PDA

View Full Version : olympic roster for 2012?

FanSPURSatic
08-25-2008, 10:27 AM
If I were in Jerry's spot I would invite...

Starting 5
PG Chris Paul
SG Kobe
SF Lebron
PF Amare
C Tyson Chandler

Bench
Derrick Rose
Dwayne Wade
Marcus Camby
Lamarcus Aldridge
Al Horford
Tayshaun Prince
Brandon Roy
Mike Miller just for his shot.
Devin Harris

tlongII
08-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Greg Oden will be the center.

Texas_Ranger
08-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Oden will retire in 2011.

monosylab1k
08-25-2008, 10:47 AM
PG - Paul
SG - Bryant
SF - James
PF - Durant
C - Oden

6th man - Wade
Carmelo
Deron Williams
Dwight Howard
Chris Bosh
Devin Harris
Shan Foster

Just give them the gold right now.

FanSPURSatic
08-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Oden will retire in 2011.

exactly why he didnt make the cut.

Medvedenko
08-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Good lineups....however I would put Bynum out there as he can dominate the D and hit his foul shots. Also, don't sleep on Kevin Durant either.

Allanon
08-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Starting 5
PG Chris Paul
SG Kobe
SF Lebron
PF Amare
C Tyson Chandler

Bench
Derrick Rose
Dwayne Wade
Marcus Camby
Lamarcus Aldridge
Al Horford
Tayshaun Prince
Brandon Roy
Mike Miller just for his shot.
Devin Harris

How the hell did you include Derrick Rose and forget Kevin Durant in your list? I didn't think Durant was all that when he entered the league but I've learned my lesson.

Devin Harris won't belong on that list

Marcus Camby I think won't make the cut by 2012 although LaMarcus Aldridge is a good choice

DWade won't come back again if he comes off the bench, been there done that.

At Center, I have a feeling Bynum or Oden will be better than Chandler in 4 years.

DaDakota
08-25-2008, 11:47 AM
I doubt Melo, Wade, Kobe will play.....maybe even Lebron, they did their job, they will probably retire from national team play and give it to someone else.

DD

monosylab1k
08-25-2008, 11:49 AM
I doubt Melo, Wade, Kobe will play.....maybe even Lebron, they did their job, they will probably retire from national team play and give it to someone else.

DD

I think Kobe has already said he wants to play in 2012, but you may be right about the others.

I think it's going to be a vicious cycle for USA Basketball.....They win gold, all the best players get sick of wasting their summers practicing for the national team, eventually scrubs get sent, we get our asses kicked, the superstars take notice and Redeem Team 2.0 is assembled. And on and on and on.

Medvedenko
08-25-2008, 12:20 PM
I think Kobe has already said he wants to play in 2012, but you may be right about the others.

I think it's going to be a vicious cycle for USA Basketball.....They win gold, all the best players get sick of wasting their summers practicing for the national team, eventually scrubs get sent, we get our asses kicked, the superstars take notice and Redeem Team 2.0 is assembled. And on and on and on.

Yup, that may happen. The US needs to send their best possible team to win.

jacobdrj
08-25-2008, 12:21 PM
IMHO when a team wins gold, all of their players should be automatically dismissed from international play, in favour of new blood. There is enough US NBA talent that a team practicing for 3 years can win gold without having the big names.

Although, I would miss Bosh alot.

FanSPURSatic
08-25-2008, 01:10 PM
How the hell did you include Derrick Rose and forget Kevin Durant in your list? I didn't think Durant was all that when he entered the league but I've learned my lesson.

I like Durant alot and most likely he will be on the team but I favored Prince over him simply because team USA is small forward heavy anyway. When Prince was in the game he made a huge difference on the flow of the game and on defense.

Your right about Bynum though. Better offensive game than Chandler.

TheNextGen
08-25-2008, 01:25 PM
i have a feeling its gonna be a whole new roster.