PDA

View Full Version : So is USC the National Champion?

Joe Chalupa
01-02-2004, 11:57 AM
Is the Sugar Bowl meaningless now that USC has beaten Michigan in the Rose Bowl?

Will USC be the people's champion while Oklahoma or LSU is the BCS champion?

I must admit USC impressed me yesterday but Michigan blew some excellent opportunities to win the game.

paxton94
01-03-2004, 02:01 AM
As an LSU fan, of course I don't think so. I had seen very little of either USC or Michigan before this game, and while I was impressed with USC, I'm not convinced they're better than either LSU or Oklahoma. I, like probably millions of people, would love to see USC play LSU (or Oklahoma, should OU win--hope not!). The fact remains that USC beat a two-loss team, while both LSU and OU will be facing the two remaining one-loss teams.

Although I hate the BCS and would prefer a playoff system, I don't agree human polls are somehow less biased and more accurate. What I'm curious about is how the media will spin Sunday's outcome: let's say LSU wins by four touchdowns, or God forbid vice versa. Would the argument be that USC played a tougher opponent because their win was closer (although it felt like Michigan lost by more than two touchdowns)? Or what if it's a tight, seesaw game? Will the argument be that USC would have blown either team out? I just think whatever happens, the media will find a way to discredit the Sugar Bowl winner, and should LSU win Sunday, it will frustrate me that there's no way to settle it on the field. If USC and LSU did meet and USC won, I would have no problem agreeing USC was better, but unfortunately we'll never know.

Longhorn E
01-03-2004, 09:56 AM
I feel that there should be another game between the two winners, U.S.C. & either ou or L.S.U., and that this game SHOULD be played on the weekend between the two conference championship games, in The N.F.L., on Saturday, or Sunday, January 24, 25, and this game SHOULD be played in the most unbiased location in the entire country ...
HONOLULU, HAWAI'I !!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/jump.gif http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/hump.gif

KoriEllis
01-04-2004, 04:42 AM
There should be a playoff game to determine the Champ. But since there won't be, then I say USC shouldn't be National Champion.

Why, you ask?

Because I went to UCLA.

:spin

SlayerMin
01-05-2004, 01:33 AM
TROJANS are the best College Team I have seen in a long time. I thought OU was all that until they got pummelled by KSTATE.

No way should OU be in the BCS Title game after they layed that egg.