PDA

View Full Version : Trading Manu---sequ squared!

lotr1trekkie
08-23-2008, 10:31 AM
First of all, you can't get maximum value for any injured player. You deal from strength not panic.
Second, Manu might not be the Best player in the league but he is absolutely the most unique! Manu can beat you with scoring, defense, passing, and shear will to win. Triple Plus he is not a head case like many of the starters on ther Redeem Team. I don't worship any athlete but I have to say that Manu is too special to get rid of until his retirement ceremony at the AT&T Center. For those posters too young to remember Jerry Sloan, Manu is exactly like Sloan internally--- except he has an artist's gift for the game and greater athleticism. Sloan has molded the Jazz in his own image all these years and would probably give up almost anything to coach Manu.
Finally, Manu may have to sit out half this season or get surgery and miss all of it but he is worth waiting for because the Spurs aren't getting LeBron, Wade or Bosh in 2010 unless those players are willing to SACRIFICE to play with Tim. Don't bet on it!

MiamiHeat
08-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Yup, this is true.

Basically, manu fucked the spurs in more ways than one.

In the future, the NBA and the United States teams will remember these types of incidents when signing foreign players.

If they want to come to the USA and make millions more than they can make anywhere else, if they want to play in the best league in the world, if they want to play in the most FAMOUS league in the world, then they will need to sign contract stipulations in the future.

Take it or go back to your shitty country or your italian league, bitches.

They will all fall in line, believe me. They all want to make millions and get famous playing in the NBA.

Manudona
08-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Trade Manu x T-Mac to finally make the Rockets contenders, why stopping at half the job giving away just Scola :rolleyes

DMX7
08-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Of course you don't trade Manu. Besides, his trade value is worth nothing right now. No one wants a guy making 10+ million who might not even play half a season and will probably never make it through another extended post-season without that chronic injury.

Tully365
08-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Yup, this is true.

In the future, the NBA and the United States teams will remember these types of incidents when signing foreign players.

If they want to come to the USA and make millions more than they can make anywhere else, if they want to play in the best league in the world, if they want to play in the most FAMOUS league in the world, then they will need to sign contract stipulations in the future.

They will all fall in line, believe me. They all want to make millions and get famous playing in the NBA.

You definitely have the most xenophobic posts in this forum. Take it back to your shitty country?

You know, it's actually possible to love your own country without being insulting about every other country. The founding fathers of this country were original thinkers because they incorporated the political philosophies of French, English, Romans, Greeks, and many others in a way that had never been attempted before. Maybe you've forgotten, but there are Americans playing in the Olympics, too-- not just foreigners.

Padron.spurs
08-23-2008, 07:10 PM
The boss named Pop said that manu shouldnt play this summer because the spurs pay his paycheck.Now he didnt listen to the boss.Now where got nobody worth playing this offseason and where going into the season with tony and tim and bowen.

Where fucked ,no where double fucked thanks manu.

mrspurs
08-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Manu's a quick healer. He'll be fine. If the Jazz are built in the image of Jerry Sloan, then pardon my interpretation. The Jazz are not Champions. Where are the Banners that say Championship? And I dont mean any disrepect to Jerry by that either. But Ill be honest, if I were a Jazz fan, i woulda been asking for Jerry to be fired many years ago. How Jerry hasnt gotten fired in my books is a miracle. Manu however, is a proven Champion.

DarkMaverick
08-23-2008, 07:49 PM

Im convinced after reading your post that you are absolutely a Moron and a Racist.

Dont even get started with me because I'll take you to school in this forum...try me.

sabar
08-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Yup, this is true.

lol no they wont. You think any club would pass up a player like manu because they want international play in their contract? It's basic statistics, the reward far far outweighs the tiny risk of injury. Of every single player in the olympics, how many have been injured to the point of affecting their play in the next year? 1-2%? You think a club won't take a 98% chance of everything going fine?

Banzai
08-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Manu will be a Spur until he retires. I just can't see Manu being traded.

Tully365
08-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Yup, this is true.

Your post makes no sense. D-Wade-- the guy in your own signature-- is playing in the olympics! Should he "fall in line" too? Or is he a great patriot for risking his health and possibly "fucking over" the Heat, especially since he missed many more games last season than Manu did?

diego
08-23-2008, 08:43 PM
miamiheat is actually pretty funny.

its illegal to make that contract stipulation, yet he insists like a two year old thinking because he posts it in a message board its going to happen.

plus, he's an expert on this subject.

he complains about manu's injury fucking the spurs, when by that logic, dwayne wade has fucked the Heat a million times over. how old is wade? 23? I actually worked this out. Wade has missed 26% of his possible career games, manu 12%. wade > manu, indeed.

Zo's illness fucked the heat pretty good too. what was it, 3 years paying his hospital bills and 105M contract? the Heat looked real good then too.

and dont forget mashburn, who played about 45 games a season as the 2nd highest paid player on the team.

i'm sick right now, so i'll be needing more comedy later. keep the hits coming miamiheat.

byrontx
08-23-2008, 08:50 PM
People like miami make it embarassing to be an American.

DarkMaverick
08-23-2008, 08:57 PM
MiamiHeat is a freaking retard to post something like that. I dare him to reply so I can take this sorry PoS to school.

lotr1trekkie
08-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Let's name every player in the NBA making more than Manu that you wouldn't trade him for heads up! I expect a long list experts.

Sissiborgo
08-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Of course you don't trade Manu. Besides, his trade value is worth nothing right now. No one wants a guy making 10+ million who might not even play half a season and will probably never make it through another extended post-season without that chronic injury.

That's right and stop complaining get over it we are the big three so live with it he can heal like everyone else stupit thread!...:rolleyes

exstatic
08-23-2008, 09:50 PM
I don't think they'll shop him around, but I think they will actually listen to offers now, and would pull the trigger on the right deal. I don't think they would have traded him for anyone but Kobe or LeBron before, but I think he's no longer untouchable.

To the Laker fan that said he would never be traded and would finish his career a Spur, HOF SG George Gervin was traded and didn't finish his career in SA. Never is a long time.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-23-2008, 09:51 PM
I don't think they'll shop him around, but I think they will actually listen to offers now, and would pull the trigger on the right deal. I don't think they would have traded him for anyone but Kobe or LeBron before, but I think he's no longer untouchable.

To the Laker fan that said he would never be traded and would finish his career a Spur, HOF SG George Gervin was traded and didn't finish his career in SA. Never is a long time.

:tu

Cherry
08-23-2008, 10:11 PM

Good luck with the trade!
:lobt::lobt::lobt:
(your FO will need it) :lmao

ducks
08-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Good luck with the trade! :lobt2:

what fo has done better the last decade
sonics and wolves were not going to help spurs get ray allen and kg

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Good luck with the trade! :lobt2:

exstatic owns the front office?

Cherry
08-23-2008, 10:24 PM
He will never be traded.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-23-2008, 10:25 PM
You never know.

Cherry
08-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Sometimes, some fans here make me wish that Manu plays for Miami, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston or any other place were nobody talks shit about what he likes to do in the summer.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-23-2008, 10:35 PM
They probably would if he was on their team.

Cherry
08-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Maybe. but after all that he is has done for this team for less money AND coming off the bench AND helping to win 3 titles, call him selfish and insult him for his injury and for represent his country is retarded. It make some people abusive.

LakerHater
08-23-2008, 10:45 PM

What are you talkin about?
They could make a WHOLE lot more playin over seas!!

Darthkiller
08-23-2008, 10:46 PM
They probably would if he was on their team.

:toast

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Maybe. but after all that he is has done for this team for less money AND coming off the bench AND helping to win 3 titles, call him selfish and insult him for his injury and for represent his country is retarded. It make some people abusive.

I agree. I do think that if the right trade comes along for Manu that they should pull the trigger, but I do agree with your points.

Sense
08-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Sometimes, some fans here make me wish that Manu plays for Miami, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston or any other place were nobody talks shit about what he likes to do in the summer.

lol I laughed at this post...

I'm sorry, but I agree with exstatic..

I don't believe Manu is no longer untouchable.... and you're delusional if you think that we are the only ones that would get mad at Manu for playing for his country... and getting injured...

even then not everyone feels this way..

you shouldn't generalize

SequSpur
08-23-2008, 11:47 PM
:lmao

2centsworth
08-24-2008, 09:51 AM
too late to trade Manu unless we're willing to get someone like Keon Dooling in return. Time to trade him was before the Olympics, but it would have taken balls to do so.

kuato
08-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Yup, this is true.

They will all fall in line, believe me. They all want to make millions and get famous playing in the NBA. ------> Then , no more good international players in the NBA, because Europe and Asia can show them the monney and the level and fame of that leagues is rising every year.

clubalien
08-24-2008, 06:41 PM
manu's injury just reinforces why the plan to sign wade or lebron in FA is needed

ShoogarBear
08-24-2008, 07:27 PM
:lmao

Dude, we need to get together for a beer this week.

Brutalis
08-24-2008, 07:32 PM
manu's injury just reinforces why the plan to sign wade or lebron in FA is needed

You think LeBron would come to the SA market?

ShoogarBear
08-24-2008, 07:36 PM
LeBron would only come as part of a package deal with Wade and Howard, all for MLE-level salaries.

DarkMaverick
08-25-2008, 08:38 AM
too late to trade Manu unless we're willing to get someone like Keon Dooling in return. Time to trade him was before the Olympics, but it would have taken balls to do so.

Keon Dooling??? An injured Manu plays better than a healthy Dooling :blah

Pero
08-25-2008, 08:40 AM
I don't get it, what's Sequ got to do with this?