PDA

View Full Version : Luke Jackson

Biggems
08-25-2008, 09:11 PM
what is his contract status?

if he is a UFA, I would like for the Spurs to sign him. Since Gist decided to go overseas, Jackson would make a nice, reasonably priced 3rd SF. He is finally healthy from his back problems and his 3pt shot has improved tremendously.

With the addition of Finley, our wing players are as follows:

Manu
Mason
Finley
Bowen
Udoka

Jackson would make the 6th and final wing

exstatic
08-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Scrub

Tully365
08-25-2008, 10:00 PM
This article says he will be added to the Blazer's roster as their 15th man:

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2008/08/report_luke_jackson_is_the_15t.html

Solid D
08-25-2008, 10:00 PM

SequSpur
08-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Star Wars?

DROB4EVER
08-25-2008, 10:06 PM
He will be with Portland. Dont see him as a real option looks like a poor mans Finley.

T Park
08-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Luke Jackson is a stiff.

Tully365
08-25-2008, 11:05 PM
Since Gist decided to go overseas

I think most of us were completely impressed by him this summer-- I hope he kicks some ass in Italy this year and joins the Spurs next year. The Spurs haven't used the LLE yet this off season-- maybe they are saving it for him next year...

tlongII
08-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Luke will be in the Blazers training camp, but I doubt that he'll make the team.

Biggems
08-26-2008, 11:38 AM
of course he was a scrub....he was playing with a jacked up back earlier in his career. He is finally healthy. He has added consistency to his jumper. Portland is extremely deep. I wonder how they are going to find time to get all of these guys consistent minutes and keep them all happy.

BTW, Jackson would have been player 13-15 on our roster too.

If Tolliver makes the roster, that gives us 14 players going into the season, but it also leaves us with only 5 wing players.

C - Thomas, Oberto, Bonner
PF - Duncan, Ian, Tolliver
SF - Bowen, Udoka, ?
SG - Manu, Mason, Finley
PG - Parker, Hill, Vaughn

sribb43
08-26-2008, 12:17 PM
http://www.bowlingconcepts.com/bowling-pins/lapel-pins/0035_sm.jpg

If Luke Jackson expects to get minutes on an NBA caliber roster, he is sadly mistaken. bad back or nor, he has proved absolutely nothing in his time in the NBA

wisnub
08-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Star Wars?

LUKE...I AM YOUR FATHER. COME TO THE DARKSIDE :lol Luke Jackson can learn the force first before attempting to become Spurs member

Brutalis
08-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Belongs in the NBA section. Don't want him neither.

Sissiborgo
08-26-2008, 05:52 PM
I hate that guy jesus...:rolleyes

Tully365
08-26-2008, 07:01 PM
It's an interesting suggestion-- unfortunately many people on spurstalk will dismiss any proposition that doesn't involve getting an all-star in return for Bonner and Vaughn, or signing a legitimate starter for around 1 mil a year. There's generally a lack of understanding as to how nba teams are constructed (not with 15 all-stars!), or why a team would sign a guy cheaply who has so far underachieved in his career, based on the long shot that he might be a late developer, like James Posey or Tyson Chandler, or to a lesser extent, Roger Mason or Ime Udoka.

Biggems
08-26-2008, 07:42 PM
It's an interesting suggestion-- unfortunately many people on spurstalk will dismiss any proposition that doesn't involve getting an all-star in return for Bonner and Vaughn, or signing a legitimate starter for around 1 mil a year. There's generally a lack of understanding as to how nba teams are constructed (not with 15 all-stars!), or why a team would sign a guy cheaply who has so far underachieved in his career, based on the long shot that he might be a late developer, like James Posey or Tyson Chandler, or to a lesser extent, Roger Mason or Ime Udoka.

at least u understand this concept though.....btw, i wouldnt say jackson has underachieved.....its hard to play with a jacked up back. This is why I feel DRob is greatly underrated by the media....

exstatic
08-26-2008, 08:25 PM

Posey, other than his 3 pointer, was pretty damn good right off the bat. Luke Jackson, OTOH, hasn't shown shit in 4 years.

rascal
08-26-2008, 08:36 PM
He has a career FG% of .357 and shoots from 3pt% at .360

So he basically is a jack the shot up at a low % with no moves to the basket to increase his overall fg% type of player. Is that what the spurs need, another unreliable perimeter shooter with little athleticism.

Tully365
08-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Posey, other than his 3 pointer, was pretty damn good right off the bat. Luke Jackson, OTOH, hasn't shown shit in 4 years.

Um-hmm. That's true. I never meant to imply Jackson was anywhere near the player Posey is.
But Roger Mason, after two unsuccessful years in the NBA and a few years in Europe, came back to the nba and played for Washington, where he averaged 2.7 ppg, 0.7 rpg, 0.6 apg. Not that impressive. That was his 5th year as a professional basketball player. I'm sure most people wrote him off as a scrub. Now he looks like a pretty decent role player. Again, not the impact player Posey is, but an example of a late bloomer.

I'm not even a big fan of Jackson's-- the point of threads like this one is pointing out that it's guys like that who are available: him, Kirk Snyder, Nick Fazekas, Andre Brown, etc. As opposed to other threads which say dude we should get Iguodala he'd be a great fit, i.e., threads which don't take reality into consideration.

exstatic
08-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Um-hmm. That's true. I never meant to imply Jackson was anywhere near the player Posey is.
But Roger Mason, after two unsuccessful years in the NBA and a few years in Europe, came back to the nba and played for Washington, where he averaged 2.7 ppg, 0.7 rpg, 0.6 apg. Not that impressive. That was his 5th year as a professional basketball player. I'm sure most people wrote him off as a scrub. Now he looks like a pretty decent role player. Again, not the impact player Posey is, but an example of a late bloomer.

I'm not even a big fan of Jackson's-- the point of threads like this one is pointing out that it's guys like that who are available: him, Kirk Snyder, Nick Fazekas, Andre Brown, etc. As opposed to other threads which say dude we should get Iguodala he'd be a great fit, i.e., threads which don't take reality into consideration.

I agree 100% with the unrealistic shit, but there has to be a happy medium, maybe some end of the bencher who has shot 40% even for one year.

Tully365
08-26-2008, 09:45 PM
I agree 100% with the unrealistic shit, but there has to be a happy medium, maybe some end of the bencher who has shot 40% even for one year.

:tu Yeah-- i suggested K Snyder in another thread. He was a starter on a terrible team, and shot 51.6% last year...

KidCongo
08-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Cavs fucked up there.

angelbelow
08-26-2008, 11:51 PM
hes been thrown around since hes been in the league.

ChumpDumper
08-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Signed by the Blazers.

http://www.nba.com/blazers/news/Trail_Blazers_Sign_Jackson_Hi-281126-1218.html

Whisky Dog
08-28-2008, 09:24 AM
maybe some end of the bencher who has shot 40% even for one year.

You mean Roger Mason Jr.?