08-25-2008, 05:47 PM
:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit:ihit

Who ya got???!!!

:wow:wow:wow:wow:wow

polandprzem
08-25-2008, 06:08 PM
I haven't seen Ken in along time.
I thought he retired.

If he won't be caught up with a shot he can take Kimbo on the ground and that's it - end of fight. Grapplers always have adventage, however as I look at GSP this statment seem irrational. :)

Evan
08-25-2008, 06:17 PM
farce and I pray Ken wins. I hope the athletic commission bans this freak show.

Everyone was so happy with the Rogers fight...why did they change it....

LEONARD
08-25-2008, 07:12 PM
I haven't seen Ken in along time.
I thought he retired.

Nope...fought in Cage Rage in March and was supposed to win to get a shot at Kimbo, but he lost so he fought JT...but now Shamrock still gets Kimbo... :lol

dallaskd
08-25-2008, 08:10 PM
:lmao

this is a lame fight but on praying on the life of mma shamrock wins.

djohn14
08-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Shamrock will be on life support after this. Of course as a MMA fan I want Ken to win, but seriously. Its just a push for Kimbo...put him against a big name, past his prime...and not really a fighter anymore, who was a good fighter at best.

djohn14
08-25-2008, 08:20 PM
MMARated.com is reporting that Brett Roger's camp has confirmed that he will face the winner of the upcoming Kimbo Slice/Ken Shamrock fight that will go down on EliteXC's next CBS special on October 4. Rogers has even been invited to sit ringside for the Shamrock/Slice fight and is expected to challenge the winner of the fight in the ring when the fight concludes.

TheTruth
08-25-2008, 08:27 PM
MMARated.com is reporting that Brett Roger's camp has confirmed that he will face the winner of the upcoming Kimbo Slice/Ken Shamrock fight that will go down on EliteXC's next CBS special on October 4. Rogers has even been invited to sit ringside for the Shamrock/Slice fight and is expected to challenge the winner of the fight in the ring when the fight concludes.

God, do they want to be the WWF?

dbreiden83080
08-25-2008, 08:33 PM
farce and I pray Ken wins. I hope the athletic commission bans this freak show.

Everyone was so happy with the Rogers fight...why did they change it....

Wondering that myself what is up with this?? If Ken even at his age, had any ground game whatsoever, he could get Kimbo down and submit him. However he really has no takedowns whatsoever. His stand up sucks. He'll probably get KO'd, but this does nothing for Slice whatsoever. Dana should send Brock to Elite XC for one fight, after he bashes Kimbo, nobody will ever talk about him again.

Evan
08-25-2008, 08:35 PM
I wonder if this will get sanctioned....

Avitus1
08-25-2008, 09:34 PM
I dont even want to think this will happen. Does Ken really want to be remembered as a guy that got beat up by Kimbo? If it was earlier in his career I'd give it to him but sadly I gotta give it to Kimbo.

Evan
08-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Before we go on I must say, you have the best sig on the internets.

I am humbled....

*curtsies*

I dont even want to think this will happen. Does Ken really want to be remembered as a guy that got beat up by Kimbo? If it was earlier in his career I'd give it to him but sadly I gotta give it to Kimbo.

Ken got beat by Tito a few times...he knows no shame.

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 10:25 PM
God, do they want to be the WWF?

that's a big audience with lots of revenue. If they can get some of that without alienating their own fan base why not?

Evan
08-25-2008, 10:45 PM
that's a big audience with lots of revenue. If they can get some of that without alienating their own fan base why not?

See thats the problem....their fan base is largely hardcore fans which is the case for any non UFC event. And they are losing money by the shipload.

And everyone is pretty alienated.

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 11:11 PM
See thats the problem....their fan base is largely hardcore fans which is the case for any non UFC event. And they are losing money by the shipload.

And everyone is pretty alienated.

non UFC events are going to need more than just the hardcore fan to survive. If they can make a significant push into the WWF market then maybe, but like you I don't think it will work. Sensing XFL failure.

Whisky Dog
08-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Man, I like watching some of these bouts, but the people who promote this are fucking it up big time. Kimbo vs Shamrock? How can that be taken seriously?

angelbelow
08-26-2008, 05:08 AM
shamrock!

Evan
08-26-2008, 07:24 AM
Man, I like watching some of these bouts, but the people who promote this are fucking it up big time. Kimbo vs Shamrock? How can that be taken seriously?

Its not, by anyone.

EliteXC has been run to the ground by a side show boxing promoter.

2centsworth
08-26-2008, 07:33 AM
Its not, by anyone.

EliteXC has been run to the ground by a side show boxing promoter.

dude, the failure in this organization has more to do than its promoter. All of these other organziations are failing and they all don't have boxing promoters.

Evan
08-26-2008, 07:47 AM
dude, the failure in this organization has more to do than its promoter. All of these other organziations are failing and they all don't have boxing promoters.

But this is especially pointed at boxing ultra hype style with nothing there of substance…hell…even people within the organization have said so.This Kimbo mess was a huge deathblow in the eyes of fans and yet EXC just doesn't get it.

And you know very well how Gary Shaw is regarded in the boxing realm.

This is who those idiots put in charge of EliteXC-MMA

(I'm quoting someone from a forum here)

Recently, Gary Shaw has been quoted as saying "As far as Dana saying that I was never a fan of mixed martial arts, ask him to produce articles or tape on me saying the things he said I said. It can't happen. I was watching mma with my son back when Dana was selling used cars or whatever he was doing before the UFC. I never belittle any sport or organization, that's not my style." (http://mmafightline.com/news/2008/31...c_318572.shtml)

Ok, Gary, you asked for it: "Boxing promoter Gary Shaw attributes Ultimate Fighting's rise to a generation inured to violence and mayhem -- the sort commonly depicted in movies and videogames. "The mixture of wrestling with boxing and the fact that it's not staged goes to the bloodthirsty segment of the population," he says." (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1142...SB_WelcomeSkip)

And speaking of how he "watched MMA with [his] son": “My son Jaret, he’s 26, talked me into it,” said Shaw, whose son is a big follower of mixed martial arts. “He told me you’re going to be at the train station and end up as a bystander, not the engineer.” (http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxin...ping-into-mma/)

Strange. So, his son convinced him to get into MMA promotion so he wouldn't miss the opportunity to make money off the "bloodthirsty" MMA fans.

ATRAIN
08-26-2008, 08:01 AM
I wonder if Ryan Shamrock will be commentating on his brothers fight? Dont they still hate each other?

Evan
08-26-2008, 08:03 AM
So as you can see when you put a soulless double speaking boxing scum bag vampire promoter in charge, you fail. If they had put someone in charge who knew MMA and last it half us much as everyone on this forum does, they would have flourished.

Evan
08-26-2008, 08:04 AM
I wonder if Ryan Shamrock will be commentating on his brothers fight? Dont they still hate each other?

You mean Frank?

There might be a Ryan, I'm not sure…there is like 20 of them. But I hope so…Frank Shamrock is awesome behind the mic and doesn't get enough credit IMO.

But there seems to be a weird rift right now between Strikeforce and EXC. Not sure what its about. Probably just boils down to money like everthing else.

ATRAIN
08-26-2008, 08:10 AM
You mean Frank?

There might be a Ryan, I'm not sure…there is like 20 of them. But I hope so…Frank Shamrock is awesome behind the mic and doesn't get enough credit IMO.

But there seems to be a weird rift right now between Strikeforce and EXC. Not sure what its about. Probably just boils down to money like everthing else.

LOL sorry Ryan was Ken's "sister" in wwe hahaha and since there was WWE talk earlier I got confused hahaha. Frank is pretty good from the fights I have heard him call. There is another guy there that I can not stand.

2centsworth
08-26-2008, 08:18 AM
But this is especially pointed at boxing ultra hype style with nothing there of substance…hell…even people within the organization have said so.This Kimbo mess was a huge deathblow in the eyes of fans and yet EXC just doesn't get it.

And you know very well how Gary Shaw is regarded in the boxing realm.

This is who those idiots put in charge of EliteXC-MMA

(I'm quoting someone from a forum here)

I'm not defending Shaw, but every other organization other than the UFC has failed or is failing regardless or promoter. There's only so much you can put on Shaw's shoulders. At least he's generating nationwide attention, unlike orgs like the IFL.

For some reason the mainstream hasn't accepted any but the UFC. i figure that their fighters are more recognizable.

Evan
08-26-2008, 08:22 AM
That freaking dork with the weird glasses?

Probably Mauro Ranallo….he's a massive thrashing to listen to. He has no substance and speaks almost exclusively in hyperbole's now. He has gotten worse as time has gone on. He barks into the mic and you will learn nothing from him. He's the worst in the business.

dbreiden83080
08-26-2008, 08:25 AM

This fight does nothing whatsoever for Kimbo. He'll likely win but who cares, Shamrock has not been credible in at least a decade. Kimbo's last fight against a can he was supposed to KO, was such a mess this looks like his handlers are conceding to him not being for real and lets just try and make a quick buck. I mean who is he going to fight next?? Royce Gracie

Evan
08-26-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm not defending Shaw, but every other organization other than the UFC has failed or is failing regardless or promoter. There's only so much you can put on Shaw's shoulders.

This is still all so new....but

Smaller regional shows are doing just fine, MFC, Strikeforce and AFL…because they are patient and are taking time to grow. Most other orgs are so impatient and are trying to beat the UFC overnight by over paying for every single "name" free agent…just like the Yankees and Redskins.

EliteXC was doing perfect…just fine and then Shaw turned it into "Kimbo EXC" with their antics and lo-and-behold they started losing money and had problems.

dbreiden83080
08-26-2008, 08:29 AM
And Shamrock is 44 years old, has not won a fight since 2004, and is 1-7 in his last 8 fights.

LEONARD
08-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Ken has a son named Ryan...who also fights.

EliteXC / Kimbo was a terrible intro to casual / non-fans on primetime TV. They'll be gone soon. They have put on some good fights and will put on more in Oct (Daley-Shields, Ninja-Radach) but those aren't the fights that get all the attention...

Evan
08-26-2008, 09:19 AM
That freaking dork with the weird glasses?

Probably Mauro Ranallo….he's a massive thrashing to listen to. He has no substance and speaks almost exclusively in hyperbole's now. He has gotten worse as time has gone on. He barks into the mic and you will learn nothing from him. He's the worst in the business.

Too add something else to this…his old partner Bas Rutten has gotten much better as time goes on although I do think he is still best used in little spurts as he gets a bit over exposed since he seems to run out of things to say. And he is simply great with teleprompter on Inside MMA on HDNet. Same goes for Kenny Rice. I'm not sure what HDNet is doing with them…maybe coaching…but its working very well.

I have a feeling that the UFC will allow them to show still shots and open the door a bit more to them if HDNet would publically state their done with bing a MMA promoter.

Evan
08-27-2008, 03:07 PM
My hero

Despite being skipped over for a much-desired fight with fellow undefeated heavyweight Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson (3-0), Brett Rogers (8-0) has no ill will toward EliteXC.

In fact, all his anger is now directed at Kimbo and his recently announced opponent, UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock (26-13-2).

Although Rogers has declined interview requests from MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), his camp today issued a statement through fiveouncesofpain.com -- one in which he calls Kimbo "more myth [than] Sasquatch, Chupacabra and a [expletive] unicorn combined" and Shamrock "103 years" old and a "Jurassic MMA" fighter.

Back in May, after both fighters emerged victorious during EliteXC's first CBS-televised show, Kimbo and Rogers had a brief skirmish in the post-fight press conference. Rogers said he wasn't impressed by Kimbo's third-round TKO victory over James Thompson and called it "garbage."

After entering the conference rom, Slice confronted Rogers, but then-EliteXC Live Events President Gary Shaw separated the fighters before the matter escalated, and order was quickly restored.

However, despite promises from multiple EliteXC officials that a Kimbo-Rogers fight would eventually happen, the organization booked Kimbo-Shamrock for its Oct. 4 CBS card and Rogers for its Nov. 8 event on Showtime. (As MMAjunkie.com's Steve Sievert recently reported, EliteXC likely delayed the Kimbo-Rogers fight so the bout could instead appear on the organization's pay-per-view debut in 2009.)

"As for EliteXC -- this is our home," Rogers said in the statement. "We are excited to be part of EliteXC, CBS and Showtime. We are proud to be part of one of fastest-growing and best backed promotions in the world. We are proud to be part of a show that treats their fighters with love and respect and is not afraid to let their fighters compete outside the boundaries. ... I know a lot of people want to dog on EliteXC, but these same people would have an MMA world where no more then a dozen guys were making a living wage. People who think the real world should run just like it does on their PlayStation. But this is a complicated, difficult business for every side of the equation. For the fighters, promoters and everyone else involved. As a camp we have to negotiate, posture, bully, push, plead to get our share of the love. But at the end of the day we are EliteXC."

However, his tune changed when discussing Shamrock, whom he felt butted into the situation, and Slice, whom he accuses of ducking the fight.

From the statement:

As for Oct 4th; that was our spot. Shamrock with his name and giant ego butted in line to get a slice of Kevin. At 103 years of age Ken usurped our rightful place against the YouTube champ. Our sincerest hope is that Ken whips Kimbo and then we can finally euthanize the "World's Most Dangerous Man" and relegate him to some MMA dinosaur exhibit. Maybe taxidermy him and (Dan) Severn and place them on a rotating pedestal where they can endless circle each other.

If Ken proves to be more sham [than] rock and Fergi beats him, then the Slice hype grows even greater. Dude is already more myth [than] Sasquatch, Chupacabra and a [expletive] unicorn combined. Kevin is the black Yeti.

Caught between a Shamrock and a hard place, Kevin has chosen the old over the new; the past over the future. But Fergi ... the hard place is coming. By putting us off, making us wait will only make matters worse. There is nothing business about it anymore. Kimbo made it a point to go frontin' to our boys at Big Black. But that street thug B.S. might work well with the fan bois and the Internet dorks who think your street cred means something; but Son ... Brett comes from Cabrini Green; the worst 12 blocks of America. compared to that your street is Sesame Street. So you can say it is very personal between Brett and Fergi. So go ahead and make us wait while you fight Tank (Abbott) and Shamrock. Hell, why not fight (Keith) Hackney, Harold Howard, Fred Ettish and the rest of Jurassic MMA? And while your shuckin' and duckin' we will be hustlin' and muscilin' and when the bell finally tolls the only real question left is: do you wake up looking at canvas or arena lights?

dallaskd
08-27-2008, 05:21 PM
damn that statement is baddass. Rogers still has a lot to learn though.

Evan
08-27-2008, 05:42 PM
damn that statement is baddass. Rogers still has a lot to learn though.

100% agree. He's good enough to smash the average guys but has so far to go.

dbreiden83080
09-15-2008, 02:30 PM
This is Ken's last fight against unknown figher, Robert Berry. Who has a record of 12-8. His record can be viewed here, nothing special

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/robert-berry-7362

IUB9-AclMKc&NR=1

Ken has almost nothing left to offer as a fighter. His hands are slow, his footwork is not very good and he is one dimensional as a striker. He also can't take a punch anymore. He has little to no power anymore in his hands and has no takedowns. Kimbo is not legit but he is going KO Ken here. I never liked Ken mainly because i am a huge Tito fan and was conditioned to not like him during the years they were feuding. I want Ken to win because Kimbo is a joke but it's not going to happen. Sadly Kimbo by KO.

Evan
09-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Look for the video of Ken on insidemma from about 2 Fridays ago. Ken looks so old and small.

This fight interests nobody…Cage Rage is desperate for any possible fighter that will create even the most mild interest and even they don't want him anymore.

Anti.Hero
09-15-2008, 02:45 PM
haha Severn shoutout!

http://www.bjjfighter.com/photos/misc/frey.jpg

dbreiden83080
09-15-2008, 02:45 PM
The problem with Ken is not only is he 44 years old but he has had some wars in the ring. The beating Tito gave him in their first fight was damn brutal. Really whatever prime he had left, got taken out of him that night. He is done, i don't know why he is still doing this??

Evan
09-15-2008, 02:46 PM
haha Severn shoutout!

I love that dude

desflood
09-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Don Frye.

Evan
09-15-2008, 02:56 PM
He added a lot of personality to the late great IFL

Anti.Hero
09-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Damnit. I always call Frye, Severn.

Dude simply looks like a Severn :depressed

Evan
09-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Damnit. I always call Frye, Severn.

Dude simply looks like a Severn :depressed

slipped by me I didn't notice. desflood is sharp.

But seriously why not…just might have a better chance at kimbo.

desflood
09-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Blame the 'stache. It's designed to confuse the enemy.

dallaskd
09-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Butterbean-Kimbo would be intertaining.

dbreiden83080
09-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know if Kimbo has a deal with Elite-XC that pays him a bonus based on TV ratings??

I can't understand why else this fight with Ken is happening? The most alarming stat out there for Ken is not that he is 44 years old or even that he is 1-7 in his last 8 fights. It's that he has been KO'd in RD 1 in each of his last 5 fights. He is a name and obviously Elite-XC thinks that will get ratings but as we have discussed before this does nothing whatsoever for Kimbo's career, winning this fight means jack shit for him. If he loses he is even more of a laughing stock than he already is.

The Reckoning
09-16-2008, 03:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBOTzy1afrE

"Waaahhh!! Hit me!!!"

he's like the boogie monster on roids. i go kimbo.

dbreiden83080
09-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Fighting Bums in peoples backyards, is why this guy is so popular, pretty pathetic.

Heath Ledger
09-16-2008, 04:32 PM
First round knockout for Slice. Ken Shamrock is out of gas and just collecting paychecks. I will be watching this fight for free courtesy of free to air satellite :)

Evan
09-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Does anyone know if Kimbo has a deal with Elite-XC that pays him a bonus based on TV ratings??

Thats a good question although I don't think its likely. I don't even think TV stars get those.

dbreiden83080
09-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Thats a good question although I don't think its likely. I don't even think TV stars get those.

Well we know that the huge UFC stars get a cut of the PPV buys. I was wondering if maybe Kimbo got something like that, with the TV ratings or some of the gate?? I just am banging around ideas since i can't understand why his handlers took this fight?? It is a 100% no win situation for this guy, unless it is only about making as much money as possible on the fight.

djohn14
09-16-2008, 09:39 PM
They made him fight Shamrock so he could draw one last big rating before Rogers kicks his ass!

Evan
09-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Well we know that the huge UFC stars get a cut of the PPV buys. I was wondering if maybe Kimbo got something like that, with the TV ratings or some of the gate?? I just am banging around ideas since i can't understand why his handlers took this fight?? It is a 100% no win situation for this guy, unless it is only about making as much money as possible on the fight.

See the problem is you're looking at this rationally like an intelligent person who knows how this mma thing works. EliteXC has NON MMA people running it to the ground.

They see Tito Vs Shamrock ratings from 06 and so much has happened since then. MMA is already 2 generations past that fight.

And I don't think Ken has an agent, simply a lawyer and Bas Rutten runs everything Kimbo.

DBryant88
09-17-2008, 06:47 AM
shamrock hands down

dbreiden83080
09-17-2008, 09:26 AM
shamrock hands down

Shamrock has no cardio, no takedowns, no power in his hands, and can't take a punch anymore. Kimbo sucks but he is going to KO Shamrock, without a doubt.

Evan
09-17-2008, 10:16 AM
Here is a recent pic of Shmarock from 3 weeks ago.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/5259/inside-mma-video-will-kimbo-slice-be-exposed.mma

He looks like a 50 year old light heavyweight. If this fight takes more than 60 seconds for Kimbo to smash him them either Kimbo is worse than we thought or it’s a fix.

Just makes no sense to me why they would hinge their entire organization on such a fight. If you're going to roll the dice at least go for broke with a super fight with Tito/Frank or Tito/Kimbo.

dbreiden83080
09-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Here is a recent pic of Shmarock from 3 weeks ago.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/5259/inside-mma-video-will-kimbo-slice-be-exposed.mma

He looks like a 50 year old light heavyweight. If this fight takes more than 60 seconds for Kimbo to smash him them either Kimbo is worse than we thought or it’s a fix.

Just makes no sense to me why they would hinge their entire organization on such a fight. If you're going to roll the dice at least go for broke with a super fight with Tito/Frank or Tito/Kimbo.

Tito would destroy Kimbo, him and Frank would be a good fight and actually worth seeing. We all saw how bad Kimbo's takedown defense was against Thompson. He had no clue how to keep him inside his guard either. Tito would take him down and smash him in one round easy.

desflood
09-17-2008, 01:36 PM
It's laughable how Shamrock once again pushes the leglock in his first sentence and swears he's not a one-dimensional fighter with his next breath.

As an old mma fan, that video makes me damn sad.

dbreiden83080
09-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Yes the Leg-lock is really his only shot and it is actually no shot at all since he can't get the fight to the ground.

LEONARD
09-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Ken is doing his part to sound tough and hype the fight...I'm sure the casual fan will think he's still a badass...afterall he WILL be announced as "THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS MAN....Ken Shamrock!!"

"Oh look honey, THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS MAN...he must be good"

uhhhhhhhhhhhh

dbreiden83080
09-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Ken is doing his part to sound tough and hype the fight...I'm sure the casual fan will think he's still a badass...afterall he WILL be announced as "THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS MAN....Ken Shamrock!!"

"Oh look honey, THE WORLD'S MOST DANGEROUS MAN...he must be good"

uhhhhhhhhhhhh

As a huge MMA fan i kind of was hoping the sport had gotten big enough that most people would already know that Ken Shamrock is not any good anymore. That the MMA stars had gotten enough pub, for most people to know who is good and who completely sucks. But i bet your right and they'll be enough clueless jack-asses out there that here "worlds most dangerous Man" and buy into it. At least until the bell rings and the horrible truth is revealed.

cool cat
09-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Last person Ken beat was Kimo. Sounds like Kimbo, so thats a good reason to pick him right????

Evan
09-19-2008, 02:52 PM
makes sense to me!

T Park
09-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Shamrock a former WWF guy, in a rigged fight and will take a dive so Kimbo Slice wins.

Hell Kimbo Slice's win back in May was rigged.

LEONARD
09-19-2008, 05:32 PM

:sleep

djohn14
09-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Shamrock a former WWF guy, in a rigged fight and will take a dive so Kimbo Slice wins.

His ear exploded...thats not good. In fact...I cant think of one scenario where that is a good thing.

Evan
09-19-2008, 06:25 PM

Thanks for the insight.

dbreiden83080
09-19-2008, 06:40 PM

Please keep this nonsense out of the MMA forum when it opens

polandprzem
09-20-2008, 04:26 AM
TPark will be banned from MMA forum :)

Anyway - in mma world (fans) everybody is laughing at that fight.
Nobody gives Shamrock a chance. And I feel persuaded although IMO everything is possible.
ANd why they want to promote Slice in fights like this?
And what is this gonna give them (EliteXC) ?

angelbelow
09-21-2008, 03:30 AM

lol

2centsworth
09-22-2008, 11:33 PM
OM, you guys are way too sensitive if TPark's comments bother you. I can't imagine the jerkfest you guys are going to have in the MMA forum. The enter button is going to say "Cum In".

Evan
09-23-2008, 05:24 AM
Its not that big of a deal...you're overreacting to a few playful responses back to tpark.

When the mma forum up there will be a new trolling stirring it up ever month or two.

"LOLZ ZOMFG MMA is TEH GAY" will be in heavy rotation.

I'm sure our survival instincts will kick in and we will handle it

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Shamrock

Destro
10-02-2008, 03:14 PM
This fight isn't for MMA fans, they already have you, this fight is bring in new fans. A lot of people (men in their 30's) know the name Ken Shamrock, name recognition is huge for marketing. Kimbo is a freak show, a big mean looking street fighter with a hard fist. Elite XC is trying to capture new fans. Unfortunitly, you don't capture new "casual" fans with good, smart, strategic technical fights. You get casual fans by using big names and freaks.

With that said, i think its a terrible strategy because that last Kimbo fight was a terrible thing to watch.

Evan
10-02-2008, 03:45 PM
This fight isn't for MMA fans, they already have you, this fight is bring in new fans. A lot of people (men in their 30's) know the name Ken Shamrock, name recognition is huge for marketing. Kimbo is a freak show, a big mean looking street fighter with a hard fist. Elite XC is trying to capture new fans. Unfortunitly, you don't capture new "casual" fans with good, smart, strategic technical fights. You get casual fans by using big names and freaks.

I don't agree.

UFC has been sky rocketing in popularity but NOT doing that.

And out of every organization, supposedly the UFC has the lowest demographic.

Pistons < Spurs
10-04-2008, 07:53 PM
So I'm hearing that Shamrock may not be cleared to fight tonight. Apparently, he got hurt/cut during a practice session today, and they're still trying to get doctor approval.

dallaskd
10-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Go to the EliteXC "Heat" thread.

Pistons < Spurs
10-04-2008, 07:57 PM
LOL! my bad!

BlackSwordsMan
10-04-2008, 08:03 PM
/thread

Evan
10-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Final Update: Kimbo Slice VS. Seth Petruzelli tonight. 100%

Kimbo goes down in 2.

dbreiden83080
10-04-2008, 08:39 PM
We could probably kill this thread

Although Ken was already talking about re-scheduling

angelbelow
10-05-2008, 12:16 AM
its a shame we couldnt see ken go tonight.

dbreiden83080
10-05-2008, 02:59 PM
its a shame we couldnt see ken go tonight.

He still probably would have lost. Ken's reflexes are so slow, he might have missed that wide open counter punch. Things worked out better this way. Seth is a decent MMA fighter who was still young enough to put Slice Down.

angelbelow
10-05-2008, 03:10 PM
He still probably would have lost. Ken's reflexes are so slow, he might have missed that wide open counter punch. Things worked out better this way. Seth is a decent MMA fighter who was still young enough to put Slice Down.

yea.. i was a huge shamrock fan way back but i wasnt sure he could pull it off eitehr.

King
10-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Man, Kimbo won't live this one down...

http://deadspin.com/5059233/meet-the-man-who-felled-kimbo

dbreiden83080
10-05-2008, 09:20 PM

LOL,

Uh WOW no he won't live that down

Evan
10-05-2008, 09:27 PM

o

m

g

:lol

dbreiden83080
10-05-2008, 09:53 PM
o

m

g

:lol

Redemption will never occur Kimbo

Time to retire and go into hiding. Better shave that beard, if you want to avoid getting recognized everywhere

King
10-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Not that that dude wouldn't beat the ever loving piss out of any and all of us on here -- it's just not what you want to see coming out the day after your first loss.

dallaskd
10-05-2008, 10:31 PM
So Seth is gay???

dallaskd
10-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Never mind he has a "woman"

Evan
10-05-2008, 10:36 PM
I don't know...hard to tell...but if he is...such ultimate own age of the highest order

dallaskd
10-05-2008, 10:37 PM
I don't know...hard to tell...but if he is...such ultimate own age of the highest order

His myspace says he's straight and he has some photos with some pretty hot chicks. Just seems like crazy mofo. You just don't post those pics.

Evan
10-05-2008, 10:46 PM
Never mind he has a "woman"

His myspace says he's straight and he has some photos with some pretty hot chicks. Just seems like crazy mofo. You just don't post those pics.

He could still swing from both sides of the plate. Maybe he only bats southpaw in certain situations. :downspin:

angelbelow
10-06-2008, 02:50 AM
Wow..

ATRAIN
10-06-2008, 07:52 AM
I know Frank would kill Ken but I would love to see Ken vs Frank Shamrock. That shit would be awesome. I hope Tito kills him, Frank is a prick.

Taco
10-06-2008, 11:08 AM
So Seth is gay???

I think that's part of his act

Pink Hair and Mouthpiece :lol