PDA

View Full Version : Pau Gasol - softest basketball player ever?

monosylab1k
08-24-2008, 02:25 AM
One hard foul and he bricks both his FT's and disappears. Kinda like the last game against the US.

LA24
08-24-2008, 02:48 AM
Gasol soft thread !!

TheMadHatter
08-24-2008, 03:18 AM
No. He's been absolutely huge for Spain in this Gold Medal match. Easily the best C in the Olympics.

monosylab1k
08-24-2008, 03:21 AM
No. He's been absolutely huge for Spain in this Gold Medal match. Easily the best C in the Olympics.

Yeah it's really tough to hit wide open jumpers when Bosh flops, and dunk alley-oops over Deron Williams.

Rudy Fernandez and Navarro deserve all the props in the world. If they didn't get such a pussy effort from Pau they might have won.

Nice point blank miss in the clutch.

TheMadHatter
08-24-2008, 03:27 AM
Yeah it's really tough to hit wide open jumpers when Bosh flops, and dunk alley-oops over Deron Williams.

Rudy Fernandez and Navarro deserve all the props in the world. If they didn't get such a pussy effort from Pau they might have won.

Nice point blank miss in the clutch.

What the fuck Olympics were you watching? Seriously.

I guess going 9/18 and scoring 21pts is not enough :downspin:

monosylab1k
08-24-2008, 03:28 AM

What the fuck Gold Medal Game were you watching? Seriously.

TheMadHatter
08-24-2008, 03:30 AM
21pts, 6 rbs, 50% FG

end thread

monosylab1k
08-24-2008, 03:31 AM
21pts, 6 rbs, 50% FG

end thread

Point blank miss in the clutch, missed free throws after hard fouls.

end thread.

TheMadHatter
08-24-2008, 03:33 AM
^No. Stop hating. Gasol was good today, Spain just wasn't good enough.

monosylab1k
08-24-2008, 03:35 AM
^No. Stop hating. Gasol was good today, Spain just wasn't good enough.

Fernandez was good. Navarro was good. Their leader didn't deliver when he had to.

I guess if Deron Williams was guarding him all game he would have been able to do more.

monosylab1k
08-24-2008, 03:36 AM
and 50% shooting is nothing impressive when the team shot better than that. His shooting lowered their percentage.

TheMadHatter
08-24-2008, 03:36 AM
I ask you again, how is shooting 50% from the field and scoring 21pts NOT delivering?

Clearly your just trolling again....I'm out.

monosylab1k
08-24-2008, 03:38 AM
I ask you again, how is shooting 50% from the field and scoring 21pts NOT delivering?

Clearly your just trolling again....I'm out.

I guess if you actually watched the game you'd understand. Clearly you didn't........so get out.

Ghazi
08-24-2008, 03:40 AM
mono I don't know what you're trying to accomplish other than rile Lakers fans up. Pau is a little soft, but definitely not the softest player ever. And he had a great game today, USA was just the better team.

monosylab1k
08-24-2008, 03:42 AM
And he had a great game today.

Yeah missing every shot he put up that wasn't an alley-oop over Deron Williams is really playing great.

Missing point blank at a clutch moment is a great game.

Getting his ass hammered and bricking both FT's is just what his team needed.

TheMadHatter
08-24-2008, 03:42 AM
mono I don't know what you're trying to accomplish other than rile Lakers fans up. Pau is a little soft, but definitely not the softest player ever. And he had a great game today, USA was just the better team.

I think you have your answer. It's OK, he'll get a tongue lashing from the mods soon enough and get himself back under control.

Ghazi
08-24-2008, 03:43 AM
Just because a bucket is easy doesn't mean it should be discredited. He deserves credit for positioning himself for those alley oops. Also he made the wide open jumper when Bosh got steamrolled by Marc and a nice hook over Dwight Howard. He thoroughly outplayed the USA frontline today, but the perimeter shooting of USA was too good, too clutch.

monosylab1k
08-24-2008, 03:44 AM
Also he made the wide open jumper when Bosh got steamrolled by Marc

:lmao yeah let's give him props for hitting an uncontested 10 footer.

monosylab1k
08-24-2008, 03:45 AM
I think you have your answer. It's OK, he'll get a tongue lashing from the mods soon enough and get himself back under control.

I thought you were out? Guess not. I'm sorry you're such a liar, troll.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
08-24-2008, 09:37 AM
two words: Shawn Bradley

MaNuMaNiAc
08-24-2008, 09:45 AM

haven't been around here for very long, have you? You don't get tongue lashes for trolling around here. If mono is just doing this to troll lakerfans, then I imagine he's been successful, because you're waiting for some mod to come in here and shut him up... you'll be waiting for a while.:lol

manufor3
08-24-2008, 10:09 AM

I guess going 9/18 and scoring 21pts is not enough :downspin:

21pts, 6 rbs, 50% FG

end thread

stats aren't all, how does that prove he's not soft?

The Franchise
08-24-2008, 10:12 AM
I wouldn't call him the softest, but he is one of the ugliest. That is one ugly bastard.

BUMP
08-24-2008, 10:35 AM

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

monosylab1k
08-24-2008, 12:24 PM
two words: Shawn Bradley

nice!

NOW end thread.

TheMadHatter fails again.

Roxsfan
08-24-2008, 02:34 PM

no dipshit, Yao is > than Gasol:rolleyes

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-24-2008, 02:38 PM

I highly doubt that will happen.

sook
08-24-2008, 02:40 PM

First he says bynum is a top center and now Pau was the best center in the olympics...:wakeup

TheMadHatter
08-24-2008, 02:48 PM

Best C in the Olympics != Best C in the NBA

There is no denying Pau has outplayed Yao Ming in these Olympics, which is expected since Ming is still recovering from injury.

TMAC-YAO-ARTEST
08-24-2008, 03:41 PM
First he says bynum is a top center and now Pau was the best center in the olympics...:wakeup

yeah, no kidding

TMAC-YAO-ARTEST
08-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Best C in the Olympics != Best C in the NBA

There is no denying Pau has outplayed Yao Ming in these Olympics, which is expected since Ming is still recovering from injury.

Well, I will respect your opinion sir.:toast

TheMadHatter
08-24-2008, 04:59 PM
The bottomline is mono created this thread thinking he would get support from all of ST but it ended up backfiring in his face when his own Mav fans told him how stupid his OP was.

Classic!

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-24-2008, 05:17 PM
The bottomline is mono created this thread thinking he would get support from all of ST but it ended up backfiring in his face when his own Mav fans told him how stupid his OP was.

Classic!

There was only one. A thread where 1 person that shares the same team favorite team doesn't agree with you isn't what I define as classic.

Biggems
08-24-2008, 05:22 PM
I liked the play where Gasol was holding Howard's hand after the US grabbed a defensive rebound....and Howard wanted his hand back, so he jerked it away and smacked Gasol right in the jaw......all you see is Gasol crying like the bitch he is to the refs and the entire pussy team screaming and crying from the ESP bench.

ESP is the only group of players who cries more than NBA players.......I can without a doubt crown ESP and the biggest bunch of crybabies in basketball.

IronMexican
08-24-2008, 05:24 PM
There was only one. A thread where 1 person that shares the same team favorite team doesn't agree with you isn't what I define as classic.

now i know why i thought you were a Mav fan.

because they always switch teams and i got you confused while they did.(since your thingy says Blazers)

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-24-2008, 05:25 PM
now i know why i thought you were a Mav fan.

because they always switch teams and i got you confused while they did.(since your thingy says Blazers)

:rollin That's the first time someone got that wrong. No, I don't root for the Mavs, I'm a Spurs fan. I just think the Mavs fans here are cool.

IronMexican
08-24-2008, 05:30 PM
:rollin That's the first time someone got that wrong. No, I don't root for the Mavs, I'm a Spurs fan. I just think the Mavs fans here are cool.

just about all the mav fans are cool. apart from a few.

but we can agree ALL the Laker fans on this board are great:lol

I Keed, I Keed

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-24-2008, 05:32 PM
just about all the mav fans are cool. apart from a few.

but we can agree ALL the Laker fans on this board are great:lol

I Keed, I Keed
lol, Not all of them, but don't worry, I'm sure we can all agree you're one of them. :toast

TheMadHatter
08-24-2008, 05:33 PM
The Spur-Laker love is making me sick.......

IronMexican
08-24-2008, 05:33 PM
lol, Not all of them, but don't worry, I'm sure we can all agree you're one of them. :toast

:toast

IronMexican
08-24-2008, 05:34 PM

:toast

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-24-2008, 05:39 PM

Hey, did you know that on your sig it looks like Kobe is touching the ref's schlong and it looks like he's trying to tell the person who saw not to tell anyone?

IronMexican
08-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Hatter, what Laker site you post on?

KobeOwnsBowen
08-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Nah man. Dirk is the softest basketball player ever.

TheMadHatter
08-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Hey, did you know that on your sig it looks like Kobe is touching the ref's schlong and it looks like he's trying to tell the person who saw not to tell anyone?

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/64/fullj.bd3a7ce9504c86572fa508dda0a536e9/bd3a7ce9504c86572fa508dda0a536e9-getty-81972795mc177_olympics_day_.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-24-2008, 07:04 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/64/fullj.bd3a7ce9504c86572fa508dda0a536e9/bd3a7ce9504c86572fa508dda0a536e9-getty-81972795mc177_olympics_day_.jpg

Biggems
08-24-2008, 07:46 PM

dont worry I still hate your team.....the Purple and Gold can burn in hell.

GO SPURS GO

LakeShow
08-24-2008, 07:54 PM

:vomit:

Fuck the Spurs!

IronMexican
08-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Lol, i honestly have nothing against the Spurs.
it could be that we got the better of them over the years, or the fact that they are a much classier franchise than the Suns.

TheMadHatter
08-24-2008, 08:11 PM
I would probably hate the Spurs if they were actually decent competition for the Lakers. For whatever reason, Pop turns into a mental midget against Phil Jackson.

Tully365
08-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Pau Gasol is not perfect, but he's still better than every single player on last year's Seattle Supersonics team.

Yes, every single one.

lefty
08-24-2008, 11:37 PM
I would probably hate the Spurs if they were actually decent competition for the Lakers. For whatever reason, Pop turns into a mental midget against Phil Jackson.

True :depressed

dirk4mvp
08-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Pau Gasol is not perfect, but he's still better than every single player on last year's Seattle Supersonics team.

Yes, every single one.

what does that have to do with anything?

idiot.

ElNono
08-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Im with mono on this one... He's the softest big since Shawn Bradley retired...

lefty
08-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Gasol is NOT soft.

In fact, he likes to take it hard

http://www.nba.com/media/pauyao_625_080812.jpg

Medvedenko
08-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Yes I agree with Mono....he's the softest big in the league that averages 19,9 and wins world championships and makes it to the NBA and Olympic finals.

ElNono
08-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Yes I agree with Mono....he's the softest big in the league that averages 19,9 and wins world championships and makes it to the NBA and Olympic finals.

Oberto actually made it to the same finals and won more of them than Pau did...
Is he better than Pau? He sure isn't the pussy Pau is.

Medvedenko
08-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Yeah, keep telling yourself that Oberto is better than Pau...
Man, the level of retardation on this forum has risen since I took a brief hiatus.

ElNono
08-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Yeah, keep telling yourself that Oberto is better than Pau...
Man, the level of retardation on this forum has risen since I took a brief hiatus.

The retardation is you thinking that Pau took the Spanish team to those finals on his own, or the Lakers to the NBA Finals on his own.
Gasol is a finesse player. Which is a politically correct word for soft.

lefty
08-25-2008, 12:05 AM
The retardation is you thinking that Pau took the Spanish team to those finals on his own, or the Lakers to the NBA Finals on his own.

+1

They won the World Championship without him

Pau is a soft bitch

IronMexican
08-25-2008, 12:06 AM

wanna show me where he said Pau led Spain gold medal game and The Lakers to the finals?

Medvedenko
08-25-2008, 12:07 AM

Actually I believe you went full retard when you mentioned Oberto in the same breath as Pau. Oh, and we all know you don't go full retard.

Wasn't Pau the leading scorer during the Olympics....

TheMadHatter
08-25-2008, 12:20 AM
Haters will H-A-T-E. That's what 99% of posters on ST like to do, for some reason they are fixated on Laker players. Maybe they are still pissed off that the Lakers knocked them out of the playoffs yet again.

Pau is a great player. Yes he is a finesse guy who prefers to stay away from hard contact, but he is far from being the softest player ever. You don't average 19 and 9 and lead all scorers in the Olympics by being soft. Anyone who buys into this OP's nonsense is nothing more than a H-A-T-E-R.

/end thread

ElNono
08-25-2008, 12:30 AM
Actually I believe you went full retard when you mentioned Oberto in the same breath as Pau. Oh, and we all know you don't go full retard.

Wasn't Pau the leading scorer during the Olympics....

The full on retardation on your part was to suggest that him reaching Finals has anything to do with his toughness. As a matter of fact, he's never won ANY of those finals (he didn't play in the WC final)
And how does being the top scorer in the Olympics (with a mindbogling .6 average over Yao Ming) makes him any tougher?

ElNono
08-25-2008, 12:37 AM
Haters will H-A-T-E. That's what 99% of posters on ST like to do, for some reason they are fixated on Laker players. Maybe they are still pissed off that the Lakers knocked them out of the playoffs yet again.

Pau is a great player. Yes he is a finesse guy who prefers to stay away from hard contact, but he is far from being the softest player ever. You don't average 19 and 9 and lead all scorers in the Olympics by being soft. Anyone who buys into this OP's nonsense is nothing more than a H-A-T-E-R.

/end thread

I don't think he's the softest ever, but he's definitely the softer of the bunch right now. It has nothing to do with the Lakers really. He was always like this from his Memphis days. I think being second fiddle to Kobe is the best that happened to him. I think he's very talented. But he is soft, and as you described pretty well, he runs away from contact.

TheMadHatter
08-25-2008, 01:26 AM
I don't think he's the softest ever, but he's definitely the softer of the bunch right now. It has nothing to do with the Lakers really. He was always like this from his Memphis days. I think being second fiddle to Kobe is the best that happened to him. I think he's very talented. But he is soft, and as you described pretty well, he runs away from contact.

So then you are not in agreement with the OP who said he was the "softest player ever"? Get your positions straight Kerry...

One of the more effective lineups ESP had out there was when both Gasol brothers were on the floor at the same time with Pau playing PF. This is exactly how things will go with the Lakers when Bynum gets back.

ElNono
08-25-2008, 07:45 AM
So then you are not in agreement with the OP who said he was the "softest player ever"? Get your positions straight Kerry...

If you could only read...

He's the softest big since Shawn Bradley retired...

One of the more effective lineups ESP had out there was when both Gasol brothers were on the floor at the same time with Pau playing PF. This is exactly how things will go with the Lakers when Bynum gets back.

He's still soft. Get over it.

RonMexico
08-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Um, none of this matters because the Suns sold the rights to Rudy Fernandez who was dominant.

Navarro just chased the money in Europe, but he's got that runner/floater down pat. I wouldn't want to be stuck on Grizz either. Also, why couldn't Chris Paul stay in front of Navarro? Makes no sense to me.

Also, Pau is soft, esp. when compared to Marc, who did give Bosh a nice elbow to the face.

OMG 21 pts in a losing effort with half of your points coming off put backs or alley-oops!!! You're totally not soft Pau, I love you!!! Let me cum in your face. -Mad Hatter and Mamba.

TheMadHatter
08-25-2008, 09:44 AM
If you could only read...

He's still soft. Get over it.

You don't think Laker fans didn't already know Pau was a finesse player? Man you trolls are moronic.

Pau is still a fucking great player in spite of this and any of you would kill to have him on your team. His deficiencies will be hidden for the most part when Bynum returns.

/end thread

ElNono
08-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Um, none of this matters because the Suns sold the rights to Rudy Fernandez who was dominant.

Navarro just chased the money in Europe, but he's got that runner/floater down pat. I wouldn't want to be stuck on Grizz either. Also, why couldn't Chris Paul stay in front of Navarro? Makes no sense to me.

Also, Pau is soft, esp. when compared to Marc, who did give Bosh a nice elbow to the face.

OMG 21 pts in a losing effort with half of your points coming off put backs or alley-oops!!! You're totally not soft Pau, I love you!!! Let me cum in your face. -Mad Hatter and Mamba.

Don't forget Garbajosa and Calderon, who also carried that Spanish team in the WC. And completely agree that Marc is more of a banger than his bro.

ElNono
08-25-2008, 11:49 AM
You don't think Laker fans didn't already know Pau was a finesse player? Man you trolls are moronic.

If you would have written 'Yes, he's very talented but soft' on the first page, we would have saved ourselves 2 pages of non-sense.

Pau is still a fucking great player in spite of this and any of you would kill to have him on your team. His deficiencies will be hidden for the most part when Bynum returns.

Nobody is arguing that. He's soft, and I'm glad you finally acknowledged it.

monosylab1k
08-25-2008, 11:52 AM

/end thread

Your sig pic looks like Kobe is touching that ref's cock.

TheMadHatter
08-25-2008, 11:55 AM
If you would have written 'Yes, he's very talented but soft' on the first page, we would have saved ourselves 2 pages of non-sense.

Nobody is arguing that. He's soft, and I'm glad you finally acknowledged it.

What's the point of this thread? Why did you post in this thread?

BUMP
08-25-2008, 12:08 PM

/end thread

i have to agree with this guy. Gasol may flop he may avoid contact, but he did lead the Olympics in scoring so you cant call him soft. Pau is a finesse player and in my book there's a difference between finesse and soft. Being a finesse player means that you physically tend to avoid contact in order to play better, but soft is pretty much saying you're a pussy who cant really handle the game at all and he certainly doesnt fall in that category. C-Webb in Sacramento was a finesse player and i wouldve killed to have him with Dallas.

he still hit big shots vs the US. i dont understand why anybody can still call him soft?

ElNono
08-25-2008, 12:29 PM
What's the point of this thread? Why did you post in this thread?

To express my opinion. Why do you post in any thread?

Tully365
08-25-2008, 12:39 PM
what does that have to do with anything?

idiot.

Read the thread more carefully. Monosylab1k-- the person who started this thread and posted various comments on Pau-- lists Seattle as his favorite team underneath his name. So it's completely relevant and makes perfect sense to mention it.

I'm sure you're just a lazy reader and not necessarily an idiot.

monosylab1k
08-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Read the thread more carefully. Monosylab1k-- the person who started this thread and posted various comments on Pau-- lists the Seattle as his favorite team underneath his name. So it's completely relevant and makes perfect sense to mention it.

:tu

Tully365
08-25-2008, 12:43 PM

:lol

IronMexican
08-25-2008, 01:34 PM

:lmao

TheNextGen
08-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Sorry Lakers fans, Pau is soft. He's good, but he's soft.

hater
08-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Dirk was the softest until a couple of years ago. Now he's just average soft

dirk4mvp
08-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Read the thread more carefully. Monosylab1k-- the person who started this thread and posted various comments on Pau-- lists Seattle as his favorite team underneath his name. So it's completely relevant and makes perfect sense to mention it.

The player that this thread is about was the staple of my favorite franchise for many years.

Tully365
08-25-2008, 04:48 PM
The player that this thread is about was the staple of my favorite franchise for many years.

Right, but your last post asked what was the point of mentioning Seattle, and then you called me an idiot. The point was obvious to anyone who read the thread carefully. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to make judgments and insult people, seeing as how yours was obviously wrong.

Ill Cosby
08-26-2008, 11:08 AM
...No Dirk is the softest

monosylab1k
08-26-2008, 11:09 AM

Thanks for posting, you reminded me of a player softer than Dirk & Pau combined.

Peja.

Thanks again :tu

Findog
08-26-2008, 11:10 AM

You're an idiot.

Findog
08-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks for posting, you reminded me of a player softer than Dirk & Pau combined.

Peja.

Thanks again :tu

Don't be so hard on the guy. He didn't even know New Orleans had a basketball team until this past May. They're just a pleasant diversion until Saints training camp.