PDA

View Full Version : Baylor Basketball

AFBlue
08-24-2008, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I know it's an odd time to come with a college basketball thread, but I just found out that the Baylor fucking Bears were poised to sign the Rivals #1 recruit, PG John Wall. WTF!?!?!

The Bears, who just a few years ago had a program in shambles because of some cowardly bastard named Dave Bliss are about to add a top 10 recruit in the nation and be legitimate contenders for March Madness...

WTF!?!? Pause and appreciate...

brettn
08-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Scott Drew's done wonders recruiting here at Baylor. March Madness last season, and most all of our key players are returning this upcoming season. It doesn't suprise me that he's able to pull in top recruits like this, especially with his "open" offensive system in which he's not afraid to let his guards jack up 3 point shot after 3 point shot. Not to mention the bears defense is non-existent at times.

All in all though, this is great news. We'll probably be a top 3 contender in the big 12 this upcoming season and hopefully land a 4-6 seed.

StylisticS
08-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Great recruiter. Not a good x's and o's coach.

j-6
08-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I know it's an odd time to come with a college basketball thread, but I just found out that the Baylor fucking Bears were poised to sign the Rivals #1 recruit, PG John Wall. WTF!?!?!

The Bears, who just a few years ago had a program in shambles because of some cowardly bastard named Dave Bliss are about to add a top 10 recruit in the nation and be legitimate contenders for March Madness...

WTF!?!? Pause and appreciate...

Drew hired Wall's AAU coach (and future agent) for a Baylor staff position. It's basically the same situation Michael Beasley had in Manhattan last year.

Blake
08-28-2008, 08:44 PM
he'll be one and done, but it's still a good coup for the Bears....

still a little shady, but good.....

Obstructed_View
08-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Drew hired Wall's AAU coach (and future agent) for a Baylor staff position. It's basically the same situation Michael Beasley had in Manhattan last year.

Yeah, it stinks pretty bad, but they're only going to have him for one year, and it helps lend legitimacy to the program, so they might as well do it before it's outlawed. I think they should pay the players, so this is a nice skirt around the rules toward that end.

K-State Spur
08-31-2008, 09:47 AM

I don't know if that's a dig or not, but it should be noted that the KSU coach - Delonte Hill - is regarded as one of the top young assistants/recruiters in the country.

Even if Beasley had severed his ties to Hill, Huggins (who was still in charge at the time) still would have hired him.

j-6
08-31-2008, 10:42 AM
I don't know if that's a dig or not, but it should be noted that the KSU coach - Delonte Hill - is regarded as one of the top young assistants/recruiters in the country.

Even if Beasley had severed his ties to Hill, Huggins (who was still in charge at the time) still would have hired him.

It's not a dig toward your program. Dwon Clifton is simply following Dalonte Hill's playbook. Twenty-something ex-D1 player (Clifton from Clemson, Hill from UNC-Charlotte) coaches AAU ball and befriends amazingly talent. They parlay that into an advanced position at the next level when they deliver said talent to new employer. In Hill's case, he's first assistant on a Big 12 bench. Hill was an assistant at his alma mater before K-State hired him, and Beasley was committed to the 49ers. Hill goes to the Little Apple, Beasley follows. He even was quoted as saying that he was there ''because of Delonte". This is the same guy that went to six high schools in five years and chose K-State sight unseen. Imagine what could have been if Huggy could have hired Dwaine Barnes: OJ Mayo, Bill Walker, and Beasley.

Hill and Clifton are just being more blatant about it. Hill has Duke, UNC, Wake, and NC State all within a quick drive and they weren't even trying to recruit him because it became known that they were a package deal. The big difference is that Hill is an actual talented coach that wants to run a program one day and Clifton wants to be an agent.

Shady? Yeah, maybe. But so is college recruitment in general and the NBA's age limit in particular. I'll be keeping an eye on Brandon Jennings this upcoming season. I think that's the wave of the future and where all these types of situations will wind up. Clifton would have sent Hill to Dynamo Moscow for 6% of a million euros.

K-State Spur
08-31-2008, 01:35 PM
It's not a dig toward your program. Dwon Clifton is simply following Dalonte Hill's playbook. Twenty-something ex-D1 player (Clifton from Clemson, Hill from UNC-Charlotte) coaches AAU ball and befriends amazingly talent. They parlay that into an advanced position at the next level when they deliver said talent to new employer. In Hill's case, he's first assistant on a Big 12 bench. Hill was an assistant at his alma mater before K-State hired him, and Beasley was committed to the 49ers. Hill goes to the Little Apple, Beasley follows. He even was quoted as saying that he was there ''because of Delonte". This is the same guy that went to six high schools in five years and chose K-State sight unseen. Imagine what could have been if Huggy could have hired Dwaine Barnes: OJ Mayo, Bill Walker, and Beasley.

Hill and Clifton are just being more blatant about it. Hill has Duke, UNC, Wake, and NC State all within a quick drive and they weren't even trying to recruit him because it became known that they were a package deal. The big difference is that Hill is an actual talented coach that wants to run a program one day and Clifton wants to be an agent.

Shady? Yeah, maybe. But so is college recruitment in general and the NBA's age limit in particular. I'll be keeping an eye on Brandon Jennings this upcoming season. I think that's the wave of the future and where all these types of situations will wind up. Clifton would have sent Hill to Dynamo Moscow for 6% of a million euros.

Agreed. Although there's not a single school out there who recruits top 300 players that would want their recruitments to be transparent under a microscope.