PDA

View Full Version : []_Who has the thickest head in this forum?_[]

Jame Gumb
08-23-2008, 01:23 AM
What person in this forum you have the most problems with to see your point?
no matter how you try,no matter how many links you post they have their head in the sand.

Who do you think has the thickest head in this forum?

Nbadan
08-23-2008, 01:29 AM
Most people get their political leanings the same place they get their religious leaning - from home....they may tend to swing one way or another for awhile, but a majority of the time they swing back to the party affiliation that their family supported....so I guess the question to your answer is everyone - sometimes...

sabar
08-23-2008, 01:31 AM
Everyone. There's probably like 3 people here max that have changed their view on something because of a debate.

Nbadan
08-23-2008, 01:39 AM
You obviously haven't been reading this forum long....back in the day I used to generate tons of hate mail to Kori and Tim.....now, Bush bashing is rather par-4-course....

Mr. Peabody
08-23-2008, 01:09 PM
You obviously haven't been reading this forum long....back in the day I used to generate tons of hate mail to Kori and Tim.....now, Bush bashing is rather par-4-course....

Well, it was only 5 years ago that Bush has approval ratings in the 60' and 70's. Now they're in the 20's and 30's.

Anti.Hero
08-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Well, it was only 5 years ago that Bush has approval ratings in the 60' and 70's. Now they're in the 20's and 30's.

Stop bragging DUBYA!

JoeChalupa
08-25-2008, 11:25 AM
I have a fair and balanced view on all the issues. Then I decide on what I feel is right.

FromWayDowntown
08-25-2008, 11:26 AM
I can only speak for myself, but without Dan's guidance, I'd be an unabashed Bush supporter who listened only to Rush and Hannity and saw no other reasonable choice but to vote Republican. Now, thanks to Dan's program of incessant questioning of the right-wing media, my poor, feeble mind -- previously incapable of reaching principled positions for itself -- has found principle by proxy. [/bluetext]

P.S. -- It might just be that the reason that there is more Bush bashing here is that increases in membership have brought more outspoken posters who disagree with this Administration. Despite the foregoing, I'm not believe that Dan is the causative force in the shift of the putative majority on SpursTalk.

JoeChalupa
08-25-2008, 11:31 AM
I've always listened to the right-wing conservative talk shows so I could get a feel of how they think and feel. I've been a registered democrat from day one and yes it is due to my being raised in a staunch democratic family and the son of migrant workers who worked their way up in the traditional American way. But I've always looked at other views and my father and I have had some pretty intense conversations regarding immigration and unions. I've voted for plenty of republicans in my time.

FromWayDowntown
08-25-2008, 11:36 AM
I'd be interested to hear others' views, but my sense is that people tend to become fairly intractable, politically, somewhere around their mid-20's. I don't have too many friends who have had sudden changes (or even really subtle changes) after that point. I think family has a lot to do with political viewpoints, but I also think that life experiences tend to make a huge difference as well. I would think that my political views aren't necessarily representative of those of my immediate family or, especially, my extended family.

johnsmith
08-25-2008, 12:25 PM

:lmao:lmao

I love how you are implying that it has something to do with you.

No one wears the douche bag hat as proud as you do Dan.

JoeChalupa
08-25-2008, 01:51 PM
I remember the days when some complained about posting political views and thus the political forum was created.

hater
08-25-2008, 02:11 PM
definitely the rednecks and their fellow sell-outs that still support Bush :lol

smeagol
08-25-2008, 02:24 PM
smegmal

I guess the friendship did not last . . .:depressed

Mr. Peabody
08-25-2008, 02:31 PM
I can only speak for myself, but without Dan's guidance, I'd be an unabashed Bush supporter who listened only to Rush and Hannity and saw no other reasonable choice but to vote Republican. Now, thanks to Dan's program of incessant questioning of the right-wing media, my poor, feeble mind -- previously incapable of reaching principled positions for itself -- has found principle by proxy. [/bluetext]

P.S. -- It might just be that the reason that there is more Bush bashing here is that increases in membership have brought more outspoken posters who disagree with this Administration. Despite the foregoing, I'm not believe that Dan is the causative force in the shift of the putative majority on SpursTalk.

:lmao
My secretary was staring at me because I was laughing as I read this post.

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 02:44 PM
white liberal more often than not equals person of privelage ravaged with guilt or stuckup son of a gun.

xrayzebra
08-25-2008, 02:45 PM
I remember the days when some complained about posting political views and thus the political forum was created.

I don't remember that Joe. In the real "olden" days, the days of the
rejects, we used to have some really lively discussion on Clinton. Me and
Coastal Kid, a stanch dimm-o-crap, sleepydragon, old whats his face,
Mongo, one of Kori's favorite people........just kiddin......

But anyhow Kori and Tim, bless them, started this site.....

JoeChalupa
08-25-2008, 03:21 PM
I don't remember that Joe. In the real "olden" days, the days of the
rejects, we used to have some really lively discussion on Clinton. Me and
Coastal Kid, a stanch dimm-o-crap, sleepydragon, old whats his face,
Mongo, one of Kori's favorite people........just kiddin......

But anyhow Kori and Tim, bless them, started this site.....

I remember posting a comment and got plenty of "keep your political views out of this" comments and I beleive it was NBADan that asked for a separate political forum. I don't remember those names you mentioned so that must have been before my time.

ChumpDumper
08-25-2008, 03:36 PM
My secretaryElitist.

DarrinS
08-25-2008, 04:02 PM
I would have to say our resident twoofers, Nbadan and Galileo.

But then again, it's unfair to have a battle of wits with them because they are unarmed.

ChumpDumper
08-25-2008, 04:07 PM
You can always tell when you've gotten to those two since they scramble to try and change the subject.

xtremesteven33
08-25-2008, 05:42 PM
im a 9/11 truther and have had many debates. i just honestly dont have much time to message back and forth on the computer for hours.

but id be more than willing to debate face to face. i do almost everyday.

ChumpDumper
08-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Well, you make over 9 posts here a day.

You can go ahead and present your comprehensive 9/11 theory in the appropriate thread I provided:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65214

Then it can be debated at any pace you wish.

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Elitist.

more like ass kisser

DarkReign
08-25-2008, 07:08 PM
more like ass kisser

...says the Al Capone avatar...

Nbadan
08-25-2008, 07:31 PM

While that maybe true, before this forum it was near heresy to badmouth the GOP in Texas. What generated all the complaints to Kori and Tim in 'the olden days' wasn't what I was writing about the resident idiot in chief, that was all true or I never would have lasted, but that I had the gull, the sheer audacity to badmouth the GOP in red Texas....I don't claim to be the driving force toward any ideological change in this forum or anywhere else, but claiming that this forum hasn't given people the opportunity and the capacity to voice their free opinions without being overwhelmed by forum group-think is just plain ignorant.

Nbadan
08-25-2008, 07:33 PM

But then again, it's unfair to have a battle of wits with them because they are unarmed.

I think we have a winner...in fact, I'm almost convinced that one day Darrin crawled out of one of Chumpy's dark crevices....

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 07:42 PM
...says the Al Capone avatar...

:sleep, only a gay man wouldn't know my avatar.

johnsmith
08-26-2008, 07:46 AM
While that maybe true, before this forum it was near heresy to badmouth the GOP in Texas. What generated all the complaints to Kori and Tim in 'the olden days' wasn't what I was writing about the resident idiot in chief, that was all true or I never would have lasted, but that I had the gull, the sheer audacity to badmouth the GOP in red Texas....I don't claim to be the driving force toward any ideological change in this forum or anywhere else, but claiming that this forum hasn't given people the opportunity and the capacity to voice their free opinions without being overwhelmed by forum group-think is just plain ignorant.

:lmao

Yes Dan, when I think of you I think, Courage. How could someone have the courage to bad mouth the GOP of Texas while anonymously sitting behind his computer and chatting on a message board that is dedicated to an NBA franchise. You're a true hero.

You're a delusional idiot.............and a loser..........

FromWayDowntown
08-26-2008, 09:04 AM
but claiming that this forum hasn't given people the opportunity and the capacity to voice their free opinions without being overwhelmed by forum group-think is just plain ignorant.

Or claiming that this forum has changed political discourse -- that people are so fragile that they won't post their real beliefs on the internet for fear of reprisal (really, what reprisal is there on the internet?) unless there's a friendly forum in which to post -- is just plain self-aggrandizing.

Certainly, I can only speak for myself, but there's never been one time that the fact of living in Red, GOP Texas has ever stopped me from expressing my honest political views, regardless of the side of the debate I'm supporting.

What's even more curious about your "I've made the difference" assertion, though, is that I'd bet that a significant percentage of those who post in this forum don't live in Texas.

Ultimately, I still think that the difference from 2004 to 2008 is the increase in membership and the diversity of viewpoints that increase brings. Here's a for instance: looking down the list of those with the most posts on this site, I checked and saw that CBF joined in March of 2005 and is member number 1216. Since that time, membership has increased ten-fold to 12,837 screen names. Now, I'll grant that a significant number of those are trolls, but even if fully half of the new members are trolls for existing posters, that means that membership to SpursTalk has increased five times over since early 2005. It's not as if that sort of increase, on a site dedicated largely to the posting of opinion, won't bring with it a significant number of opinionated individuals who choose to talk about politics.

101A
08-26-2008, 09:44 AM
I'd be interested to hear others' views, but my sense is that people tend to become fairly intractable, politically, somewhere around their mid-20's. I don't have too many friends who have had sudden changes (or even really subtle changes) after that point. I think family has a lot to do with political viewpoints, but I also think that life experiences tend to make a huge difference as well. I would think that my political views aren't necessarily representative of those of my immediate family or, especially, my extended family.

True for the most part.

Giving credit where it is due, however; Dark Reign is about the most open minded poster who hangs around.

DarkReign
08-26-2008, 12:55 PM
:sleep, only a gay man wouldn't know my avatar.

Yeah, whoops....I meant Tony Montana.

(cant believe I fucked that up)

DarkReign
08-26-2008, 01:06 PM
It's not as if that sort of increase, on a site dedicated largely to the posting of opinion, won't bring with it a significant number of opinionated individuals who choose to talk about politics.

Bam. Opinions increase in numbers when the number of available opinions increase. Who knew?

This is one of the more self-fellating posts I have ever seen. Especially the last sentence. As if somehow, youve been a beacon of light in a dark forum. That you have somehow shown the path of dissent to the oppressed.

Whilst it may be true you were/are vastly outnumbered (politically speaking)being a Texan, theres a fine line between objective dissension and dissent for dissent's sake.

A line you routinely cross. For all the lackluster non-news stories that get their own thread here based off some sound-byte or editorial partisan opinion article, youre solely responsible for over half of them.

For as much as you try (and fail...routinely) to come off as objective and informative, those that see your overall contribution tag you for the partisan hack you are.

At least gtown, boutons, xray, etc dont hide behind some air of objectivity. Theyre stated, blatant partisans. They dont pretend to be something they are not.

You on the other hand...

JoeChalupa
08-26-2008, 02:04 PM
That goes both ways...and then some.

fyatuk
08-26-2008, 02:12 PM

A girl I know was pretty much a complete communist up until around 30. Then she got engaged to a rich guy and suddenly became very pro-market, since free-market economics now benefitted her :lol

johnsmith
08-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Quick Dan, change the subject to 9/11 so as to avoid any further virtual bitch slapping that you are receiving in this thread.

Wild Cobra
08-26-2008, 03:16 PM

Yes, I agree. That's why I didn't say anything yet.

JoeChalupa
08-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Quick Dan, change the subject to 9/11 so as to avoid any further virtual bitch slapping that you are receiving in this thread.

I don't think Dan is worried about it. I wouldn't be. I'd just bitch slap your ass back.

johnsmith
08-26-2008, 03:42 PM
I don't think Dan is worried about it. I wouldn't be. I'd just bitch slap your ass back.

Let numb nuts speak for himself. And for the record, I said "virtual bitch slap".

Now go back to lying to all of us about how content you are with your life.

JoeChalupa
08-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Let numb nuts speak for himself. And for the record, I said "virtual bitch slap".

Now go back to lying to all of us about how content you are with your life.

I love my life. Now go back to bitching about how pathetic yours is.

johnsmith
08-26-2008, 03:48 PM
I love my life. We know dude, you lie to us about it fucking constantly.

Now go back to bitching about how pathetic yours is.

Link please.

JoeChalupa
08-26-2008, 03:51 PM
We know dude, you lie to us about it fucking constantly.

link please. I don't have to lie. I love my life and I'm sticking to it. Feel free to leave yours at your earliest convenience.

johnsmith
08-26-2008, 03:56 PM
I don't have to lie. I love my life and I'm sticking to it. .

Whatever you have to do to sleep at night.

Oh, Gee!!
08-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Who do you think has the thickest head in this forum?

tie between xray and wild cobra

JoeChalupa
08-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Whatever you have to do to sleep at night.

Close my eyes.

johnsmith
08-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Close my eyes.

Well played JoeChalupa..........................plus we have found common ground.

Nbadan
08-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Nice Joe....but just remember that winning a argument with JohnSmith is still like winning the Special Olympics...

johnsmith
08-27-2008, 07:38 AM
Nice Joe....but just remember that winning a argument with JohnSmith is still like winning the Special Olympics...

Man, you're also very original.

Not only have you won the hearts of minds of people all over the globe Dan, but you've also come up with a joke that was invented in the 1970's.

johnsmith
08-27-2008, 08:39 AM

By the way Dan, when was the last time you won an argument with anyone on this site? Last I checked, you routinely emberass yourself in the 9/11 threads and then everywhere else when someone disagrees with you, you just stop posting in that thread.

JoeChalupa
08-27-2008, 08:51 AM
Well played JoeChalupa..........................plus we have found common ground.

I'm awake and alive and kicking!!!

smeagol
08-27-2008, 09:15 AM
My vote goes to MFD. Unfortunately he stopped posting in right around 2003