PDA

View Full Version : First Day of School!

Sunshine
08-25-2008, 09:43 AM
Well, this morning I dropped my son off for his first day of high school. Not only is this his first day of high school, it's his first day in public school! He's a little nervous, but a lot excited. It was also the first day for this school to be open so all the students will be floundering a bit to find their way around campus, so at least he won't be alone there.

Now I have to decide whether to take a nap, watch the tv shows *I* want to watch, do laundry or just sit in the quietness for a bit.

Mixability
08-25-2008, 09:45 AM
I am NOT looking forward to my son starting pre-K next year. They're gonna have to throw me out of the class!

Sunshine
08-25-2008, 09:48 AM
I am NOT looking forward to my son starting pre-K next year. They're gonna have to throw me out of the class!

I wanted to go in with my son, but figured that'd be a bit much for HS :lol

Pre-k is tough. But I bet he does great.

SpursWoman
08-25-2008, 09:53 AM
My baby started middle school today, and I've been beside myself all morning trying not to cry. :cry

And my niece started kindergarten and I'm dying to know how that went ... and my brother won't answer the damn phone!!!

:madrun

I'm a wus, I admit it. :oops

Fillmoe
08-25-2008, 09:55 AM
I bet he gets his ass beat today...

AlamoSpursFan
08-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Little ASF started 5th grade today.

SpursWoman
08-25-2008, 10:00 AM

My son? Not hardly...he could kick your skinny ass. :ihit :lol

Trainwreck2100
08-25-2008, 10:01 AM
My son?

Not hardly ... he could kick your skinny ass. :ihit :lol

He was talking to sunshine

Twisted_Dawg
08-25-2008, 10:08 AM

You sick fuck.

SpursWoman
08-25-2008, 10:12 AM
He was talking to sunshine

I see ... my only concern about the well being of my son's ass would be because of his sister, who just started the 8th grade at the same school. :blah

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 10:27 AM
my youngest started Kinder and my eldest started 4th.

JoeChalupa
08-25-2008, 10:59 AM
My oldest is freshman this year and my youngest is in 4th this year.

angel_luv
08-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Well, this morning I dropped my son off for his first day of high school. Not only is this his first day of high school, it's his first day in public school! He's a little nervous, but a lot excited. It was also the first day for this school to be open so all the students will be floundering a bit to find their way around campus, so at least he won't be alone there.

Now I have to decide whether to take a nap, watch the tv shows *I* want to watch, do laundry or just sit in the quietness for a bit.

Blessings on your son at school and on you as you enjoy a day to yourself.
:)

angel_luv
08-25-2008, 11:06 AM
My roommate's son started pre-k today.

He was excited to start school because 1) he finally gets to wear the brand new jordan tennis shoes his mom bought him and 2) because I told him that the playground at big boy school is even larger and more awesome than the ones he used to.

:lol

Kip Dynamite
08-25-2008, 12:33 PM
My roommate's son started pre-k today.

Your mom started pre-k!

angel_luv
08-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Your mom started pre-k!

She started school but not as a student; she is an English teacher.

Melmart1
08-25-2008, 12:40 PM
My sister texted me a picture of my nephew dressed in his uniform for his first day at pre-k today. It is all he could talk about for the last two weeks, going to school. Too cute!

MoSpur
08-25-2008, 12:58 PM
My newphew started kinder today. He didn't cry, but my sister did. LOL

mrsmaalox
08-25-2008, 01:17 PM

Oh I know, my son's having his first day as a freshman too! But he was cool as a cucumber; I know he's gonna love it.
I opted for quietness, then nap, and now laundry; no TV but tons of LOUD classic rock!!

Shelly
08-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Mine started 10th and 7th today. They have worked my last nerve and I was telling them not to let the door hit them on the ass on the way out the door.

However, NISD's busing system wasn't up to par. Middle School son's bus was 40 minutes late and I ended up taking him to school. High School son's bus was also late and he and the neighbor kids caught a ride with someone, but by the time I saw the bus go by our house, it was also 40 minutes late. WTF?

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-25-2008, 01:41 PM
If any of you have any kids starting their first day at the University of Houston, I won't be held responsible if they come to my office with a stupid question and I strangle the life out them.

Leetonidas
08-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Not having to go to school anymore kicks ass.

Brutalis
08-25-2008, 02:01 PM
First time in public school and high school?

Wow mom! Next time just burn him in his sleep!

Sunshine
08-25-2008, 02:58 PM
My baby started middle school today, and I've been beside myself all morning trying not to cry. :cry

And my niece started kindergarten and I'm dying to know how that went ... and my brother won't answer the damn phone!!!

:madrun

I'm a wus, I admit it. :oops

Wow...I know it's been a few years, but I guess I still think of your kids as the ages they were when we first met!

Aren't we just chock full o' sunshine today!

Sunshine
08-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Blessings on your son at school and on you as you enjoy a day to yourself.

Thanks! I didn't do a flippin' thing except a load of laundry and made potato salad for dinner tonight...lol

Oh I know, my son's having his first day as a freshman too! But he was cool as a cucumber; I know he's gonna love it.
I opted for quietness, then nap, and now laundry; no TV but tons of LOUD classic rock!!

I thought about your son going off to HS today. Too bad mine and yours aren't going to the same school. Would have been nice to at least been able to meet someone before the first day. But you're right, I'm sure they're lovin' it!

angel_luv
08-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Thanks! I didn't do a flippin' thing except a load of laundry and made potato salad for dinner tonight...lol

Homemade potato salad? That sounds delicious!

Sunshine
08-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Mine started 10th and 7th today. They have worked my last nerve and I was telling them not to let the door hit them on the ass on the way out the door.

However, NISD's busing system wasn't up to par. Middle School son's bus was 40 minutes late and I ended up taking him to school. High School son's bus was also late and he and the neighbor kids caught a ride with someone, but by the time I saw the bus go by our house, it was also 40 minutes late. WTF?

HA! I was about tired of mine too. The constant bickering drives me nutso.

When I was driving my son to school at 8:30, I noticed a bunch of what looked like middle school kids waiting for the bus and thought WTF time are they gonna get to school??

First time in public school and high school?

Wow mom! Next time just burn him in his sleep!

His choice not to finish HS at a private school, so don't look at me!

Los Spurs
08-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Well, Congrats to all the Mom's who are enjoying their very much deserved time away from the kiddos. I myself wish I was a kid at school again.
I miss those Trapper Keeper days...

Sunshine
08-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Well, Congrats to all the Mom's who are enjoying their very much deserved time away from the kiddos. I myself wish I was a kid at school again.
I miss those Trapper Keeper days...

LOL

I was thinking about Trapper Keepers last night. Those were awesome.

angel_luv
08-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Now I really want some potato salad.

Did you happen to make any extra, Sunshine? :)

Ginofan
08-25-2008, 04:00 PM
I know most of you are talking of your children starting school again, but I started back at college today after a 6 year break and I'm actually excited about it. Woo!

Los Spurs
08-25-2008, 04:02 PM
what the heck's a trapper keeper? i was wondering yesterday at Office Max when I was buying my son's supplies. His school supply list had "3-ring binder, 2-inch (no trapper keeper)".

It's an 80's thing :lol

And who can forget the Kaepas :p:

Los Spurs
08-25-2008, 04:05 PM
no wonder. I never heard of them until yesterday. graduated HS in '77 though.

Back when books were tied with belts... J/K :p:

JudynTX
08-25-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm glad the spoiled brats are back in school.

Sunshine
08-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Now I really want some potato salad.

Did you happen to make any extra, Sunshine? :)

Well, yeah, but I kept getting it out of the fridge and eating spoonfuls so now there's just enough for dinner :lol

Sunshine
08-25-2008, 04:43 PM
I know most of you are talking of your children starting school again, but I started back at college today after a 6 year break and I'm actually excited about it. Woo!

Way to go!

Sunshine
08-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Back when books were tied with belts... J/K :p:

You know, I was thinking about backpacks, man bags, book bags etc last night and how they're essential for kids today, but when I was in school, we just carried our books. :lol

But we were also allowed to go to our lockers between classes if we had time and from what the kids tell me, you're not always allowed to do that, so you have to carry all your books around most of the day.

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-25-2008, 04:56 PM
First Day of School!

blew.

Slydragon
08-25-2008, 05:02 PM
My daughter started 1st grade today and she was not ready at all, I kept telling her 5,4,3,2,1 day left to school but she seemed to think it was a long way off and seemed caught off guard this morning. I told her to wake up for sch......and she cut me off and said "Don't say it!!!" all half way asleep. I lmao.

However once we got there and saw her room number and list she got super happy because the little girl across the street is finally in her class. They hope to be together for pre-k and kinder but were not.

ashbeeigh
08-25-2008, 05:02 PM

That's awesome! I' be stoked to go back again. Have fun!

It's an 80's thing :lol

And any binder that has velcro on it is probably what they were getting at. Those were the shit... until you had too much stuff to fit in them. 5 Star has 'em too.

I loved my Lisa Frank binders..holy cow. I wouldn't leave the house without it in Elementary school.

T Park
08-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Yeah you go to school that whole time, hate being there, now as an adult you want to go back :lol

angel_luv
08-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Well, yeah, but I kept getting it out of the fridge and eating spoonfuls so now there's just enough for dinner :lol

:lol Chinese Takeout it is then.

phyzik
08-25-2008, 09:13 PM
stupid 20mph zones again.... dammit.... whatever happened to darwinism and survival of the fitest? :p:

Johnny_Blaze_47
08-25-2008, 09:16 PM
Wow... no talk about the two incidents involving weapons and schools today.

SequSpur
08-25-2008, 10:28 PM
I dropped my kids off at the pool.

ALVAREZ6
08-25-2008, 10:35 PM
I started school today as well at Penn State.

Sp Ginobili 20
08-25-2008, 10:54 PM
How's everybody's first days at school? I just started as a junior in high school and I'm already drowned with homework.

Bigzax
08-25-2008, 11:07 PM
my kid is two, and i awoke and came out of the bathroom to find him bare assed on the bed...

luckily my kid is a before bedtime pisser, so no harm no foul, but i put a pull up on his ass anyway before i took off to work...

as for your little ones...i'll be stoned...on my cell...and cruising to ozzie on my way to work at bout 55 in your school zone so tell your lil fuckers to watch out and be ready to dive for the curbs...

marini martini
08-25-2008, 11:30 PM
My sister texted me a picture of my nephew dressed in his uniform for his first day at pre-k today. It is all he could talk about for the last two weeks, going to school. Too cute!
Dayum, that's kind of young for juvie!:wow
:toast

I drowned my kids at the pool.
Shit!:wow

as for your little ones...i'll be stoned...on my cell...and cruising to ozzie on my way to work at bout 55 in your school zone so tell your lil fuckers to watch out and be ready to dive for the curbs...

:lmao:lmao:lmao:toast