PDA

View Full Version : Problems listening to SIRIUS radio online

Evan
08-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Here is the solution if this ever comes up...

I know this won't be useful to the vast majority but it will help someone out eventually and spare them the 4 hours it took me this weekend when it stopped working since SIRIUS/XM support sucks we're on our own to figure out work arounds.

Two things you must do and I just edited the solutions I found on another forum since it seems a ton of people have this problem and information is scattered so I wanted to be a little more concise.

SOLUTION 1 - This is if your wmp file has somehow become corrupted for any various reasons. Now understand that even though it doesn't look like it, SIRIUS media player is WMP so if something is wrong with it, you can't use SIRIUS online.

To rename the Player networking information folder:

1. Close Windows Media Player completely.

2. Click Start, then select Run.

3. In the Run dialog box, type the following (exactly as shown):

%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Media

This step opens the following folder on your computer:

SystemDrive:\Documents and Settings\UserProfileName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Media

4. In this folder, rename the folder from 11.0 to 11.0.bak (or if you have 10 rename it 10.0.bak, 9 rename it 9.0.bak etc...)

5. Start the Player and try to stream the content again.

SOLUTION 2

Under Tools, Options then Player tab. Had to check "Connect to the Internet (overrides other commands)"

And thats it...after a dozen failed solutions...poorly written articles...phone calls to support this took me 1 minute to do the above and it worked instantly. Hope that helps someone 1 day.

Evan
08-25-2008, 08:01 AM
Actually it looks like this solves nearly all WMP based internet radio problems.