PDA

View Full Version : The official trade Ginobili poll

vanvannen
08-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Since there seems to be a lot of Spurs fans hating on Ginobili after he re-injured his ankle, I put together a poll to get some numbers from the forum.
I myself believe most fans criticizing Manu are very ungrateful, but that is just an opinion.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-24-2008, 06:22 PM
Where's the poll that doesn't have options with rude remarks?

E20
08-24-2008, 06:23 PM
where is teh scola is a badass option

vanvannen
08-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Where's the poll that doesn't have options with rude remarks?

#1 is not rude. It's been posted in some other thread.
#2 is not rude at all.
#3 Ok, maybe it is a little rude.:lol

Darkwaters
08-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Trade Gino? Are you crazy?

Ocotillo
08-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Geez louise. I am abstaining, this crap is getting crazy.

Can we just start training camp already?

td4mvp21
08-24-2008, 06:36 PM
He shouldn't have played in the Olympics- I said it before and I still say it now. When your ankle is injured you let it rest and he didn't do that. Hopefully it won't cost the Spurs this year again.

Brutalis
08-24-2008, 06:37 PM

Spurtacus
08-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Get well Manu. If its surgery, take it.

Vito Corleone
08-24-2008, 06:58 PM
No one except for Duncan is untouchable.

With that said you only trade a guy like Gino if you are improving your team, I don't see any deals out there that would be a huge improvement over having Manu.

manufor3
08-24-2008, 07:30 PM

Hemotivo
08-24-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm gonna pull a TPark and call him selfish for playing for his country.

TheMadHatter
08-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Trade him for who? His trade value is VERY low right now, probably the lowest it has ever been. Your stuck with Manu, for better or worse.

DROB4EVER
08-24-2008, 10:54 PM
No dont trade him, give him time to heal and he will be Ok. When he comes back limit him to 27mpg and no more.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Let him heal, just use this as an opportunity to get Mason minutes, not trot out Finley's old ass.

People are boneheads for wanting to trade him. I can't think of a worse time to trade a player than after the whole world watched him limp through the NBA Playoffs then go down in the semifinals of the Olympics with an injury to the same ankle.

DarkMaverick
08-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Trade him for who? His trade value is VERY low right now, probably the lowest it has ever been. Your stuck with Manu, for better or worse.

it's actually a good thing...you'll see because we'll eliminate the lakers in playoff this coming season ....and it's goin be because of MANU! :downspin: :downspin: :downspin:

smeagol
08-25-2008, 08:36 AM
Playing for your country is as selfish as it gets . . .

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Let him heal, just use this as an opportunity to get Mason minutes, not trot out Finley's old ass.

People are boneheads for wanting to trade him. I can't think of a worse time to trade a player than after the whole world watched him limp through the NBA Playoffs then go down in the semifinals of the Olympics with an injury to the same ankle.

yeah... now he's damaged goods so we're stuck. I thought we should have traded him before the Olympics, because I thought he was damaged goods then. Manu reminds me of Grant Hill.

JudynTX
08-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Ridiculous

hater
08-25-2008, 10:06 AM
you mofos are dumb

Big P
08-25-2008, 10:08 AM
This shit is just stupid..a poll?? seriously?

vander
08-25-2008, 11:55 AM
manu for scola!!!

Allanon
08-25-2008, 11:57 AM
manu for scola!!!

Now THAT would be a bitch of a trade....

:lol

wisnub
08-25-2008, 11:58 AM

Hahahaha :lol We should be appreciative to our hero. Get well MAnu, you got fans lineup on your side

wisnub
08-25-2008, 11:59 AM
LETS GET SCOLA AND MANU WILL RECOVER SOONER....they're hommies. they play well together. Lets beat up Rockets and steal him in the daylight :lol

Ass Cream
08-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Spurs should've traded Manu as soon as the season ended.

rAm
08-25-2008, 12:04 PM

Says the man named Ass Cream

Oh, Gee!!
08-25-2008, 12:06 PM

the real question is whether Manu can.

monosylab1k
08-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Says the man named Ass Cream

says the man named rAm, probably short for "rAm it in my ass"

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-25-2008, 12:10 PM
If Manu is healthy he's one of the top two or three players in the league in crunch time. Not sure you'd trade that considering that most games in the NBA are decided in the last few minutes.

vander
08-25-2008, 12:12 PM
If Manu is healthy he's one of the top two or three players in the league in crunch time. Not sure you'd trade that considering that most games in the NBA are decided in the last few minutes.

kobyz
08-25-2008, 12:31 PM
Manu is more than just a player for the spurs, he is the heart of the spurs, i will not trade Manu for no one even not for LeBron, Manu is spur for life the same as Duncan!

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-25-2008, 12:34 PM
If

So far he's had one unhealthy playoffs. Duncan's had at least two. Maybe we should trade Manu and Duncan for some healthy guys.

anakha
08-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Manu is more than just a player for the spurs, he is the heart of the spurs

See Duncan, Tim.

kobyz
08-25-2008, 12:37 PM
See Duncan, Tim.

Duncan is the king

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 12:41 PM
So far he's had one unhealthy playoffs. Duncan's had at least two. Maybe we should trade Manu and Duncan for some healthy guys.

Manu has been unhealthy for more than just one. This time he was both unhealthy and ineffective. Love Manu, but people are acting shocked that he could potentially be plagued with injuries. From the first few times I saw him play I thought there was no way his body could hold up. When he's healthy, there are few better.

Problem with Manu is his heart makes dumbs him down. Instead of trying to prolong his career he's trying to play with serious injuries, ala Grant Hill.

WildcardManu
08-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Where's the faith in the Manu?

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Where's the faith in the Manu?

We have no choice, but to have faith. Injuries have ended the best of careers.

urunobili
08-25-2008, 12:59 PM
Manu has been unhealthy for more than just one. This time he was both unhealthy and ineffective. Love Manu, but people are acting shocked that he could potentially be plagued with injuries. From the first few times I saw him play I thought there was no way his body could hold up. When he's healthy, there are few better.

Problem with Manu is his heart makes dumbs him down. Instead of trying to prolong his career he's trying to play with serious injuries, ala Grant Hill.

we wouldn't have made the playoffs at all without him last year... :wow

dbreiden83080
08-25-2008, 01:14 PM

I would have explored what was out there for him at least

vander
08-25-2008, 02:29 PM

and we might not make the playoffs this year without him, that's the whole point. he isn't going to stay healthy.

The Franchise
08-25-2008, 02:44 PM
I feel Manu was being selfish playing in the Olympics. Had Manu been healthy I would have encouraged his participation, but he wasn't. Should he be traded? Hell no, but he should be called out on his level of commitment to the Spurs for playing hurt, and risking their investment.

ECZ
08-25-2008, 02:52 PM

:rollin

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 02:53 PM

are you kidding me. The 2nd winningest franchise in the NBA with Tim and Tony on the Tim not make the playoffs.:lol

The spurs do not win a title without a healthy Manu. Those days are long gone, so next best thing was to find a replacement, but now it's too late.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-25-2008, 06:08 PM
and we might not make the playoffs this year without him, that's the whole point. he isn't going to stay healthy.

says who, you??

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-25-2008, 06:30 PM
I'd like to know who you would trade him for.

Manu was a key part in the last two championship runs. Who are the Spurs going to acquire at Ginobili's pay scale that is willing to do whatever the team needs in order to win, yet still be the guy to step it up in crunch time and win it?

Ginobili is a superstar caliber player who hasn't complained about coming off the bench or not being regarded as the number one star of the team. Yet when it's winning time the team more often than not turns to him to deliver. He is irreplacable in that regard.

Instead of 'should Ginobili be traded' the question should be 'who would you realistically be able to trade Ginobili for?' There is no 2nd or 3rd man on any team that is as good as Manu.

So I ask...trade him for what? Draft picks so the Spurs can go after more IUPUI grads? Honestly. Who or what do you trade him for?

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-25-2008, 06:31 PM
I realized when I read my post that I asked who you would trade Manu for four times. I hope this isn't overkill, but who would you trade him for?

century
08-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Manu is more than just a player for the spurs, he is the heart of the spurs, i will not trade Manu for no one even not for LeBron, Manu is spur for life the same as Duncan!

What the fuck are you on?:lmao

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 07:03 PM
I realized when I read my post that I asked who you would trade Manu for four times. I hope this isn't overkill, but who would you trade him for?

no one now. Before the world discovered he's damaged goods a lot of people. the trade wouldn't have been equal compared to healthy manu of the past, but if people would open up their eyes and realized healthy manu is gone, a lot of good players were available.

vander
08-25-2008, 07:14 PM
says who, you??

you don't have to believe it now if you don't want to. just wait and see for yourself

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Spurs will make the playoffs without healthy. They will not win the championship without healthy Manu. Spurs should have either gotten a player who could have maybe replaced some of Manu's production and let Tony pick up the rest of the slack, or gotten a pick or two for him.

baseline bum
08-25-2008, 07:46 PM
No one but Tim is untradeable, but it would sure take a freaking hell of a lot to make me even consider losing Manu.

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 07:51 PM
No one but Tim is untradeable, but it would sure take a freaking hell of a lot to make me even consider losing Manu.

Manu is more than likely lost to injury.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-25-2008, 07:52 PM
What the fuck is it with jackasses in here proclaiming Manu finished?? Give me a fucking break! you don't even know the extent of the injury for christ sake, and you're going on about "a healthy Manu is a thing if the past" as if you were his personal physicians. The only idiot that would gladly jump to the conclusion Manu is finished with so little information available is someone that has something invested in having people believe that bullshit. Period.

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 07:54 PM
What the fuck is it with jackasses in here proclaiming Manu finished?? Give me a fucking break! you don't even know the extent of the injury for christ sake, and you're going on about "a healthy Manu is a thing if the past" as if you were his personal physicians. The only idiot that would gladly jump to the conclusion Manu is finished with so little information available is someone that has something invested in having people believe that bullshit. Period.

I have something invested? I need to know these things.:lmao

MaNuMaNiAc
08-25-2008, 08:00 PM
I have something invested? I need to know these things.:lmao

You fail at comedy, you know that?

I'll dumb it down for ya, the only reason anyone claims to know Manu is finished and will never be %100 again with practically no information about his current injury is because they're hoping that's the case. Get it.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Shit, I KNOW vand is hoping. I don't think I've ever seen that dude say anything positive about Manu. I'm betting the fucker is ecstatic about how things have turned out.

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 08:06 PM
You fail at comedy, you know that?

I'll dumb it down for ya, the only reason anyone claims to know Manu is finished and will never be %100 again with practically no information about his current injury is because they're hoping that's the case. Get it.

that's pretty presumptive of you. You sound like you're of great mind, but let me try to play in your world a bit. Our loyalty is to the Spurs first, just like Manu's loyalty is to his country first. There's nothing wrong with either one. Having an opinion that Manu is finished because of injuries is not far fetched, so wanting the Spurs to do something about it is Spurs fan loyalty. And since I'm a huge Spurs "team" homer, I hope I'm 100% incorrect about Manu and I will proudly admit it if the time comes.

I"m not insulting your country, just talking about my beloved Spurs.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-25-2008, 08:14 PM
that's pretty presumptive of you. You sound like you're of great mind, but let me try to play in your world a bit. Our loyalty is to the Spurs first, just like Manu's loyalty is to his country first. There's nothing wrong with either one. Having an opinion that Manu is finished because of injuries is not far fetched, so wanting the Spurs to do something about it is Spurs fan loyalty. And since I'm a huge Spurs "team" homer, I hope I'm 100% incorrect about Manu and I will proudly admit it if the time comes.

I"m not insulting your country, just talking about my beloved Spurs.

Its got shit to do with my country. Making up your mind that Manu is finished because of an injury you don't know the extent of is idiotic, whether you're American, Argentinian or Chinese, it makes no difference. You're advocating trading the guy before you even know what the fuck is wrong with him. For all you know, the guy could be ready to play by October and be fine for the rest of the season. Up until he was injured, he was the highest scorer in the Olympic tournament! quite impressive for someone that's finished...

Again, the only reason to assume he is finished is to want it that way, otherwise, STFU and wait for updates on his condition before spewing bullshit assumptions as if they were fact.

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Its got shit to do with my country. Making up your mind that Manu is finished because of an injury you don't know the extent of is idiotic, whether you're American, Argentinian or Chinese, it makes no difference. You're advocating trading the guy before you even know what the fuck is wrong with him. For all you know, the guy could be ready to play by October and be fine for the rest of the season. Up until he was injured, he was the highest scorer in the Olympic tournament! quite impressive for someone that's finished...

Again, the only reason to assume he is finished is to want it that way, otherwise, STFU and wait for updates on his condition before spewing bullshit assumptions as if they were fact.

listen ducks, take off the knee pads. Spurs shouldn't wait to confirm anything before trying to trade, you do it in anticipation. If in fact Manu is damaged goods, spurs will get absolutely ziltch.\

One question, what if you're wrong and Manu is finished. What happens to the Spurs then?

MaNuMaNiAc
08-25-2008, 08:35 PM
listen ducks, take off the knee pads. Spurs shouldn't wait to confirm anything before trying to trade, you do it in anticipation. If in fact Manu is damaged goods, spurs will get absolutely ziltch.\

One question, what if you're wrong and Manu is finished. What happens to the Spurs then?

ducks? :lol

Well hell, if you are looking at it form the paranoid little bitch angle, then yeah, I imagine you should pull the trigger on that trade.

Fact is Manu was able to walk around, even jump on the injured ankle just a day after the fact, which would lead anyone with half a brain to conclude that perhaps the injury isn't as serious as some here would like people to believe.

This isn't a Grant Hill scenario for fucks sake.

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 08:40 PM
ducks? :lol

Well hell, if you are looking at it form the paranoid little bitch angle, then yeah, I imagine you should pull the trigger on that trade.

Fact is Manu was able to walk around, even jump on the injured ankle just a day after the fact, which would lead anyone with half a brain to conclude that perhaps the injury isn't as serious as some here would like people to believe.

This isn't a Grant Hill scenario for fucks sake.

You're surely acting like ducks. And don't pull the internet tough guy crap with me. How do you know it's not Grant Hill part II? You just said we don't have enough info.

nevertheless, Manu is meaningless to me when compared to the Spurs, so dropping him wouldn't faze me and that's coming from a huge fan.

I'm egoless enough to hope you're right in this case.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-25-2008, 09:02 PM
You're surely acting like ducks. And don't pull the internet tough guy crap with me. How do you know it's not Grant Hill part II? You just said we don't have enough info.

nevertheless, Manu is meaningless to me when compared to the Spurs, so dropping him wouldn't faze me and that's coming from a huge fan.

I'm egoless enough to hope you're right in this case.

first of all, do you even know how ducks posts? I'm honestly asking, because I have no clue as to what regard you think I'm acting like ducks.

second, internet tough guy crap?? WTF? look that term up, cents. I don't think you know what it means.

I'm curious as to what has you convinced Manu is on his way to becoming Grant Hill part 2? enough so that you're in here proclaiming Manu finished with no evidence whatsoever. Being paranoid isn't a good enough reason. The "quick trade him now JUST IN CASE" bullshit doesn't cut it. I'm a huge fan of the Spurs as well, and I wouldn't object to the right trade, if it happened to come along. I just don't like when people come in here and try to pass their bullshit as fact. You're right we don't have enough information, and given the situation don't you think we should wait until we do?

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 09:23 PM
first of all, do you even know how ducks posts? I'm honestly asking, because I have no clue as to what regard you think I'm acting like ducks.

blind support of a player and spewing hate for any dissenting view. I argue with Ducks all the time and honestly for the first time ever, you're coming close to him.

second, internet tough guy crap?? WTF? look that term up, cents. I don't think you know what it means. telling people to shut up or calling them bitches were always fighting words growing up.

I'm curious as to what has you convinced Manu is on his way to becoming Grant Hill part 2? enough so that you're in here proclaiming Manu finished with no evidence whatsoever. Being paranoid isn't a good enough reason.
Anyone with eyes could predict early on Manu would struggle with injuries, because he plays with all heart. In fact, that's why he will be one of my all-time favorite players. Right up there with Larry Bird. Stories are circulating this injury stems back to the '02 championships. I've seen players like Bill Walton, Grant Hill, Chris Webber etc... diminish their careers with these type of injuries.

I'm treating Manu like a profitable stock that shows signs of falling on tough times. I hate to let it go, but tough choices are necessary. I would have made the extremely difficult tough choice and traded him before the Olympics.

The "quick trade him now JUST IN CASE" bullshit doesn't cut it. I'm a huge fan of the Spurs as well, and I wouldn't object to the right trade, if it happened to come along. I just don't like when people come in here and try to pass their bullshit as fact. You're right we don't have enough information, and given the situation don't you think we should wait until we do? Tough decisions are made on incomplete information, but I've seen enough and once Manu decided to disregard his body and play in the Olympics I was convinced it was time for him to move on.

My 2cents.

vander
08-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Shit, I KNOW vand is hoping. I don't think I've ever seen that dude say anything positive about Manu. I'm betting the fucker is ecstatic about how things have turned out.

I know I'm ecstatic that he came up lame against the Lakers. and I'm totally psyched about it happening again this year, I love watching POS teams like the Celts and Heat win titles

:rolleyes

Phenomanul
08-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Manu cannot and should not be compared to Grant Hill...

Grant has only managed to win two titles (with Duke in 1992 and with the US Olympic Team in 1996)...

Manu has won championships everywhere he's played... in the Italian League, the Euroleague, the NBA and managed to lead his country to the Olympic Gold against the greater talent of the US Squad...

As for the China-doll argument...

Ginobili has inflamed ligaments... Grant Hill broke his foot; there is a substantial difference.

spurschick
08-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Slaves? Are you fucking kidding me?! What in the hell has happened around here?! :dizzy:hang

SequSpur
08-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Slaves? Are you fucking kidding me?! What in the hell has happened around here?! :dizzy:hang

:lmao

Exactly.

anakha
08-25-2008, 10:31 PM

Just your typical ST meltdown. Move along, nothing to see here.

underdawg
08-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Manu's going to be fine just because that's who he is. The comparison to G. Hill is invalid b/c Hill never had the heart Manu has. That said - you can't underestimate the damage to one's psyche that an injury like this does. Hopefully, Manu heals quickly and hopefully it doesn't affect his confidence. It didn't seem to in the Olympics, but now that it happened again he might be affected by it. He'll be fine, but I think it's naive to think he'll be the same after these two injuries (or continuation of the same injury.) If he rebounds to be as good or better than he was before, his legend just grows.

DPG21920
08-25-2008, 11:15 PM
Grant Hill had a good year last year...

MrChug
08-25-2008, 11:21 PM
You don't sell low and buy high in business son...

Bigzax
08-26-2008, 12:32 AM
i don't know how many have said it already, but this is just a blessing in disguise...we would all love to put manu on ice til mid march anyway...now, hopefully, he gets rest/surgery and we get our wish and a 100% gino in april, may, and june...

gospursgo.

Negrito8
08-26-2008, 12:36 AM
spurs miss the playoffs.

Bigzax
08-26-2008, 12:43 AM
if they can't even get a 6th-8th seed without manu, then td and tp will have been exposed for being weak ass players...

playoffs should be a guarantee...manu or not...

IronMexican
08-26-2008, 12:46 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3026~1021~25~575~3040~272~874~ 617~1016~2027&teams=13~23~13~13~24~13~2~23~24~2&te=&cash=

DPG21920
08-26-2008, 12:51 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3026~1021~25~575~3040~272~874~ 617~1016~2027&teams=13~23~13~13~24~13~2~23~24~2&te=&cash=

That was funny, thanks I have laughed like that since I was a little girl

IronMexican
08-26-2008, 12:54 AM
That was funny, thanks I have laughed like that since I was a little girl

:lol np.

you can tell this is old because ron ron is a king in the trade.

v2freak
08-26-2008, 07:49 AM
Poll can't get more objective than that.

Ass Cream
08-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Manu needs to go back to Argentina.

I'm tired of him.

Kori Ellis
08-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Manu needs to go back to Argentina.

I'm tired of him.

You can sign back into your regular screen name, or go to the Troll Forum - thanks.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Instead of trying to prolong his career he's trying to play with serious injuries, ala Grant Hill.

Grant Hill has had five surgeries to basically reconstruct his left ankle over the years, including having plates and screws inserted, and bones removed. As far as we know at this point Manu has some ligament damage that will just require rest to heal. You really sound like a typical cliff-jumping Spurs fan with that comment. Comparing Hill to Ginobili is premature at best.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-26-2008, 11:48 AM
The spurs do not win a title without a healthy Manu. Those days are long gone, so next best thing was to find a replacement, but now it's too late.

And that one.

JudynTX
08-26-2008, 11:56 AM
I wish all this Trade Manu nonsense would stop. :(

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-26-2008, 11:57 AM
I remember Grant Hill's first ankle injury. It was crippling. He had to have surgery and he was out for a year. Manu's is a lot different and people shouldn't panic at this point. He's not getting any younger, that part is true, and if you were arguing a trade based on getting younger I might be more sympathetic to your crusade. I don't think this ankle injury is going to effectively end his career like Grant Hill's did because he's not in nearly as bad of shape as Grant was.

vander
04-06-2009, 07:58 PM
you don't have to believe it now if you don't want to. just wait and see for yourself

now you have seen for yourself :lol

SA210
04-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Damn, I didn't get to vote! Here's how I feel.

Injuries happen in sports, it's a bummer but it's just the way it is. Get well soon Manu!

Oh, Gee!!
04-06-2009, 09:23 PM
the spurs could trade him, but they won't get shit in return. manu isn't a spring chicken anymore and he has bum ankles.

Spursone
04-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Trade him, he is of little value now, I think we will keep him to the end, kinda like a marriage.:wakeup

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Manu's value is the same..IF he was healthy, we wouldn't trade him, so that's irrelevant..if he's traded, it will be to get value for his expiring contract next year..

we probably wouldn't get somebody with Manu's talent, but we can get an impact player in return..

Mal
04-06-2009, 09:56 PM
I love that guy. Wish him a lot of health. Don`t dare trade him. Give him to play in last year of contract and will see what happen

mexicanjunior
04-06-2009, 10:53 PM
I had advocated trading him when his trade value was high and we could bring in some players of equal skill. He is damaged goods now, I don't think he would garner much in return at this point.

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2009, 11:05 PM
he would bring in the same return as if he was healthy..

our best bet is to deal with a bad team that would want him STRICTLY for his contract..a lot of the teams in this league aren't trying to win, but are trying to save money instead..

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-06-2009, 11:36 PM
now you have seen for yourself :lol

Dude, quit gloating...if you were a true Spurs fan you would rather be proven wrong than proven right, yet you're giddy at bad news about Manu.

holcs50
04-07-2009, 12:46 AM
This polls stupid. Obviously just emphasizing your point. How bout a real poll where the options are
1. Get well soon manu, we will need you healthy for a run in 09-10 and an extension after that
2. Manu, we've appreciated all you've done over the years but your injuries the last two years are serious and its time to move on-trade manu.
3. Keep manu thru 09-10 and then release him

I mean this is how I look at it. No other teams this summer are going to want to trade for manu anyways with his last few years, so trading now would be dumb. So we let him heal obviously, he comes back hopefully healthy, and we see what else we can add over the Summer. If things look all good and the team clicks we might as well keep him thru the season. My pick is 3-no matter what happens next year-hopefully we do very well maybe a chip-and manu is completely healthy-but we let him walk after that. Ankle problems are a tricky thing and ill be very surprised if we ever see that same manu again.....maybe a close one but not completely the same.

Rogue
04-07-2009, 05:58 AM
sons, God bless...

quickerblade
04-07-2009, 06:22 AM
what kind of fans are you guys? pathetic, this dude helped with rings for san anotonio, he gets hurt then gets dissed by so called spurs loyalists, you guys are pathetic.

Rogue
04-07-2009, 06:38 AM
what kind of fans are you guys? pathetic, this dude helped with rings for san anotonio, he gets hurt then gets dissed by so called spurs loyalists, you guys are pathetic.
son it's just kind of an outlet for reliefing their rage to rant about trading Manu, any talk about trading Manu is always treated as nobrain bs except when the spurs fans are pissed or drunk.

Surely the spurs won't have any chance to surprise us by kicking Lakers or mavs outta the playoffs with Manu done, but they're still more than capable to wipe out any other playoff team like the circus rockets.

rascal
04-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Good call on Manu, vander.

ATXSPUR
04-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Manu is a really nice guy. I love his personality and I love all that he has done for this team. But I said it a thousand thousand thousand thousand times after the Laker series. Trade him while we can still get something for him. It's over now. We got our share of rings...and we should be thankful for them. Who ever would of thought after MJ won his sixth ring that just a decade later the Spurs could say they had more rings than any other team except three? Not only that but they now have an argument to be considered the third best NBA franchise of all time. That is HUGE! It would have been nice to see Duncan go out with one but our front office combined with Pop losing his touch just won't let it be.

jalberto
04-07-2009, 03:46 PM
I posted the result of this poll in Manuginobil.com forum:
http://www.manuginobili.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23027&start=4560

Manu saw it and asked me to thank you all for your understanding and support. It is an unfortunate situation that he believes has nothing to do with his participation in the Olympic Games. Different things in different legs.
If there is any doubt or question, you are invited to participate soon in "Preguntas a Manu" a section where , from time to time, Manu let us ask him questions.

Thanks!!

DaBears
04-07-2009, 04:06 PM
I'd like to ask Manu a question" Why does it seem of late that TD is playing like a pansy, not going after balls i just watched a YOUTUBE video of Duncan tearing it up from just 2 years ago. Dunking 2-handed offensive rebounding, blocking out on fast breaks, taking league by storm!!!!!! What happened to HIM. i see him on court and his body language looks like he's had enough, settle for off balance turning into the lane shooting from the wrong hand into the face of the defense and getting blaocked.

Come on DUNCAN!! YOUR BETTER THAN THAT!!!!!!!!!! 17pts 9.1rbs, 1 blk is not going to get it DONE.

GET BACK YOUR AGGRESSION and lay it on the rest of the NBA, for counting us OUT..

Concerned fan

DaBears
04-07-2009, 04:16 PM
I now what he has done for the franchise in the past, but we dont live in the past. We live in the here & now.
So pull your head out of ur ass and start kicking some................

duncan228
04-07-2009, 05:19 PM
I'd like to ask Manu a question" Why does it seem of late that TD is playing like a pansy, not going after balls i just watched a YOUTUBE video of Duncan tearing it up from just 2 years ago. Dunking 2-handed offensive rebounding, blocking out on fast breaks, taking league by storm!!!!!! What happened to HIM. i see him on court and his body language looks like he's had enough, settle for off balance turning into the lane shooting from the wrong hand into the face of the defense and getting blaocked.

Come on DUNCAN!! YOUR BETTER THAN THAT!!!!!!!!!! 17pts 9.1rbs, 1 blk is not going to get it DONE.

GET BACK YOUR AGGRESSION and lay it on the rest of the NBA, for counting us OUT..

Concerned fan

I now what he has done for the franchise in the past, but we dont live in the past. We live in the here & now.
So pull your head out of ur ass and start kicking some................

Duncan is injured. What do you expect him to do on two fucked-up knees? A lessor player wouldn't even be playing, much less giving you all he can on any given night. The pain is a matter of severity. Some nights he can go stronger, some nights he can't. Until the pain eases up you're not going to see the Duncan of two years ago. You're not going to see the Duncan of earlier this season.

Accept that he's hurt or don't watch. Save yourself the upset.

4down
04-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Manu is a really nice guy. I love his personality and I love all that he has done for this team. But I said it a thousand thousand thousand thousand times after the Laker series. Trade him while we can still get something for him. It's over now. We got our share of rings...and we should be thankful for them. Who ever would of thought after MJ won his sixth ring that just a decade later the Spurs could say they had more rings than any other team except three? Not only that but they now have an argument to be considered the third best NBA franchise of all time. That is HUGE! It would have been nice to see Duncan go out with one but our front office combined with Pop losing his touch just won't let it be.

Ok genius. Who would you have traded him for? After the Laker series, WHO did you propose trading him FOR? I see no names in your post, buy I can all but guarantee you the people you would have wanted to trade for are either unrealistic options or not fair value. Would you sell a Ferrari thats missing a wheel for 5000 bucks on craigslist?

How 'bout we do nothing, be patient, play the hand we're dealt and we get MANU FREAKING GINOBILI in return next season? I'd be happy with that, plus Wallace. And we kick Finley and Vaughn up to the coaching staff. Oh wait, I forgot about Finley's option. D'oh!

Muser
04-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Duncan is injured. What do you expect him to do on two fucked-up knees? A lessor player wouldn't even be playing, much less giving you all he can on any given night. The pain is a matter of severity. Some nights he can go stronger, some nights he can't. Until the pain eases up you're not going to see the Duncan of two years ago. You're not going to see the Duncan of earlier this season.

Accept that he's hurt or don't watch. Save yourself the upset.

I second that.

Two fucked-up knees or not though, we all know duncan will beast it up in the Playoffs.

Spursmania
04-09-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm bumping this thread.