08-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Cowboys beat Texans
Rangers get Silver Boot over Astros
Mavs win season series 3-1 over Rockets

Dallas > Houston

discuss.

Findog
08-25-2008, 11:57 AM
City-wise, Dallas > Houston. But that's not saying much, if you were to rank major Texas cities, they are as follows:

1. Austin
2. FTW
3. San Antonio
4. Dallas
5. Houston
6. El Paso

mavs>spurs2
08-25-2008, 12:24 PM
arlington 4tw

monosylab1k
08-25-2008, 12:25 PM
City-wise, Dallas > Houston. But that's not saying much, if you were to rank major Texas cities, they are as follows:

1. Austin
2. FTW
3. San Antonio
4. Dallas
5. Houston
6. El Paso

further down the list...

756. Death Row Wing in Huntsville
757. Lubbock

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-25-2008, 12:36 PM
further down the list...

756. Death Row Wing in Huntsville
757. Lubbock

758. Killeen

urunobili
08-25-2008, 12:36 PM

1. Austin
2. Arlington
3. Dallas
4. Fort Worth
5. San Antonio
6. Houston

Fixed

leemajors
08-25-2008, 01:04 PM
don't forget cut 'n shoot, tx

Findog
08-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Arlington? The city that has NOTHING going for it? The city that is one giant strip mall? The city that would rather give taxpayer $ to Jerry Jones instead of building a public transportation system?

mavs>spurs2
08-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Arlington? The city that has NOTHING going for it? The city that is one giant strip mall? The city that would rather give taxpayer $ to Jerry Jones instead of building a public transportation system?

dude arlington has everything. it's the largest suburb in the US

who needs public transportation unless youre a bum?

IronMexican
08-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Arlen TX > All

monosylab1k
08-25-2008, 01:37 PM
it's probably a decent place to live, but Frisco has to be the douchiest suburb in Texas. I can imagine lots of Lakers fans would really enjoy a visit to Frisco.

Spurminator
08-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Stars > Aeros

Spurminator
08-25-2008, 01:45 PM
it's probably a decent place to live, but Frisco has to be the douchiest suburb in Texas. I can imagine lots of Lakers fans would really enjoy a visit to Frisco.

Frisco is like a little miniature version of what America would look like if Republicans were the only party with any power.

koriwhat
08-25-2008, 02:01 PM
city wise... dallas fuckin' blows balls!

i went to see NIN the other week in dallas and i have not been to dallas since i was a little kid. anyhow the concert was at the AA center and i felt disgusted sitting in those seats looking around at all the bs mav crap they have in the arena. anyhow about the city itself.... well it's fuckin' lame! my buddies and i went out downtown after the concert and i swear to god we were the only ones down there on the streets. directly in the center of downtown and no one to be found, no bar open, no nothing to do. fuck dallas!

ps: we saw a lot of wrecks too. dallas folk can't drive either just like they can't win championships.

sribb43
08-25-2008, 02:21 PM
city wise... dallas fuckin' blows balls!

i went to see NIN the other week in dallas and i have not been to dallas since i was a little kid. anyhow the concert was at the AA center and i felt disgusted sitting in those seats looking around at all the bs mav crap they have in the arena. anyhow about the city itself.... well it's fuckin' lame! my buddies and i went out downtown after the concert and i swear to god we were the only ones down there on the streets. directly in the center of downtown and no one to be found, no bar open, no nothing to do. fuck dallas!

ps: we saw a lot of wrecks too. dallas folk can't drive either just like they can't win championships.

downtown dallas is not the place to go if you looking to have fun, go to bars, etc...Uptown or greenville is your best bet. there is also Deep Elum but I'd prefer not to get shot. Uptown is alot nicer, newer and safer than greenville/deep elum.

Findog
08-25-2008, 02:22 PM

Gas above $3.00/gallon. Don't be a moron.

DaDakota
08-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Astros > Rangers

sribb43
08-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Astros > Rangers

Hamilton > Berkman

IronMexican
08-25-2008, 02:25 PM
I love riding the bus, it's just nice and calm.

monosylab1k
08-25-2008, 02:26 PM
Astros > Rangers

WRONG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c1/Silver_Boot.JPG

APPLESAUCE, BITCH

mavs>spurs2
08-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Gas above $3.00/gallon. Don't be a moron.

i'm a college student working part time at only 7.50 an hour and i somehow manage to pay everything except tuition which will have to be paid back eventually and rent. that's car, insurance, gas, food, clothes, anything and everything. even my friends whos parents are shit poor can get themselves a job and a ride, i dont know ANYONE who uses public transportation.

Findog
08-25-2008, 02:32 PM
I love riding the bus, it's just nice and calm.

I take the Trinity Railway Express from FTW to downtown Dallas everyday. No fuckin' way I would drive that, not just for the money I save on the train, but also the lack of stress. I can sleep, read or use the train WIFI. If I were trying to navigate I-30 from FTW to Dallas, I'd end up popping a vein and yelling racial slurs at other drivers.

Findog
08-25-2008, 02:33 PM
i dont know ANYONE who uses public transportation.

I use public transportation. I drive 5 minutes to the train station and let TRE take it from there.

IronMexican
08-25-2008, 02:33 PM
I take the Trinity Railway Express from FTW to downtown Dallas everyday. No fuckin' way I would drive that, not just for the money I save on the train, but also the lack of stress. I can sleep, read or use the train WIFI. If I were trying to navigate I-30 from FTW to Dallas, I'd end up popping a vein and yelling racial slurs at other drivers.

WTF! Railway WIFI sounds nice.

you just gotta hope for a safe ride on the metro out here.

Findog
08-25-2008, 02:35 PM

You're in LA, right? I would hope to God they have viable public transit options. You don't get a break on rush hour traffic on the weekends in southern LA. It's always bad.

ThunderStix®
08-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Frisco is like a little miniature version of what America would look like if Republicans were the only party with any power.

Looks like an amazing place to live after researching it. I wish the entire country was like Frisco. :lol

Findog
08-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Frisco and McKinney are basically Agrestic, California.

IronMexican
08-25-2008, 02:43 PM
You're in LA, right? I would hope to God they have viable public transit options. You don't get a break on rush hour traffic on the weekends in southern LA. It's always bad.

I live in South LA which is the "ghetto" and i went to school in down town, i wasn't gonna pay 5 dollars a day for parking, and 4 dollars a gallon for gas.

Findog
08-25-2008, 02:45 PM
I hate driving. I mean, I really, really, really hate it.

monosylab1k
08-25-2008, 02:58 PM

Yeah driving in Dallas just sucks the lifeforce out of you.

IronMexican
08-25-2008, 02:58 PM
I just dance every where.

dirk4mvp
08-25-2008, 03:00 PM

how many maverick players are from Dallas?

ThunderStix®
08-25-2008, 03:05 PM

Would you mind driving if this was your car?

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/8533-2006-Lamborghini-Gallardo.jpg

KobeOwnsBowen
08-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Houston has T-Mac and Dallas has Dirt. Therefore, Houston>>>Dallas

sribb43
08-25-2008, 03:27 PM

:nope

Findog
08-25-2008, 03:28 PM

You're the worst troll ever, just thought you should know. You said Cuban was a terrible owner for the Mavericks when the franchise has done a complete 180 with him in charge, and now you're favorably comparing the second-round virgin to a guy that has an NBA Finals appearance on his resume. The best trolls make their responders look like idiots, not the other way around.

mavs>spurs2
08-25-2008, 03:28 PM

Brandon Bass > Tmac and Dirk combined

Belieeee dat!

GuerillaBlack
08-25-2008, 04:20 PM

1. Austin
2. FTW
3. San Antonio
4. Dallas
5. Houston
6. El Paso

What you meant to say was:

1. Houston
2. Dallas
3. Austin
4. Fort Worth
5. San Antonio
6. El Paso

Am i right, or am i right?

GuerillaBlack
08-25-2008, 04:21 PM
dude arlington has everything. it's the largest suburb in the US

fuck a Arlington fool.

it isn't the giant suburb in the US (that's Mesa), but arlington sucks. that's all it is, a suburb.

and ride public transit. help the environment. you don't have to be a bum to ride it. have you seen the riders on dart? especially those on the north Red line?

Spurminator
08-25-2008, 04:24 PM
I rode the DART when I worked downtown. I got to work faster than when I drove and I filled up my tank once every five or six weeks. Except for my car getting broken into four times in three years, it was totally worth it.

mavs>spurs2
08-25-2008, 04:36 PM
fuck a Arlington fool.

it isn't the giant suburb in the US (that's Mesa), but arlington sucks. that's all it is, a suburb.

and ride public transit. help the environment. you don't have to be a bum to ride it. have you seen the riders on dart? especially those on the north Red line?

Dude my sociology professor told us that Arlington is the fastest growing suburb in the US so maybe I worded that wrong. And arlington has everything, the Parks Mall is one of the better malls in Texas. It's on the outskirts of dallas fort worth so not as much crime and riff raff, but still in driving distance of pretty much everything in the DFW. Plenty of major lakes in driving distance if you like the outdoors, and dont forget Six Flags. overall it's a decent place to live

IronMexican
08-25-2008, 04:40 PM
But the truth is LA > All:king

Findog
08-25-2008, 04:45 PM
the Parks Mall is one of the better malls in Texas.

I guess if you like malls. It's certainly the malliest of malls. Between it, the chain restaurants and big box retail, I personally can't stand having to navigate South Cooper.

It's on the outskirts of dallas fort worth so not as much crime and riff raff,

There's plenty of sketchy areas. It's only real benefit is that you're in the middle of the entire metropolitan area, so therefore it's a 30 minute drive to wherever you want to go. Most of my friends live in Dallas and I live in FTW, so do I want to deal with the drive to get over there? A lot of times I don't. If I were living in Arlington, that would be much easier. That's about the ONLY benefit to Arlington, in that every DFW attraction or point of interest is within "driving distance."

mavs>spurs2
08-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Oh, and big suburb = more pretty white girls with rich parents :)

Findog
08-25-2008, 04:46 PM
But the truth is LA > All:king

San Fran > LA.

Although LA has a lot of cool things going for it.

Findog
08-25-2008, 04:49 PM
What you meant to say was:

1. Houston
2. Dallas
3. Austin
4. Fort Worth
5. San Antonio
6. El Paso

Am i right, or am i right?

Houston and Dallas are in many respects the same city. They both have huge swaths that just suck ass (Dallas anything north of Mockingbird, Houston anything north of downtown), alongside pockets of coolness (Houston would be the Rice University area, Dallas certain parts of Oak Cliff, Uptown and the Lakewood area). I give Dallas the edge because the Houston humidity is just a bit worse, and you don't have to worry about tropical storms and hurricanes in north Texas. In terms of livability, the both pale in comparison to Austin. Austin equals them in nightlife. FTW doesn't have quite the nightlife that Dallas or Houston does, but it's more livable and it has enough nightlife (Sundance Square/West Seventh area). FTW is underrated.

mavs>spurs2
08-25-2008, 04:50 PM
There's plenty of sketchy areas.

Once again my words failed me, what I mean is that I feel alot safer in the worst part of Arlington than say South Oak Cliff. I realize it's not perfect, go to the local park on a sunday and theres a chance someone pulls a gun i've seen it before. But alot of it is just white people and suburbs.

It's only real benefit is that you're in the middle of the entire metropolitan area, so therefore it's a 30 minute drive to wherever you want to go. Most of my friends live in Dallas and I live in FTW, so do I want to deal with the drive to get over there? A lot of times I don't. If I were living in Arlington, that would be much easier. That's about the ONLY benefit to Arlington, in that every DFW attraction or point of interest is within "driving distance."

What more could you want other than easy access to everything the DFW has to offer?

Spurminator
08-25-2008, 04:51 PM
I don't see Abilene on anyone's lists. Shame.

T Park
08-25-2008, 04:53 PM
sorry findog So Cal > No Cal

alot less whackos down south than up north.

Findog
08-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Once again my words failed me, what I mean is that I feel alot safer in the worst part of Arlington than say South Oak Cliff. I realize it's not perfect, go to the local park on a sunday and theres a chance someone pulls a gun i've seen it before. But alot of it is just white people and suburbs.

What more could you want other than easy access to everything the DFW has to offer?

The downside to "only" being 30 minutes away from everything is that you're 30 minutes away from everything. I think if you're gonna live here, pick either Dallas or FTW and be done with it.

Findog
08-25-2008, 04:54 PM
sorry findog So Cal > No Cal

alot less whackos down south than up north.

San Diego has them both beat, but San Fran > LA.

Findog
08-25-2008, 04:54 PM
I don't see Abilene on anyone's lists. Shame.

It's pretty, but everything closes at 6 pm.

mavs>spurs2
08-25-2008, 04:59 PM
The downside to "only" being 30 minutes away from everything is that you're 30 minutes away from everything. I think if you're gonna live here, pick either Dallas or FTW and be done with it.

well, since i rarely go to dallas or ftw it's not much of a problem, and plus since i live in southwest arlington forrest hill is just around the corner, which is a hop skip and a jump from fort worth. fort worth is about 12 minutes from my house

GuerillaBlack
08-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Dude my sociology professor told us that Arlington is the fastest growing suburb in the US so maybe I worded that wrong. And arlington has everything, the Parks Mall is one of the better malls in Texas. It's on the outskirts of dallas fort worth so not as much crime and riff raff, but still in driving distance of pretty much everything in the DFW. Plenty of major lakes in driving distance if you like the outdoors, and dont forget Six Flags. overall it's a decent place to live

Lol at this whole post.

First, Arlington is no where near the fastest growing suburb in the US. Not even close. Go look at the Census stats. Second, the Parks Mall is not one of the better malls in Texas. It's nice, but not that nice. It's filled with fake wannabes and there is always some bullshit happening there. I can name a ton of malls in Texas that are better. It's not on the outskirts of DFW. It's right in the middle of Dallas and Fort Worth. The only good sides of Arlington are SW Arlington near Martin High School (where I go to school), and North Arlington around Lamar. Everywhere else could be better. A lot better. Especially areas in Central Arlington on Division Road and around Six Flags Mall.

Findog
08-25-2008, 05:11 PM
What is the appeal of malls, anyway?

mavs>spurs2
08-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Lol at this whole post.

First, Arlington is no where near the fastest growing suburb in the US. Not even close. Go look at the Census stats. Second, the Parks Mall is not one of the better malls in Texas. It's nice, but not that nice. It's filled with fake wannabes and there is always some bullshit happening there. I can name a ton of malls in Texas that are better. It's not on the outskirts of DFW. It's right in the middle of Dallas and Fort Worth. The only good sides of Arlington are SW Arlington near Martin High School (where I go to school), and North Arlington around Lamar. Everywhere else could be better. A lot better.

I'm sorry you go to such a shitty school. didnt you guys get beat up by that little school kennedale?

GuerillaBlack
08-25-2008, 05:13 PM
And my parents know they made a mistake by moving to Arlington (well, dad, mom not so much). They don't want to move, because they would like me to graduate from Martin because I'm a senior. They much prefer Coppell or Grapevine better. So do I. The string of Plano/Allen/McKinney is another good area, but too far from things.

Findog
08-25-2008, 05:13 PM
Now Kennedale, that is a city. All of your adult bookstore/GILF titty bar needs can be taken care of in Kennedale.

GuerillaBlack
08-25-2008, 05:14 PM
^^And the race track!

I'm sorry you go to such a shitty school. didnt you guys get beat up by that little school kennedale?

Haha, that's all you can take from the post. And hell no we didn't get beat up by Kennedale. I will say that Martin does suck this year. It was better when I got there January '07. They don't even allow energy drinks anymore.

johnny_J_Jackson
08-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Dallas sucks, its moving down the population list at 9. Houston is 4th, San Antonio moving up the list at 7. If Dallas is so damn good tell me why more people are moving to Houston and San Antonio and less to Dallas. Its also one of the most racially diverse cities in the country. One of best job markets. And as far as Portland. You wine sipping peckerheads should stay out of the conversation.

monosylab1k
08-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Dallas sucks, its moving down the population list at 9. Houston is 4th, San Antonio moving up the list at 7. If Dallas is so damn good tell me why more people are moving to Houston and San Antonio and less to Dallas.

Are you really this ignorant?

monosylab1k
08-25-2008, 06:37 PM
I love dumbasses who use the "Dallas is smaller than Houston & SA" argument

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_metropolitan_area

monosylab1k
08-25-2008, 06:39 PM
and for the record, Houston is a fucking toilet of a city. I'd rather live in Baghdad.

IronMexican
08-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Sorry findog, never been north in my life. and i don't really go to SD. so i couldn't really argue for or against.

johnny_J_Jackson
08-25-2008, 06:44 PM
I knew you would'nt be able to give me a legit response. thanks. ANd it was'nt about them being bigger. Tell me why Hou. and S.A. have grown in pop. and Dallas has dropped in last 10 years. Hou. has one of the best medical centers in the country and prduces more jobs than Dallas. Resturants are better too.

monosylab1k
08-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Tell me why Hou. and S.A. have grown in pop. and Dallas has dropped in last 10 years.

I can't tell you why because you're fucking wrong. Dallas has grown in population in the last 10 years.

:lmao he saw that Dallas dropped from 8th to 9th in ranking and assumed it meant Dallas dropped in population :lmao this just further proves that my "Rockets fans have the lowest overall intelligence of any group of fans on ST" theory is pretty much a fact.

monosylab1k
08-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Resturants are better too.

yeah if you like eating shit on a stick.

johnny_J_Jackson
08-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Damn i can tell b your ignorance that you dont get laid much

The Third Man
08-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Hamilton > Berkman

At being a drug addict.

BUMP
08-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Damn i can tell b your ignorance that you dont get laid much

fag

SPURS vs NBA media
08-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Cowboys beat Texans
Rangers get Silver Boot over Astros
Mavs win season series 3-1 over Rockets

Dallas > Houston

discuss.

cowboys,mavs,rangers(WHEN THEY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS)
First ROUND LOSERS IN THE PLAYOFFS :flag:

Flight3107
08-25-2008, 07:42 PM
I knew you would'nt be able to give me a legit response. thanks. ANd it was'nt about them being bigger. Tell me why Hou. and S.A. have grown in pop. and Dallas has dropped in last 10 years. Hou. has one of the best medical centers in the country and prduces more jobs than Dallas. Resturants are better too.

Dallas has dropped in population?

Moron

GuerillaBlack
08-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Dallas sucks, its moving down the population list at 9. Houston is 4th, San Antonio moving up the list at 7. If Dallas is so damn good tell me why more people are moving to Houston and San Antonio and less to Dallas. Its also one of the most racially diverse cities in the country. One of best job markets. And as far as Portland. You wine sipping peckerheads should stay out of the conversation.

Dallas is still growing, just not as fast as Houston or SA (city limits only). Metro area wise, Dallas-Fort Worth (you have to add in Fort Worth), is the fastest, followed by Houston, Austin, and then SA. That of course, is raw numbers wise. Percentage wise, it's Houston, DFW, Austin, then SA (metro areas here).

In other words, Johnny_J_Jackson is looking like a dumbass.

GuerillaBlack
08-25-2008, 08:22 PM
Not really.

I buy my clothes from malls (really just Northpark in Dallas since Park Mall is the suck in Arlington). It's also an okay place to really just chill for a bit.

dirk4mvp
08-25-2008, 08:23 PM
memphis is where it's at :toast

IronMexican
08-25-2008, 08:31 PM
You live in South LA too?:toast

GuerillaBlack
08-25-2008, 08:33 PM
I feel you if you are in High School... thats where all the young chics hang out, but if you are judging the lifestyle of cities then malls are not considered tourist attractions. The way you guys brag about your cities makes me not want to ever come there. I have been to Dallas and Houston though... the women were generous in both cities I might add:toast

Yeah, still in high school. I don't judge cities on malls though, but malls like Northpark or Houston Galleria are where I get most of my clothes though (unless I go online).

IronMexican
08-25-2008, 08:38 PM
Yeah, Cerritos, but Ive visited most of Cali.

that's kind of like South East LA, near Knotts, right?

I live next to the 405

GuerillaBlack
08-25-2008, 09:12 PM
I love LA. Like a second home to me (behind Houston).

But liked San Fran better when I went. Getting around was easier and the place had better scenery.

TMAC-YAO-ARTEST
08-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Dallas is going to be a 2nd tier team this year. Houston will be top tier.

sribb43
08-26-2008, 08:38 AM
the Parks Mall is one of the better malls in Texas.

Not so much

It's on the outskirts of dallas fort worth so not as much crime and riff raff

I guess your professor has never been to Arlington

GuerillaBlack
08-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Not so much

I guess your professor has never been to Arlington

Or knows much about it. Saying it's the fastest growing suburb in America :lol . In DFW alone, Plano, McKinney, Frisco, Allen, Grand Prairie (among others) have grown faster than it.

And like I said, the riff raff of Arlington is everywhere except for parts of Northern Arlington near Lamar High School and Southwest Arlington near Martin High School.

johnny_J_Jackson
08-26-2008, 04:44 PM
God Damn Youngsters. Outta be disciplined like dogs.

08-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Houston and Dallas are in many respects the same city. They both have huge swaths that just suck ass (Dallas anything north of Mockingbird, Houston anything north of downtown), alongside pockets of coolness (Houston would be the Rice University area, Dallas certain parts of Oak Cliff, Uptown and the Lakewood area). I give Dallas the edge because the Houston humidity is just a bit worse, and you don't have to worry about tropical storms and hurricanes in north Texas. In terms of livability, the both pale in comparison to Austin. Austin equals them in nightlife. FTW doesn't have quite the nightlife that Dallas or Houston does, but it's more livable and it has enough nightlife (Sundance Square/West Seventh area). FTW is underrated.

Hey dude,i just read that there was tropical storm in dallas in 2003 her name was grace in august 30-sept.:wow how cool.

baseline bum
08-28-2008, 01:06 PM
LA is the hotspot of the world. Its the only place on the planet that you can drive an hour in different directions and either wind up at the beach, the mountains in the snow, the desert, or the country up north. If you took away the smog and traffic you would have heaven. Oh, and when you tired of LA, just hop on jetblue for $100 and you land in Vegas in 30 minutes... gotta love it.

:tu

A lot of the most amazing places in this country are a daytrip from LA.

baseline bum
08-28-2008, 01:07 PM

LA's public transit is ok unless you live on the west side. Then, you have no train closeby as the Santa Monica homeowners are all scared of the diversity it would bring.

No shit :lol

I have a friend who was almost killed on the red line when a schizophrenic guy hit him in the forehead with a metal pipe.

IronMexican
08-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Never knew baseline lived in LA, what part? i've never rode the red line, only the Blue abd Green

koriwhat
08-28-2008, 01:20 PM
how many maverick players are from Dallas?

totally taken out of context....

dirk4mvp
08-28-2008, 01:24 PM
totally taken out of context....

You shouldn't have tried to make that fail attempt of a funny about the Mavericks.

baseline bum
08-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Never knew baseline lived in LA, what part? i've never rode the red line, only the Blue abd Green

Westwood. Gotta love the purple line that goes for like 2 miles to Vermont from downtown since Santa Monica would never let them finish it.

koriwhat
08-28-2008, 01:49 PM
You shouldn't have tried to make that fail attempt of a funny about the Mavericks.

dude just mention the mavs and it's funny...

but yeah dallas folk can't drive and the team dallas mavericks can't win. that's how it is. don't play dumb like you had to decipher what i was trying to get at.

mojorizen7
08-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Lubbock, TX is the where the action is.
:drunk