PDA

View Full Version : Resident Cyclists

MannyIsGod
08-24-2008, 04:21 AM
I want some advice as to what kind/brand bike I should look for. I'm going to use it to commute a couple of times a week when the weather isn't too bad. When I was commuting a bike around town a few years back I got into pretty decent shape and I think it would be a good thing to pick it back up. I'd save some money on gas and get a decent workout in.

When I did it before I had a piece of shit bike but I want to go out and buy a good bike but I really don't want to go drop too much on a bike. What type of bike should I look into? I really don't like classic road bikes with the thin tires, but are those the best bets? Which brands would be good?

Tlong?

Brutalis
08-24-2008, 05:39 AM
Do me a favor and stay off the fucking god damn road. If there is no shoulder guess what? Get fucking tread on your tires and ride the grass.

I'm sick and fucking tired of these assholes going 20mph on my road and not getting over. Honk, rev engine, they just look at you. Fucking dumb douche cakes.

MannyIsGod
08-24-2008, 05:41 AM
If you can't pass someone on a bike you suck ass a driver imo.

Brutalis
08-24-2008, 05:45 AM
Sure when you can it's pretty simple..

However where I live it's a pass through town. People going through it to work with one lane each way. These assholes ride the middle of the road, and we cannot pass because of traffic. This happens once a week to me and I'm not even being sarcastic.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread just saying move over when a car is behind you.

MannyIsGod
08-24-2008, 05:55 AM
Sure when you can it's pretty simple..

However where I live it's a pass through town. People going through it to work with one lane each way. These assholes ride the middle of the road, and we cannot pass because of traffic. This happens once a week to me and I'm not even being sarcastic.

Didn't mean to hijack your thread just saying move over when a car is behind you.

Run them over imo. Teach them a lesson.

Brutalis
08-24-2008, 05:58 AM
Nah. When my buddy Jay is with me he threw a pen in their spokes once and made dude flip and wreck. I imagine he got hurt cause he did several flips.

Anyways just stay off the road and don't take pics of my house!

MannyIsGod
08-24-2008, 05:58 AM
Nah. When my buddy Jay is with me he threw a pen in their spokes once and made dude flip and wreck. I imagine he got hurt cause he did several flips.

Anyways just stay off the road and don't take pics of my house!

LOL wow thats kinda fucked up.

Brutalis
08-24-2008, 06:05 AM
Well back to your thread. My uncle cycles. He said a couple weeks ago something about titanium frames that have carbon spokes give you the best ride.

TDMVPDPOY
08-24-2008, 06:41 AM
donkey....buy one