PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Foreign NBA Players

duncan228
08-24-2008, 11:35 PM
With Manu and Parker here, I had to post it. Oberto even gets an honorable mention. :lol

Top Ten Foreign NBA Players (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/50591-top-ten-foreign-nba-players)

With the Olympics coming to a close, and the Redeem Team finally claiming their gold medal, I was inspired to write on the top ten foreign players in the NBA,

Players who attended college in the U.S. are not up for consideration. When you don't see Steve Nash, Andrew Bogut, Sarunas Jasikevicius, Samuel Dalembert, and others on this list, now you know why.

As with other top-ten lists, this of course will come with much debate, but I ask that you simply argue your point for a player that you want on the list, and not insult my intelligence.

10. Mehmet Okur (Utah Jazz/Turkey)

Mehmet Okur is an international player from Turkey. He has somewhat of an inside game, but his strength is his mid-range jump shot, which he can extend beyond the arc whenever he pleases.

Okur is 6'11", and can play both the center and power-forward positions. For a big man, he is a good free-throw shooter with a career average of 79 percent.

Okur is a one-time NBA All-Star. However, he barely makes the cut because for some reason, he has been non-existent in the playoffs.

9. Zydrunas Ilgauskas (Cleveland Cavaliers/Lithuania)

If not for being injury plagued for the first few seasons of his career, Big Z might have one or two more All-Star appearances.

One good thing about Z is that he is consistent. He always puts up about fourteen or more points for the Cleveland Cavaliers on a nightly basis.

Ilgauskas' only weakness, in my opinion, is that despite being 7'3", he doesn't get many rebounds, with a career average of 7.9 RPG. Despite this, he is the Cavaliers all-time leading offensive rebounder.

Even though he and Ben Wallace are well into their thirties, I think they make a good defensive duo that could give Cleveland a shot to win the east—especially with the amount of uncertainty in the conference. Big Z could also make another All-Star appearance before everything is all said and done.

8. Peja Stojakovic (New Orleans Hornets/Serbia)

Peja is past his days as a star player in Sacramento—however, that doesn't mean he isn't a great second option for the New Orleans Hornets.

Peja could still be a first option on many teams in the NBA. His numbers have gotten considerably lower since his days in Sacramento (only 16.4 PPG last year), but with his outside shooting presence, Peja is a nice asset for Chris Paul and the Hornets when he is healthy.

The 6'10" forward is not much of a passer, but he can snatch down his fair share of rebounds, and he has made 90 percent of the free throws that he has taken in his career.

7. Hedo Turkoglu/Orlando Magic/Turkey

Hedo Turkoglu has always been a good role player for the teams he has played for. Last year, Hedo had his breakout season.

It was no surprise when he was named the NBA's Most Improved Player. He played and started all 82 games last year, and his scoring average was just under 20 PPG. It was a shame that he was snubbed from the All-Star Game last year.

Although he is nearing thirty years of age, don't expect Hedo to slow down anytime soon. If Orlando makes a run in the east, he will surely be instrumental, along with Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson.

6. Manu Ginobili (San Antonio Spurs/Argentina)

Manu Ginobili is one of the best international players to ever set foot on an NBA court. Not many people who are chosen second-to-last in the NBA Draft (57th overall in 1999) become an NBA All-Star.

Ginobili managed to make the All-NBA Third Team last year while averaging 19.5 PPG. He did all this while coming off the bench. It's no surprise that he was named Sixth Man of the Year last season.

Manu has been an important key to San Anotino's championship runs during this decade, and it looks as if it will remain that way until he decides to retire from basketball.

5. Leandro Barbosa (Phoenix Suns/Brazil)

Leandro Barbosa is only twenty-five years old, and shows a huge amount of upside. He serves as a back-up point guard to All-Star and former-MVP Steve Nash.

Despite this, Barbosa managed to average 18 points per game in 2006-07 and 15 in 2007-08.

Barbosa is the kind of guy that could be starting for many teams in the league. Once he becomes a full-time starter, he could be a league leader in scoring.

4. Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks/Germany)

By all means, Dirk should really be number one on this list. However, despite being the best player in the history of the Dallas Mavericks, Dallas is one of the most inconsistent teams in the NBA.

Dallas has been a mainstay in the playoffs for the last eight years, and they have one Western Conference title and no rings to show for it. They usually end up with one of the best win totals in the league, and yet they are consistently sent out in the first round or the Western Finals.

Dirk is one of the best-shooting big men in NBA history. It is not surprising that he totals 100 blocks and 100 three-pointers in the same season, all while averaging 23 points and eight rebounds.

Dirk's high scoring average, along with other stats, tends to stay the same during the playoffs—yet somehow, he is virtually invisible. He also seems to lack confidence in his teammates.

Dirk was the first foreign-born player in the NBA to win the MVP award, in 2007. The seven-footer accepted the award after the 67-win Mavericks lost in the first round to the eighth-seeded Golden State Warriors.

3. Tony Parker (San Antonio Spurs/France)

Anybody who can win an NBA Finals MVP award over Tim Duncan is definitely a great player in my book.

While he may not average the most assists, Parker can get his share of rebounds as a point guard, and also consistently averages somewhere just under 20 points per game. He also maintains a high field-goal percentage for a guard.

In the playoffs, Parker's numbers always get better. Along with Ginobili and Tim Duncan, he has also played a key role in delivering three out of four of San Antonio's NBA Championships.

Look for Parker to be a candidate for his third All-Star game this year.

2. Pau Gasol (Los Angeles Lakers/Spain)

The best thing the Lakers could ever have done was get rid of the biggest flop in NBA history. They gave away a sub-par player in Kwame Brown for perennial All-Star Gasol.

A former NBA Rookie of the Year, Pau played an important part in the Lakers' run to the NBA Finals last year, although they were beaten by Boston.

Gasol is a good compliment to Kobe Bryant. He can score, get rebounds, and block the ball—and he has a high field-goal percentage. With Andrew Bynum returning, Gasol, Kobe, and the Lakers should make another deep run in the playoffs next year.

1. Yao Ming (Houston Rockets/China)

Yao Ming has been named an All-Star every year that he has been in the league, but has only played in five out of six years, due to injury.

For the first few years of Yao's career, Charles Barkley said his selection was simply the high population of the Chinese voting him as a starter year after year. I agreed with that statement at first. However, as the years have passed, Yao has become a better player, and now deserves his All-Star accolades.

Yao's only weakness is his lanky body for his height. Yao often gets pushed around by other centers, and doesn't get nearly the numbers that a 7'5" NBA center should get.

Yao is the the most valuable player for the Rockets, and I'm sure that the Rockets would have made it past the first round last year if he was not injured. With a healthy Yao, look for Tracy McGrady to finally make it past the first round of the playoffs.

Honorable Mentions: Andrei Kirilenko, Luis Scola, Jose Calderon, Andrea Bargnani, Fabricio Oberto, Nene, Yi Jianlian, Andres Nocioni

lefty
08-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Okur is just a big jump shooter

" A big man ? " :lmao

And Oberto ? :wtf

Barbosette, Dirk, Pau and TP ranked higher than Manu ???????????? :donkey

m33p0
08-24-2008, 11:42 PM
6. Manu Ginobili (San Antonio Spurs/Argentina)
5. Leandro Barbosa (Phoenix Suns/Brazil)

what?!?

lefty
08-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Ok, who came up with that list??????????????????

E20
08-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Um....yeah.....................ugh that list sort of.................fails.

birdy219
08-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Any ranking of Barbosa over Manu is complete crap. Also, Dirk is better than Pau. They just love the Fakers no matter what. Who wrote this crap?:rolleyes

ludda
08-24-2008, 11:46 PM
HAHA Barbosa over Manu??

Pau at #2??

Yao at #1?? By his logic for Dirk, Yao should be last. And Manu and TP first and second.

lefty
08-24-2008, 11:48 PM
TP over Manu ??????????????

dirk4mvp
what the fuck?

ElNono
What, no Scola?

(just kidding :lol)

dirk4mvp
08-24-2008, 11:49 PM
Okur is just a big jump shooter

" A big man ? " :lmao

And Oberto ? :wtf

Barbosette, Dirk, Pau and TP ranked higher than Manu ???????????? :donkey

You're an idiot if you think Dirk is not better than Manu.

lefty
08-24-2008, 11:50 PM
You're an idiot if you think Dirk is not better than Manu.

Dirk = softy, mostly jump-shooter, choker, boring, losing respect

Manu = tough, versatile, clutch, spectacular, respected

dirk4mvp
08-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Um, anybody who's not a homer spurfan (you) would say Dirk. It's not really close.

dirk4mvp
08-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Dirk = softy, mostly jump-shooter, choker, boring, losing respect

how cliche. faggot.

lefty
08-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Um, anybody who's not a homer spurfan (you) would say Dirk. It's not really close.

Your nickname is the epitome of homerism

dirk4mvp
08-24-2008, 11:56 PM
o right, having favorite player in sn = homer.

dirk4mvp
Dirk >>>>>>> Manu

lefty
I still remember the last time we played Dallas without Tim (2007-2008) : Manu went for 37 pts, and Dirk threw a weird shot at the end of the game.
Spurs win

'nuff said

dirk4mvp
08-24-2008, 11:58 PM
I still remember the last time we played Dallas without Tim (2007-2008) : Manu went for 37 pts, and Dirk threw a weird shot at the end of the game.
Spurs win

'nuff said

Gotdamn. That's the shittiest example somebody could come up with. If you want to see some examples of Dirk and manu going head to head, I can think of one that cost the spurs a playoff series.

dirk4mvp
08-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Spurs win

'nuff said

Do you remember Dirk putting up 37 against the spurs in game 7?

lefty
08-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Gotdamn. That's the shittiest example somebody could come up with. If you want to see some examples of Dirk and manu going head to head, I can think of one that cost the spurs a playoff series.

That one?

Both Manu and Crawford cost us the series

ducks
08-25-2008, 12:00 AM
strange list

tp over dirk?
paul gasol over tp?
gasol over dirk??

manu's value is going to go down on some people list because in the wcf he sucked he played one good game
he was hurt but most people only rember that

dirk4mvp
08-25-2008, 12:01 AM
That one?

Both Manu and Crawford cost us the series

:flypig

whottt
08-25-2008, 12:02 AM
At least they didn't list Duncan as a foreign player.....which they usually do now.

lefty
08-25-2008, 12:03 AM
:flypig

Ok I'll give you that one :rolleyes

So the score is : Manu 3
Dirk 1

lefty
08-25-2008, 12:04 AM
strange list

tp over dirk?
paul gasol over tp?
gasol over dirk??

manu's value is going to go down on some people list because in the wcf he sucked he played one good game
he was hurt but most people only rember that

+1

duncan228
08-25-2008, 12:06 AM
At least they didn't list Duncan as a foreign player.....which they usually do now.

:lol That's the reason I read it in the first place. I expected Duncan to be on it.

Manu-of-steel
08-25-2008, 12:08 AM

manu- 3 nba rings, 1 olympic ring, 1 euroleague mvp
dirk- nil, nada, zero, 1 finals appearance in which his team lead 2-0 but still beaten by wade and a fat o'neal.

dirk4mvp
08-25-2008, 12:14 AM
dirk- nil, nada, zero, 1 finals appearance in which his team lead 2-0 but still beaten by wade and a fat o'neal.

dirk as a player >>> manu as a player

E20
08-25-2008, 12:19 AM
Based on individual talents and statistics Dirk is better than Manu. However, Manu has accomplished more and has that winner's edge and desire.

IronMexican
08-25-2008, 12:20 AM
Dirk > Pau

Dirk > Manu

carina_gino20
08-25-2008, 12:23 AM
I stopped reading at 6. Ginobili, 5. Barbosa. :vomit:

Typhoon
08-25-2008, 12:27 AM
Epic fail.

E20
08-25-2008, 12:29 AM
Here is my list:
1) Dirk Nowitzki
Former MVP, carries the Mavericks on a nightly basis, sucks that he is surrounded by garbage.
2) Yao Ming
Yao had an incredible season 25ppg and 10 rpg, he got injured so Dirk outplayed him for the whole season
3) Tony Parker
Tony had a solid season and was the former finals MVP
4) Manu Ginobili
If Manu was not injured and played better in the WCF he'd be number 3, he had a fantastic season posting highs in everything got a sixth man and all 3rd NBA. Actually in my mind he is number 3, but I don't want to yelled at for being a Manu homer.
5) Hedo Turkogulu
Breakout season MIP.
6)Pau Gasol
He's a good player.
7)Peja
Had a good season, playoffs he ran into bowen LMAO ROFL
8)AK47
This seems right for him
9)Chris Kaman
He's forgien right?
10)Zydranus Illguaskas

If Kaman isn't considered foriegn then put Z at 9 and Okur at 10 or Barbosa. Barbosa or Okur didn't really impress me that much this season. Maybe switch Pau and hedo

carina_gino20
08-25-2008, 12:36 AM
MMX3niqRi-s

Dramon
08-25-2008, 12:43 AM
Here is my list:
1) Dirk Nowitzki
Former MVP, carries the Mavericks on a nightly basis, sucks that he is surrounded by garbage.
2) Yao Ming
Yao had an incredible season 25ppg and 10 rpg, he got injured so Dirk outplayed him for the whole season
3) Tony Parker
4) Manu Ginobili
If Manu was not injured and played better in the WCF he'd be number 3, he had a fantastic season posting highs in everything got a sixth man and all 3rd NBA. Actually in my mind he is number 3, but I don't want to yelled at for being a Manu homer.
5) Hedo Turkogulu
Breakout season MIP.
6)Pau Gasol
He's a good player.
7)Peja
8)AK47
This seems right for him
9)Chris Kaman
He's forgien right?
10)Zydranus Illguaskas

If Kaman isn't considered foriegn then put Z at 9 and Okur at 10 or Barbosa. Barbosa or Okur didn't really impress me that much this season. Maybe switch Pau and hedo

HAHAHAHAHAHA WOW. Awesome, just awesome.

E20
08-25-2008, 12:47 AM
I don't get what's so funny. They've been including Duncan in these foreign lists for quite some time now and he was born a US citzen and so was Chris kaman and he played for GERMANY so that would automatically make him more foreign than Tim Duncan who played for Team USA.

whottt
08-25-2008, 01:02 AM
It is awesome. Best E20 post ever.

Texas_Ranger
08-25-2008, 01:05 AM
This List Sucks!

honestfool84
08-25-2008, 01:09 AM
pau gasol wrote this list..

Allanon
08-25-2008, 01:14 AM
Here is my list:
1) Dirk Nowitzki
2) Yao Ming
3) Tony Parker
4) Manu Ginobili
5) Hedo Turkogulu
Breakout season MIP.
6)Pau Gasol
He's a good player.
7)Peja
8)AK47
This seems right for him
9)Chris Kaman
He's forgien right?
10)Zydranus Illguaskas

Close.

5. Pau >>>>>> 6. Hedo

Manu on good wheels > Tony Parker

The old Peja from Sacramento would have ranked higher.

Most of the top 5 are pretty close A-List players but it drops to B-List starting with Hedo

E20
08-25-2008, 01:15 AM
It is awesome. Best E20 post ever.

Whottt I'm just going by what American writers have been labeling Duncan for over 5 years now, if Duncan is labeled foreign by being a US Citzen by birth and playing for Team USA, then by logic Chris Kaman is foreign.

Brox6
08-25-2008, 01:16 AM
Manu only at 6 :ihit:ihit:ihit

IronMexican
08-25-2008, 01:17 AM
Close.

5. Pau >>>>>> 6. Hedo

Manu on good wheels > Tony Parker

The old Peja from Sacramento would have ranked higher.

Most of the top 5 are pretty close A-List players but it drops to B-List starting with Hedo

02-03, 03-04 Peja is top 3.

whottt
08-25-2008, 01:19 AM
Whottt I'm just going by what American writers have been labeling Duncan for over 5 years now, if Duncan is labeled foreign by being a US Citzen by birth and playing for Team USA, then by logic Chris Kaman is foreign.

I agree with you..in fact I hope your philosphy is adopted and Chris Kaman is listed as an international player for the rest of his career. I think that'd be awesome. :tu

Kamnik
08-25-2008, 01:22 AM
Dirk and Barbosa rankings are so wrong it makes me think the write was on drugs.

Not to mention some of his comments make no sence at all.

E20
08-25-2008, 01:22 AM
I agree with you..in fact I hope your philosphy is adopted and Chris Kaman is listed as an international player for the rest of his career. I think that'd be awesome.
Your sarcasm is reeking through my monitor.

Not my philosophy. I am going by the percieved accepted philosophy for 5 years. If you want to thank somebody thank the AMERICAN sports writers for labeling duncan foreign. Fuck becky hammon is foreign as well.

Just FYI, I'm well aware that I made a huge fuck up by puttin kaman on that list LOL I'm seeing if I can save something here.

Dramon
08-25-2008, 01:23 AM
I agree with you..in fact I hope your philosphy is adopted and Chris Kaman is listed as an international player for the rest of his career. I think that'd be awesome. :tu
How would that be for karma.

whottt
08-25-2008, 01:49 AM
Your sarcasm is reeking through my monitor.

Not my philosophy. I am going by the percieved accepted philosophy for 5 years. If you want to thank somebody thank the AMERICAN sports writers for labeling duncan foreign. Fuck becky hammon is foreign as well.

Just FYI, I'm well aware that I made a huge fuck up by puttin kaman on that list LOL I'm seeing if I can save something here.

I'm not being sarcastic at all. I think it's legitimately awesome. IF you are ever uncertain about this sort of thing, just ask.

I'm not being sarcastic and I agree with you :tu

I wish I had thought of doing it.

mystargtr34
08-25-2008, 01:49 AM
1. Dirk

2. Yao
3. TP
4. Manu
5. Gasol

E20
08-25-2008, 01:58 AM
I'm not being sarcastic at all. I think it's legitimately awesome. IF you are ever uncertain about this sort of thing, just ask.

I'm not being sarcastic and I agree with you :tu

I wish I had thought of doing it.

Well then.............................................. ..carry on.

mathbzh
08-25-2008, 03:49 AM

It is funny how you have listed euroleague MVP for manu... and nil/nada/zero for Dirk:lol

mathbzh
08-25-2008, 03:53 AM
1. Dirk
2. Yao
3. TP / Manu (Manu is more talented, Tony is more consistent)
5. Gasol

timtonymanu
08-25-2008, 03:56 AM
wow... barbosa over manu. manu has accomplished alot more.

imo, it should be:
1. dirk
2. manu
3. yao
4. tp
5. pau

cly2tw
08-25-2008, 04:01 AM
I'm a Suns fan so I know that Barbosa over Manu is a real joke.

roycrikside
08-25-2008, 04:04 AM
Your Definitive List:

1. Nowitzki
2. Yao
3. Ginobili
4. Gasol
5. Parker
6. Turkoglu
7. Calderon
8. Kirilenko
9. Okur
10. Scola

I left off one dimensional scorers like Barbosa and Stojakovic. Also missing the cut were Ilgauskas and Nocioni, who had an off year. Look out for Fernandez next year.

Ghazi
08-25-2008, 04:42 AM
There is no question about Dirk being the best international player in the NBA, unless we count Tim Duncan has a foreign player as well. Some of the trolls prior who tried to say Manu > Dirk fail horribly.

Vito Corleone
08-25-2008, 04:48 AM
My list would look like this
1. Dirk
2. Yao
3. TPark
4. Manu
5. Gasol
6. Peja
7. Big Z
8. Barbosa
9. Turkey Glu
10 Okur

Magic_Johnson
08-25-2008, 05:05 AM

yeak dirk should be 1, and i agree it's not even close.

Magic_Johnson
08-25-2008, 05:09 AM
1 Dirk
2 Yao
3 TP
4 Manu
5 Gasol
6 Peja
7 Hedo
8 Kirilenko
9 Calderon
10 okur

century
08-25-2008, 06:13 AM
That list sucks ass.

Darthkiller
08-25-2008, 06:34 AM
this thread is the fail.

Okur did better than in the playoff than he did in regular season, how is that non exist in playoff.

kobyz
08-25-2008, 07:06 AM
Deng have to be in the top 5

spursfan09
08-25-2008, 07:11 AM

ouch.....

Pero
08-25-2008, 07:15 AM
Any list that has Andrea Bustnani as an honorable mention as the best foreign player in the NBA and no mention of Jose Calderon is worthless. Heck, Beno and Rasho are better than Bargnani. I wonder if the writer said to not insult his intelligence because he already knew the article he wrote was totally stupid.

Pero
08-25-2008, 07:16 AM
Oops, there is Calderon, I missed him. But it's stupid anyway. :lol

Supergirl
08-25-2008, 07:54 AM
Yeah, putting Barbosa above Manu is just criminal. And putting Gasol that high on the list is RIDUCULOUS. Both errors make the whole list meaningless, IMO.

Josepatches
08-25-2008, 08:15 AM
Puting parker that high on the list is wrong too.

1 Dirk
2 Yao
3 Manu
4 Pau
5 Parker/Calderon

SenorSpur
08-25-2008, 08:19 AM
A very well=compiled list.

The first issue I have is that Manu should not be ranked behind Dirk on any list. Both his international and NBA resume support him being ranked as one of the top two or three foreign players of all-time.

The second issue I have is with the selections of Oberto and Nene for honorable mention consideration. To date, neither has done much in the NBA - especially Oberto. His name should never, ever been mentioned in the same sentence as one fo the top foreign NBA players. While he's very smart and sound, he's unathletic, low-skilled, and rarely impacts a game. Nene is an overpaid, overhyped and at times overweight frontline player.

lotr1trekkie
08-25-2008, 08:27 AM
How many rings or Olympic medals does Dirk have after a decade in the league? 0! How manu for Manu? 5!!!!!

Pero
08-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Dirk led germany to bronze in the world championship and he has an NBA MVP award. Only homers think Ginobili is better than Dirk. He is a greater winner though.

ceperez
08-25-2008, 09:10 AM
I guess what you mean here about 'Foreign' is not North American?!

If it were not, Steve Nash (2 time MVP) should likely be in the list.

Van Gundy had an idea of playing U.S. versus Foreign team for the All Star game. It'll be a lot more interesting than east/west because they'll be a lot more pride at stake.

Who would be in this list and would they top the best U.S. team? Here's mine:

C - Yao Ming
PF - Dirk Nowitzki
SF - Peja Stojakovic
SG - Manu Ginobli
G - Steve Nash

Backups

C - Z. Ilgauskus
PF - Pau Gasol
SF - Andrei Kirlenko
SG - Hedo Turkoglu
G - Tony Parker

Reserve
Leondro Barbossa
Luol Deng
Samuel Dalambert

Definitely an even chance to top the best U.S. team.

Demo Dick Marcinko
08-25-2008, 11:28 AM

The first issue I have is that Manu should not be ranked behind Dirk on any list. Both his international and NBA resume support him being ranked as one of the top two or three foreign players of all-time.

The second issue I have is with the selections of Oberto and Nene for honorable mention consideration. To date, neither has done much in the NBA - especially Oberto. His name should never, ever been mentioned in the same sentence as one fo the top foreign NBA players. While he's very smart and sound, he's unathletic, low-skilled, and rarely impacts a game. Nene is an overpaid, overhyped and at times overweight frontline player.

+1 Manu should not be ranked behind Dirk, period. Based on personal and team accomplishments he could be ranked #1. We know what Manu meant to us in '05 and look how far the Spurs made it with and ailing Manu this year. Now based on potential Yao would be #1, but he can never stay healthy long enough to prove it.

And just because Scola was a rookie last year, he had very good numbers and he helped McGrady carry the rockets while Yao was hurt last year. He's certainly better then Kamen. I'd say Scola is #10 or right outside the top 10.

Magic_Johnson
08-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Dirk led germany to bronze in the world championship and he has an NBA MVP award. Only homers think Ginobili is better than Dirk. He is a greater winner though.

not fair, dirk is the only good player in his NT, and the mavs are the mavs so..

Edit: sorry i quote the wrong post

Allanon
08-25-2008, 01:08 PM
not fair, dirk is the only good player in his NT, and the mavs are the mavs so..

+1

Manu hasn't even been as good as Tony and Tim Duncan (until last year but then his wheels came off). How can he be better than Dirk? As far as individual players go, Dirk >>> Manu. Manu just happens to have 2 MVPs on his team. Dirk gets to play with JWeed, OldKidd.

Germany as a team sucks outside of Dirk, he's a one man team. Kaman was just there for the fun. The fact that Germany even had a Olympic spot is amazing.

Argentina and Spain both have quite a few NBA quality players.

And yes Mavs are the Mavs so.......

dirk4mvp
08-25-2008, 01:15 PM
It is funny how you have listed euroleague MVP for manu... and nil/nada/zero for Dirk:lol

It's also funny that blind spurfans think manu is actually a better basketball player than Dirk.

The Franchise
08-25-2008, 02:02 PM
I like Manu but, he is not better than Dirk. Team accomplishments mean shit in this comparison, because Manu has the better team. Put Dirk at pf on the Spurs with Tim at C (minus Manu) and this team would be much more dominant. Manu is exciting to watch and has as much, or more heart than any player I've seen, but Dirk is better.

Thomas
08-25-2008, 02:21 PM
manu should be 1 or 2

Spurs Brazil
08-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Pathetic list

angel_luv
08-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Given his defense and work ethic, Rasho should at least get an honorable mention.

Pero
08-25-2008, 03:13 PM
+1

Manu hasn't even been as good as Tony and Tim Duncan (until last year but then his wheels came off). How can he be better than Dirk? As far as individual players go, Dirk >>> Manu. Manu just happens to have 2 MVPs on his team. Dirk gets to play with JWeed, OldKidd.

Are you kidding me?!?!?!? Not as good as Tony??? Oh wait, you're right, he was (perhaps still is) BETTER.

Trainwreck2100
08-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Gasol don't belong so high, Yao has the capability to be there but he injured every season so he shouldn't be there. Dirk is #1 he's the only guy on that list to be the #1 option and lead his team to the Finals. And Manu>TP

dirk4mvp
08-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Would you look at that? Some non biased posts from fans of teams other than the Spurs, and what was their answer.

dirk4mvp
08-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Given his defense and work ethic, Rasho should at least get an honorable mention.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

:sleep

Pero
08-25-2008, 03:44 PM

What are you laughing at? Rasho >>>>>>>>> Bargnani. And Bustnani got an honorable mention.

Texas_Ranger
08-25-2008, 03:55 PM

:madrun

You should see Rasho play for the National team.
He plays better than Oberto and Bargnani for sure. Then he can play better than Okur, Z, Nene or even Yao. He could also guard Dirk, but we dont need him for that when we have Smodis, who is playing great against Dirk ..... This year he just OWNED Dalembert and Sam is like one of 10 best centers in NBA now.

Tully365
08-25-2008, 03:55 PM
If Dirk shows any interest whatsoever in San Antonio in 2010, believe me, all the criticisms will go away, and all the homers will be crying to get him. And if they don't, those same homers will say the FO sucks for letting him get away.

wildchild
08-25-2008, 04:04 PM

C'mon dude! Oberto isn't an all stars :lol but maybe you lost a lot Spurs games in the regular season and playoffs like Nuggets-Spurs Utah-SAS 2007? Spurs-Hornets 2008?.
However the list's pathetic if Barbosa's ranked above Manu Ginobili :nope

ducks
08-25-2008, 04:11 PM
steve nash not top 10?

ambchang
08-25-2008, 04:43 PM
About the crappiest list that could be made.
Penalized Dirk for choking, which he didn't because his teammates did, and not Gasol? Yao Ming ranking #1 by having injuries after injuries? Barbosa over Manu?
The ranking is highly inconsistent, and just plain sucked.

Kriz-Maxima
08-25-2008, 05:15 PM
No way Barbosa is better than Manu and certainly no way Pau is better than Dirk.

birdy219
08-25-2008, 05:36 PM
The guy who wrote the list admitted his mistake in ranking Barbosa over Manu after comments that his list was idiotic because of this. So I guess I can cut him a little slack since he admitted his temporary lapse of sanity. :lol

SPURSGOAT
08-25-2008, 06:31 PM
This top 10 is a fucking joke! Manu should be in the top 3; easily.

jacobdrj
08-25-2008, 06:51 PM
the list names some of the right people, but has them all scrambled in the wrong wrong wrong order.

Biggems
08-25-2008, 08:38 PM
This list sucks.....any greatest international player list minus Uwe Blab, Zarko Paspaj, Carl Herrera, Darko Milicic and Mengke Bateer is a list i cannot endorse.....

DROB4EVER
08-25-2008, 08:47 PM
what?!?

I second that!! Manu should be no lower than 3 on that list. Barbosa shouldnt even be on the list.

jack sommerset
08-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Pathetic list

No shit. People just throw crap together.

oski1000
08-25-2008, 10:20 PM
manu>>dirk>tp>>gasol

Fillmoe
08-25-2008, 10:21 PM
lol @ fagnani being an honorable mention... that dudes horrible

SequSpur
08-25-2008, 10:32 PM
parker
ginobili
duncan
paspalj
herrera
beno
rasho
elson
white
brown

ALVAREZ6
08-25-2008, 10:38 PM
what a joke....yao is #1??

Allanon
08-25-2008, 10:44 PM
Are you kidding me?!?!?!? Not as good as Tony??? Oh wait, you're right, he was (perhaps still is) BETTER.

I think Manu was better than Tony last year. But before that, I think TP was a better NBA baller than Manu. Manu's a better international player.

If Manu wasn't injured, he would be better than Tony right now. But because he's injured and probably will be for many more months, TP is still bettah.

DROB4EVER
08-25-2008, 10:57 PM
How did Gasol get rated higher than tony or manu. The guy sucks balls. No one would take him over manu or tony

tlongII
08-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Rudy should be top 5.

underdawg
08-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Sorry - where's Rodman on this list? He was a foreigner/alien of some sort - right?

Texas_Ranger
08-26-2008, 12:31 AM
I think Duncan228 posted this wrong. The actual order can be viewed by clicking the link in her first post.

:lol
Gasol better than Manu, Parker and Nowitzki!!! :lol:lol

roycrikside
08-26-2008, 01:59 AM
I think Duncan228 posted this wrong. The actual order can be viewed by clicking the link in her first post.

That's fucked up. He did it just to get us riled up.

Kori Ellis
08-26-2008, 02:08 AM
That's fucked up. He did it just to get us riled up.

The blogger who wrote it changed the article. It was originally published as it is in the original post of this thread. I'm guessing they realized Barbosa shouldn't have been so high.

timvp
08-26-2008, 02:10 AM
People need to start understanding the BleacherReport has about as much credibility as HoopsWorld. Both are just places where people pull BS out of thin air to get hits.

Kori Ellis
08-26-2008, 02:10 AM
by Kevin
about 11 hours ago yeah it seems like everyone gets mad over someone elses opinions and also to all those who are mad over teh barbosa ginobili placing i already admitted to that mistake

Kori Ellis
08-26-2008, 02:12 AM
People need to start understanding the BleacherReport has about as much credibility as HoopsWorld. Both are just places where people pull BS out of thin air to get hits.

Yeah it's just like a forum. Anyone can sign up and write articles. Getting riled up about what's written there is useless. SpursTalk getting upset about a post there is like ESPN getting upset at a SequSpur post.

senorglory
08-26-2008, 02:26 AM
in no particular order:

Rasho
Beno
Splitter
Scola
Elson

senorglory
08-26-2008, 02:44 AM
Yao Ming is the best center in the NBA right now, which justifies his #1 spot on duncan228's list.

Pero
08-26-2008, 09:24 AM
I think Manu was better than Tony last year. But before that, I think TP was a better NBA baller than Manu. Manu's a better international player.

If Manu wasn't injured, he would be better than Tony right now. But because he's injured and probably will be for many more months, TP is still bettah.

Yeah because Tony was the main reason the Spurs won in 2005. :lol

Sorry but you are way wrong on this one. No one in his right mind would take Tony over Manu in the past years if you wanted to win now.

romain.star
08-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Yeah because Tony was the main reason the Spurs won in 2005. :lol

Sorry but you are way wrong on this one. No one in his right mind would take Tony over Manu in the past years if you wanted to win now.

yeah manu is way better than TP... happy now?

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-26-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm assuming that's a blog post? In today's internets anyone can be a writer.