PDA

View Full Version : Have we signed Hill or Hairston yet?

DROB4EVER
08-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Sorry to start a thread about this guys just wanted to know if anyone has heard whats going on? Any chance we are trying to convince him to sign overseas and he is reluctant to do so? Any chance we waive him. Has the FO decided this guy isnt the player they thought they drafted and or looking to dump him?

Spurs Brazil
08-23-2008, 02:42 PM
No,

It's strange Hill isn't signed yet

Kori Ellis
08-23-2008, 02:55 PM
No,

Yeah it's late in the summer to not have signed a first round pick if you are keeping them around.

wisnub
08-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Dont tell me Spurs pass on Chalmers and CDR just to let Hill waiting and suddenly signed someone else. Numbers and performance wise in Summer league, Chalmers kills Hill. And dont tell me Pop was excited to have Hill available on #26, he thought he's gone by that time...

wisnub
08-23-2008, 03:02 PM
or maybe Hill will follow others and sign up with European team :lol

I got nothing to say if that's happen...

lakehorn
08-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Wasted first round pick

Tully365
08-23-2008, 03:21 PM
I agree that it's strange. The Spurs are generally more mysterious and secretive than most teams... if they are trying to trade him, can they do that with a sign & trade? I thought there was a rule that you can't trade a draft pick for 30 days after he signs... in which case it would make sense to sign him as fast as possible... so, it seems like a trade would not be in the cards... hard to figure out. maybe they've verbally agreed since there aren't really many details to negotiate on a rookie contract and they're just waiting for him to return from Indianapolis and for camp to open to make it official.

rapliketp
08-23-2008, 03:24 PM
If he signs overseas isn't he somehow counted towards the team salary?

ChumpDumper
08-23-2008, 03:35 PM
I don't think it's strange. They are keeping their options open. If a nice trade comes up in which Hill can be a piece, it's easier to trade his rights now than his contract 30 days after being signed.

T Park
08-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Dont tell me Spurs pass on Chalmers and CDR just to let Hill waiting and suddenly signed someone else. Numbers and performance wise in Summer league, Chalmers kills Hill. And dont tell me Pop was excited to have Hill available on #26, he thought he's gone by that time...

Typical out of the ass no clue spurs talk pontificating.

It sure is getting old.

spurster
08-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Typical out of the ass no clue spurs talk pontificating.

It sure is getting old.

It should be getting old. It's a tradition that you continue.

DMX7
08-23-2008, 04:51 PM
It sure doesn't give my much confidence in Hill that Pargo was pursued when we should already have 3 point guards. (Hill, Parker, Vaughn)

kobyz
08-23-2008, 05:08 PM
maybe the spurs plan to send Hill to Europe

Tully365
08-23-2008, 05:08 PM
It sure doesn't give my much confidence in Hill that Pargo was pursued when we should already have 3 point guards. (Hill, Parker, Vaughn)

It was a good strategy regardless of what happens with Hill. Pargo was the last remaining unrestricted FA who could be relied upon to score points off the bench without breaking the bank. Plus, he's a combo guard like Mason, which would've meant more flexibility. I don't think it necessarily means the Spurs think Hill is a bust because a depth chart of Parker/Pargo/Hill/Vaughn represents an improvement over Parker/Hill/Vaughn, and Vaughn only has a year left on his contract so it would make sense to get a cheap replacement now that doesn't hurt the salary situation in '09 or '10.

DMX7
08-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Vaughn only has a year left on his contract so it would make sense to get a cheap replacement now that doesn't hurt the salary situation in '09 or '10.

Yeah, that's true but if they did that it would still leave 4 roster spots to point guards where Tony Parker is sure to get a ton of minutes and there really aren't that many minutes at SG either for combo players like Pargo (who I really don't agree is that much of a combo guard). Seeing as how Vaughn isn't going to the D-Leauge and Pargo and Parker would get minutes, I just don't see where Hill would fit in at all.

Tully365
08-23-2008, 06:46 PM
My post keeps getting hit with that "luck-the-fakers" thing-- Who's behind that?

T Park
08-23-2008, 06:55 PM

Tough talk from behind the computer.

mrspurs
08-23-2008, 07:30 PM

Well said :wow

Kori Ellis
08-23-2008, 09:07 PM
My post keeps getting hit with that "luck-the-fakers" thing-- Who's behind that?

You need to spell "Elliott" correctly, then it won't happen.

DMX7
08-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Tough talk from behind the computer.

The same could be said about you. Let's just all settle down here.

Sissiborgo
08-23-2008, 09:34 PM
No,

True we should sign him he's good...:)

Spurtacus
08-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Have we signed Gist yet?

Oh wait...duh!

DMX7
08-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Have we signed Gist yet?

Oh wait...duh!

:(

At least he was worth drafting. No way to have known he would get a nice offer from overseas. Maybe we can bring him back and he'll really be ready for the NBA.

DROB4EVER
08-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Yeah this is odd, I cant help but wonder if the FO is talking him into going to Europe for a couple of years to develop and bring him back with Splitter hopefully in 2010. I can understand the logic long term but to me we are wasting a golden opp by not going all out trying to win as many championships as we can with the big three.

All this giving away draft picks and sending players overseas, or never getting them to begain with is frustrating.

I have a feeling Malik will never be signed, just didnt look like a NBA player. He shows signs of potential then goes off the radar for 15 mins before you even realize hes still on the floor.

romad_20
08-24-2008, 12:01 AM
Yeah this is odd, I cant help but wonder if the FO is talking him into going to Europe for a couple of years to develop and bring him back with Splitter hopefully in 2010. I can understand the logic long term but to me we are wasting a golden opp by not going all out trying to win as many championships as we can with the big three.

All this giving away draft picks and sending players overseas, or never getting them to begain with is frustrating.

I have a feeling Malik will never be signed, just didnt look like a NBA player. He shows signs of potential then goes off the radar for 15 mins before you even realize hes still on the floor.

Why not. Let's just say fuck next year. Manu will be hurt, no Splitter, no Gist, no Scola, no Javtokis and we resigned Fin. wooohooo! :lobt:
here we come!

Spurtacus
08-24-2008, 12:05 AM
:(

At least he was worth drafting. No way to have known he would get a nice offer from overseas. Maybe we can bring him back and he'll really be ready for the NBA.

"maybe"

Mr. Body
08-24-2008, 12:43 AM
Dumbass pick. But they'll sign him and he'll be fine.

AFBlue
08-24-2008, 12:52 AM
D-League for both unless someone gets hurt....bad.

wisnub
08-24-2008, 05:05 AM
what the fuck are FO waiting for? Hopefully SA is working on some kindda trade and perhaps Hill can be the missing link....if FO try to press down the salary with waiting game then sorry to say that FO is fucking cheap. Or dont tell me f they still thinking if Hill is worthy enough or not to be in Spurs roster. Then why the fuck they pick him in the first place? Gosh, I thought Pop said they were excited to have Hill still available on #26....i guess mystery will always be part of FO moves....hopefully not another CIApop thing