PDA

View Full Version : NBC: It's Biden!

Nbadan
08-23-2008, 12:35 AM
The Obama camp has yet to confirm that Biden is his VP pick, but NBC is running with it on their website..

NBC: Obama chooses Biden as running mate
Foreign Relations Committee chairman has globe-trotting credentials

WASHINGTON - Delaware Senator Joe Biden is Barack Obama's choice to be his vice presidential running mate, NBC News has confirmed.

Biden, who has served in the Senate since being elected at the age of 29, is the chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee and will add his foreign policy expertise to the Democratic ticket.

In recent years, he has traveled to Afghanistan and Pakistan two times and to Iraq eight times. He returned Monday from a fact-finding trip to Georgia.

MSNBC (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26010055)

Of Course, speculation like this has been wrong before, so let's not make it 'official' till we hear from the Obama camp later today...

Nbadan
08-23-2008, 12:40 AM
We need to keep the M$M honest given their record for 'editing' predictions like this...

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee228/Lex_at_DU/biden.jpg

Nbadan
08-23-2008, 01:03 AM
CBS News is now reporting...

http://img26.picoodle.com/data/img26/3/8/22/f_cbsm_c790a47.jpg

Nbadan
08-23-2008, 01:03 AM
CNN is now reporting...

http://img26.picoodle.com/data/img26/3/8/22/f_cnnm_c0f82ed.jpg

Nbadan
08-23-2008, 01:04 AM
FAUX News is now reporting...

http://img26.picoodle.com/data/img26/3/8/22/f_foxm_4aa5ddb.jpg

Nbadan
08-23-2008, 01:04 AM
and the AP is reporting..

http://img37.picoodle.com/data/img37/3/8/22/f_apm_ffe3cd2.jpg

Nbadan
08-23-2008, 01:07 AM
ABC News is reporting..

http://img32.picoodle.com/data/img32/3/8/22/f_abcm_5b050cb.jpg

Mr. Peabody
08-23-2008, 01:08 AM
I'll give you some company on this thread.

I like the pick.

There were others that I preferred to Biden, like Clark, Clinton, or Kerry; however, I liked Biden much more than the two that got the most run (Bayh and Kaine).

He's intelligent, experienced, and will be a good attack dog.

We'll see whether the Clinton supporter holdouts come around or continue their hissy fits.

Nbadan
08-23-2008, 01:16 AM
I'm kinda mixed on this pick....I like that Biden gives the Obama camp some much needed teeth but Biden is a big credit card guy, hell, he even lives in Wilmington, the home of credit card surcharges....still he does bring a lot of foreign policy experience to the table, but I'm not so sure that he quite fits into Obama's 'change' campaign.....I suppose the wing-nut media is gonna attack any Obama pick, so it's better to pick someone who is capable of defending himself, albeit in a long-winded manner sometimes...

Nbadan
08-23-2008, 01:22 AM
First reaction from the McCain camp:

From MSNBC: The McCain camp was quick to react. "There has been no harsher critic of Barack Obama's lack of experience than Joe Biden. Biden has denounced Barack Obama's poor foreign policy judgment and has strongly argued in his own words what Americans are quickly realizing - that Barack Obama is not ready to be president," McCain spokesman Ben Porritt said early Saturday morning.

MSNBC (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26010055/)

Nbadan
08-23-2008, 01:51 AM
Well, it's officially official now...from the Obama official site...

https://donate.barackobama.com/page/smartproxy/www.barackobama.com/images/vp/splash_slp_biden.jpg

Holt's Cat
08-23-2008, 01:52 AM
ROFL. What a fucking boring inside the beltway non-change pick.

T Park
08-23-2008, 01:56 AM
Will he plagerize his acceptance speech tommarow?

Mr. Peabody
08-23-2008, 01:58 AM
Well, it's officially official now...from the Obama official site...

https://donate.barackobama.com/page/smartproxy/www.barackobama.com/images/vp/splash_slp_biden.jpg

How do you access this page? I am on the website and can't find it.

Holt's Cat
08-23-2008, 01:58 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/cooter_article_large2.article_large.jpg

Cooter approves.

Nbadan
08-23-2008, 01:59 AM
How do you access this page? I am on the website and can't find it.

Just google Obama 4 prez

whottt
08-23-2008, 02:10 AM
Horrible pick...outside of John Kerry or Ted Kennedy, the worst choice he could have made. Huge negative to me...

WTF is it with all the shitty candidates in the parties these days.

ChumpDumper
08-23-2008, 02:17 AM
Better choice for state, but whatever.

JoeChalupa
08-23-2008, 02:26 AM
Biden was my choice too but look for the GOP to use every single comment Biden as made about Barack to be used against him. His comments about Barack's readiness will be used.
Let the games begin round two.

ggoose25
08-23-2008, 02:39 AM
Not too thrilled with this choice. In 2004, I wanted Biden as the nominee, but he does not complement Obama very well. He could be president if anything happens to Obama, but I was hoping for a bipartisanesque ticket selection ala Chet Edwards or Chuck Hagel... oh well

Mr. Peabody
08-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Not too thrilled with this choice. In 2004, I wanted Biden as the nominee, but he does not complement Obama very well. He could be president if anything happens to Obama, but I was hoping for a bipartisanesque ticket selection ala Chet Edwards or Chuck Hagel... oh well

Yeah, I thought about that possibility but Obama is having trouble shoring up the base and a bipartisan pick doesn't help that. Biden is well-known in Democratic circles.

TheProfessor
08-23-2008, 08:53 AM
Biden was my choice too but look for the GOP to use every single comment Biden as made about Barack to be used against him. His comments about Barack's readiness will be used.
Let the games begin round two.
That could potentially be a very foolish tactic if McCain does select Romney, considering their skirmishes.

There are a lot of positives to Biden - doesn't live in Washington, hasn't gotten rich off being a Senator by consorting with lobbyists, blue collar background, Pennsylvania-born. He has made gaffes, but he's also run off some zingers, like his "all Guiliani needs is a noun, a verb, and 9/11" schtick. And of course the foreign policy experience. An excellent attack dog who will help Obama govern, not simply stand around.

Mr. Peabody
08-23-2008, 10:28 AM
According to polls, Biden adds the most to the Democratic ticket.

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,408182,00.html

When presented with a trio of potential vice presidential choices for each candidate, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney delivered the most positive boost to a ticket—inducing fully 28 percent to say they would be “much more likely” to vote for McCain if Romney were on-board. Delaware Senator Joe Biden was the next most helpful running mate—with 27 percent of voters saying his presence would make them “much more likely” to vote for Obama.

Not far behind were Connecticut Senator Joe Lieberman and Indiana Senator Evan Bayh who each moved 20 percent of voters to a much greater likelihood of voting for the candidate at the top of their respective tickets. Former Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge was the next most effective vice-presidential option (18 percent “much more likely” to vote for McCain), followed by Virginia Governor Tim Kaine (17 percent “much more likely” to vote for Obama).

Among the critical “swing” constituency of independent voters, Biden packs the biggest punch for the Democratic ticket (23 percent “much more likely” to vote for Obama), while Romney has the best impact for the Republican ticket (20 percent “much more likely” to vote for McCain).

T Park
08-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Very Clintonesque.

Go with which way the polls tell you.

ggoose25
08-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Ok, really, what makes Joe Biden have so much foreign policy experience?

I hate to be the devil's advocate, but what are his qualifications? Being Chairman of the FRC? He doesn't get mixed up between Sunni and Shia?

I'm just not sold yet...

Mr. Peabody
08-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Very Clintonesque.

Go with which way the polls tell you.

The Clintons were the only politicians to use polls? That's news to me.

Mr. Peabody
08-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Ok, really, what makes Joe Biden have so much foreign policy experience?

I hate to be the devil's advocate, but what are his qualifications? Being Chairman of the FRC? He doesn't get mixed up between Sunni and Shia?

I'm just not sold yet...

He's been the highest ranking Democrat on the Foreign Relations Committee for the last eleven years and has chaired the committee on several occasions. He's widely considered to be the Senate's top Democratic foreign policy expert.

Biden has served several terms as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, which he heads now, and has substantial contacts with world leaders. Just last weekend, he accepted an invitation from Georgian leader Mikhail Saakashvili to visit the former Soviet republic during its tense standoff with Russia.

T Park
08-23-2008, 02:13 PM
The Clintons were the only politicians to use polls? That's news to me.

But Obama is bringing change!

Mr. Peabody
08-23-2008, 02:18 PM
But Obama is bringing change!

Ha. Yeah. Obviously, you have to get elected first. That always seems to get in the way of any "reformer" candidate.

Gino
08-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Biden is a pretty lousy pick if you ask me.That smart move would have been to pick Clinton.

SnakeBoy
08-23-2008, 02:33 PM
The guy who voted for the war, argued for the war, then declared the war lost,opposed the surge, and argued that the best hope was to divide Iraq up into three seperate countries.

I heard Rush the other day praying that it would be Biden.

Gino
08-23-2008, 02:35 PM
The guy who voted for the war, argued for the war, then declared the war lost,opposed the surge, and argued that the best hope was to divide Iraq up into three seperate countries.

A lot of voters have doubts that Obama knows what he's doing. Having Hillary Clinton as the VP would have erased all those doubts.

STUPID, STUPID move by Obama. Picking HIllary would have angered up the right wing base, but would have also probably locked down most independents.

Mr. Peabody
08-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Biden is a pretty lousy pick if you ask me.That smart move would have been to pick Clinton.

I think Clinton would may brought more votes and some unity to the ticket, but she spent the last four months of the primary slamming Obama and handled her exit from the primary poorly.

clambake
08-23-2008, 02:42 PM
yeah, because paying iraqis not to kill us is a resounding victory.

Mr. Peabody
08-23-2008, 02:43 PM
A lot of voters have doubts that Obama knows what he's doing. Having Hillary Clinton as the VP would have erased all those doubts.

STUPID, STUPID move by Obama. Picking HIllary would have angered up the right wing base, but would have also probably locked down most independents.

I don't know that Hillary locked up independents. Polls show Biden does better with independents than Hillary. Plus, the Obama campaign would have to worry about Bill's post-presidential activities. That may have been a Pandora's box.

Gino
08-23-2008, 02:43 PM
I think Clinton would may brought more votes and some unity to the ticket, but she spent the last four months of the primary slamming Obama and handled her exit from the primary poorly.

Thats the name of the game. Obama is seriously hurting his own chances by trying to "punish" Hillary for the way she behaved in the primaries.

Mr. Peabody
08-23-2008, 02:44 PM

Hell, if you don't think Rush was praying for Hillary to be on the ticket, you are deluded. The Clinton administration made Rush Limbaugh. Bill and Hill being back at the top would be a gold mine for talk radio.

Mr. Peabody
08-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Thats the name of the game. Obama is seriously hurting his own chances by trying to "punish" Hillary for the way she behaved in the primaries.

I don't think it's an issue of punishing her. It's an issue of not rewarding her for mishandling her exit and fracturing the party. Plus, I think a larger issue is the baggage that Hill and Bill brought to the ticket.

The Obama campaign would have to constantly worry that at any given moment a story would break about Bill that would bring down the campaign (see John Edwards).

Mr. Peabody
08-23-2008, 03:08 PM

Another poll that appears to disprove that assertion -

Democrats

Candidate Fav-Unfav
Clinton 77-22 (+55)
Biden 65-17 (+48)
Bayh 45-25 (+20)
Sebelius 35-19 (+16)
Kaine 35-29 (+6)

Clinton has the highest favorables and highest net score among Democrats; Biden has the fewest unfavorables. Generally speaking, Clinton and Biden blow the other three candidates out of the water.

Indepedents

Candidate Fav-Unfav
Biden 42-29 (+13)
Bayh 31-21 (+10)
Kaine 24-23 (+1)
Sebelius 18-21 (-3)
Clinton 39-57 (-18)

MannyIsGod
08-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Biden is good people. One of only 10 senators to vote against UIGEA when it was a stand alone bill. It passed 90-10 and he was one of the 10. In this election, that is enough for me to like you.

possessed
08-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Finally, someone with a bad enough comb-over to rival McCain's.

Mr. Peabody
08-23-2008, 05:57 PM
At least Biden will make it interesting....

SOtO6DvH1O8

If he continues to use the term "bullshit" during interviews, Obama will win in a landslide!

T Park
08-23-2008, 06:10 PM

:lol

Mr. Peabody
08-23-2008, 06:15 PM

Well, the issue isn't so much the comb-over as it is the plugs. Biden needs to get some repair work done on his hairline.

T Park
08-23-2008, 07:24 PM
I've been reading articles about him all day.

Is it true that he is an atheist? Im finding quotes about him saying in reference to intelligent design "The majority of the people don't believe that malarky do they?"

GuerillaBlack
08-23-2008, 07:49 PM

Is it true that he is an atheist? Im finding quotes about him saying in reference to intelligent design "The majority of the people don't believe that malarky do they?"

He's Catholic.

Mr. Peabody
08-23-2008, 07:51 PM

I think the quote was in response to a discussion about creationism/intelligent design. I don't know that not believing in such concepts necessarily makes you an atheist. Besides, he's been reported to be a Catholic.

Mr. Peabody
08-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Biden going after opponents during the primary debates.

FpPR4VPt47I

At least, he'll make the vice-presidential debate fun.

FromWayDowntown
08-23-2008, 08:29 PM
So if McCain selects Romney as a running mate, will TPark decry the choice as Clinton-esque, given the previously cited polling data? Or will McCain be simply making a pragmatic choice?

Cant_Be_Faded
08-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Will he plagerize his acceptance speech tommarow?

Jesus christ tpark you are the epitome of what is wrong with this fucking country

oo0o0oo0o0o0o did you have to google really hard to think of that cutdown? Did your dad hand you the book of "Irrelevant political insults and how to rally your fellow neocon around them" before handing you the keys to the circus kingdom?

You make me want to commit acts of terror

whottt
08-24-2008, 01:35 AM
yeah, because paying iraqis not to kill us is a resounding victory.

You can fit more than 2 words on a bumper sticker...you can fit ^^^ that many words on a bumper sticker...easily.

dg7md
08-24-2008, 05:42 AM

Jefferson was mighty close to being an atheist, if not truly one; so truly religion is a moot point in the world of real life management.

Biden will bring a lot to Obama's campaign and I feel safe about this pick.

clambake
08-24-2008, 10:34 AM
You can fit more than 2 words on a bumper sticker...you can fit ^^^ that many words on a bumper sticker...easily.

:lol you finally learned the correct spelling of bumper sticker.

thats a good boy!

Anti.Hero
08-25-2008, 10:59 AM
lol @ choosing the same guy who bashed you earlier.

hater
08-25-2008, 11:04 AM
Obama Bi den

Osama Binladen

fuckin weird

Anti.Hero
08-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Obama Bi den

Osama Binladen

fuckin weird

lol WTF

I don't care who you are, that shit is funny and a little creepy!

N LA.

Something is going down in L.A. or Louisiana in the next 4 yearss!!!!

JoeChalupa
08-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Brahahahahaha!!!! :lmao

Wild Cobra
08-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Obama Bi den

Osama Binladen

fuckin weird
Wow...

That is scary...

Twilight Zone scary!

angel_luv
08-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Obama Bi den

Osama Binladen

weird

I was just looking at yahoo news and thought the exact same thing.

Because of Osama Bin Laden, it is hard to see the names Obama/ Biden side by side and expect good things to come of it.

101A
08-25-2008, 11:25 AM
The change election.

THREE U.S. Senators on board.

We are one fucking duped bunch of fucking fucks aren't we?

JoeChalupa
08-25-2008, 11:28 AM
I don't think so. Not at all.

hater
08-25-2008, 02:00 PM
lol WTF

I don't care who you are, that shit is funny and a little creepy!

N LA.

Something is going down in L.A. or Louisiana in the next 4 yearss!!!!

you forgot the S in oSama. SNLA ? then you have the B which should not be there. so you turn that "b" 180 degrees and you have a "p'.

PSNLA rearanged = "PLANS"

also SNLA rearaged = SLAN sounds like ISLAM

"Plans for Islam" ????

:wow :wow

JoeChalupa
08-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Brahahahahaha!!!! :lmao

Anti.Hero
08-25-2008, 02:07 PM
you forgot the S in oSama. SNLA ? then you have the B which should not be there. so you turn that "b" 180 degrees and you have a "p'.

PSNLA rearanged = "PLANS"

also SNLA rearaged = SLAN sounds like ISLAM

"Plans for Islam" ????

:wow :wow

We are onto something. Get Galileo and Dan on the phone ASAP.

smeagol
08-25-2008, 02:21 PM

We are onto something. Get Galileo and Dan on the phone ASAP.

Nah . . . they are more into the right-wing kinda conspiracies . . .

xrayzebra
08-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Nah . . . they are more into the right-wing kinda conspiracies . . .

Hey when are you and the family coming back to the States?

Gino
08-29-2008, 12:20 PM
I'd say the Palin selection has generated just a little bit more buzz than ol' Biden. :lol

ChumpDumper
08-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Yep, because it was a safe choice. Republicans would have gone apeshit had Obama chosen an inexperienced woman as a running mate.

T Park
08-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Yep, because it was a safe choice. Republicans would have gone apeshit had Obama chosen an inexperienced woman as a running mate.

Not at all.

Its easy to go apeshit over Obama who claimed to be against current Washington and picks a guy whos been in there since Nixon was elected.

Booharv
08-29-2008, 12:40 PM
I sure as shit hope that dude is an atheist. We definitely would be better off if we had a lot more of them in office.

JoeChalupa
08-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Not at all.

Its easy to go apeshit over Obama who claimed to be against current Washington and picks a guy whos been in there since Nixon was elected.

That is a valid point but it doesn't mean Biden is a bad pick for VP. And while yes, one could make an argument against Barack's experience, Joe Biden's foreign experience is second to none and Palin cannot even compare in that respect.

whottt
08-29-2008, 12:50 PM
That is a valid point but it doesn't mean Biden is a bad pick for VP. And while yes, one could make an argument against Barack's experience, Joe Biden's foreign experience is second to none and Palin cannot even compare in that respect.

If Biden was someone people wanted to see elected he'd have done more than finish like...dead last in every election since 88.

Gino
08-29-2008, 12:52 PM

What foreign policy experience?

He was against Regean's fight against the communist.

He voted against Desert Storm.

He voted FOR the war in Iraq.

He was very much against he successful "surge".

Basically, Obama should just do the exact opposite of what Biden suggests.

T Park
08-29-2008, 12:54 PM

Hey I'm not the one that for months thats been talking about old washington politics. Hes the one thats against it, yet he picks someone like that.

T Park
08-29-2008, 12:55 PM
What foreign policy experience?

He was against Regean's fight against the communist.

He voted against Desert Storm.

He voted FOR the war in Iraq.

He was very much against he successful "surge".

Basically, Obama should just do the exact opposite of what Biden suggests.

I could see the cabinet meeting

Barack : Well I don't know everyone is for it Joe, what do you think?

Biden: IM AGAINST IT DAMNT!!

Barack: Alright thats great, alright I'm for it

ChumpDumper
08-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Not at all.

Its easy to go apeshit over Obama who claimed to be against current Washington and picks a guy whos been in there since Nixon was elected.So Obama should have picked an inexperienced woman and Republicans would have approved. :rolleyes

JoeChalupa
08-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Hey I'm not the one that for months thats been talking about old washington politics. Hes the one thats against it, yet he picks someone like that.

Biden is a good choice and he's more down to earth than most people in Washington, like McCain for instance.

Mr. Peabody
08-29-2008, 05:18 PM

I could see the cabinet meeting

Barack : Well I don't know everyone is for it Joe, what do you think?

Biden: IM AGAINST IT DAMNT!!

Barack: Alright thats great, alright I'm for it

I could see McCain's cabinet meeting.

McCain: Sarah, what should we do about Iraq?

Sara:
I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq." - Sarah Palin, March 1st, 2007

:lmao

Great pick.

Mr. Body
08-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Damn, she really doesn't know shit about foreign policy, does she? No doubt the moderators will tailor the Veep debate away from helping Biden. That one's going to be fascinating - the tone he strikes will be important.

Ignignokt
08-29-2008, 05:32 PM
I could see McCain's cabinet meeting.

McCain: Sarah, what should we do about Iraq?

Sara:

:lmao

Great pick.

i think Obama's cabinet meeting would be alot funnier. 57 states!!!

Ignignokt
08-29-2008, 05:34 PM
Damn, she really doesn't know shit about foreign policy, does she? No doubt the moderators will tailor the Veep debate away from helping Biden. That one's going to be fascinating - the tone he strikes will be important.

neither does obama... he proposed to have the UN security council condemn russia not knowing that Russia holds veto power..:lol:lol

don't give yourself more rope to hang yourself with.

Mr. Peabody
08-29-2008, 05:36 PM
i think Obama's cabinet meeting would be alot funnier. 57 states!!!

Sorry, two of your colleagues already played the "57 states" card today. You'll have to wait until tomorrow to use it again.