished some things in his time in San Antonio but didn't grow as a player, so it made sense to get out from under his contract and replace him with more inexpensive players. Even if you lament Bonner's contract being too big, there's no doubt that it is more reasonable than Rasho's.
7. Signing Oberto. He has a higher hoops IQ than Rasho, Elson, or Nazr, and his contract is small for a guy who plays the minutes he does. Not glamorous, but very efficient-- he doesn't clog the paint offensively, leaving Duncan all the room he needs to operate.
8. Drafting Splitter. Because of worldwide economic changes, he stayed in Europe, which sucks. But he was a daring pick, and has more talent than many of the players picked ahead of him. Remember, the Spurs took a chance drafting David Robinson because he had to serve two years after leaving the Naval Academy. Many teams wouldn't want to wait two years for a #1 pick to arrive. The Splitter pick was a similar scenario, except the risk didn't pay off this time. I still think it was a smart gamble to make.

T Park
08-23-2008, 06:06 PM
R. C. needs to go. He has totally fucked up the Spurs. They should offer his job to someone good with a lot of experience like Nellie or George Karl or Pat Riley.

George Karl?

Are you fucking high?

Pat RIley Nelson?

Sorry, goodbye.

Dramon
08-23-2008, 06:57 PM

You're right...if we had an owner willing to throw money at the team then we could be just like Dallas or New York!

MrChug
08-23-2008, 10:27 PM
This vote is 50/50 as we speak, but I'm sorry R.C. your time has passed. The new era of G.M. is taking hold of the league and your "We're the Spurs...EVERYBODY wants to play for us even though we have no money". It's only the old guys who'd stick around and you're even alienating them! The moves make the team------don't make us the Pistons of the West (just be one of the top teams and you'll be fine).

Take a quick gander at the accomplishments of a few of your former colleagues (i.e. Danny Ferry, Steve Kerr, Sam Presti, even Rod Higgins...former Spur) or the others who have made impactful decisions during the few last offseasons and deadline moves that stun the league-McHale, Pritchard, and Daryl Morey have made the moves that could potentially put them over the top. McHale did it. He won. You didn't...WE didn't.

It hurts to say it, but conservativism only wins presidential elections, not NBA championships anymore.

AC#21_TD ERA
08-23-2008, 11:03 PM
R.C Pussyford its time you fucking get the fuck out of here. You make me sick, you fucking coward. The only decent thing you have done is drafted Tony Parker and that was a fluke. Your an overrated piece of shit of a GM. When you trade a player like Scola for nothing in return that goes to show your a fucking clueless moron :ihit:ihit:ihit.THERE COMES A TIME WHERE YOU HAVE TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS! :flipoff:flipoff:flipoff:flipoff:flipoff:flipoff

ducks
08-23-2008, 11:06 PM
name one front office that has done better the last decade
name one team that won a title paying a large tax
do you really think sonics would have given spurs ray allen and wolves given the spurs kg

AC#21_TD ERA
08-23-2008, 11:15 PM
name one front office that has done better the last decade
name one team that won a title paying a large tax
do you really think sonics would have given spurs ray allen and wolves given the spurs kg

When you have 3 of the all time greats, its fucking pretty easy to fucking build around. Proven veterans want to come to San Antonio, make sacrafices, take less money just to win a championship. That's why the spurs dont pay large taxes. They are blessed with having the big 3 to build around. When R.C eventually gets the boot and gets a another GM job lest see how he does without having the Big 3 to build around.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-23-2008, 11:16 PM
R.C Pussyford its time you fucking get the fuck out of here. You make me sick, you fucking coward. The only decent thing you have done is drafted Tony Parker and that was a fluke. Your an overrated piece of shit of a GM. When you trade a player like Scola for nothing in return that goes to show your a fucking clueless moron :ihit:ihit:ihit.THERE COMES A TIME WHERE YOU HAVE TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS! :flipoff:flipoff:flipoff:flipoff:flipoff:flipoff

It's about time your whiny ass showed up.

ducks
08-23-2008, 11:35 PM
When you have 3 of the all time greats, its fucking pretty easy to fucking build around. Proven veterans want to come to San Antonio, make sacrafices, take less money just to win a championship. That's why the spurs dont pay large taxes. They are blessed with having the big 3 to build around. When R.C eventually gets the boot and gets a another GM job lest see how he does without having the Big 3 to build around.

jerry west has done squat with luxcury tax

rc has

m33p0
08-24-2008, 07:09 AM
i blame this on the brain drain spurs FO had suffered in recent years rather than on RC himself. its not like they didn't do anything or tried something this off-season. had they been able to snag magette, this poll would not have existed.

anakha
08-24-2008, 07:23 AM

You must be rascal's foul-mouthed younger brother. :lol

anakha
08-24-2008, 07:24 AM
had they been able to snag magette, this poll would not have existed.

A-fucking-men.

TDMVPDPOY
08-24-2008, 08:59 AM
all our past draft picks and scouting has loss creditbility, expecially not being able to sign any of the players we been farmin in euro

Dramon
08-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Take a quick gander at the accomplishments of a few of your former colleagues (i.e. Danny Ferry, Steve Kerr, Sam Presti, even Rod Higgins...former Spur) or the others who have made impactful decisions during the few last offseasons and deadline moves that stun the league-McHale, Pritchard, and Daryl Morey have made the moves that could potentially put them over the top. McHale did it. He won. You didn't...WE didn't.

It hurts to say it, but conservativism only wins presidential elections, not NBA championships anymore.

Steve Kerr traded Marion for Shaq and undermined D'Antoni's and his offense the year it might have had a chance.

McHale improved the Twolves from where they were before but they're still nowhere near the Spurs are and aren't even close to ever becoming a playoff contender.

And Danny Ferry? Cmon, you guys think Matt Bonner's contract is bad? Danny Ferry signed Larry Hughes to an even more ridiculous contract, Larry Freakin Hughes.

Seriously, do you guys even keep up with the NBA at all? Is this a Troll? With a busted big 3 we still made it to the WCF. And we placed decently within the Western conference even though we had several stretches where every single one of our big 3 went down with an injury at one point, inarguably hurting us during the regular season.

century
08-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Buford needs to go. And Holt. They're both pieces of shit and losers.

spurs50_
08-24-2008, 04:33 PM
If Manu is limping during the playoffs it will be because he has to log big minutes because his backup sucks ass and this will be the F0's fault. This poll wouldn't be here if Scola was given away to, of all teams, the rockets. The Rockets are loaded this coming year, but we have a hell of a gameplan for the summer of 2010. Look at Beno, he's kicking ass in Sacramento because Pop couldn't keep him out of the doghouse.

ChumpDumper
08-24-2008, 04:40 PM
This poll wouldn't be here if Scola was given away to, of all teams, the rockets.It's here pretty much every summer.

NewJerSpur
08-24-2008, 08:01 PM
LOL. Fucking Walton.

He has a crush on boris diaw btw.

FSZS6sRVWsk

:lol

Romanticism? What in God's name was Walton talking about?

Dramon
08-24-2008, 09:47 PM
If Manu is limping during the playoffs it will be because he has to log big minutes because his backup sucks ass and this will be the F0's fault. This poll wouldn't be here if Scola was given away to, of all teams, the rockets. The Rockets are loaded this coming year, but we have a hell of a gameplan for the summer of 2010. Look at Beno, he's kicking ass in Sacramento because Pop couldn't keep him out of the doghouse.

Manu has never logged big minutes. Last season he logged a career high 31 mpg which is still low. His career average is 27. Part of the reason he logged so many minutes too was TP and TD both went down with injuries during different times so he had to carry more load, both of which the FO had nothing to do with. Also, Brent Barry who the FO DIDNT resign went down for quite a few games with an injury as well.

Everyone acts like if Scola and Udrih still played for the Spurs they'd put up the numbers they do now, which, in reality is doubtful. Sacramento and the Rockets both have two totally different systems than the Spurs. Also Udrih needs big minutes to actually be productive, the second that Bibby came back last season and Udrih went back to being a reserve his numbers dropped substantially. No way if he was still in SA he'd be getting more than 20 mpg.

We got to the WCF last year so you could say our FO is better than all the teams we beat to get there and the team we lost to won because of the Pau Gasol gift which the LA FO can't really be credited for so basically we have one of the best if not THE best FO's even by last year's results.

For Spurs fans it really surprises me that a lot of you seem to know so little about not even basketball, but the NBA in general.

AC#21_TD ERA
08-25-2008, 12:08 AM
You must be rascal's foul-mouthed younger brother. :lol

You must be the Power Rangers new quote machine bitch. What are you a quote machine? Cant you come up with your own shit and stop quoting what other people have to say. Mind your fucking own business for once, who the fuck is talking to you? Go back and watch your heroes, you might miss out on an episode where they sign with the Spurs. :lmao

anakha
08-25-2008, 01:10 AM
You must be the Power Rangers new quote machine bitch. What are you a quote machine? Cant you come up with your own shit and stop quoting what other people have to say. Mind your fucking own business for once, who the fuck is talking to you? Go back and watch your heroes, you might miss out on an episode where they sign with the Spurs. :lmao

How utterly predictable.

When called out, all you can offer is avatar smack. :lol

kobyz
08-25-2008, 03:44 AM
R.C Buford in israel, he attend in isreal national team practice with is friend mony fanan