PDA

View Full Version : Talk about ignoring the will of the people

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 10:51 PM
Obama ignored the will of his own party. If dems had to vote for a VP, Hillary would have won by a landslide. Maybe that's leadership? A woman apparently wasn't fit to be his running mate.

ChumpDumper
08-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Dumb thread.

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 11:13 PM
that's why so much attention is given to the Hillary factor, OK. We shall see.

Hillary should know her place, get it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-25-2008, 11:20 PM
Eh, Hillary will have him offed before the floor vote on Thursday anyway...

ChumpDumper
08-25-2008, 11:21 PM
I agree that Clinton supporters who won't vote for virtually the same candidate are pretty much the stupidest people on the face of the earth.

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 11:25 PM
I agree that Clinton supporters who won't vote for virtually the same candidate are pretty much the stupidest people on the face of the earth.

that's what Obama thinks of them. Obama/Hillary ticket wins easily in November. I guess she's a little too bitchy and conservative for his taste.

ChumpDumper
08-25-2008, 11:30 PM
that's what Obama thinks of them. Obama/Hillary ticket wins easily in November.Not really, she motivates the opposition and turns off independents more than Biden.

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Not really, she motivates the opposition and turns off independents more than Biden.

I think I know a little about the opposition, Obama is enough motivation. Dems have no chance if they are not united. Obama runs the risk of turning off women.

ChumpDumper
08-25-2008, 11:41 PM
I think I know a little about the opposition, Obama is enough motivation.You don't know quite enough.
Dems have no chance if they are not united. Obama runs the risk of turning off women.:lol You don't know about women either.

T Park
08-25-2008, 11:43 PM
This is where I'd have to side with Obama, and say you go with who you want and like damn the polls.

The people are electing you for what you beleive in. Not for what polls stand for.

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 11:43 PM
You don't know quite enough.:lol You don't know about women either.

I guess all the attention given to the hillary factor was meaningless. i get it, what you want to be true is true. I see why you're a dem.

ChumpDumper
08-25-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm not a dem, and you apparently haven't seen the lead Obama has in the polls over McCain with women.

I agree the stupid Hilary supporter factor could mean something.

Because they are that stupid.

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 11:46 PM
This is where I'd have to side with Obama, and say you go with who you want and like damn the polls.

The people are electing you for what you beleive in. Not for what polls stand for.

I'm all for it, but apparently he disagrees with about half of his party who thought hillary was good enough to be president. If not voting Barak is a black thing, and then not voting Hillary would have to be a woman thing.

T Park
08-25-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm all for it, but apparently he disagrees with about half of his party who thought hillary was good enough to be president. If not voting Barak is a black thing, and then not voting Hillary would have to be a woman thing.

He disagrees probobly because Hillary would be a power hungry bitch and not someone that would work with him.

Honestly, Joe Biden is a damn good guy. I disagree with about 95% of his policies, but hes a damn damn good guy.

I wish hed cut the class warfare bullshit though whent he guy has a fucking compound.

ChumpDumper
08-25-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm all for it, but apparently he disagrees with about half of his party who thought hillary was good enough to be president. If not voting Barak is a black thing, and then not voting Hillary would have to be a woman thing.What you just said is a stupid thing.

No wonder you would want Hillary on the ticket.

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm not a dem, and you apparently haven't seen the lead Obama has in the polls over McCain with women.

I agree the stupid Hilary supporter factor could mean something.

Because they are that stupid.

i know it's shame to admit you're a lib, but I expected more from you.

please show me the latest figures.

ChumpDumper
08-25-2008, 11:50 PM
i know it's shame to admit you're a lib, but I expected more from you.I would if I was.
please show me the latest figures.Please use Google to find them yourself.

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 11:53 PM
What you just said is a stupid thing.

No wonder you would want Hillary on the ticket.

I don't expect you to admit anything, but I read a recent Maureen Dawd article where she suggested that if Barak is not elected it will be because we're too racist as a society. In fact, I bet most dems believe that sort of thing. I remember race and gender being huge issues during the democratic primary.

ChumpDumper
08-25-2008, 11:55 PM
I don't expect you to admit anything, but I read a recent Maureen Dawd article where she suggested that if Barak is not elected it will be because we're too racist as a society.My name is not Maureen Dowd and there are plenty of reasons he might not be elected.
In fact, I bet most dems believe that sort of thing. I remember race and gender being huge issues during the democratic primary.You'd have to ask them. I suggest you start working the phones now.

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 11:58 PM
I would if I was.

You have major credibility on that one. I'm not a republican either.:lol

Please use Google to find them yourself. sure use a poll to support your opinion and don't produce.

2centsworth
08-25-2008, 11:59 PM
My name is not Maureen Dowd and there are plenty of reasons he might not be elected.You'd have to ask them. I suggest you start working the phones now.

oookkkk, I knew it wouldn't last very long.

ChumpDumper
08-26-2008, 12:00 AM
You have major credibility on that one.Sure. My voting record proves it.

sure use a poll to support your opinion and don't produce.You just made a claim that you can't support in any way whatsoever.

It's not my fault you are too lazy and/or stupid to look it up yourself.

2centsworth
08-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Sure. My voting record proves it.

I can only judge by your opinions in this forum and they are straight up lefty.

You just made a claim that you can't support in any way whatsoever. saying something that happened 2 days ago MAY hurt him with women is making a claim. you obviously read what you want.

It's not my fault you are too lazy and/or stupid to look it up yourself. another tough guy. I'll leave you be troll.

ChumpDumper
08-26-2008, 12:10 AM
I can only judge by your opinions in this forum and they are straight up lefty.And yours are straight up asshole.

saying something that happened 2 days ago MAY hurt him with women is making a claim. you obviously read what you want.\You just took a chance to shoot off your mouth with claims having zero substance.

another tough guy. I'll leave you be troll.I'll leave you to go fuck yourself.

The poll of more than 1,400 women voters quizzed during the first week of August found Obama ahead of John McCain by 12 percentage points.

So far, so good, from a Democratic point of view. Gore led in a similar survey by 9 points in June 2000; on election day, network exit polls showed him carrying the women's vote over George W. Bush by 11 points. Kerry led among these voters by a mere 1 point in a June survey when he ran for the presidency; he eventually won them by 3 points in his loss to Bush, according to the exit polls.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/08/barack-obama-an.html

Choke on that, bitch.

ChumpDumper
08-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Is replying really leaving me to troll?

2centsworth
08-26-2008, 12:18 AM
And yours are straight up asshole.

how old are you again?

You just took a chance to shoot off your mouth with claims having zero substance. All this attention to Hillary Clinton is just a figment of my imagination. I understand, you are the truth, even over the DNC.

I'll leave you to go fuck yourself.

I love it:lol

The poll of more than 1,400 women voters quizzed during the first week of August found Obama ahead of John McCain by 12 percentage points.

So far, so good, from a Democratic point of view. Gore led in a similar survey by 9 points in June 2000; on election day, network exit polls showed him carrying the women's vote over George W. Bush by 11 points. Kerry led among these voters by a mere 1 point in a June survey when he ran for the presidency; he eventually won them by 3 points in his loss to Bush, according to the exit polls.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/08/barack-obama-an.html

Choke on that, bitch.

brother I knew the answer before I even asked it. You simply do not want to read, because why read when you know everything, right.:toast

ChumpDumper
08-26-2008, 12:20 AM
So this is your idea of leaving me to troll? Not really good on follow through are you?

Typical.
brother I knew the answer before I even asked it.No, you whined about having me google "presidential poll" for you.

How old are you?

clambake
08-26-2008, 12:20 AM
obsession with hillary?

even bill didn't have that.

hater
08-26-2008, 09:24 AM
Obama ignored the will of his own party. If dems had to vote for a VP, Hillary would have won by a landslide. Maybe that's leadership? A woman apparently wasn't fit to be his running mate.

yes because USA really would vote for black man at #1 and woman at #2 :rolleyes

Anti.Hero
08-26-2008, 09:26 AM
You don't want to take a job where if you die, a Clinton will replace you.

Dude just doesn't want to get capped in the back. I don't blame him.

Plus, he doesn't need Hillary for women. He'll throw on another Lifetime movie at the convention with his daughters again and get all the tears flowing.

ChumpDumper
08-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Yes, the killer Clinton canard. Very Nbadanish of the board Republicans.

JoeChalupa
08-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Hillary, while an excellent VP candidate was NOT the right choice this year. She would have mobilzed the anti-clinton republican conservative movement like no other. That is a fact that cannot be ignored. Get over it.

Hook Dem
08-26-2008, 01:35 PM
Hillary, while an excellent VP candidate was NOT the right choice this year. She would have mobilzed the anti-clinton republican conservative movement like no other. That is a fact that cannot be ignored. Get over it.

You don't think the conservative Republican movement will be mobilized anyway????????:lol

ChumpDumper
08-26-2008, 01:38 PM
It's a matter of degree. Clinton = more conservative mobilization as well as more independents for McCain. Whether those potential numbers are offset by colossally stupid, butthurt Clinton supporters remains to be seen.

JoeChalupa
08-26-2008, 01:40 PM
You don't think the conservative Republican movement will be mobilized anyway????????:lol

Not from what I hear from those who don't like McCain but they realize he is the candidate of their party although they are FAR from thrilled about it.

JoeChalupa
08-26-2008, 01:41 PM
It's a matter of degree. Clinton = more conservative mobilization as well as more independents for McCain. Whether those potential numbers are offset by colossally stupid, butthurt Clinton supporters remains to be seen.

I concur.

Spurminator
08-26-2008, 01:56 PM
99% of the dialogue around the Biden pick has been related to how it helps or hurts Obama's chances of election. Barely a thing about what Biden might actually bring to the VP seat vs. Clinton. Maybe Biden was the better pick because of his tenure and foreign policy expertise. I don't know... Wishful thinking?

JoeChalupa
08-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Hillary just ran a bad campaign in the beginning and really though she would catch Obama after he won all those smaller States. She simply under estimated the urgency of what people wanted. She'll run again.

Spurminator
08-26-2008, 02:07 PM
Isn't it also possible that Hillary refused the nomination privately so as not to create a rift by publically refusing? We're assuming it wasn't offered to her and that she was interested, but how do we really know?

JoeChalupa
08-26-2008, 02:11 PM
And you all seem to forget that Bill Clinton comes with Hillary and I feel there is some real bad blood between Bill and Barack.

Wild Cobra
08-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Well, the way I see it is that half the democrats don't like a black man of power and half the democrats don't like a women of power. The crossover is about 75% wouldn't like that combination.

ChumpDumper
08-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Well, the way I see it is that half the democrats don't like a black man of power and half the democrats don't like a women of power.So according to your logic, all the Republicans oppose both blacks and women of power.

Hook Dem
08-26-2008, 02:57 PM
Not from what I hear from those who don't like McCain but they realize he is the candidate of their party although they are FAR from thrilled about it.
The same could be said of Obama and some Democrats.

Wild Cobra
08-26-2008, 03:05 PM
So according to your logic, all the Republicans oppose both blacks and women of power.
No. I specified democrats. They are the ones who are more bigoted statistically, even though they claim otherwise.

ChumpDumper
08-26-2008, 03:10 PM
No. I specified democrats. They are the ones who are more bigoted statistically, even though they claim otherwise.Hey, it's your logic, not mine.

How many women and blacks received delegates for the Republican nomination this year?

Wild Cobra
08-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Hey, it's your logic, not mine.

How many women and blacks received delegates for the Republican nomination this year?

I don't know, but I'll bet there is a greater percentage of elected women in the republican party vs. the democrat party when looking at it from the perspective of how many run for office.

You see, less of the republican women run for office than democrat. More republican women are content with living the traditional role.

ChumpDumper
08-26-2008, 03:14 PM
How many women and blacks received delegates for the Republican nomination this year?Look it up for me.

In fact, look up everything you just claimed and get back to me on that. It's about time you backed up something you just pulled out of your ass. You're the Galileo of the right.

JoeChalupa
08-26-2008, 03:16 PM
The same could be said of Obama and some Democrats.

Exactly. There is no perfect candidate.

smeagol
08-26-2008, 03:19 PM

Paging GGA and peewee . . .

Wild Cobra
08-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Look it up for me.

In fact, look up everything you just claimed and get back to me on that. It's about time you backed up something you just pulled out of your ass. You're the Galileo of the right.

That's not the major theme of this thread. I started to look up numbers, but didn't find the research already done, and I don't have that much time to spare. I can tell you from my experience of voting in Oregon, the republicans very seldom have women running, and many of them get elected. The democrats often have more women than men running for the same postition, but far less of the wins by percentage.

ChumpDumper
08-26-2008, 03:28 PM
I am desperate to change the subject.

JoeChalupa
08-26-2008, 03:31 PM
:lmao

FromWayDowntown
08-26-2008, 06:38 PM
You see, less of the republican women run for office than democrat. More republican women are content with living the traditional role.

You say that as if it's the way things should be.

Ocotillo
08-26-2008, 07:51 PM

Gee just what Obama needs, some Republican giving him campaign advice. I'm sure he really appreciates your help.

Supergirl
08-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Obama did not select Clinton to be his VP because she is better suited to be in his cabinet - I predict his Secretary of Interior. Book it.

JoeChalupa
08-26-2008, 10:16 PM
Obama did not select Clinton to be his VP because she is better suited to be in his cabinet - I predict his Secretary of Interior. Book it.

I concur.

ChumpDumper
08-26-2008, 10:19 PM
I can't see her accepting that. Small potatoes.

FromWayDowntown
08-26-2008, 10:50 PM
I wondered about a promise to Clinton that she'd be considered to fill a vacancy on the Supreme Court, but with more thought, I think that unlikely because she'd struggle mightily through a confirmation and the position seems too low profile for someone with Presidential ambition. Part of me thinks that a cabinet position has the same problem. Clinton has more power and more cache as a Senator.

Nbadan
08-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Think of it this way, if Obama wins, Joe Biden is likely to old to to run for the presidency after 8 years...as a Senator, Hillary would likely fade into the background, but as a cabinet member, she'd get plenty of face time before a National audience..

Ocotillo
08-27-2008, 05:31 PM
There was some speculation that she could run for Majority Leader in the Senate but Harry Reid evidently is not interested in stepping down.

FromWayDowntown
08-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Think of it this way, if Obama wins, Joe Biden is likely to old to to run for the presidency after 8 years...as a Senator, Hillary would likely fade into the background, but as a cabinet member, she'd get plenty of face time before a National audience..

I disagree with that. I suspect that if you polled the average American, he or she could name more senators than Cabinet members, particularly for posts other than Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, Attorney General, and maybe Secretary for Homeland Security. I doubt that many here could name the Secretary of the Interior or the Secretary of Health & Human Services or the Secretary of Housing & Urban Development without looking those names up.

Senators, particularly those who are known already, carry much bigger names and get far more public exposure than most Cabinet officers.