PDA

View Full Version : Mom & Pop Stuff

MannyIsGod
02-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Post your favorite local places to shop or spend money at here. I like to see Mom and Pop stores, reasturants, and shops get business, and I try to spend more money locally than at large retailers, but maybe there is some good stuff out there I'm missing.

Nicavids - Kick ass deli/bakery on Fredricksburg and Callaghan. You pay a bit more than at Subway, but you sure as hell get what you pay for.

Carmens Pizza - It's on West a mile or 2 inside the loop, and they have buy one get one free specials as long as you pick it up. The pizza is DAMN good too.

Sisha Cafe - Good Middle Eastern food at cheap prices, but mainly you go here to hit the pipe.

Goro's Sushi - Vance Jackson and 410. Somenoe reccomended this in the asian food thread a while back, and it is AWESOME.

I know some electronic shops, but I can't think of the names. I'll find them and post them as well.

Shelly
02-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Have you ever had Main Street Pizza down by SAC? The BEST pizza!

MannyIsGod
02-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Have you ever had Main Street Pizza down by SAC? The BEST pizza!

Oh HELL YES. They also used to have a location near crossroads, but that's now called Third Coast Pizzaria (and they aren't bad either).

But yeah, I love Main Street.

Shelly
02-08-2005, 02:48 PM
I never tried the one by Crossroads.

My husband works down the street from MSP and occassionally will bring some home. Plus, their sizes are HUGE!.

Hmmm....that sounds good right now.

MannyIsGod
02-08-2005, 02:51 PM
Yeah, when I was working in Alamo Heights, I'd swing by there on the way into work and me and the guys would split one. I used to go with some buddies of mine before Spurs games as well. Their pasta and sandwiches aren't bad at all either.