PDA

View Full Version : 2012 the new Dream Team?

IronMexican
08-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Think about it.

Chris Paul/Deron Williams/Derrick Rose
Dwayne Wade/Kobe Bryant/(Sharp shooter)
LeBron James/Kevin Durant/
Chris Bosh/Carmelo Anthony
Andrew Bynum/Greg Oden

That could be a very dangerous team 4 years from now. of course it would take them all to commit

jack sommerset
08-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Think about it.

Andrew Bynum/Greg Oden

That could be a very dangerous team 4 years from now. of course it would take them all to commit

To early to think about this.

Udokafan05
08-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Bynum? Howard will always be better

Gino
08-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Bynum? Howard will always be better

No joke. And where's Stoudemire?

Extra Stout
08-25-2008, 09:29 PM
There will never be another Dream Team.

IronMexican
08-25-2008, 09:29 PM
No joke. And where's Stoudemire?

idk if Stoudamire would commit.

Allanon
08-25-2008, 09:34 PM
I think Stoudamire has been black-balled after he said something to the effect of "if I choose to play for the Dream Team".

Andrew Bynum could be better than Howard. Yao and Howard are the 2 best Centers in the NBA right now with Chris Bosh, Pau coming in after. After that it looks like Bynum, Chandler and Oden are the runners up. The next few seasons will tell.

Dex
08-25-2008, 09:38 PM
idk if Stoudamire would commit.

ydk if any of them would commit.

Something tells me that many of these guys who just committed three years and already got their gold medal won't be back around for the next round.

Putting Durant, Oden, Rose, Bosh, and Bynum on the level of the Dream Team already is pretty much just silly, too.

The Redeem Team was great. But I still don't think anybody could beat a team consisting of Jordan, Magic, Bird, Robinson, and...well...just take your pick.

IronMexican
08-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Paul already committed to 2012

IronMexican
08-25-2008, 09:40 PM

Something tells me that many of these guys who just committed three years and already got their gold medal won't be back around for the next round.

Putting Durant, Oden, Rose, Bosh, and Bynum on the level of the Dream Team already is pretty much just silly, too.

The Redeem Team was great. But I still don't think anybody could beat a team consisting of Jordan, Magic, Bird, Robinson, and...well...just take your pick.

Magic and Bird(especially bird) were both well past their primes.

Gino
08-25-2008, 09:41 PM

Bird was a shell of his former self in 92. He had to lay down in the aisle on the plane due to back problems.

Magic had been retired for a half-season too.

Robinson? Seriously? The center position was easily the weakest of the Dream Team.

Dex
08-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Paul already committed to 2012

Okay, so that cover 8% of our lineup.

Dex
08-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Magic and Bird(especially bird) were both well past their primes.

Bird was a shell of his former self in 92. He had to lay down in the aisle on the plane due to back problems.

Magic had been retired for a half-season too.

Robinson? Seriously? The center position was easily the weakest of the Dream Team.

Noted.

Doesn't matter.

Substance > Flash

tlongII
08-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge should be listed. Possibly Jerryd Bayless as well.

Allanon
08-25-2008, 10:57 PM
This year's Redeem Team could have given Dream Team a run for its money. Sure the Dream Team had better post presence but the speed and athleticism of the Reddeem Team has never been assembled. Redeem team is all about speed, if they keep the game up-tempo, they would have pushed Dream Team pretty good.

MrChug
08-25-2008, 11:04 PM
I'll be dead in 4 years, and I'm young. I could give less of a shit.

JMarkJohns
08-26-2008, 03:08 PM
PG: Paul, Williams
SG: Wade, Roy, Joe Johnson
SF: James, Durant
PF: Anthony, Bosh, Amare
C: Howard, Oden

I think Durant or Amare could be left off for a legit perimeter defender. Roy is a great option because he's very versatile on offense, as is Joe Johnson. Each bring good shooting from anywhere on the floor, an ability to spot up or create off the dribble, run an offense for periods of time, rebound well for their position and each is a quality defender, though neither great.

Iguodala would be an interesting option for the perimeter defender as he has the requisite athleticism, length and offensive skills to dominate for stretches, especially if his mid-range jumper continues to improve.

Kobe could be an option, but I think his athleticism will be too diminished by that time and his shot is a bit too streaky, so with shaky offense and defense, why have him? They'll have plenty of experience amongst Paul, Williams, Wade, James, Anthony, Bosh and Howard.

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Bynum might be in Europe by then.

Brutalis
08-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Bynum? Where's Howard?? And Beasley is going to be a better NBA player than we think.

And I just don't see Rose ever being a superstar or a guy that puts up 20+ and good numbers to go with the scoring every year.

SenorSpur
08-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Think about it.

Andrew Bynum/Greg Oden

I would add Kyle Korver and/or Michael Redd as the sharpshooter. I'm not sure why Redd didn't get a lot of time this go around. Probaby because he's not that good of a defender.

The other change I would make is Baron Davis for Derrick Rose. Rose has not paid enough dues to warrant inclusion on this team yet.

Biggems
08-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Based on the players now I'd like to see the following:

Guards
Dwayne Wade
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Kevin Durant
Kevin Martin

Forwards
Lebron James
Teyshaun Prince
LaMarcus Aldridge
David West
Chris Bosh

Centers
Greg Oden
Amare Stoudamire

Hank the Tank
08-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Rodney Stuckey was on the list of hopefuls on ESPN during one of the exhibition games.

We will see though...It is much too far away for anyone to truly know what to expect.

MrChug
08-26-2008, 09:46 PM
For some reason if Coach K. is still around, I see said sharpshooter to be a former Dukie COUGH***JJRedick***COUGH